Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Please Archive] Planet: Nellogant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
emanshiu-ice-planet.jpeg

The surface of the frozen hellscape of Nellogant.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a desolate frozen planet that is, besides the surface, unexplored and hiding several unexpected secrets (which will be put into separate spoilers) .
  • ​Image Credit: "Ice Planet" by Emmanuel Shiu
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: [ Provide links to any relevant development threads, characters, companies, locations, etc here. ]

GENERAL INFORMATION

Planet Name: Nellogant [Nell-Oh-Gahnt]

Demonym: Nelloganian [Nell-Oh-Gi-En]

Region: Outer Rim
System Name: Senterro (new system)

System Features: P-type Binary Star system (Primary Star: Tarruck , Secondary Star: Xeonlo)

Coordinates: [ Z,17] near the north edge of the hex

Major Imports: N/A

Major Exports: N/A

Unexploited Resources: [ Common, Uncommon, Moderate, Rare, Extremely Rare]

Gravity: [ Standard is Earth-like. Use terms such as "Twice Standard" to describe other types of gravity. ]

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

Climate: A balmy -196 to nippy -220 C on the surface.

Primary Terrain:
  • Surface: Tundra / Mountains (nitrogen ice)

Secondary Terrain:
  • Canyon Layer: cavernous cliffsides (nitrogen ice)
  • Hearth Layer: temperate forest
  • Crystal Layer: mountains (various crystals and mineral spires)

Atmosphere: Type III (98% Nitrogen, 2% Oxygen)

• Canyon Layer (Upper-mid layer): Type III(98% Nitrogen,2% Oxygen)
  • Hearth Layer (Mid layer): Type II (60% Nitrogen, 30% Oxygen, 8% Carbon Dioxide, 2% Trace gases)
  • Crystal Layer (Bottom-mid layer): Type III (90% Nitrogen, 2% Oxygen, 8% Carbon dioxide)

LOCATION INFORMATION

Capital City: Weyheyla (Hearth Layer)

Planetary Features: The surface is barren of permanent life.

Major Locations: N/A

Force Nexus (Optional): Yes (Crystal Layer)

Intent: To explain some of the unusual characteristics and traits of the native species of Nellogant.

Strength: Weak (planetary), Moderate (close proximity to the Crystal layer)

Effects: A feeling of uneasiness and paranoia as well as a difficulty in keeping positive emotions. As one moves closer (deeper) to the force nexus, these feelings will amplify gradually until the Force nexus is within several hundred meters at which point it will induce constant negative thoughts to seep into the main consciousness. Additionally, extremely close proximity to the Force Nexus gives all those who are force sensitive ghastly hallucinations of people they know, of past misdeeds of the cult, and so forth.

POPULATION

Native Species: [ Species that have always lived there. Links to uncommon species are appreciated, but not required. ]

Immigrated Species: N/A

Population: Insignificant

Demographics: The hidden city of Weyheyla is mono-cultural and racial. It is occupied by a near-human sentient species simply called Nellogians (custom species, will need to get that approved).

Primary Languages: Nellogani

Culture: They are a spiritual people who worship the planet as a whole and give thanks for the layer of the planet they live within. They place little to no emphasis on technological progression beyond devising tools that work well with their natural surroundings. Until now, no Nellogian alive has met an outsider. However, they appear to be receptive, albeit wary of the intentions and spiritual status of outsiders.

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY

Government: Tribal Tetrarchy

Affiliation: Nellogians

Wealth: There is no sense of wealth and poverty due to the nature of their circumstance. They do have valuable resources, but there isn't a currency system, and there are no space ports.

Stability: High, unless you're an outsider there is very little substantial conflict that one should expect. Outsiders, if any find the single hidden city, would be better off to avoid the Nellogians and their territory. Scholars and those who are seeking wisdom will often find favor with the natives, while soldiers, miners, and explorers will quickly incur the wrath of the native population unless it is for fair trade.

Freedom & Oppression: Average amounts of freedom, no substantial oppression originating from the government.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

Military: Primitive (spears, bows, swords, axes, etc.)

Technology: Primitive (think 12th century Europe)

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Within a mostly unexplored region of the Outer Rim lay a small star system guarded by a legion of dense asteroid belts and lit by a binary star; this system is named Senterro. Within Senterro are three planets: the nearest planet to the star is Behhemon, a hellish planet rich with vast oceans of semi-molten metals and continents of hardened minerals with unparalled melting points. The second, Xeonlo, an ocean planet covered in vegetation causing the entire surface to be a marsh teeming with life. The third and most distant planet, Nellogant, a frozen hellscape wasteland comprised of nitrogen ice spires and what were once lakes of nitrogen.

Stories of this trio of planets are scarce; the few that exist seem to be about Xeonlo or the vast riches that could be gained by somehow industrializing Behhemon. Nellogant was never a planet to brag about, everything laid bare on that forsaken world -- at least when the perpetual storm clouds revealed the surface. The only apparent value of Nellogant is the massive amount of nitrogen that could be harvested from both the atmosphere and the surface beneath. With nitrogen being one of the most abundant elements in the galaxy, Nellogant is considered to be more trouble than it is worth. Explorers are eternally dissuaded from Nellogant just as they are from Behhemon; the worlds are far too harsh for exploration and what value they could bring is readily apparent from space.

Rumors now have started to surface of a Mandalorian by the name of Valdus Bral who has been to Nellogant and told of deposits of useful, albeit common minerals such as: Durasteel, Iron, and the moderately rare ore of Tydirium. While these metals are hardly worth the effort of attempting to colonize or industrialize Nellogant, explorers may find Nellogant an extreme challenge -- one that would test their will and wits to their breaking point. As of now, no sentient life has been talked about -- besides from the aforementioned Mandalorian who tells of a beast of horrific hunting prowess. Big-game hunters from across the galaxy often hear of these tall tales and rarely are these beasts anything more than exaggerated cantina stories.

Unknown History:

Within the deepest layers of the planet Nellogant lay an old holdout of dark-side practitioners. After hundreds of years of dark-side acolytes training in the Force and carrying out dark-side rituals within this subterranean place of worship, a force nexus was unintentionally created at this site within the Crystal layer. The Force Nexus poisoned the life around it and forced those creatures that survived to adapt to the strong presence. While many lifeforms died outright or became corrupted, the Nellogant Dragons endure. At one point in time the Force Nexus effected the entire planet to a severe degree, but now the nexus' power has dwindled to a shadow of its former self. Those who explore deep into the planet will suffer the negative effects of the nexus, while those on top can feel an all encompassing dark-side taint, with those who are non-force sensitive finding it hard to become or remain in a positive state of mind.

Valdus Bral

I am opening this up for some constructive criticism and review.

Spoiler: I plan on adding in a minor force nexus later on as it is discovered. Can I update lore, information fields, etc. as I go? I would like to develop the planets in this system (mentioned in the history field) as a longterm side project.

Sorry for the ping, I figured this would save time and allow for some revisions before putting it up for official review. Any help and guidance you can give me is appreciated.

[member="Valdus Bral"]

Hey there!

Taking a quick peek inside I can see you put quite some effort into the submission already. Nice job there, I like that. There are two things thought that are important to keep in mind when using the Codex and specifically the Pre-Codex.

First of, you don't need to and shouldn't tag specific judges for feedback. If someone is available and has any commentaries, they will pop in themselves and take a look. You can add the Feedback Tag to your post to let folks know you are interested in that.

Secondly, the Codex doesn't allow spoilers in submissions, unless they are there to spoiler images. Text needs to be in the open.

That's all I can think of right now. If I have any more suggestions/thoughts, I will post again.

Valdus Bral

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

I copy and pasted the submission to the Planet Creation category yesterday, but I am unable to delete the post entirely so I deferred to how the Factory WIP category works. I did not want to add to clutter so I marked this one for Archiving. If I made a mistake I apologize and I won't do it again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom