Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planet Protectorate Mandate

Currently loving the Mandate system as we all do. Throwing this new mandate idea into the ring for consideration.

Planet Protectorate Mandate
Strength: This Major Faction may dominion a planet that is not adjacent to their hex.

Weakness: The Major Faction may not dominion or invade any planets adjacent to their protectorate planet's hex and may only hold three protectorates at once. All of those protectorates are subject to invasion and rebellions as normal.

The idea could facilitate more launch points for Skirmishes, strategic alliances with certain planets and races for RP opportunities and even for defensive moves.

Have at it. Love it? Hate it? All feedback/criticism is welcome.

[member="Varas Kyrel"]

Part of the reason why I posted up that other mandate suggestion was to inspire and encourage people to come up with more 'outside the box' ideas.

This definitely counts and I am really happy to see it pop up.

I like this idea a lot, I think the Map Game could do with some more dynamic feel to it, so it doesn't feel as stale as it does after all these years. I support this!

--

Welp, didn't see Valiens' post when I made this one. That's a shame. Still think this is a cool idea though!

No worries. Happy to contribute and thank you for the consideration either way. :)

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

As for Tay-Tay crying? No, it's not a pretty sight as referenced below. :p

giphy.gif

Like Valiens said, I hate to shoot down ideas right out of the gate, but the idea of island territories on the map, especially given how many major factions there are at any one time, coupled with having any multiple number at a time makes my head hurt.

For example: At present there are 13 Major Factions. If each of them were to be allowed the proposed three island territories, that is 39 additional edits across the entire map, rather than one large area, all that have to be made to the map and constantly updated.

The very thought of that...

Ac4Q9L1.gif

[member="Khonsu Amon"] Don't make me beat you up mister. :p

[member="Varas Kyrel"] This IS a pretty awesome idea on paper. It's really creative and definitely wouldn't have occurred to me. That being said though, I can also see why [member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"] must decline. That extra workload sounds like a nightmare haha. *brings Tay-Tay some pre-emptive Excedrin and tissues*

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom