Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polotics, Always Polotics

Veil

Who needs legs when you have brains.
The one major downside to being a mysterious slicer vigilante who tries to do good in the world: not everyone likes you for doing it. Some because you're ruining their business, others because you're doing their job. Some because you're working in secret or because you're stealing their hard earned money they just stole from someone else not two weeks ago. Still with all of that heat some those who investigate into you, and try to track you down. Veil was trying everything she could to get set people off her tail. Both criminals and law enforcement were after her, or at least the cyber alias of "Veil"; an unknown slicer guardian to the poorer people of Courascant. As much as they appreciated it, and some even speaking up for her, that didn't stop the law from wanting to bring her in and the scum wanting to take her out. What she needed was something to help clean away her messy slate. Something to at least take enough edge off of her before someone got far too close. What she needed was a politician with some baggage they'd want to see erased. That was what she was up to now, trying to see who was in office who could use a favor as bad as she did.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Yusan was having another fun day, and by that he was sitting out in the Imperial Garden while he sat there and watched the traffic flow by and pass on. It had been months since his last time as Void and now he lived a quiet life as a politician... or what he thought would have been quiet. Things were meeting after meeting but things were such to be expected, but he did have free time still and he spent it whenever he could in the park or at the Jedi Temple. @[member="Veil"]

Veil

Bingo. The surveillance helped to fins none other than the Vice Chancellor himself. And low and behold did he have some things that any politician would want gone from their record. From her base Veil smirked at being able to use him while also helping if he wanted it. She needed to talk fast or at least get his attention. Hacking into his datapad she sent a message saying [Need help. So do you. Find me by nearby at theater.] After that it was a matter of waiting and watching until he came to one of the self-playing trailers outside of the theater itself.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Yusan glanced down at the datapad and raised a brow as the unknown message came up and his interest was peaked, causing him to stash the datapad in the Jedi like dark robes that he wore. He stood and looked down the path as he walked slowly with his saber kept hi the small of his back his eyes running over the scenery while he walked fully expecting some kind of mugger or assassin. He was certainly paranoid by why would be not be paranoid about a random message on his personal datapad.

Twenty minutes later he found himself standing outside said theater with his hand resting on the saber held within his robes. @[member="Veil"]

Veil

When he was close a face appeared on one of the self-playing trailers just outside. She'd waited until he was alone before making herself known to him. The face was as unclear as the voice, being augmented enough not to tell if the person speaking was man or woman. But once it was clear it said {Good morning, Mr. Vice Chancellor Feen. I don't think we've ever met in person, but they call me Veil. Nice to meet you.}

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"A pleasure, as i assume you are either watching me by camera or are nearby, what is it that you wish of my attention if i might ask you, i am curious as to why you choose me of all senators and politicians and what it is that you need help with yourself." He crossed his hands behind him and made sure his hood was up, to anyone else it would look like he was merely watching a preview and no one else would be any wiser that he was speaking to it. @[member="Veil"]

Veil

{Let's just say I've seen the slate you're carrying senator and you'd want to get it clean before that kind of info is leaked to someone who'll make a pretty bad use for it.} The look from the face indicated they were serious on doing so. {But let's talk business. I have a lot of people who want to find me. A majority of them happen to be the authorities on Courascant. I'm sure you've got the right kind of backing to make them look the other way, if you can.}

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"Im sure that that is possible, but it would take a meeting, ive done as you are doing now in my past and used the same kind of trick. Trust me, youve seen my record im sure, blowing up an entire sector on Nar Shadaa while there, being Void who raided Republic shipments, attacking and heavily wounding an ally at Ossus, yada yada yada. I want to make sure that who you are is not something ill regret making a deal with, i dont care where the meeting is but i want one." He wasnt stupid, he pulled the same games and ruined alot of people that way, most of them deserved it but hey, who doesnt like a little anarchy... Yusan frowned, he really should talk to a therapist one of these days. @[member="Veil"]

Veil

It was clear that this was going to be a tough one to handle for Veil. He was so instant on meeting and yet one thing Veil didn't like was seeing someone in public. {Mr. Fenn, you know why I've not been caught yet? It's because one thing I don't do is go around showing myself in public. Last thing I want is someone spotting me and finding out who the mysterious Veil is. But I understand where you're coming from, just try to see from my point of view. I can't exactly make you trust me anymore than I trust you right now. So it seems we either stick to this stalemate or we just nut up and do what we can.}

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"Who said it had to be public, what criminal ever chooses a public meeting place my friend." He smiled, it was Veil's choice for a meeting place, he would let the voice choice the place, time, restrictions, what ever it is that made her feel safer for a meeting, but he wanted to know who it was he was dealing with. He had worked in the shadows before and he knew how powerful a name or a face could be in the right persons hands. "And im sure you know where im coming from, some random, faceless, and nameless person hacks into my datapad and approaches me out of the blue. Come now, it you know how crazy that sounds and i cant say i havent done it myself. Only the stupid get caught, which is why im still walking and why you havent been found." @[member="Veil"]

Veil

Well it seemed this one was more intent on meeting her than most others. And she didn't think this whole speaking to a senator thing would work on any others. She bit her lip before finally speaking through the interface. {Tomorrow morning. At the Grisdellian Hospice. There's a nice little visitors garden and the only people around are patients. 10:00. If you're late then this entire thing is over.} With that the face disappeared and, from her own little base, Veil sighed as she couldn't believe what she was going to have to do for this guy.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Yusan blinked, he was surprised by two facts that now presented themselves, A: this Veil had actually agreed on his term of a meeting which was absolutely surprising that such a thing happened, and the second of the two things was that she had chosen a hospice for the meeting place. "Interesting person this Veil, interesting one indeed." He walked on back to the Senate building, looks like he had to clear up his day tomorrow and then get lost...

The Next day, 0959 GST

Yusan sat silently in the visitors area with his hood pulled tight and his eyes focused on a datapad in his lap, he was reviewing a new design that he would never have made but it kept him busy in situations like this, waiting for people... sitting through senate meetings, the works. His eyes did leave it every once in a while, to glance around for any hint of the one that had chosen this place for a meeting and he made sure every precaution had been taken to not be spotted coming here. Even if such precautions involved old contacts that paid his way in and his face off the cameras that lined the visitor area. @[member="Veil"]

Veil

Among those who were patients at the hospice were a number of disability cases. Some with lost limbs in battle or others in the case of the mind. All were being tended to by doctors and nurse regardless. The perfect place to blend in for Veil. As the time passed other patients passed by, some waving to @[member="Yusan Fenn"], thinking he was a patient himself or something like that. Eventually someone, a girl, came riding up to him in a wheelchair. She had a jacket with the sleeves rolled up, pants, and a hat over her red hair that had the ponytail sticking out from behind it. Looking up she sported her glasses and winked at him, letting him know she was Veil. What would surprise the vice chancellor was that she was only 18.

Yusan's eyes found her and for a moment he was confused, making sure the look was on purpose. He powered down the datapad and crossed his hands over his lap, inclining his head but keeping the hood in place over his head, it was a hundred credits every minute that his face was caught on camera. He made a slight wave with his hand, motioning for her over without moving from his seat after storing the datapad in his cloak. @[member="Veil"]

Veil

She rolled her way over to him and said "What do you think? A pretty good disguise, right? To make people think I'm actually a redhead." She gave him a look that showed she was joking before saying "Look, even in situations like these you've got to kid around now-and-then. So what you got for me your Vice Chancellorness?"

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"Well, i must say that imsurprised that you are the person that i spoke with earlier, i honestly didnt expect you to be human with how well you evaded coruscants authorities for so long." Yusan made a bow with his head and looked at the woman for a few seconds, he wondered for half a second if the wheelchair was some cleaver disguise but dismissed the thought, noting that it would make a good amount of sense as to why she was never caught. @[member="Veil"]

Veil

"Oh what? Like Bothans have a final say in slicing and infiltration." She commented when said about her being human. When he bowed she just gave half a salute before saying "Alright, enough of the formalities. Had enough of that crap in high school. So what's on the datapad you want sweat under the rug?"

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"Huh, oh theres only files on this of my personal projects and blueprints on this old thing, no i need you to simply remove me from video that details my involvement in a certain bombing that claimed many lives and injured more during the Invasion of Nar Shadaa, that little incident was a mistake and i caused fare more damage than i was prepared to do and now that ive looked back on it i realize it was wrong to even commit such an act on paper." He shuggled, he didnt like talking about this as it brings forth the memories of hundreds wouldn't as a section of the city falls down upon them. @[member="Veil"]

Veil

"Oh, is that all?" she said, leaning foward. "Shouldn't be too much of a problem. Only one thing though: How do you expect me to clear footage from Nar Shadda, from all the way here on Courascant? I may be a slicer genius, but I'm not a god. Not as much as I say to myself." She commented to herself on that last part.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"I already have Narshadaa covered and am sure that that will be done with efficency, i just need the republic's records of the video and the damage to point away from me, as you just said Trivial things. But im interested, what is it you need from me then if you have come to such lengths to sate my curiosity, just the Authorities turned away from you? Trust me, im pretty sure no one has any ideas who it is that you are, i made sure to read what files i could get to in the past day before coming here." @[member="Veil"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom