Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Praelium Mihi-class Battlecruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
unknown.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Central A.I.: The Praelium Mihi-class battlecruisers are made work in tandem with CST's Central A.I. system. The A.I.'s allow the ships to operate on lower crew numbers, while the ships still have their full crew ability. While it may come from past experience of having to leave their homes, the extra space the A.I. can provide allow from more flexibility. The main draw backs are the limits of what the A.I.s can handle, and that they are independent, and thinking. More like a sentient being then a computer.
  • Advance Damage Control Center: The DCC of the Prarlium Mihi-class has been fitted with advance damage control systems for tracking damaged systems and managing repathing of power, coordinating DC teams, and quickly shutting bulkheads when needed.
  • Stygium Cloaking Device: Added more to hide their existence outside of battle than as a full combat cloaking package, thanks to their sheer size truly hiding in their cloak is difficult when their existence is known on the battlefield.
STRENGTHS
  • Heavy firepower.
  • Strong defenses, even to ion weapons.
  • Extensive flak coverage.
  • Central A.I. limits crew needs.
  • Cloaking device.
WEAKNESSES
  • Slow and lumbering.
  • Hyper particle cannons can only fire forward.
  • Hangers have fairly limited opening sizes.
  • Central A.I. is independent, and can disobey orders it doesn't agree with.
  • While these ships can cloak, weapons can not be used while cloaked, and they are massive enough that hiding is still difficult.
DESCRIPTION
The Praelium Mihi-class battlecruiser is a secretive project developed by Concord Specialized Technologies meant to be the largest production vessel to day. With only a handful planned to be operational, great care was taken in keeping the details of these large warships a secret from most, including equipping a cloaking device that, while not useful in battle, would leave the warships whereabouts hidden. Taking the general hull form of the Skira-class, and heavy defensive design of the Concordia-class, the Praelium Mihi-class features a beefy, heavily defended hull, with reforced durasteel for it's frame, and reinforced Duraplast hull plating. Along with this the vessel has an extensive armament, primarily from a variety of particle cannons. She also as a massive amount of flak fire that can be delivered across large swaths of space around it.

Shielding wise she has heavy shielding, including ionic shields, and a Central A.I. to help limit potentially extensive crew needs. Her damage control systems are also advanced, allowing for better tracking of issues. While the vessels are impressive, they have more flaws than their cloaking devices being limited in use. They're slow and lumbering, and their heaviest weapons can only be fired forward. Along with this the side hanger have a relatively small opening at the front and back, which slows launch and recovery of strike craft. The Central A.I. could also be scene as a weakness thanks to their own innate independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom