Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion POKEMON: Arceus Legends

When I was first introduced to Pokemon the games, I started with Crystal. Easily top ten best in my book, then I moved to Sapphire, got a hold of Yellow and played Emerald. All great games.

I missed out on Diamond and Pearl, Black and White, and the remakes. Didn't really have the ability to play them, and honestly don't care about them.

Then I was able to get my hands on Y, felt good. I enjoyed it. Then I tried Moon, and I have to say Sun and Moon are easily the worse games in the franchise of core Pokemon games. The lack of gyms and the Tapu Coco this and Tapu Coco everything else was annoying. Type: Null? That's the Pokemon's name? Oof.

The Pokemon Company and Game Freak messed up trying to add so many new Pokemon, it's the reason why Sword and Shield feel so lacking. I get it, no one wants to animate and render over 900 individual bodies. No one. But I enjoyed Shield a lot, I played the heck out of it. Didn't play Let's Go because I have no real interest in remakes and remasters when it comes to Pokemon, it's normally just the same game with very minor changes. And they are minor, regardless of how awesome a Pikachu or Eevee following is to you, it's not a game changer or new to the franchise.

Now we have the new remakes for Pearl and Diamond, which are going BACK a step in 3D rendering for the Franchise, and it's not what I was hoping for. I wanted MORE for Shield and Sword. More DLCs, more Pokemon added. Ya know?

Then there's that...Legends game. It's Diamond and Pearl..but in the ancient past....ooooo....not really. Compared to the other games, visually, Legends is very matte and monotone. The graphics so how seem even worse than Shield/Sword, and it's just...not okay. Introducing some major game changers as this one does should not have been wasted on an Ancient Pokemon times...sure the concept of Pokemon Origins is a fun one, it was cool when the boy twisted the top of the pokeball in the movie, with Entei? Suicune? Celebi? I don't remember...

Either way, Legends seems to me like it's going to kill it because loyal fan base is huge, but I also feel like its gonna be a crap game....it looks like crap..I honestly can't place my finger on it.
.but the trailers just....scream it's not going to be all that. Lack luster maybe the term I'm looking for. I'd probably quickly buy the new remakes than before I buy this.

Thoughts? Penny for them? Am I being paranoid? Am I the only one with this feeling?

It is a different one, not a mystery dongeon spin off but perhaps a new direction for games between the mainline generations/remakes. It looks interesting enough for being in the past and riding the pokemon or using them for different means to get around looks a lot cooler. The battle in the trailer also looked very different which has me interested.

I think that we just don't know enough about Legends yet. It looks neat, but it probably wont be be the Breath of the Wild With Pokemon game some folks are hoping it'll be. I hope I'm wrong, and I'm really curious to see what the battle play is like beyond the snippet in the trailer.

Diamond and Pearl were some of my favorite games (just behind gen 3 for me). I'm not crazy about the overworld sprites in the remake but I am looking forward to playing through Sinnoh again. Hope they do something cool with the underground too!

Bring back Mystery Dungeon.

The new information and trailers for it.. the combat sounds fun... pokemon can target you now and Alphas sound like they could be cool to face. The old school capture method of smacking the pokemon with a heavy ball to knock it out does seem fun now and if you can put them into home it could be nice to see the old pokeballs....

and Growlithe looks like the best boy with his fire and rock typing.

Caedyn Arenais

C
I started out with Red and loved yellow but my all-time favourite has to have been Pokemon Crystal. I would love for them to remake that one. I have Let's Go Pikachu, Sword and Legends on my Switch. I have yet to start Arceaus Legends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom