Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Port Call Geonosis (Crime Thread/Fun/Open)

Geonosis Spaceport
Goal: Pick up Passengers, Sell the Imperial Data, Drop off the spice, Receive the payment.
OOC: Open to anyone.

Drake moved another box onto the trolley down the ramp and grunted. The whole line so far was filled with row upon rows of old battered craft. Pockmarked, scorched, some missing panels. Their little Marauder was parked on the end of the pad, and flanked by two big boxy Shuttles.

In orbit, Talor was with the Rozilyn, their five hundred meter construction Salvage ship. If it could be called that. Otherwise they were here. He glanced at Danni, his brown haired companion with a red and black spacers jacket and trousers slumped over her.

"This is the last of em."

"That makes six loads moved. Boxes are all stacked, now we're just waiting on Jorax."

Jorax was a Geonosian that dealt both with the CIS government and the seedier elements. A low born bug that had little morals, nor recompense about flooding the streets of Geonosis with Ryll. Super illegal stuff that was.

"Thats six kilos, works out to five hundred thousand in Aurodium Ingots."

"The unmarked kind right?"

"I'll take this whole shipment back out of system if they're not."

There was something else Drake had, that he had offered to sell to the highest bidder. So far Jornax had a few Captains and crime lord interested, but who he would bring was anybodies guess. Drake slumped down on the stack of crates and removed his black gloves. Danni faced him, leaning idly on the side of the ship.

A scent of bug pheromones like spoiled meat wafted through the air.

"I put out an add for passengers too. Straight shot to Sullust or Kathol. Either one. I hear Port Dameron is real nice. Rinky dink outlaw station, full of opportunities to pick up something nice."

"I was planning on getting a legitimate load this time. Get the Ingots, sell the stuff, get the passengers and leave."

He knew why she wanted back to Sullust. She had family roots there, and he imagines she hadn't seen her mother of sister in some time.

"Folks ok?"

"Not sure, ain't really talked to them in the last month. Not since we boarded that destroyer, though I think they wonder if I'm telling the truth when I say I'm not on the spice any more."

Drake frowned then sighed.

"They'll come along."

Down the row Jorax and some other passengers were arriving. His walking stick tapped a beat against the asphalt of the pad, and his wings clicked. Behind him, Four Guavian Deathgang members, with a box clanging against their legs followed.

And a few drifters, here and there.

Danni spotted them first, standing upright, brushing back her hair and opening hr jacket a bit to reveal her huge .44 Revolver.

"They're here."

Kiyron

K
Kiyron wove through the space-port, monitoring the displays on his helmet. It was crowded, to say the least. Not the best place for a deal such as this, but it would work well enough. Or so he hoped, anyways. Word had gotten out about Imperial data for sale to the highest bidder. That, he could use. Or rather, his employers could use. He, of course, personally had no use for such things. Naturally.

He smiled beneath his helmet as the display settled his target. Two of them, in fact, one of them with a sizable revolver. Not a bad choice for a gun. He wasn't too worried about it though. He had an ace up his sleeve. A wildcard, rather. Credits, and of something far more valuable than credits. But that would be something to reveal later, depending on how negotiations turned out.

"I'm about your offer," Kiyron said, body loose and relaxed. "Have the credits you need. Better offer than my competitors. Guaranteed."

[member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Kiyron"]

Another came forwards, prompting Drake upright. Both thumbs tucked into his belt. Danni wore her weapons openly, since she was the crazier of the two. Drake like to carry a big stick but walk soft. Especially in a port far from home.

He locked eyes with the newcomer, assessing him.

"Well it's safe to say you'll have a competitive bid on your hands then. Names Drake Jast by the way. What should I call you?"

Jorax arrived at the end of the line now, and moved both hands over the pommel of his walking stick, bug eyes flickering and wings fluttering like leaves on the breeze. The Guavian Deathgang seet down the crate and fanned out, hands racking the bolts of their heavy blaster rifles with a distinctive clicking sound.

Drakes stomach flipped over once or twice.

"Jorax."

"Mister Jast, a Pleasure to see you again. You have what I've come for?" A small translator box on his throat chimed.

"Yep."

"And the other item?"

Drake glanced to the guns, and then the armor. Then his brown orbs flickered up and down on each deathgang member. Duraplast armor, not hard to pierce with a blaster. Danni might have a little less luck with her revolver. Already he was constructing a bug out plan.

"We have a second bidder." Danni said, stepping up with a courteous bow.

"Hmmmmm." Jorax clicked.

He turned to face Kiyron.

"What do you want for it?"

A guy was launched from an hangar, landing on the floor. Two humans and one mynersh walked out with metal bars, two of them with blasters hanging in the belt "You come here trying to collect a bet? Are you stupid" said one of them with a smirk on her face. Remy stood up "Its just two thousand credits..." The conversation he had in that hangar wasnt that long. The idiots threat him in an instant and look in what position they put him

Their boss played planetary poker with a hand full of rich guys and it was Remy first serious game, although he wasnt even playing to win a lot of money. It was more of a practice game, testing his abilities, as he was a pro in. Lost three hands, won two, lose one more but at the end he was growing on credits. It was all looks, the strategy and daring your opponent to play or forgeit. And Remy was getting better. After a few minutes, he was ready to leave, after gaining his former investment and two thousand credits. He hated this planet and again, he would win another ticket outside... But the geonosian order his guards to take Remy away "He is cheating!" "I won fairly and you know it!" but the two mynersh guards throw him without a doubt, outside of the club and point him with blaster for him to not come back.

And so Remy did. At least he still had 46 cards in his box after the game... He knew the name of the geonosian. Something like Jorax, and that he did certain jobs in one of the several spaceport.

In the present time, thats where he was. With 40 cards in his pocket "Stop leaving this things behind. Do you have a gambling problem?" said one of the human grabbing one of the missing Remy´s cards. If Remy remember correcty, four cards where left in the credits when he was thrown from the club, four in hangar and the last two stick to the mynersh leather jacket when he grab him close. The paint bomb on the cards were strong enough to pierce into an organic chest. Four of them would shatter even metal.

[member='Kiyron'] [member='Drake Jast']

A huge armored being slipped into the spaceport, unsure of how he was going to handle things but not caring much either. He needed to find out whether the rumor of Imperial info being sold here was true. If so, he needed to acquire it. And if he didn’t, everyone involved would have to die. He didn’t want to waste his time.

Though an assault would, of course, put him at risk, Jerdu didn’t think of that. He had long ago developed a delusion of immortality, believing he was invincible as long as he used the Force. While a major threat because of his odd abilities and obsession with lightsabers, he had already been severely injured by a recent skirmish into Alliance territory, and so it was with a slow and unsteady shuffle that he moved in towards the trade.

A Geonosian, apparently accompanied by a bit of an entourage, was talking to two smugglers next to cases of what was probably illegal substances. This was not of Jerdu's concern. He was here as his friendly, tradesman self, not a Sith. That came later, when everyone made bad decisions. Walking forward, he interrupted by clearing his throat. “Excuse me... I am a bidder as well.”

[member="Drake Jast"]
[member="Kiyron"]
[member="Remy Santos"]

Kiyron

K
[member="Drake Jast"] [member="Remy Santos"] [member="The Omnirealm Sixtus"]

Kiyron tilted his head to observe the Geonosian and guards. Blasters and duraplast armor. Criminal standard. Not too difficult to handle it. Didn’t look like their guns would pierce his armor. They’d sting, by he’d survive. His helmet’s targeting system was running, selecting each member of the gang hat surrounded him. His guns, either heavy blasters or sonic blasters would take them out easily enough.

As the Geonosian spoke to him, Kiyron turned so his t-visor met the bug’s gaze, but no sign of his face showed through. Others were approaching, he could see them on his scanners. He frowned and marked them on the target last as well.

“More than you can afford,” he answered, voice flattened by the modulator in his helmet. “Best take your goods and go. Compliments of the Mand’alor.”

He let that word hang in the air as another bidder approached. This was looking like it was going to turn into quite a party. He stepped closer to Jast and spoke softly.

“I have influential friends. I saw those warrants from the Alliance. I can get them closed, and you out of this alive. Plus all the credits you want.” He had noticed his moves away from the crowd towards he ship.

Katrine had been sitting on a couple of higher levels for a bit now, drawing a rancor into the sheet, which was practice for the actual page entry in her small spellbook, partly paying attention to what was happening around her but trying to get the eyes of her favorite rancor auntie down. Nona would be upset if she got it wrong, that is if she ever did see her drawing so Kat had to make sure it was done right. Except, people were talking below her and things, heavy things, were getting moved and frankly, it was distracting enough for her to look down from where she sat, paying a little more attention to the platform below.

Someone was bowing to someone, they were talking. Then some more folks joined and there was more talking. There was mention of afford and influential friends, perking up even more when the person said something about there being warrants from the Alliance.

It was at that point that Katrine stood, leaving the unfinished drawing beside her as she jumped off the platform, using the Force to soften to fall. She still landed into the level in a crouch, her palms pressed at the floor before she stood up and looked over at the busy gathering, moving around a few of them to get a better work at the the one getting most attention, who was here before the rest of them had started crowding up. "Yeah, I have a question. Well, I might have a few, actually," the petite blond warned before she actually began. "First question. What are these warrants someone...," her head turned as she paused for a split second, looking for someone who looked all geared up, finding that person and pointing to him. "...yeah, I think that guy mentioned them. Anyway, what are these warrants you have from the Alliance?"

That was one. "And what is it that you're doing on Confederacy territory? Like, did someone allow this? You seem pretty busy and these folks all look like they're wooing you or something." That was two. Surprisingly enough, she found herself not having a third but she figured a third would come when she got answers to the first two, or at least it should have.

[member="Drake Jast"] [member="Kiyron"] [member="Remy Santos"] [member="The Omnirealm Sixtus"]

It was true Kurenai dealt with the criminal underworld a lot during her days, for a good deal of time being at the wrong end of the law, well what most people would consider the wrong end of the lay, but for the most part those remained in the outer rim, neutral worlds where committing questionable act was not frowned upon, and needless to say she had no problem doing such things again. Though that did no mean she was just going to stand idly by when others where doing it, especially at the heart of a galactic government, more so when her superiors got wind of a odd deal going down as well as her old contacts giving her a heads up, and to no ones surprise is seemed the rumors on information about the Galactic Empire on sale where true.

From a concealed ledge Kurenai observed the meeting, sure she could have apprehended the smuggler right as he started undulating goods, knowing full well from experience that those unmarked containers where full of illegal good, but it would also be beneficial to try and detain those trying to buy said information, take some more unwanted people away from the streets of Geonosis. 'These guys are not even trying to be inconspicuous, that new guy too anyone that heavily armored would draw a crowd even if mister smuggler didn't trip the suspicious alarm'.

For now it seemed all the players where present possibly the best time to strike, though the veteran commando was slightly surprised when[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] decided to literally drop in on the party, it was not everyday that nobility stood up to take down criminals. 'Well, its now or never I guess', following the spell weavers example Kurenai leapt from her spot aiming to land behind the group, keeping an eye on the armored man and the other smaller mercenary looking fellow, if a fight was going to break out their was a more then high possibility that they would be the ones to start it.

Upon landing Kurenai drew her side arm and knife, keeping it lowered but ready to be used at a moments notice, "I am not sure what your people where thinking with the meeting, someone was going to find out".

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] l [member="Kiyron"] l [member="The Omnirealm Sixtus"] l [member="Drake Jast"]

Jerdu looked around at the newcomers. Though one was a simple Alliance member who he knew wouldn’t recognize him, there was an unusual sense about the two females... the Force was writhing where the blonde one stood, but he sensed nothing, no life, no truth, from the one in armor. She was likely a greater threat; Jerdu was already itching to put his hands to the lightsabers at his sides and become Darth Amortarus— but he stilled himself. He needed to figure out if this info was worth his time. If not, he could leave and wouldn’t need to repair his armor. Again.

“Someone finding out?” Jerdu acted mildly surprised, using his Force abilities to manipulate their senses. If they probed him, they would see an innocent, if a bit crazy, old trader. “I don’t know what’s in the crates and don’t care to. I’m simply here to see if the other goods are worth buying.” He nodded in a friendly manner to the smuggler. “I don’t know why you are all worked up. It’s simply a misunderstanding, I’m sure.” His mind trick might not work on them, but he had no doubt they didn’t know what he had in store if they planned to cause a problem.

[member="Drake Jast"]
[member="Kiyron"]
[member="Remy Santos"]
[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]
[member="Kurenai Yumi"]

The ship was quiet as the grave as it docked with the Geonosian hangar. The vessel had blaster marks all over it, chunks of metal were torn from its hull, and the inside was even worse. As the dock hands entered the craft they found more signs of a fight, but yet not a single sign of life. Blaster marks were etched up and down the walls, the ventilation ducts appeared to be tampered with and the flight console had been irreparably damaged. As if whoever had done it did not want anyone to find out where they were from…

To top it all off, there were no bodies, no blood. It was as if the inhabitants had simply disappeared. The Geonosian dock hands exchanged frightened looks and left the ghost ship as soon as they could. Whatever had happened to that crew they were certain they did not want it to happen to them. But as they opened the airlock to leave something exited the ship with them. Five Chiss to be more exact. All of whom were invisible to the naked eye and most scanners.

The cloaked individuals moved in a column as they entered the spaceport, their boots making not a sound as they reverberated across the metal floors. They climbed a flight of stairs until they reached the top floor. Their was a balcony lounge that ran the length of the space station's upper floor overlooking the inside of the spaceport. They’d set up there. The agents withdrew Verpine Shatter Rifles from their shoulders and set up in various locations around the lounge, completely surrounding their target with firing vectors.

These snipers needn't a spotter, for their extensive cybernetics calculated the variables for them. The multiple firing angles ensured that if even one were to miss at least four others would hit. Once all were set Desmond gave the order through his built in cybernetic comms.

Fire

The Verpine Shatter rifles were utterly silent as they fired right at Drake. Some argued the Verpine Rifles rounds traveled so quickly that not even a lightsaber could stop them. But, that remained to be seen, as Desmond and Inferno One were already racing towards the door.

(Ooc: Am mobile so will post links here
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/115662-inferno-one/
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Verpine_shatter_gun)

[member="Darth Amortarus"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Kiyron"] [member="The Omnirealm Sixtus"] [member="Remy Santos"] [member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Desmond C'artyom"] [member="Darth Amortarus"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Kiyron"] [member="The Omnirealm Sixtus"] [member="Remy Santos"]

There was a lot of bidders. Drake felt his jaw tighten at the intrusion of the mercenary lady, talking about how they'd be found out. what exactly did she mean by that?

"We're a legitimate Salvaging Operation selling goods on the free market lady. I don't know what you think this is."

Jorax clicked his wings and spoke, the Geonosians little voice box translating.

"I am Jorax the Greater, I serve the King of the Geonosis hives. You are both CIS operatives yes? It would be unfortunate if the Geonosian people had to.... turn against you."

Drake was about to adress Kiyron, when he felt a little whiff and then lancing pain like lava. The rounds whipped past the crowd they'd gathered and tore through his shoulder. He roared as crimson blood spattered in globs across the side of his ship. His good hand reached instinctively for his boot blaster, an old Westar-35.

Danni grabbed him by the collar and dragged him back, eyes wide with rage and adrenaline. Her own Revolver snapped up as she dragged up the ramp, muscles straining. Jorax's guard stepped between their employer, the Guavians returning fire in the direction of the perceived shots.

This was gonna be a bust.

"We gotta go Drake!" Danni roared.

But the Warrants!

"Just get me in cover, start the ship!"

He still held the leverage in the situation. the black box of data wasn't particularly far from reach, but he wasn't dumb enough to bring it with him to the surface on the Marauder Corvette.

Two vibrant lightsabers, one white and one poisonous green, thrummed to life as Jerdu scanned the area, unsure of the cause of the man's injuries. He sensed life forms... cloaked, but discernable. Cursing himself for not focusing on his surroundings, Jerdu knew he needed to be...

“Darth Amortarus.” He spoke as if of someone else, then WAS that someone else. He whipped around, his Force senses probing the area, and sensed the culprits racing for an exit. Furious, he made a crushing motion, and the wall crumpled, destroying the door and any exit strategy it may have provided. One by one, in less than a second, each potential exit was sealed shut. Hatches, closets, and windows ceased to exist under masses of metal.

“They’re still here,” he muttered. “Nobody makes a move against me or anyone I need. Blood will be spilt.” He then directed his attention towards the other Force users. “With me or against me?” he grunted. They still hopefully didn’t know he was a Dark Side user. Even so, perhaps they would Side with him, if only temporarily.

For someone who relished in chaos and conflict, Daxton had developed a talent using his knowledge of Shatterpoint to locate and participate in fortitutous events. For the unenlightened, the Sith Lord appeared where he was least expected, usually heralding a great disaster about to take place.

Truth be told he had been searching for [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] when he came across this little francas. People scattered as soon as the shots rang out, some falling down, bleeding from over a dozen wounds. So crude, without finesse or even style, much to the annoyance of the Sith called Daxton Bane.

With a simple gesture of his hand, the ground rumbled as a large earthen wall erupted around him and his fellow CIS members, providing them with temporary cover. If any were injured or bleeding, he would attend to them first. “Are you hurt?” He asked as he scanned the room using Force Sight and Shatterpoint to determine the source of the attacks.

Kiyron

K
Kiyron dropped to one knee as the shots slammed into Jast. The target had been dragged away into the hull of the ship. Unfortunate, but necessary, as things exploded around him. Lightsabers ignited. Earthen walls shot up around them. Too many Force users. The massive armored man made threats.

Sith. Probably rogue, although perhaps an agent of some foreign power. Three CIS operatives. Useful, but dodgy. He was a licensed bounty hunter, which would help, assuming they all managed to make it out alive. Even in his experience, that was unexpected. However, the Sith was his biggesr concern.

Perhaps the Mand’alor would pay a bounty on him, to make an example of their new crusade against the Sith. Probably against Jedi as well, but he was willing to use them as long as they suited his purpose. Eventually, they would cross a line, and he would stand against them. But not yet. He pulled the two sonic pistols from their holsters and activated the jet pack. It skidded him uowards along the boarding ramp, towards Drake.

“Leave!” He yelled. “Get out of here!”

The information was the objective. Not a massive brawl. One could win a fight and still lose the war. He’d learned that the hard way.

[member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Drake Jast"] [member="Darth Amortarus"] [member="Desmond C'artyom"]

Kurenai gave the Geonosis an odd look, what king, the planet had its hive queen and all, but the ruler was General Aut-X a super tactical droid and Darth Metus, not some bug, so whatever threat he had were voided. Being a shadow meant that people often forgot the rank she held in the CIS, making engagements and meetings with certain people rather annoying when they spoke down to her. This only seemed to increase by the large armoured guy went off about him being a simple merchant, did he honestly expect her to believe a single word when he was decked out in heavy armour, probably prepared to kill anyone in his way at a moment’s notice.

Before she could act those, the force alerted her to danger as bullets whizzed by, though herself being protected as the floor ripped up due to a powerful force pull, she recognized this signature, it was [member="Daxton Bane"], one of the most powerful Sith Lord in the Confederacy, this would make things interesting. As things kicked off weapons and sabre where draw, the heavily armoured fellow revealing himself to be a Sith of some sort, powerful too as he sent out some sort or telekinesis ability but whatever the case he was not her target, no [member="Drake Jast"] was.

As the man was dragged to the ship Kurenai gave chase, noting the Mando following in step, both seemed intent on getting that information, and if intuition was anything to go by she had a sneaking suspicion that their attacker was from the Galactic Empire, why else you they try to kill Drake. Kurenai rolled to the side before coming into view of the ramp before running up it, vibrio knife and pistol draw, there was no need to shoe her force sensitivity just yet, just managing to catch the Mando yelling at the pilot to leave, 'oh no you don't'.

[member="Darth Amortarus"] l [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Her attention was momentarily taken when a familiar face joined the crowd, speaking to the many guests as well. Kat smiled and gave a small wave at the other girl after she'd talked about someone finding out. "And someone did find out," she added to the other female's words, looking around again. Another someone spoke, making her turn to look at him. This one had power though Katrine'd sense usually didn't go beyond that. He claimed he didn't what was in the crates and didn't care but he was here to find what was worth buying. "If it's a misunderstanding, we can get it sorted out asap," the blond answered him with ease. It could have been but then she didn't know.

Next up came the guy who seemed to be here before the rest of them, calling this a legitimate salvaging operation selling goods on the market. And then he called her a lady. "First of all, I'm not a lady yet," Kat pointed out an important fact. It was true, she was an heir to a lordship but as long as Father was alive, she was not a lady and she didn't need that sort of formality in her life. "Second of all, salvaging mission? Where are you salvaging? One would hope you're not salvaging on Geonosis of all places...," her words were cut short though when a Geonosian stepped up, speaking through a voice box. Jorax the Greater who served the King of Geonosis hives, he'd introduced himself. Katrine nodded to his question, yes, they were both CIS operates. Her head titled when she heard the polite threat in words. It would apparently be unfortunate if the Geonosian people had to turn against them. Kat didn't like threats. She liked treats but she absolutely did not like threats. "It would also be unfortunate if this king of yours had to be de-crowned for attempting an uprising on the Confederacy capital so you can be quiet."Her voice had started out normal and sweet as it usually was but as she kept talking, it grew sharper and more serious, her last word sounding off a small growl which was usually kept out of her humanoid speech, her head straightening out. The wolf inside her didn't appreciate hostility, not one single bit. "We'll talk to you in a second. Right now, we just want to see some papers from this guy." Her index finger pointed to [member="Drake Jast"] since he was clearly the captain of his own ship.

A familiar presence had joined them, Katrine had realized but didn't get to see who it was when multiple blaster bolts began to fire across the area. Before she could even react, [member="Daxton Bane"] was at their side, a large wall rising in front of them, serving as protection from the attack. "Poodoo!" Katrine swore, staying behind the cover briefly. The other Force User called out, announcing himself as Dath Amartarus before issuing her a threat. Katrine really wished she'd packed her slugthrower with acid, not for it to protect her but because all those threats were ticking her off massively. Was she hurt, Daxton have asked, making her shake her head. "I'm fine," Kat declared. Someone yelled again and Kat jumped to her feet. Kurenai was already on her way.

"I wanna stop the so-called salvager, he's got warrants. But the attackers on the capital are a priority," she told Daxton before stepping out, taking a look into the confusion of the place. Everyone seemed to be going somewhere, she still couldn't see additional faces other than the ones she had already seen, forcing her to pause and concentrate. Within her memories she could find from where the blaster bolts had come though the images in her head showed them coming out of thin air which she knew was downright impossible. "Invicible?" She muttered to herself before she looked around. "Kurenai!" Kat called out. "Do you have your communications device? We gotta make sure nobody leaves!" She was thinking instead of charging, that was a good thing, right? Invisible things were shooting outright at the spaceport of the CIS capital. They had to close off the spaceport, which was a little tricky here.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"] , [member="Darth Amortarus"]

Absolutely bursting with rage at the very concept that someone would dare to oppose him, Darth Amortarus Force Dashed to Drake Jast's vessel, tearing through the side of the ship like paper with his twin sabers and climbing through the large hole he had made. Not only was this thing going nowhere, but he also was not going to leave without that info. He saw multiple other individuals approaching the ship very quickly; he hadn’t beaten them here by much. Better make it count. He focused his anger at the annoying people getting in his way and threw one of his sabers, aiming to have it hit the empty woman and then curve around to destroy the bounty hunter's jetpack. With any luck, he thought as the boarding ramp crumpled shut, these fools won’t notice my entry point if they survive.

His lightsaber returned to his hand, zooming around to enter through the open gap in the ship he had cut to get in. He had no time to check whether it had hit anything; it itself seemed undamaged, however. He turned to look at Drake and his companion. “Where is the information?” He commanded, his mind invading theirs like a thick fog. “You will tell me where it is.”

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]
[member="Kurenai Yumi"]
[member="Kiyron"]
[member="Daxton Bane"]
[member="Drake Jast"]
[member="Desmond C'artyom"]
[member="Remy Santos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom