Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pretty Close to Nowhere (Invite)

Jakku was a world doubtless of many wonders and memorable locations, but to Phylis Alince its brown surface looked unappealing.
"Like Tatooine v2," she muttered to herself.
The astromech beside her beeped something.
"Noted, Six-Nine, but we're still going in to land. I promise not to take you anywhere with too much sand."
It beeped again pointedly a few times.
"Well, I guess it does get everywhere, and it can be rather coarse and rough. Hmm, though that sounded prepared. Have you been on the holonet again?"
A beep, perhaps a little more furtive.
"Hmmph, you know better than to connect to strange networks, you never know what you'll find!" She paused. "Like this place." She pulled out an ornate device and shook it slightly. "It's telling me this is the place. Hmm, well let's see. Take us down, Six-Nine."

As the ship came in all she could see was a rusted husk of a ship which seemed to have been manufactured into a landing site. That seemed to be where the device was pointing her towards.
"Doesn't look like much like an enclave. I guess that's the point. Hmm. Well, I'll put my transponder on in case they have concealed weapons."
The ship descended and came to rest on the landing pad.
"Stay here, don't open up unless I give the all clear."

Straightening her robes, the Jedi Master descended the gangplank and into the hot sun of Jakku. There was supposed to be a turbolift and cryptic messages about a Jedi 'knowing the way', whatever that meant. With that in mind she headed for the raised area, searching for the turbolift....

Enclave

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

The enclave did not, in fact, have concealed weapons - so far as Quill knew, anyway. What it had was an extremely dull aboveground physical presence. The entry was a humped little Hobbit-hole somewhere between sandstone and cement, half-buried in incipient dunes. This being evening, Quill had just woken up and was doing Niman velocities outside in the cooling desert. Romi had friends over and the underground enclave was feeling a tad crowded.

Well, not quite velocities - present moves with a lightsaber, yes, but all oriented toward a stretch of crumbly rock. His saber was carving a meditation circle one precise swipe at a time. He paused partway through the sequence as Phylis approached the disguised enclave.

Feth. More company.

"Welcome to Jakku," he said. "That utility door's the turbolift. Master Jade and such are right downstairs."

Phylis Alince Phylis Alince

Phylis had been examining the control panel, turning out a humming noise. She had thought it was her ship still powering down. Now someone spoke she almost jumped but just managed to contain herself.
Turning, she saw an older human male with lightsabre engaging in some carving. Perhaps for artistic effect or a deeper purpose.

"Hmm, yes, thank you. Phylis Alince, Jedi Master." That sounded incredibly stupid. Of course she was a Jedi, and it didn't seem necessary to announce her rank. She frowned at the other Jedi - presumably that's what he was. He didn't seem familiar, but there were so many Jedi scattered over the galaxy. She'd not kept up with most. Usually because the news about them was almost always bad.

"I'm here to collect some special supplies I can't get from non-Jedi. Holocron components and, hmm, such."
She paused to see what the fellow had to say.

Quill sighed and put away his lightsaber because he felt awkward about continuing now that he'd been interrupted. "Yes, we've got a decent stockpile-"

A blink, the first of several.

"Hold on, Phylis Alince Phylis Alince ? Alkahest? You're the one who figured out that Jedi could use alchemy, long before anyone learned that the Je'daii had those arts - I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm Quill. I'm a crafter too, but nothing so systematic. Most exciting. Don't go down there yet - too busy."

Phylis perked up. She did not live for recognition, but it was nice to get.
"Hmm, well yes, that's me. Alkahest has been my personal hobby for years now, I've been teaching those who wish to know. In fact, that's the reason I came here - I need Kyber crystals which have the right crystalline structure to store Force energy. Hmm, think of it like a circuitboard, but made of energy. They're very rare because the structure can fracture easily and then it's only useful for being ground up and used essentially as infused dust."
She seemed to realise she'd been rambling so she coughed. "Hmmph, sorry, I get quite invested in describing technical things."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Quill. If you don't mind me asking, what are you crafting, hmm?" she asked eagerly. She had a great respect for makers of things.

Phylis Alince Phylis Alince

"You and me both, o kindred spirit," Quill said - enthusiastically and asexually. "Never cut yourself off on my account. Right now..."

He waved and the sand shifted away from a precise, half-made pattern in the rock underfoot. Parts of it still glowed: sandstone wasn't known for its conduction of heat.

"I developed, or reconstructed, a lightsaber velocity ritual for imbuing meditation circles."

Phylis was pleased to find someone who at least ostensibly was willing to talk shop. It was a rare thing.

She knelt down to examine the stone. "Interesting. The exact shape creates aetheric channels which allow one to focus the Force through them. The Sith do similar for their alchemical rituals, though they usually use blood or other...less pleasant materials. This though seems a good way of providing a channel without causing harm. Hmm, will be difficult to keep free of sand though. Jakku is almost as bad as Tatooine for sand."

She stood and took a step back. "By all means continue if you don't mind me observing. I'm happy to return the favour later with some Alkahest instruction if you wish."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom