Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Predator-Bay 01/2 Drydock

Status
Not open for further replies.
P0hhRCi.jpg

5aVdWIs.png

kU5WcXk.png

TXPqzxw.png

• Classification: Orbital Drydock
  • Length: 18,000 meters
  • Width: 10,000 meters
  • Height: 3,000 meters
  • Armament: None
  • Defenses: Average
  • Hangar: None
  • Maneuverability Rating: None
  • Speed Rating: None
  • Hyperdrive Class: N/A

ivbE6mE.png

1HiS7C1.png

Strengths:
  • Strong Defense - While it isn't impenetrable, this Shipyard comes by default with a strong shield and good armor and security measures like thick blast doors in the case of emergency. This gives it protection against hostile weaponry.
Weaknesses:
  • No Armaments - The Shipyard is virtually undefended, excluding shielding and blast doors for lockdown procedures

wRp6Aj2.png

The Predator-Bay is an intense docking station, used as a drydock to shelve Star Destroyers, refit, modify, and repair. In some cases, in can even be used to build Star Destroyers, but not like the way a Shipyard would do, but using tugboats to carry pieces of Star Destroyers to their location and connect them. If anything, building a Star Destroyer from this drydock is incredibly harder, and requires a nearby Shipyard to construct the pieces. The Predator-Bay is designed, mostly, to hold Star Destroyers that are being prepared for war - whether that is aggressive action, or defensive action. Perhaps a system has just come under attack, and reinforcements are called. Or the frontline is losing their ships at the edge of the territory. Otherwise, this is a staging area for ships before they leave for their missions.

The Predator-Bay can hold twenty-six(26) Star Destroyers in total, thirteen (13) on each side. Unfortunately, it can only actually fit and drydock Kuat Drive Yards Star Destroyers, due to the wedge shape and specific docking clamps and where and how they hold the ship in place. The Drydock can offer assistance to a ship being held by its own engines or by tugboats nearby, but it doesn't have access to the Docking Stations as Star Destroyers do.

The primary part of the Drydock has a Model 10-T Monorail for the workers working long days, hosting their R&R, food, and rest areas. It goes between the connected half-circle locations which both have Model 8-x Unirails. This system of Rails helps to transport the necessary materials and systems to designated ships that need them. The parts of the Docking Station that extend outward are literally only used for docking rings, to connect to freighters, transports, and other small-sized ships, which the Monorail rides by to collect the cargo left behind, transport crews and other necessities, all the way to the other Unirails.

The Docking Station has its own dedicated Command Towers, Relay Towers, and Traffic Control towers to facilitate transport and freighter paths and hyperlanes.

Kuat Drive Yards said:
Image Source: Orbital Docking Station by Ryan Church
I don't happen to see this image at the listed page. Can you provide us with a more direct link?

Kuat Drive Yards said:
Production: Semi-Unique (2)

Kuat Drive Yards said:
Length: 18,000 meters Width: 10,000 meters Height: 3,000 meters
From the Starship Template:
GuYRzre.png

This is the maximum production and meterage that can be produced and manufactured by Company Tier Level, Minor or Major Factions.

Basically, semi-unique production maxes out at 10 km for civilian space stations. I think that we have two basic options going forward for this sub:

1) Reduce the largest dimension to 10 km
2) Make production "Unique"

Gir Quee said:
I don't happen to see this image at the listed page. Can you provide us with a more direct link?

The image is part of his Rogue One set/album, but it seems he doesn't upload partials, only full sets. I found the image from a Reddit post. I could link that, instead of the actual author, if that works? His watermark is on the image. I did some work to find the artist.
Rogue One set, "coming soon"

His other works have the same watermark and handwriting

Gir Quee said:
Basically, semi-unique production maxes out at 10 km for civilian space stations. I think that we have two basic options going forward for this sub:

1) Reduce the largest dimension to 10 km
2) Make production "Unique"
Ah, now I remember why I originally had it as Unique! I've edited to Unique.

Kuat Drive Yards said:
The image is part of his Rogue One set/album, but it seems he doesn't upload partials, only full sets. I found the image from a Reddit post. I could link that, instead of the actual author, if that works? His watermark is on the image. I did some work to find the artist. Rogue One set, "coming soon" His other works have the same watermark and handwriting
Linking to the Reddit post is fine, and you can mention that it's his work after the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom