Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Project 68611X Refit, Imperial II-class (Block IX) Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
G2eqleA.png

bXA3MsI.png
jFgJA51.jpg

Lm0pMna.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: Making a sub worthy of Fractal’s impressive ISD-II Redux
Image Source: FractalSponge
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Affiliation: The First Order
Model: Project 68611X Refit, Imperial II (Block IX) - class Star Destroyer
Production: Minor
Material: Duranium Alloy Hull with Turadium Internal Reinforcement, Glassteel and Transparisteel where appropriate.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Line Star Destroyer
Length: 1600m
Width: 975m
Height: 487m
Power Core/Reactor Plant: I-a2b(FI Mod V) Solar Ionization Reactor
Complement: 840 Officers, 11,850 Enlisted
Passenger Capacity: Up to 22,000 passengers can be comfortably accommodated, thanks to the vast amounts of extra space. This would be considered unusual though.
Armament: Very High
  • 8 x Octuple Barbette 40tt caliber Heavy Annihilator Turbolaser Mounts
  • 9 x Triple 40tt caliber Heavy Annihilator Turbolaser Turrets
  • 2 x Quad 70tt Superheavy Turbolaser turrets
  • 83 x Combi Ion Cannon/50mt LTL Point Defense Turrets
  • 12 x Tractor/Pressor Beam Projectors
  • 12 x 12-Cell Tactical-Scale Variable Warhead Missile Launchers
  • 1 x 24-Cell Strategic-Scale Variable Warhead Missile Launcher
Defenses: High
  • Star Destroyer Hull Construction
  • Carbon-Nanofilament Armor Plating
  • Secondary AR-03 Damage Reduction Component
  • Star Destroyer Ray Shielding
  • Star Destroyer Particle Shielding
  • Combat-Rated Ionic Shielding Package
  • Combat-Rated Electronic Warfare Suite (Attack/Defense/Support Capable)
Hangar Space: Average
Hangar Allocations:
Maneuverability Rating: Low
Speed Rating: Low
Hyperdrive: Yes
Hyperdrive Class: 2.0 (10.0 Backup)
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Astrogation System
    • Precision Microjump Computer
  • Military-Grade Fire Control System
  • Passive Countermeasure Package
  • Military-Grade Sensor Suite
  • Subspace Communications and C4I System with Military Encryption
  • Hyperwave Transceiver
  • Internal Defenses
    • Defensive Autoblasters
    • Labyrinth Interior w/ natural chokepoints
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Heavy Firepower: Even more guns than the original, not to mention they’re even bigger and better.
  • Built Star Destroyer Tough: These ships have only improved on the legendary durability of the Imperial Star Destroyer.
  • Assault Carrier: Another holdover from the old design, the Block IX Refit remains a formidable planetary assault ship, capable of carrying an augmented regiment of troops, vehicles and equipment, not to mention a full wing of starfighters.
WEAKNESSES
  • Hulking: Imperial Star Destroyers have never been fast or maneuverable vessels. That hasn’t changed.
  • Knife Tang: The inherent weakness of the old design has not been much rectified. While there is certainly point defense coverage aft, not to mention the missile batteries, there are few main battery weapons that reach backwards.
DESCRIPTION
The Project 68611X Refit program is a direct reaction to the situation the First Order finds itself in today. While the plans and technology all remain to construct the array of impressive capital ships in the First Order inventory, the fact is that the resources and logistics background do not. But the people of Dosuun and the surrounding territories are nothing if not inventive, and they took advantage of the ubiquity of a particular type of large capital ship once commonly seen across the galaxy: the ancient Imperial Star Destroyer.
A number of these vessels were acquired, either from old drydocks, minor planetary fleets, old ship graveyards, and many other locations. The most damaged and run down vessels were cannibalized for parts, but a number of the ships were moved into orbital facilities and began a long process of refitting and complex overhaul.
The internal structure was dramatically reshaped, with entire sections of decks refitted with additional hull reinforcement or otherwise simply sealed off. The latter bit a consequence of advances in automation since the Galactic Civil War resulting in drastically lower crew requirements than the ISD’s of yore.
The armor plating was replaced with material now standard on First Order vessels, largely stripped from derelict hulks that exist in orbit near most major worlds overwhelmed during the Ssi-Ruuvi onslaught. The layers of tough durasteel were recycled and turned into Carbon-Nanofilament, which was layered over AR-03 Damage Reduction Component Plating. The end result is that the already famously durable vessels are now even more resilient despite their age.
The internal systems were extensively overhauled as well, with thousands of miles of cabling added in to support a vast increase in automation and computing power. The combat system was upgraded to the famous Bastion Advanced Fighter/Missile Defense System, and IFC-DCN was integrated as well.
Primary armament consists of 91 40-teraton Heavy Turbolasers, all of the Annihilator variant that has long since become the First Order standard. These are arranged in 8 octuple barbettes, largely placed where they were on the original ships, and 9 triple turrets arranged throughout the ship. A pair of 70-teraton Quad Heavy Turbolasers cover the port and starboard trench docking ports. Defensive armament consists of 83 Combi Ion Cannon-LTL Turrets, variants of the type originally developed for use on the Lancer II Air Defense frigate. 96 Tactical Missile Cells (integrated into Bastion) and 24 Strategic Missile Cells rounds out the armament.
The hanger remains largely the same as in the original, with the only major refits needed being those to allow for the docking and maintenance of modern First Order fighters.
All of this meant that the reactor plant, which in many cases was barely operable anyways, needed a significant tuneup. While installing Hypermatter Reactors would have been ideal, they were simply too expensive to reproduce at the size and capacity required for a destroyer. Instead the native Solar Ionization Reactors were either upgraded or replaced entirely with newer variants hosting modern technology.
Though most of the ships simply don’t have the manpower to support it, the capability remains to support a planetary assault force. Logistically, this consists of a reinforced Assault Regiment augmented with Special Mission, Line, Artillery, and two Assault Battalions, plus a special Assault Walker Battalion of stormtroopers. In total this comes out to a small army of nearly 9,700 personnel, 180 Repulsorcraft, 60 Heavy Tanks, 120 Speederbikes, 48 Heavy Artillery Pieces, and 16 Assault Walkers. A pair of ‘Gozanti Cruisers’ are supported to transport the walkers to a planet, and a proper complement of dropships and shuttles.
While the ship could not possibly be considered a ‘common’ sight, it is likely to be a bulwark for the First Order as they continue to grow and rebuild.

YdFvRXD.jpg

jLJLqO5.jpg

Last edited:
Great star destroyer but one massive problem.

Gozantis are corvettes at 63 meters! I am sorry but that is not going to work. Make some squadrons work and if you do want to keep the Gozantis, I can talk to the Factory Team to see how many support craft spaces they want to allow one corvette to fit in there.

Let me know when you make the changes/well you know.
Cyrus Tregessar Cyrus Tregessar

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

In this instance I'm going off canon. I'd also note that the dimensions are hardly a problem, given that theyre half the size of the Tantive IV, which fit easily into the ISD's ventral bay. As far as balance goes, I'd argue that losing a squadron to support a corvette with two laser turrets is a pretty big net loss in firepower.

I would like propose a one-to-one trade as far as '1 squadron for 1 gozanti' and drop the starfighter complement to five squadrons and scrub the shuttles.

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Suppose I use this sub instead, which is specifically noted in its strengths and weaknesses to able to be traded out at a ratio of 1-to-1. Also I'd be happy to add in a note somewhere in teh sub noting that it's specifically designed to fit Gozanti's/FIPV-9's and thus you can cram some other corvette in there, if there's concerns in that regard.

Failing that I'll probably be looking to sub a 50m Gozanti variant.

Last edited:
I apologize for the long wait.

Any form of corvette being shoved in, even at 50 meters, will constitute two hanger bay squadron spaces. I am sorry but after the discussion with the Factory Team, that is what we came to in agreement.

Let me know what you want to do from here and again, sorry for the wait.
Cyrus Tregessar Cyrus Tregessar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom