Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Politics of The Force Awakens

StarWarsTheForceAwakens_Politics.jpg
Picture is massive so I stuck it in a spoiler.​
This is for anyone who is still confused about the factions mentioned in TFA.​

Except the Empire was forced into predetermined borders and made to cease hostilities with the New Republic along with horrific reparation payments, and eventually that decaying post-Endor government ceased to exist and the diehards buggered off into the Unknown Regions where they and their children now make up the bulk of the First Order.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

[member="Draco Vereen"] Snoke is a name for a norwegian fisherman. Oh well.

[member="Darth Vornskr"] I thought the First Order is a military junta? I mean, they are not "mysterious"... pretty much out in the open, with Starkiller base, Destroyers floating about and an army of brainwashed troppers who finally learned how to shoot.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] GA is more like ISIS, yes. :D

The First Order is a military dictatorship that spreads power in the form of a junta, basically like a council with Snoke presumably at the tippity top. And they were hiding out in the vastly unexplored Unknown Regions for years while the New Republic never considered them an actual threat and instead worried more about intergalactic trade and their own politics.

And then they got their capital, their entire senate, and a good percentage of their navy obliterated :p

[member="Tionne Thanewulf"]

[member="Tionne Thanewulf"]

Sorry but it's kinda a lame name Compared to Sidious, Vader, Palpatine, Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, and now Snoke. Snorkle if you will.

And yes, Not a fan to the NR being useless and glossed over, but I hope to see the Slayer of Stars in the Ep8. BRING ME WEDGE ANTILLES!!!

[member="Darth Vornskr"] I knooooowww! I contributed on indiegogo! ;)

Speaking of politics, I kind of understand why episode I-III had to have so much CGI, everything was so glossy and shiny and plastic... The high galactic culture, akin to Roaring twenties, thousands of serving Jedi, some semblance of democracy... The Empire brought a new kind of aesthetic, with strong symbolism. I kind of hate the prequels less after seeing TFA.

Darth Vornskr said:
Except the Empire was forced into predetermined borders and made to cease hostilities with the New Republic along with horrific reparation payments, and eventually that decaying post-Endor government ceased to exist and the diehards buggered off into the Unknown Regions where they and their children now make up the bulk of the First Order.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]
Details, details...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom