Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Power in Knowledge

Darth Malcharion

D
Darth Malcharion moved quietly through the halls of the Black Citadel, his black and red robe stirring with each footstep down the dimly lit corridors. Servants were quick to leave the pathway of the Grand Lord, and Malcharion enjoyed the solitude the fleeing men and women gave him. Coming to an intersection in corridors, a movement to his left drew his attention. Coming to a halt, Malcharion glanced through the opening to his left, eyes briefly travelling over the Legion of Blood guard at the entrance. Within, dozens of shelves were stacked upon one another, rising high into the air with walkways connecting various sections to one another.

It was one of the libraries within the Black Citadel. One of seven currently, though an eight was planned for construction before too much longer. Expedition teams sent out into the galaxy continued to return with new tomes on the Dark Side, and the Sith in general with each passing week. The Outer Rim was proving to be a very valuable backwater for the Emrick Dynasty. What had caught his attention, however, was the person within the library. Vastar Emrick Vastar Emrick was in the library, studying the newest tomes being brought in. Among the Dynasty, Vastar, as Malcharion remembered, had a deeper inclination for the ancient knowledges than even himself. A scholar among warriors, he had been at odds with others in the past, but his dedication to the Dynasty was without question.

Deciding on a whim, Malcharion stepped into the library.

Vastar ran his tongue along the inside of his cheek in thought as he went over the knowledge of the tombs. There were a number of abilities he'd heard about that could provide him with powers that could completely change how problems could be solved, but whenever one took to ancient sith knowledge, there was risks. Sometimes there were traps. He hadn't yet had too many issues, while study was exceedingly important to him, his lack of intuition to learning new skills in the force also meant that he already expected to need to learn nearly everything available about it before he could truly get it moving. It was why in spite of his power and dedication his range of useful skills was so limited. Thankfully, these libraries had plenty to learn from. It would take time, but there was so much to glean from the history of the Sith.

However his study was interrupted when he felt a presence enter the room. He looked over and rose as he saw Darth Malcharion giving a bow, "Grand Lord." he said before rising again. As far as he was aware, there was no need for him to be concerned. He'd not failed at any tasks presently, so far as he could think of. He doubted anyone cared strongly enough about him to scheme against him either.

Still, rational minds didn't mean rational emotions. And any time there was something even slightly of concern he was willing to latch onto that fear and keep it, linger on it. It was too useful of an emotion to be left to the side in his belief. Whatever Vastar might be capable of, he was not a Grand Lord. He wasn't even a lord. And a healthy amount of caution could save ones life, and ones future plans. Even around family

Darth Malcharion

D
Malcharion inclined his head shallowly to Vastar Emrick Vastar Emrick as he spoke in greeting. Not enough to show deference, but a simple acknowledgment of greeting. In the Emrick Dynasty, body language told as much as words, if not more. Individuals were watched carefully by their friends and rivals alike for the smallest sign of a lie or truth in their actions. Taking a spot across from Vastar, Malcharion extended his hand and a book flew into it. Glancing at the cover, he looked through the first few pages before he finally spoke up.

"You seem to always be studying, Vastar. Even more than or sorcerers and philosophers, you delve into the pages of more books than exist on Coruscant itself." Turning, Malcharion locked eyes with his family member, the glowing yellow eyes unwavering as he lowered the book back to the table. "I have always wondered if there was something you saw that the rest of us missed."

Vastar relaxed slightly as Darth Malcharion moved across from him, and seemed to have something specific to say. He'd still be careful, how he moved and spoke, always the possibility there was something more. But he shouldn't have reason to be any more concerned than at any other time.

He kept eye contact when it was made, and took a breath, strongly thinking on the statement that Malcharion gave. He almost felt delighted that his study was recognized, but even in that there was concern. His response would be measured but truthful at least, Vastar looked at the book for a moment in thought again, "I wouldn't go that far. We all know the force can be made to tip any scale." He said, "You may already know I'm not an intuitive user. I can make up for that with work, but I can exceed the intuition some may have in learning, with knowledge. For every flaw you could find in an ancient sith or offshoot, there's a ritual, skill, or fragment, that granted them a real advantage. The broadest powers, mind, matter, and energy."

Vastar smiled slightly thinking on all there was to learn, "But there's always more. Our own blood is an example, we keep it strong, and so every generation could be greater than the last even more than the Sith way itself pushes. But it's not quite within those categories. It's more than just manipulating matter. It's as much a trait, as it is a method. I'm always on the lookout for anything that I can learn that could tip a scale. But at risk of killing myself or family in the process, I have to know as much as I can about it before even attempting it. Philosophers seek to understand, I can't do that. Sorcerers seek a range of abilities and rituals, I don't learn fast enough for that. But if I study and work, then I can master abilities and work on them. And perhaps that will last after my body dies." It wasn't exactly excitement in his voice, perhaps some. If slight. It was dedication, the only ability he'd ever lay claim to.

"Assuming nothing befalls us, we both may have many years left. You are already important in your position and thus will determine the future. Mine is not, I will make knowledge through dedication my place, assuming I last long enough to do so."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom