Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planet Creation Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boethiah said:
It is strongly encouraged that you create a submission for any world you roleplay on which doesn't exist in canon or as a submission. Otherwise you may be asked to submit the planet if you wished to continue roleplaying on it.

If the planet is only in your character's background and not a world you're roleplaying on then there's no need. I as well as plenty of others have made vague mention of worlds that are not actually on the map just for story reasons.

Hope that helps!
So I'm making a character, which would currently be this one I am posting as. I want her to be *the* leader of that planet. I can just make it up as a place to put her and then if it becomes a more necessary planet, I could then create a planet of my own? In other words, nothing would have to be done right away in creating my own world?

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
So I'm in the process of making a custom planet and where it comes to the part "Points of Interest" I have a question. I have four points in mind, so can I make submissions for them through the codex now (labeling them they will be part of a bigger submission) or should I just submit them later and do a submission modification later? Just trying to make things easier on both myself and the Codex judges/Boss.

Darth Sarcophago said:
So I'm in the process of making a custom planet and where it comes to the part "Points of Interest" I have a question. I have four points in mind, so can I make submissions for them through the codex now (labeling them they will be part of a bigger submission) or should I just submit them later and do a submission modification later? Just trying to make things easier on both myself and the Codex judges/Boss.
In cases like this I recommend working big to small, not small to big. In the process of creating your planet and getting eveything into place you may find that your ideas for the smaller "points of interest" may change. It'll likewise be easier for both you and the CJs to understand the setting if you have the major backdrop (the planet) already submitted.

I am making a planet filled with 73 different countries(and writing a "brief" history for all of them, but I digress). Would I need to submit this countries into the Location codex?

I also have a sentient species that once inhabited the planet, and have since gone exticnt, would I need to submit a Species to the Codex for them?

Charles Bellmont said:
I am making a planet filled with 73 different countries(and writing a "brief" history for all of them, but I digress). Would I need to submit this countries into the Location codex?

I also have a sentient species that once inhabited the planet, and have since gone exticnt, would I need to submit a Species to the Codex for them?
No, you are not required to submit the countries to the Codex, nor would you be required to submit an extinct race. You can if you like, but you do not need to.

What is the current standing map hex limits for placing planets within them? The limit used to be up to 3 total. With the change to the smaller map hex's however long ago, I'm unsure what the codex's standing orders are on that. Can I have an answer please.

Netherworld

[member="Bastian Briareos"]

The guidelines here remain the same:
1. Player-created non-canon planets may only be added to hexes on the map that have 2 or less planets already occupying that grid.

Smaller hexes just mean there's a lot of fresh empty space where you can place new planets.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Suppose I was interested in writing up the profile of a full system, including multiple inhabited worlds. The astronomical feature under locations doesn't seem to fit, but the idea of subbing like nine planets is fairly daunting.

The basic plan is to focus only one or two of the inhabited worlds and utilize the rest of the template to describe the history and background of the whole system (which is unified and so on). Being a single star system it would only occupy a single 'dot,' in keeping with the trend (there are several 'planets' on the map that are star systems or even whole cluters). Does that work, or should I be looking to make a sub in a different codex category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom