Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Platos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Platos
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Kato'halla
  • Average Lifespan: 1,000 years
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: Bipedal beings bearing dual arms, capable of traditional speech and interaction. Eyes, nose, mouth, hair. All the fixins. They are at first glance human in all ways.

PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type one
  • Average Height of Adults: 1.829 meters
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Range from Caucasian all through brown
  • Hair color: Black, brown, red, blonde, grey, white
  • Distinctions: Females tend to be larger, all the while those of separate regions or planets can see variety. From a planet with more sun? They likely will be darker of tones, while the opposite can be said for those with less sun and like. As well as one ages, they will lose elasticity in their flesh as most species tend to, allowing wrinkles. With wrinkles also come other common calamities of age, greying and eventually white hair, eye loses and the like. Though they have several hundred years before any of that all begins.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Very Rare
Strengths:
  • Absorption: Created originally by Damien Daemon, powerful Alchemist that made the Kato'halain Vaathkree, they bear a simple comparison - they can absorb the essences of materials they touch. This is a trait amongst them all. If one wishes they can touch wood and absorb it's traits. They could take a large amount more damage, be stronger as their muscles would be more dense. Though it is a limited process that fades within moments. They effectively mimic whatever they touch, for a moment or two, allowing survival if attacked, or assistance if attempting combat (however extremely unlikely).
  • Peaceful: The species as a general aspect, do not appreciate combat or war.
Weaknesses:
  • Introvert: The species don't go out much, nor interact much with other species on average. It isn't that they are against any species in general, they just view all others as a potential for battle which they avoid.
  • Physical Stature: They as a species tend to be thin, and unimposing. Appearing the weaker type. They are not averagely equipped for battle of most types.
  • Force: It is said only one in every hundred thousand is able to use the Force. Considering their overall population, this means almost none can. Even the ones that are connected are unlikely to ever train far in it or use it, as there are no noteworthy Masters in the species that can train.
  • Peaceful: Though not the type to seek out battle by any means, these people frequently find themselves in danger. People look to use them as leverage, or simply attempt to wipe them out.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore. See human diet
  • Communication: Platosian, Basic
  • Technology level: Average
  • Religion/Beliefs: None
  • General behavior: They are a simple people. Hunters and gatherers, inventors of an average levels. Family is prominent for most. Just much like the average Human.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
After the Kato'halain Vaathkree were created, hidden from the Galaxy was another experiment that resulted in a population of the creatures. Damien Daemin, Fos Misao as he was called at the time, fused into a human species that allowed their main ability. Damien wanted a species that could protect themselves in any combat. Just like the Vaathkree, the Sith also chose a large group as his starter as well, around one million flat. From these he hoped to have constant observation, study, and the rest expected of a large study. It was split roughly directly down the middle, with women only being slightly more abundant than male.

His death led to them never becoming much more than a species of introverts. They were released onto a planet that allowed them to grow in large open locales, but didn't do much more than that. They advanced alongside other beings so they had much the average. Diets, language, technology, all amounting to the similar around them.

Being of an experiment, they were locked in an enclosed society, leading to their many tendencies. Most of all their preferences as a species come from this special circumstance. Without Damien there were none to expose them to others. Nor to encourage vast growth in any major category. Strictly their own intellectual need to survive has led to their own moderate achievements.

It's been only a few decades and their population has grown, they have thrived, lived peacefully without a governing body. No major wars, battles, or much else.

This is a people that don't want much interaction with any save their own, though are willing if it is a must. Avoid battle, and simply grow in their own happiness.

Last edited:
Matreya Matreya

Greetings! I'll be handing the review of your submission. There are the beginnings of something really interesting here. Mostly, you're good to go - Just a few suggestions.

• Description: Appears traditionally human
  • Skin color: See human skin tones
  • Hair color: See human hair tones
  • Distinctions: See human distinction for age, although oddly against mammalian likelihoods the female tend to be larger and more distinct

The top three sections could use a little bit more description. Or, some sort of representation instead of just "See Human" qualities. There's nothing to "See", no link, and nothing to look at.

"Distinctions" Doesn't really make much sense. You said above that the average lifespan is 1000 years but to see distinction for age?

• Breathes: Oxygen​

You may wish to specify whether they breathe Type I or Type II - Both have oxygen, only, Type II has added elements that can have detrimental effects with prolonged exposure.

Force: It is said one in every hundred thousand, a large percentage considering their population count, is able to use the Force. Almost none can, and even the ones that are connected are unlikely to ever train in it or use it, as there are no noteworthy Masters in the species that can train.

Under weaknesses, this statement seems to contradict itself. The percentage statement seems to imply a large number, however, you go on to say that almost none of them can utilize the Force. This could use some clarification.

"History"

You may wish to elaborate on this section. You state that their population has only been growing for a few decades but they've already reached two million? The death of their creator, Damien Daemin, is not something writers will be familiar with. Why do they have an aversion to combat when it was what they were created for? It is just as a suggestion details like that can enhance a submission. Especially, if your intent is for others to make use of it.

Feel free to make any edits you wish to and tag me when completed. They are all suggestions, but, I would advise giving it a good once over. Thank you!

Matreya

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Sorry about all of that. Fixed the basic distinction issues, switched some words for the Force use, alongside fluffing the history. Not much really has happened for em but I figured a bit more info on their start would be ok.

I also changed the wording in the strength a small bit.

Last edited:
Matreya Matreya

Not a problem at all. That's much better - Thank you!

The listed weaknesses are fine, though, you might want to consider how being "Peaceful" affects them as a weakness as well. If they avoid combat and are hardly equipped would that make them easy targets? It's up to you if you'd like to clarify a little more but there are a few things that don't make too much sense. (Ex. How the population grew to 2million, spread among multiple planets, in just a couple of decades?)

I can approve this as is but I would highly recommend sweeping through it to ensure it flows.

When you're ready let me know and I'll get you on your way. Thanks for working with me!

Matreya

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Hadnt thought of it as a weakness, and appreciate the idea so added it in.

I removed the inter planetary bit and the estimate. I kept trying to think of it, and by several means had issues. Damien didn’t die long ago so it really is only a short time, and in that time I was trying to literally double the population all the while establishing across multiple planets - as you pointed out.

Why you needed to say it twice for me to realize it just wouldn’t logically fit anyway I put it, is beyond me xD. Thanks for your patience!

Anymore issues, lemme know!

Matreya Matreya

No problem at all! Working this through with you is exactly what I'm here for - So thank you for being open to suggestions haha!

The last thing I noticed was this from the changes:

Peaceful: Though not the type to seek out battle by any means, these people frequently find themselves in danger. People look to use them as leverage, or simply attempt to wipe them out. Easy people’s can be overcome easily.

I don't think you quite meant that purple part to be worded like that.

Matreya

I actually did. Sort of like the saying, "Stupid people do things stupidly"

It was just saying they are easy to take out because of their nature. But I'll remove it cause probably don't need a dark joke either way.

Edited.

Srina Talon Srina Talon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom