Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Praxeum Pragmatism (Open to Friendly Light Adepts, SJC Jedi)

Wearing: Hoodlums Leathers

Armed with: De Lifte Crystal (Curved Hilt)

Yurb.

Arrived in: The Blessing of Loste

Laertia Io, The Black Knight of Nar Shaddaa stepped off the ship that had been her home for over two decades.

Syd was rallying others elsewhere, but Laertia had chosen the desert world of Yurb, due to having been one of the few worlds to have thrown the Bryn'adul back from, albeit at a terrible cost. There would always be terrible costs to defeating the Bryn'adul, financial and cultural devastation no one government could shoulder on their own, not with the aggressiveness and sheer carnage the Bryn'adul inflicted.

The Jedi helping the world rebuild no doubt knew she was coming...that recording of her and Syd Celsius Syd Celsius at The Concord Senate had told every Jedi in Silver Space where she and Syd stood.

Already she had been accused of bowing to the Sith, others raged at what the Sith put them through.

To these Laertia could only point out the obvious: Of what good would pursuing their war against the Sith be if the Bryn'adul destroyed everything they needed to wage that war successfully. Men like Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and Ryv Ryv , The Sword of The Jedi, would pursue that struggle even if it weakened them on too many fronts. The Sith were on the backfoot...

It was as 'Ursula' told her once...to sacrifice your footing for a tempting target without taking into consideration the environment around you was inviting disaster. They had lost Nar Kreeta, for feth's sake! She had seen great Jedi, Jedi much closer to the Light than she knew she would ever truly be--

...and they had been crushed. Slapped aside. She didn't remember how many she killed during the full retreat, just that they kept coming, kept fighting ferociously as she did, even to the last. Good people. The best training. Veterans of dozens of seperate conflicts. Cruelly reduced to pulp. She felt their despair, their deaths in the Force...and she couldn't ignore that! How many trillions in economic damage had they suffered from Nar Kreeta's loss alone? The prices for keeping her ship fueled, for getting basic supplies were slowly, but steadily rising, some worlds already discussing harsh economic measures to survive the looming crisis. What was Coren Starchaser's solution to that? The refugees overwhelming civil authorities as border worlds became the new front. How long would he refuse to see the truth the Non Force Users saw? A common street bookie on Nar Shaddaa could see what he couldn't!

Laertia had extended an open invite to Jedi to train with her in the Lightsaber. She was very skilled at it herself. She was trying to save billions of people from Genocide, so she had to be.

She had chosen a spot just outside the capital, right at the edge of where there was much Jedi activity, and began her address to the gathering crowd in front of her starship.

"Many of you no doubt know who I am at this point. Many think I want to throw the Jedi to the Sith. That isn't true..." she said. "I simply want the Jedi to temporarily put aside their history with the Sith to fight an even worse threat. A threat that nearly destroyed this world, and proved the death of Nar Kreeta. I want to help the Jedi survive that threat...because we have already proven we can survive The Sith. Now we must prove we can survive the Bryn'adul. I want to show you something that could help save your life."

"You have nothing useful to show us, traitor. You know nothing of the true way of the Jedi. You willfully ignore the threat of the Sith because of your bloodlust." A Jedi called out from the crowd.

"The Sith have been responsible for so many tragedies in my life that I will never fully recover from all I have been put through at the hands of Dark Side followers. I know what the Sith are capable of. I made it my job to know what the Sith are capable of for almost twenty years of my life as a Jedi Shadow. I am familiar with every cruelty, every hideous act of torture in their repertoire. I, like many of the ground survivors that don't often get mentioned in all those inspiring docuvids with more camera and audience friendly Jedi as a focus, know all of this because I experienced much of it first hand. Do not presume to tell me I ignore what the Sith are. I do not, But I also refuse to ignore that they are not the worst threat we currently have to deal with, unlike 'you'." She replied cuttingly before resuming her address to the crowd.

"As a show of good will, I wish to demonstrate the benefits of the "Strong Style" of Luke Skywalker's Jedi Praxeum...

Her black bladed, green aura weapon snaked out of the hilt, instantly drawing curiosity in some and instinctive disquiet in others, despite the fact each could feel a strange Light Side signature coming from its crystal at the center of the curved black hilt.

"If you want to learn to fight strong Lightsaber opponents quickly, there really isn't a better style to learn on the fly the way you can with a Praxeum style...and whether you want to fight Sith or Bryn'adul...a minor extra bit of saber knowledge never hurts..."

Cyprian Ichar

Last edited:

Cyprian Ichar

C
PdgjX3xl.jpg

Continued from An Open Conversation

The Balarac Leader's first excursion to the Core from Wild Space had been met with mixed results. His requests for aid from the Concord federal government had seemingly fallen on deaf ears, though his emergence into the public had garnered some attention from other sympathetic parties nonetheless. In the end, he didn't leave the Core empty-handed, now flush with new resources with more promised to come. It wasn't everything he needed for his fledgling army, but it was a start.

Some of said new resources were diverted to the northern frontier of Hutt Space, to aid in a mass evacuation underway. Worlds like Klatooine and Yurb were under threat now, following a successful Bryn'adûl incursion into regions of Hutt Space under Concord control. The Lord Commander was personally present on the latter, interviewing the locals upon their successful repulsion of the first Bryn invasion and collecting specimens left over from the battle.

Now they may not be so fortunate.

He had come for intelligence, but stayed for the Lervon themselves. Quite a fascinating bunch, their amorphic silicate structure unlike anything he had observed before. Though their homes may be lost, the soon-to-be expatriots would make for a powerful ally nonetheless.

That's how his closing days went at the Yurbian capital, directing humanitarian operations as he conducted his research. However, he studies were interrupted a subordinate informed him of a recent confrontation between different factions of Silver Jedi. More of their intrareligious squabbles. Being neither Sith nor Jedi, but a very concerned citizen in the metaphorical neighborhood bordering Bryn space, he had little patience for it.

However, one name caught his ears, a Leartia Io. He recalled her from the recent congressional hearing, the Jedi arguing in favor of an alliance between the Sith Empire and the Concord. Respectfully, he had disagreed with her position, but he still appreciated her openness and pragmatism. Those were the very qualities needed to get through this unprecedented crisis.

"Vintalion, find Ms Io. Tell her I would like an audience with her, if she would be happy to break from her current engagements."

The villa would see use for one last action before the Balarac withdrew for good.

Laertia Io Laertia Io

Last edited by a moderator:
Laertia had been busily guiding others in the strong style (Those who had chosen to stay anyway) and after about two hours she called an hour break before she would resume.

She had been about to meditate atop her ship, felt the distant pull of warmth from Syd's spirit. Their bond was growing more intense as the crisis escalated, as the wounds in the Force that the Bryn'adul inflicted intensified.

An enemy that killed to conquer and dominate others would always be less dangerous than one that killed just to be the only ones left.

The Jedi that had fought the Vong had understood this. Why didn't the Jedi of this era understand?

Every observable fact said the Bryn'adul were the bigger threat. No one who was Bryn'adul would let a non Bryn'adul live.

Some of the fools in the order thought it was possible to convince them to stop with words. The Bryn'adul didn't listen to Non Bryn'adul.

Meaning they wouldn't listen until it was too late.

Laertia knew they would have to be mostly slaughtered. Broken physicallly and psychologically. Make them remember the lesson an entire Galaxy united would teach them:

You may be stronger than many of us, but you are not stronger than ALL of us.

The Bryn'adul could never be allowed to forget this lesson. They would have to be broken down so hard, that their descendants would dread the idea of war for the next ten generations.

Laertia had never had to rip and tear so much, upon so many before.

As she got in the kneeling position a man named Vintilion called out to her saying that Cyprian Ichar requested an audience.

She remembered the name. Though they disagreed, he seemed more open to reason than most. Laertia had agreed to meet with him, following the one he had sent to the Villa where he awaited.

Experienced fighter. Survivor. That much she could tell of him. She had dressed for the Senate, but had arrived in her spiky biker leathers, not desiring to stand on ceremony when there was no need.

The curved, obsidian Lightsaber dangled from her belt as she at last stood before Cyprian.

She winced as a migraine started. The black and green crystal in her lightsaber deadened most of the pain, but the rest was still enough to give her a mild headache.

"Greetings, Cyprian of The Belarac. My name is Io. Laertia Io.

(Clip of Bond Theme Plays)

One of the subordinates working at the Villa, who'd concealed a mental instability for years darted about in confusion looking for the source of the OOC music that no one else heard for a few seconds before shaking his head in confusion and resuming his duties.

"I'm told you wished an audience. I am not unsympathetic to your position, just so you know. I know how desperately you need resources. I hope you get what you are looking for. I believe however that we need as united a front as possible against a foe that savage." she said calmly and respectfully to him, blinking rapidly from the headache that slightly worsened as the migraine intensified.

Last edited:

Cyprian Ichar

C
As he had hoped, the Jedi had appeared to hear him out. A rather bewildered subordinate would direct her to the rear courtyard while distracted by another episode. (Another adjunct would eventually have to relieve this poor fellow.)

Inside, the courtyard, Cyprian was there in waiting at the far end of a stone bench, rising in respect when she entered.

"Likewise, Miss Io. I saw you speaking at the Concord's hearing on Commenor, though I'm afraid I missed you then. How fortunate for our paths to cross again."

Following her initial greeting, she reaffirmed her position on allying with Darksiders, from moderate Confederates to the more heinous Sith-Imperials. However, she was cordial with her words, proving that people could have different opinions without being at each other's throats. Not progress came from being so combative.

"Oh, you mistake my position. In the end, I will, begrudgingly, accept assistance even from sources considered 'foul' by your dogmatic counterparts. My issue is that the Concord was much too hasty in proposing such a controversial alliance without first exhausting all other options. For a supposedly democratic institution, there doesn't seem to be much transparency or coordination between the federal government and the constituent members of the Concord."

Cyprian returned to his seat on the bench, and motioned Laertia to follow. She looked like she was due for a sit herself.

"I don't think the Concord needs the Sith Empire, so much that it needs the Sith Empire to stop invading as it confronts the Bryn. That was a major factor in Concord's recent defeat at Nar Kreeta, a split in focus and resources. The GA, NIO, and Mandalorians are all chomping at the bit to obliterate the Sith. I say, let them, while the Concord is afforded the breathing space it needs to act against the true existential threat."

In a perfect world, that's exactly what would be happening right now, but Cyprian had no time to deal in wishes and fairy tales. He had to accept the grim reality that Wild Space and the Northern Outer Rim simply wasn't a priority for the Inners. The petty fights between varying factions of Jedi and their patron neoliberal governments masked the real tensions between the Core and the Outer Rim. Just like with the Mandalorian Crusaders, and the original Sith Empire, and the Vong, the Frontier would be left to suffer the horrors of the Bryn mostly alone until the Inners finally felt seriously threatened on their own turf. All the while, continuing the transfer of wealth to the Core ad infinitum.

It was a predictable cycle, but one the Wild Space native intended to break.

"I think we could go back and forth about what 'should' be done, but I don't think that's going to get us anywhere. I'd rather like to talk about what can be done right now. I didn't get everything I needed from the Core, but I received enough assistance to get the ball rolling. My cohorts and I've been building up a network that can stand up to the Bryn and other threats in Wild Space, until such a time that the Great Powers finally get serious about the ongoing xenocides and migration/trafficking crisis."

"The Balarac honestly don't expect to snuff out the fires, but we're confident that can slow the burn through resistance. Would you and other like-minded Jedi be willing to lend us your strength? If the people of Wild Space see you Jedi with us, then more will become inspired to rise and fight for our homes."

Laertia Io Laertia Io

Last edited by a moderator:
Laertia took the seat Cyprian Ichar offered. She did so as he explained his position.

"Other options before joining hands with those I would cut down would have been nice, I agree. Perhaps every option 'should' have been explored. That way, when all or nearly all of them failed or were on the verge of it, this vile union would be more palatable. Desperation can make many things palatable. The Jedi are no exception to this, much as many of those in my order would pretend otherwise. The Mandalorians are forgetting their own history. The GA is too closely allied to the NIO and the NIO is likely to stab them in the back the way they know the Sith will likely do. Of course, if we wanted to resort to other options against such a foe, its more than likely we will have to consider resorting to theater-wide bio-toxic warfare. Their numbers need to be killed faster than can be replaced. But that option comes with its own severe drawbacks. We may have to fortify certain worlds to the point you would lose more than you would gain taking it. But you are right, we need to focus on what we can do now."

Laertia listened to his request.

"I, Syd Celsius Syd Celsius , or any of those I call friend and ally would gladly lend you their hand when possible. I know those who specialize in medicine and advanced technology, such as HRD's and Heavy Weaponry, along with access to deniable assets such as Assassins and Spies. As for other Jedi, I cannot speak for them but if they follow me, there is a good chance they can be persuaded to lend you their aid." Laertia explained in a calm and dispassionate manner, putting her cards on the table, as there was no point in concealing her irregularities to someone who might be of immense aid in the fight to save the Galaxy.

Stopping the horror she had experienced at Nar Kreeta was all that mattered. If anything, what Cyprian said proved her point...fighting two at once only killed both at the end...

Cyprian Ichar

C
Cyprian decided he liked the Jedi, as she went about explaining her thought process. She was quite grounded in the grim reality of their situation. Despite their differences, they could certainly work together.

It was an interesting thing that she mentioned the use of biowarfare, as Cyprian, an alchemist himself, had been looking into the very same area as a force multiplier for his comparatively small army to the Bryn. Such efforts could backfire, though, as she acknowledged.

"Yes, that bridge has been cross now though. My only hope is that the Great Powers may finally put their ideologies and grudges aside just long enough to address the Bryn, then they can return to their regular scheduling."

On that subject, there was nothing more he could do but standby and allow the Great Powers to go through their fits and wait for the dust to settle. He wondered if the Bryn were doing the same, as they had become quiet save for the occasional gloating of their recent triumphs. Seeing how best to exploit the weaknesses of their distracted foes, or just relax and let the enemy end themselves through mutually assured destruction.

He nodded in appreciation when Laertia offered her assistance. The Balarac would definitely need it moving forward.

"Thank you, but don't expect to wait long for a call," he chuckled, his laugh taking a slightly metallic ring as it filtered through his helmet. "In fact, I have something to ask of you right now. My associate stated you had begun offering combat courses during an earlier gathering. I'm curious to see how you Jedi fight and maybe obtain a better grasp of your ways in the process."

The Balarac took the same stance as the Echani, that there was no better way to know a person than through action.

Laertia Io Laertia Io

"You wish me to show you something. A friendly duel, perhaps?" Laertia offered.

"I can show you but in the interest of honesty, many Jedi would take issue with...'my' way..."

(Cutaway of Laertia in Black and White fighting a Sith Assassin in a Restroom and getting tackled to the ground)

"The Way of the Jedi is 'supposed' to be about peace. But if you want peace, prepare for war. I was...really good at the whole 'war' part it turned out...never quite fit in with the rest of them because of it..."

(Cutaway of Laertia in Black and White painfully smashing The Sith Assassin's face into a mirror and breaking one of his arms during the bathroom brawl.)

Laertia fidgeted.

"I have always tried to take the view that my actions, while brutal, while cruel even at times, saved innocent lives. Thousands, at the cost of a few hundred dead at a time. Now I am forced to put that metric to the test on a Galactic Scale..."

(Cutaway of Laertia in Black and White drowning the Sith Assassin in a bathroom sink until he stops moving.)

"But when it boils right down to it, Cyprian, I am willing to sacrifice my attachments to the Order to do the right thing. I feel more for my Sisters and my Mother than I do for the Code, which, though I have done my best to keep it in mind...I haven't always done so."

(Cutaway of Laertia in Black and White walking away from half drowned Sith Assassin in Bathroom.)

(Sith Assassin gains conciousness and pulls Gun on Laertia.)

(Laertia wheels around and shoots Assassin with Sawed Off Shotgun)

(Gun Barrel POV fills with Blood)

(Opening notes of "You Know My Name" by Chris Cornell Plays for a few seconds)

Laertia nodded. "If you seek to know the ways of the Jedi, I confess I am likely not the best of guides. If you seek to understand me through combat, that I will be able to better display. How much do you know of the combat of Force Adepts?" Laertia asked Cyprian Ichar .

Cyprian Ichar

C
"I have always tried to take the view that my actions, while brutal, while cruel even at times, saved innocent lives. Thousands, at the cost of a few hundred dead at a time. Now I am forced to put that metric to the test on a Galactic Scale..."

Cyprian simply nodded at these words, finding himself in this situation nearly every day. Every choice as Lord Commander resulted in death one way or the other. Who to kill. Who to save. Who to sacrifice.

Now, nothing was off the table when it came to the survival of the entire galaxy.

"Everyone has their limits. When push comes to shove, even the most high-minded are forced to compromise on their ideals or face destruction. It's no accident the most of your opposition to your stance are also the least invested. They hope the Bryn will just burn out like the Primeval did. That could very well happen - but I won't abandon Wild Space to those demons to find out."

The Balarac was hardly qualified in determining what made a "good" Jedi, but his respect for her as an individual grew nonetheless.

"Perhaps it is best that we shed titles. They can be confining." he rose from the table, motioning her to follow him to an open section of the courtyard. "Show me what you will."

Laertia Io Laertia Io

Laertia simply nodded and followed him to the Courtyard.

She liked this Cyprian. His head wasn't in the clouds. He didn't have the thousands of years of bad blood between Jedi and Sith to think about.

The Sith had only ever been an enemy to kill. Just like all the ones that tried to kill her when she was living on Nar Shaddaa. Laertia knew why the Sith were evil and needed to be stopped, but in this case, the danger the Bryn'adul posed was far greater than any Sith Empire. At least the Sith tried to leave a planet or two alive, if only to control it. They were bullies, and she despised bullies. But for the first time, her need to save worlds from the threat of extermination overrode everything, even her history with the Sith.

Even her loyalty to the Jedi.

Laertia took her black, faceted curved hilt out, the ebon blade surrounded by a dark green aura slid into place.

She went into a Form 2 salute to Cyprian Ichar . Other bystanders noticed the black blade of The Black Knight. They had likely never seen a black Lightsaber blade before.

As it was Cyprian's home turf, Laertia allowed him the honor of first attack. She saw the signs of battle and was admittedly quite curious as to the Belarac Leader's capability. Anybody bold enough to fight Draelvasir had to be deadly, especially if they survived the experience.

Laertia had killed to survive on Nar Shaddaa regularly as a child. From the first to fall to her knife, every enemy afterward brought something to the table for her to adapt to. Decades of death, with her as the ferryman to the afterlife.

Laertia knew and secretly mourned what she was. It was all she knew. Death, and the few bright moments of hope afterward to ease the pain of killing, even her enemies.

She kept all this from her stoic expression. No need for Cyprian to see it...

"When you are ready..." she said politely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom