Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planning a Raid

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
Over the last few days I was thinking of carrying out a raid, largely for the purpose of gathering various materials that could be of use at some time in the future. After a bit of time to think, I've decided on a target and an objective.

The target of this raid is Bespin, which is on the very edge of the Omega Protectorate's territory. The objective is to steal a shipment of cortosis and a large, armed freighter on which the shipment is to be taken off of the planet.
Here's what we'll need at minimum:
  • One person to keep the authorities busy and deliver our ultimatum (myself)
  • Two hijackers (to obtain the freighter for our use), preferably more due to the requirements of operating a large freighter at optimum performance levels
  • A slicer (to provide the virus we'll need to make this work).

To achieve the objective, the plan has three (not so) simple steps:

1. Land at Cloud City; the hijackers and slicer will then disperse to take care of their individual objectives while I keep the Baron Administrator busy to buy the others time to carry them out.

2. At least two hijackers will locate a freighter for our use and commandeer it, while our slicer plants a virus in the Cloud City computer mainframe, which, if activated, will deactivate the city's repulsors and cause it to fall into the lower atmosphere (thus destroying the city and its occupants should they not meet our demands).

3. I will then declare our demands: hand over the cortosis shipments and grant us safe passage out of the system, or the facility will be destroyed. If they comply, they will then load the cortosis shipments onto the hijacked freighter, then we can all depart having carried out the raid successfully. If they refuse, then we just take the hijacked freighter and our ships, evacuate, and then activate the virus, sending a clear warning to others not to refuse our demands (unless, of course, "a million is a statistic").

The reward for successful completion of this raid is a large amount of cortosis (split evenly among the participants in the raid) and a fair sum of credits for most involved (except for my character, who will essentially buy the freighter from the others to have parts to upgrade his own ship).

A bit ambitious, I will admit, for my first idea for an RP thread on this site, but it's nothing I haven't done before on other sites, so this should be possible. Any takers?

Iris Tyrad

A man with no friends, only live for revenge
I can be one of the hijackers. Iris should be able to fly this large freighter, because he owns his own YT-1930.
Do you have an idea of what ship we will be commandeering?

[member="Albrecht Tagge"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
I'm not sure if Bespin still has a Baron Administrator, he may have been replaced with a PC Observer instead during Protectorate's dominion of Bespin when we vanquished the Bando Gora pirates on the planet.

I'll ask faction leader folks to make sure

Darth Armyss

[member="Sy' Q. Lant"]
Excellent. Glad to have you on board with this.

[member="Iris Tyrad"]
It's good to hear that somebody else can handle the freighter, since in order to make the ruse more convincing, I'll have to arrive separately with my own ship to keep the local authorities busy.

[member="HK-36"]
Very well, I'll see you there.

[member="Popo"]
I'll make you a deal. You can have some of my share of the cortosis, but in return, I'll need you to find somebody to make me a suit of armor out of the amount that I'm keeping (most likely based on Yuuzhang Vong Vonduun Crab armor in appearance) as well as retrofit the blade of my vibrorapier with cortosis weave to resist lightsaber blades. If you can provide us with a slicer and the virus, even better, and you'll receive a full share in return if that's possible. Good to have you with us all the same.
Oh, and I almost forgot. In the event that our cover's blown, we'll need weapons, more than what we already have.

So we're still short by one key member of the raid: a slicer. Without them to provide the computer virus we'll need, this entire raid will fail. I have somebody in mind, but their participation isn't guaranteed. If anyone here knows of anyone to fill that role, feel free to contact them, or inform me of their identities so that I may do so myself.

Darth Armyss

[member="Iris Tyrad"]
Excellent, though be advised that this raid can't happen without a slicer, so the sooner we get one, the better.

Darth Armyss

So my contact has responded: he can provide the virus, but another agent will have to plant it. Once I find out who this agent is, our preparations should be complete.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Zero"]
It might be a reduction in your pension if you'll help people raid planets in Protectorate's jurisdiction, just saying :p

Well at least if we found out.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
[member="HK-36"] You see, You would be looking for the guy in the black suit with an armory of weapons.

with how Zero is, he can hide from you without needing the suit. and there is no connection to the character I may play, (which I am not too sure on what side I am joining yet) and the Zero that you may know. ;) That's the love of being unknown.

Darth Armyss

[member="Zero"] Appreciated, but that's my job. You can either be part of the hijacking team or if you have any knowledge of slicing, you can plant the virus that my contact shall provide for our use.

Unless the distraction you plan on providing is of a different nature than mine, at which point go ahead. The more confused and disoriented the Wing Guard is, the greater the chance of this heist succeeding without incident.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
[member="Albrecht Tagge"] Bespin is part of the Protectorate, the company that I work for. so really I am the police. as I said, I may or may not be with one side or the other. Really, it matters on how people post. And you already seem to have a team together. so to provide a good set of people for you to go against, I may be siding with [member="HK-36"]

Darth Armyss

[member="Zero"]
Well...as I said, unless we can get somebody to plant the virus, this won't be possible.
EDIT: alternatively, if we can't have a slicer, then an astromech droid should do just fine, since we already have the virus, we just need somebody to plant it in the city's mainframe.

Also, we'll need a lot of explosives. I have a cunning plan to deal with any would-be pursuers after we've escaped.

Rav Naast

R
Perhaps I could provide hired protection for cloud city, opposing your raid. If that's ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom