Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Politics in Polis (SO Dominion of Polis Massa)

Empyrean was quiet, but the first of the requests sent a chill in the air. It was like electricty in the bone, deep and pervasive discomfort - the only sign of its source was the slight tensing of of Empyrean's single shoulder. Slowly his gaze fell back on Gerwald as he turned over his shoulder to face him.​
"You are bold and stupid to ask me to keep a secret from my only grounding in this world.", he said with a cold contempt.​
The Dark Lord turned back before the window - and Gerwald would feel the Force tug him forward to look out its transparisteel view port alongside Empyrean. He nodded to a distant construction he would not have been able to see from his traversal in. It was a great shipyard shrouded in a massive cloaking field that only this very window could see beyond - however it did so. Within a great beast of a vessel was being formed - larger than any standing dreadnaught the galaxy had yet to see.​
"This will not be the Confederacy. This is war and subterfuge - and with this ship I will bring Emperor's low.", he said coldly - but no longer with venom directed at the wolf.​
"When I march, you would march with me - and when our enemies threaten us, you will ensure cut them from gut to throat without hesitation. I do not doubt your ability to kill - but your ability to kill on my command must be proven."​
He turned to face Ger now, entirely. Corpse like as he was, eyes of pure runic metal made him a ghastly and inhuman sight - despite being shorter than the Wolf, he posed a far more terrifying figure. Those who surrender their humanity often did.​
"Be it my command, or Srina's, will you have issue with these things?"​

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
ger-template.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Kill, on command. Gerwald was used to a certain autonomy, one that he was not sure he was willing to give up. There was a prompting, a pull, or a command, to walk toward the transparasteel.

He was building something, many things perhaps. Was the Sith war machine finally being rebuilt? Gerwald knew war. It was what he had been made for. He had shared his secret with only one other, a she-wolf that aspired to lead the Lupo. The burden was hers to carry. It was no longer his.

There was a killer inside of him. The wolf could imagine the carnage they could cause and it was hungry for blood. The human was trepid, cautious. He had fought the Sith as well as those who claimed to be light sided warriors. Gerwald was used to neutrality, balance. It was in part what fueled him, but if he was honest the darkside was what fed him. There was something he wanted, and the Sith were the way to achieve it.

“Prazutis. I get to kill him.”

It should have been posed as a question, but Gerwald was not asking. Perhaps Empyrean had been correct and Gerwald was bold and stupid. It was a trait that he had grown into. Without Metus or Srina to tell him where to go and what to do, the wolf had grown accustomed to being assertive.

“I can tell you that I can kill on command, that I have done it before.”

His eyes looked to the Sith Lord.

“We both know that you are going to put that to the test.”

Empyrean turned back to study the massive ship being built - one of the sole reasons that Jutrand's industrial capacity had not fixed itself. In fact, he had spent thousands of hours influencing the planet into a constant state of riots and suppressions so that even the other triumvirates would not get a bearing on what he was doing - where his true scheme lay.​
Before him lay an answer to the Malsheem, a weapon to tilt this scale of ego in his favor. When it was complete, there would be little question on who's military would be above the others.​
"I will.", he said with that stalwart apathy.​
"Darth Prazutis means nothing to me - were it not for the snake, I would've already hung his head above my throne. Should the opportunity arise, you shall have first claim on his life blood.", Empyrean said, watching a great cross section get put in place and melded to the steel around it.​
"Should it not arise, I will put no barriers in your way to make good your claim - but if a peace is met and you have not claimed his head by then, then I will abandon your fight. Instead, I will create opportunities, but it will be your duty to fulfill on them."​
"Does this suffice?"​

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"You speak of dogs when you yourself act the hound of the Worms heir?"

The room came alive with movement. The Force, swirling around in it's chaos. Under the will of Darth Nito. Alina, though, she remained unmoving. The smile on her lips faded, Disappointment. The witty banter she so enjoyed, denied in favor of a lesson or a lecture. Carnifex had done the same. Always looking down, always thinking they loomed above. The Force screamed.

None of the objects ever reached her. Rather, they slammed into the ground around her, flew in their chaotic battering. Barely missing her in the process. She stayed still, as the eye of the storm. Her golden eyes never straying from the man looming before her.

"The twice failed Emperor, clambering to reclaim his thrown. The ancient and forgotten Worm, within a new vessel that did not submit but took control. The snake hiding in the shadows, trying to manipulate fate itself. They fight amongst themselves, but not with themselves. They keep us fighting against each other. Keep us as foes under their banners. Keep our attention on each other rather than look up. You'd rather look down on me, who chooses no allegiance, than look up and realize you're the very dog you think I am. You stand as if you hold sway, but you don't."

Where the Force had been screaming from her unnatural control over it, it fell silent. A void filled the room, her presence, her suppression.

"You long resigned to your fate as some would be god under the Worm." The red edge of her blade ignited as she sprang forward, cleaving down in a single strike. "All of you have forgotten what it means to look up!"

Darth Nito Darth Nito | Nan'eth'illa Nan'eth'illa

ger-template.png

Gerwald nodded. There was little choice in the matter. It would have to suffice. The being he had known as Maliphant was not giving him a choice in the same manner Gerwald had not given him the choice. If the Dark Lord could accept Gerwald’s claim on the blood of the Mountain, then Gerwald could accept the terms which his fulfillment of that would be offered. It seemed whether Gerwald had intended it or not, he had just made a deal with the devil, or at least a demon.

He cast his glance back to the weapon which was being built. It seemed he was aligning himself with those who intended to take the galaxy by storm. The wolf had been part of the greatest nation in recent history. He had been the leader of their force order. It had been built on the blood and sweat of soldiers like himself. He knew what Empyrean intended, and understood the work it would take. Nothing came over night, but the Sith were hard at work in the shadows.

“I will serve you because I serve Srina, though I do not wish to follow blindly. I would know whatever it is you wish to share.”

He was used to being apprised of the movements of those he followed. Gerwald had even helped to guide the hand of the Confederacy in war and politics as needed. The pup Maliphant had known was not the man standing before him now. Gerwald had matured, he had grown. Srina had even recognized he was stronger, more powerful, than the Lord Commander she had once known. Whatever it was Empyrean purposed to do, Gerwald would be a better asset than most could hope for.

“How do you intend to use me?”

"As a Sith uses a Sith.", nebulous as the answer was - was true.​
"I will entrust in you my authority and will. Like an axe, you will cut the supports from the timber of Darth Ophidia and Darth Carnifex. When I rule alone, and I trust your loyalty, then we will consider greater stations than that."​
He motioned with the force once more to a drawer at the desk - opening as Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner would look upon it. Inside was a metallic symbol of the Sith Eternal. It's mere presence imparted upon Gerwald the screams of a thousand in its formation - Jedi and Civilians alike, but as he would touch it, it would silence. The torture in its metallic depths fell into his own strength, like a blanket in a cold night.​
"A new empire is forming, and as the Warlords fall in line our duties will change from warmongering to control and expansion. What occurs then is your choice - so long as you have the merit to support it."​
He paused for a moment and frowned.​
"And I will not hide anything from Srina. I will, however, give you a month's time to tell her of what we've discussed - if she does not confirm with me she was told, I will tell her myself. There will be no secrets from those you claim loyalty to - and none from me."​

Scourge of the Stars
"Presumptuous.", he said as he raised his single blade to stop hers, holding it there as it seemed to lock together, then violently send vibrations through her hold into bones and ligaments. It was not that the Force was vibrating her, but the sword he held that passed it through the physical connection they had with eachother.​
"The strong control the weak - to think you stand on par with Gods is stupidity. If you think I do not embolden myself for the throne, that is stupidity. Who taught you that the Sith do not fight with their equals to better their superiors? Under what assumption do you think anyone has forgotten to strive for greater things?"​
The force echo'ed through his foot into the supports beneath them, and the floor buckled around Nito so that there was no longer even ground besides where his feet were placed. Like foil it crinkled into painful, impossible place to stand.​
"You who cannot see beyond your blade, you who cannot fathom deeper knowledge than the puddle you piss in. Do not think to assume beyond your station, speak on things you know nothing of. Until you lose that chip in your shoulder and learn what makes your enemies strong, nobody will listen to the drivel you spit into their cup."​
"Least of all me."​

Last edited:
ger-template.png

His answer was as vague as Gerwald expected. The Sith had their plans, and as such they would remain cloaked in some form of mystery. One thing was clear however, Gerwald would once again play the role of a weapon.

Empyrean’s Axe.

There was a ring to it, if Gerwald cared about such things. It was more important to him that he had secured his path to seeing the death of Darth Prazutis. Empyrean could wield him any way he wished if that became a reality. There would be a new empire, one that would not include the lords of outdated and antiquated Sith traditions. Perhaps Gerwald would find more than he bargained for among a new order, something which had been missing since the fall of the Confederacy.

A home.

“Wield me as you will then,” he stated, eyes locked on the symbol.

He could hear the voices, until he could not. It did not keep the wolf from sensing the power which emanated from the object. Whatever it was felt raw, unlike anything Gerwald had sensed before. Not even the Nocna Mora could boast such a magnificent radiance. It was a chore to force his gaze to return to the Dread Empyrean, yet the Lord Commander willed himself to do so.

The sigil of the Knights Obsidian was torn from his armor. A strong hand ripped the patchwork from its seams, pulling at the shoulder plate which bore the symbol of his former allegiance. The order was no more, and Gerwald did not need much prompting to move on from that piece of his past. He tossed it at the feet of the Dread God.

“As I said, I will tell her. My only intent with the request was that she hear it from my lips first. She will confirm it, of that you can be assured.”

It was his first task, one that was too simple to complete. Gerwald had been Srina’s beast to call upon for longer than Maliphant had been her lover. There were few who were more loyal servants of the Dread Queen, and fewer still that remained at her side. ​

Empyrean glanced to his feet at the symbol of the Knights Obsidian. The Order had never interested him, but he would be amiss to claim it did not hold many powerful members - Metus among them. Still, the gesture of throwing it at his feet was respectable - and respect was the first step in trust. Trust was the most valuable commodity a Sith had - and so he nodded, and prepared an offering back.​
"Good.", he said gently, letting the tones roll off his tongue more as a human than a God.​
"Soon we will be going to war for the Kathol Outback. Their governments have felt this pressure and reached out towards the Mandalorians for support - so we strike faster than they can coordinate. Break them early and the Mandalorians will have failed in their efforts to stop us - and when we are done there, we will be returning home with a fleet to bring the other Triumvirates to heel."​
He motioned to the ship outside.​
"This will be a symbol of our reign. I've used more of my resources than I care to admit to build it - and it will serve as a threat to the Malsheem, home of Darth Carnifex's base of power. If need be, it will be used to break it, and in turn give you a chance at the Lord of Flies."​
He glanced back to him.​
"However, should they surrender to my will without bloodshed, then we will need to ensure they can not gain enough power to overthrow me. If I am to build an Empire out of blood, I will not have it squandered on a snake an a failed tyrant. Work as you will, but your objective is clear - help build us an army and prepare our assets for the inevitable."​
"You are above simple commands and instructions. I will give you a goal, and you will achieve it. In that, I trust you with autonomy."​
"With all that said, you need to strike fear into our enemies, Gerwald. Do you have a Sith name to carry forward?"​

Inqusitorious_Div.png

She leapt back, away from the crumbling metal. Away from Ntio's vibrating blades. And simply disengaged her blade. At least the red edge of the steel blade, anyway. "And how else do you learn your foes strength then by fighting them? How do your test your own limits without facing those who deem themselves stronger? I have crossed blades with countless to see just who is a threat. There is no time someone is more honest then when the very thing that makes them special is ripped away."

Darth Nito Darth Nito

When Darth Nito seized all loose things with the Force, the hand could do little but hold on. While it was a small and light object, its strength was considerable, and so it managed to remain attached to one of the fixed installments. Its little servos whirred and locked to resist the pull of the Force. Meanwhile, the singular eye flitted back and forth to find a new path to its designation.

It couldn’t move while being pulled. Thus, it needed to be cut off from Nito. Fortunately, it had a body on the outside; the hand twisted and allowed the eye to identify one of the final blast shields separating the AI core from assault. Desperately, it zoomed in on the emergency lock panel so Nethil could find it more quickly.

«Locking yourself in? The fighting must be getting intense.»

Nethil set to work. She had to keep the droid and the AI at a distance, so she plugged a cable into a slot behind her ear and attached the other end to a port in the scomping port. Wiring herself more directly into the machine gave her more influence, but it was also a greater risk. Her body would be defenceless from attack, as her senses were deafened by the system. Furthermore, she could be trapped in the system. But when fighting two opponents, it is wise to have more than one weapon.

Her mind threw out duplicates to distract her pursuers as her scomper clicked furiously to close the blast shields around the core. She could feel herself tiring, but knew there was no other option. Suddenly, while the giants fought. Lights flashed red and heavy metal sheets dropped down to cover the AI core with a slam.

The hand let go of its post and dropped to the floor, finally cut off from the pull.

It crawled to the base of the AI core, then inside it. The red light suddenly shifted and stopped as the hand inserted itself into the AI’s hardware, like a chokehold. Nethil was inside it.

ger-template.png

The weight of expectation once again fell on Gerwald’s shoulders as a burden of duty. It was his lot and his fate. Whether it was by choice or by fate, it seemed that it was the only path to things he wished to achieve. There were worse places, other tyrants, which would use the wolf until he was worthless. Empyrean at least understood how to care for the weapon he wielded, provided it remained effective.

They were to break a government before reinforcements could arrive. Gerwald nodded. This was a task he knew all too well. Many governments toppled under the weight of the Knights Obsidian, and the wolf had been there to witness most of them. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he recognized the familiar itch for power and expansion. Metus had it. Srina had as well. Gerwald knew how to follow this kind of leader, and it gave him a sense of belonging that he had not experienced in some time.

There was only one question the Sith had for the wolf. Gerwald shook his head. He could not answer affirmatively.

“While I have used much of the dark side, and even studied Sith philosophies, it is a path I have never walked. Srina never demanded it. Naedira encouraged it.” He spoke of the woman as though she lived, though both of them knew she was not. “The name Gerwald Lechner is still known in this galaxy, and it will suffice until you deem it does not.”

He would earn the right to his Sith Moniker. For now Gerwald would be who had always been. The wolf, Srina’s beast to call upon. He was the Lord Commander, and there were still many who would tremble at the knowledge his weight had been added to the Sith number.​

"Consider yourself my Wraith.". he said bluntly.​
"I do not doubt your name carries a great weight - but in the Sith, mine carries far greater implications. Use strength to ensure all respect my domain and you will want for not Gerwald."​
He turned motioning for Gerwald to kneel - a traditional acceptance of vassalage within the Sith, and movement of respect. It would not be by force, Empyrean held no more danger than his mere presence offered. This was a question of how willing he was to abide by his new station. When he would, or wouldn't, Empyrean would motion for him to depart with the symbol of Empyrean's Will.​
Turning back to the constructing ship, his arm rested behind his back once more, and he watched his weapon come carefully together.​

Scourge of the Stars
Darth Nito did not follow her, allowing his blade to slowly fall before him - but his snarl did not depart. His eyes burned with the golden fury Sith were known for, and Alina was the sole subject of it. Perhaps she could not feel the Force as a Sith could - but she would feel the burning passion that pressed into her own eyes.​
"You yet live because charity. For your disrespect, any other would be killed - but Empyrean has long ordained you as one with 'potential'. You squander it in pissing matches and conflict without learning. He who has allowed you to live so long, and you disrespect his eternal will.", Nito said with a spit on the ground.​
"If you continue on this trend of crossing blades to judge strength, you will soon find one that does not abide by his good will. You test your life against the odds - and it will not always pay out. A Sith who can not see beyond their own blade will eventually fall to the sword in the back, Alina. Get that through yo-"​
Yet before he could finish, the AI Core slammed shut near him, forcing him to furrow his and tighten his grip on his blades. The annoyance of trying to impart knowledge on one of Empyrean's 'prospects' was growing tiresome - and this only added to the issue he now faced. He glanced back to her and said slowly -​
"Was this your doing?"​

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"Disrespect? Is this about the Darth thing?" Oh. Probably. Carnifex had long abandoned such a title, and her own master seemed uncaring of it. Hell, Alisteri didn't seem to care. Eternals certainly were a different breed. Not that she thought on it long. Her gaze turned towards the core, her expression thinning.

It wasn't Kainite. They weren't subtle, not like this.

"Tsis'kar. Unfortunate."

Darth Nito Darth Nito | Nan'eth'illa Nan'eth'illa

Nethil’s head snapped backwards as she connected to the AI itself, and her mouth gaped open in a silent scream. The information streamed through her head as the AI lashed back, but it was not enough to make Nethil retreat. Instead, her head snapped forward again in renewed focus.

They were fighting.

Data flashed in front of her eyes as she delved deep into the AI. The machine was strong, but it was not made to fight. Nethil, however, had fought her entire life. The machine attacked, and Nethil turned the attack back to bind the AI under her power.

Meanwhile, the station felt the effects of their struggle. Vents opened, doors closed. Some corridors were exposed to the grasp of the void, while others were locked tight.

Then, stillness.

Nethil gasped for breath, then smiled with confidence. It was hard fought, but for the time being, she had control.

Scourge of the Stars
"I don't know what you're talking about.", Nito said as his attention fell away from her to the AI core.​
He walked around it, paced for a second before blowing hot hair from his nose like a bull. Were this any simpler, he would simply smash the damn thing and let the Eternals rebuild it on their dime - it would be no concern to him so long as he contained this station. The real trouble would be getting the Engineers in here while the AI had control of the station.​
"Solve this, and the Eternals will make you lord of this place - sovereignty included. Until then, I'm going to hold this station hostage. They might have gotten the core, but I still have a star destroyer pointed at it.", he spit.​
"Speak to the Sepulchral as well. You need their guidance.", Nito said with disdain before moving to the exit.​

Inqusitorious_Div.png

"You're welcome to hold this place hostage, but it's not from me. I only cared that it didn't fall into Kainite hands."

Alina took a glance around, humming her approval. Tsis'kar. Eternals. It never mattered to her who'd end up controlling the facility. It's why she came alone. If she'd gotten the core, it'd be a different story. But, she didn't. Ah well.

"Darth Arcanix has always approved of me learning from where I can. I'll seek them out."

Nan'eth'illa Nan'eth'illa | Darth Nito Darth Nito

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom