Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price Check: Valkorion's Holocron

How Much Is This Worth?

• 1 Million Credits

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 10 Million Credits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Billion Credits

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 100 ELEVENTY BILLION MONEY INGOTS

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Recently, Kurt has come into the possession of The Holocron of the Sith Emperor, Valkorion.

A friend of mine and I were musing(It was Illie) and we were wondering, what would this go for on the open market? How rich could these two poor characters get off of selling this?

NOTE: Kurt and Kaile have no idea what the Holocron actually is so the selling of it is rather unlikely at this moment, we were just curious.

PS: Genuinely seeking serious answers.

The holocron of the most powerful non-celestial being in galactic history?

A billion credits (if we are equating them with $US) seems legitimate.

Of course, seeing as how people are willing to spend 55 billion credits for a lightsabre, I have no doubt that a rogue padawan will snaffle it up for any price you might name.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Of course, seeing as how people are willing to spend 55 billion credits for a lightsabre, I have no doubt that a rogue padawan will snaffle it up for any price you might name.
Burn.

One a real note, gotta say, credits aren't what I would charge for said Holocron. Assuming it has his whole library of knowledge, the ability to alchemical make others ageless, possess multiple bodies at once, and a spell that can wipe out all galactic life. Its not naming a price. Its literally priceless.

Granted some of the things he was capable of, no one, or no one should be, able to duplicate. Still, absolutely priceless.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]
As stated before, if it was truly a repository of all of his knowledge (and not some trick to take over our bodies), then I would say it is priceless. Granted, I would say the same about any ancient holocron that wasn't from a one-trick-pony like Andeddu and the like, but Valkorian/Vitiate's knowledge and power was supposedly second to none, aside from his own shortcomings on the planning side of things.

If you did sell it

You would probably be able to drain much of the OS's funds, assuming they'd have the expected interest in it. Nobody more than someone like the Dark Lord would want this to either destroy it or keep it away from prying eyes to keep someone from rising up against him. I'm sure any corporate elite with experience in the force and any kind of knowledge of "The Emperor" and Valkorian would bid as hard as possible too, so I would honestly be surprised if this didn't reach the hundreds of millions or even billions by the end of the week, if the auction dragged on that long.

If neither you nor Kaile are force users and haven't been able to access the holocron, I don't know that it would be really possible to really gauge the worth of the holocron, and if neither of you are actually able to be effected by it, possibly by being NFUs or some other reason, then there is a good chance that the holocron is just another temporary host to the Sith Lord waiting for some poor sap to open it up and get kicked out of their own body for control - sounds like something he would do, anyway. So there's that risk, too. If the latter-most thought holds true, the holocron probably holds both no value and all the value in the galaxy at the opportunity for some egomaniac Sith Lord to try and use it for power only to get killed/taken over/etc by Valkorian.

Basically, no matter which way it is, you still come out with hundreds of millions upon billions of credits if you auction it.

[member="Kurt Meyer"] - This thing doesn't really have a price tag if it is like some have said it is to be. Literally groups like the OS would/should glass entire worlds to get it. People like me who run mega-corporations? Probably burn through money, favors, and what they had just to snag it, even if for a moment. My advice? Don't just throw it to an auction and let it create an OOC drama shit storm where people throw around fake credits that mean nothing but that their fingers can type, and often if they mean anything beyond that they serve only to show severe misunderstandings of finance and the like on us writers' part. See aforementioned lightsaber debacle for proof.

My advice? Screw money. It means nothing on Chaos. And those who could trade you favors or things that do are just as like to set up a trade and then ICly slit your throat to keep it's location quiet and hide the fact they have it. Take a nod from [member="Jorus Merrill"] and his weekend treasure hunts. Structure a little campaign around it, make sure entire factions can't bum rush it, and open it to anyone. In fact, you can do minimal work and create something marvelous if you do it right. Give [member="Coren Starchaser"] a chance to destroy arguably one of the strongest Dark Side artifacts ever. Give that lowly Sith Acolyte brand-new to the site a chance to have a stupendously amazing character hook. Give me something else to put in my curio cabinet.

Though, if you insist on selling it.... The price should be stupid high.

[member="Uriel Escria"] Speaking of epic campaigns structured around awesome items and or big creatures.
batman-eyes-narrow-o.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom