Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Plagyra

Status
Not open for further replies.
1109x549_7434_The_Gelatinous_Ray_2d_creature_concept_art_undersea_deep_sea_fish_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Name: Plagyra

Designation: Non-Sentient

Homeworld: Argyra IV

Language: NA

Average height of adults: Microscopic

Skin color: Pale Blue / Transparent

Hair color: NA

Breathes: Type 1 Atmosphere - Salt Water

Strengths:
Able to detect bio-electrical signals of nearby creatures
Able to see in even the darkest environments
Very fast for a creature of its size

Weaknesses:
Can be 'mesmerized' by the Force
Is unable to discern colors

Distinctions:
Remarkably large eyes in relation to its body
Transparent body, partially visible internal organs
Two large antenna above eyes
Two large, grasping mandibles
Very large wing-like fins in relation to body size
A cluster of small, tentacles that function like a propeller

Average Lifespan: a few hundred days

Races: NA

Estimated Population: Innumerable

Diet: Smaller Plankton

Communication: None

Culture: None

Technology level: None

General behavior:
The species primarily operate as solitary hunters even though they populate the oceans in large numbers.

History:
The species has existed on the planet for tens of thousands of years and is one of many innumerable species of plankton that exist as the primary food source for a great number of species that live within the oceans of Argya IV.

The species is an adept hunter of smaller plankton and displays remarkable intelligence for a creature of its size. The Plagyra can detect other organisms up to twenty meters away and is capable of closing that distance in as little as 200 seconds. It is similarly able to detect and avoid larger predators at similar distances. The method of detection, however, is a matter of debate. Some scientists state that the creature detects the bio-electrical signals emitted by other organisms in the ocean. Others argue that the creature is sensitive to the force and uses its connection to the force to hunt and avoid predators.

Notable Player-Characters: None

Intent: To create aquatic life to help fill out the environment of a planet obviously focused on Aquatic sentient life.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

I apologize for the wait! This submission is UNDER REVIEW, and you will be tagged by myself or another Codex judge when one of two things happens:

1) There are edits being requested.

2) There are no (further) edits required.

Thank you for your patience. :)

Alright, so... this is a good little sub, but there is just one thing I'd like you to look at!

You take "Is a food source for larger creatures" as one of the weaknesses. Natural predation isn't a weakness, so much as it is a fact of life, so I'd like you to come up with something else for a second weakness, please!

If you have trouble coming up with something, please ask. I'll be glad to give suggestions.

Do you mean that it can be mesmerised by the Force output of the Drygari, specifically, or in general? If specific, could you clarify that in your submission, please? If not, then it's fine as-is. Just let me know.

[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

Both. Also, see the Lygria submission.

In the normal sense of it all... This critter is drawn to the force resonations of both the Drygari and the Lygria. But the Jedi/Sith a playing around in the ocean waters, these things might.... swarm them... Because a swarm of microscopic critters... is kinda funny. And itchy. All of the itching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom