Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[PKA] Mandalorian EGK Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arla Rodarch

Marshal, Journeyman Protector
o8y1jcie.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Creating a device to nullify force-nullifying-nullifying abilities
  • Image Source: Found
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Ysalamiri
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: PKA
  • Affiliation: PKA
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: EGK
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Biological components, Technological components
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • EGK utilizes an approach similar to the technology of the Netherworld gates, as well as modifying the natural effect of the Ysalamir. Through broadcasting a form of high level energy frequency manipulation jamming, they are able to block specifically a connection between the Nether and the real world over a small area. Though similar to an Ysalamir's biological effect, the EKG does not affect the Force directly. A Force user will be able to commune with the Force within the area of effect, but the world of the dead cannot touch the world of the living.
STRENGTHS
  • The EGK is only effective against biotech/tech that utilizes the Netherworld to circumvent a Ysalamiri effect.
WEAKNESSES
  • These devices are very rare and precious
  • Will have no effect on the Force or anything other than Nether-related anti-Ysalamir/Voidstone
DESCRIPTION

After tales of and rumours about several encounters with Sith who were able to touch the Force despite a Ysalamir presence which should have rightly prevented them from doing so, Mandalore's mad scientists got to work on identifying and countering such a unique and frankly annoying technological advantage.

From the start, their investigations went poorly. Mandalore is not known for its Force lore, and the effort initially was focused in this area, to little success. Biological and technological manipulation of the now rare Ysalamiri was another approach tried, to varying degrees of success, but taking a significant toll on the numbers of the available creatures. Progress was slow, but slowly but surely, dead end avenues of research were exhausted, and the focus narrowed.

With aid from external sources, eventually research on high energy manipulation provided the key. Through technology, people had built gateways to connect the real world more stably to other dimensions. Sometimes the barriers between dimensions became weak enough for a crossover to happen without a gateway. The Mandalorian scientists would take the opposite approach, by strengthening the fabric of reality, and manipulating certain harmonics at just the right pitch to make connection between this real and the realm of the Nether impossible. This proved successful in concept, and a device was engineered to project a small energy field to purpose. Testing produced successful results and it was noted that the soul is still able to find its way to the world of the dead, it is assumed, through utilizing other realms as a 'back door'.

The EGK device itself is reasonably small and compact, but powerful enough to generate a stabilization field of around a hundred meters, allowing it to support a small unit which may be augmented with Ysalamir or Voidstone to protect against use of the Force.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch

EGK utilizes an approach similar to the technology of the Netherworld gates, as well as modifying the natural effect of the Ysalamir. Through broadcasting a form of high level energy frequency manipulation jamming, they are able to block specifically a connection between the Nether and the real world over a small area. Though similar to an Ysalamir's biological effect, the EKG does not affect the Force directly. A Force user will be able to commune with the Force within the area of effect, but the world of the dead cannot touch the world of the living.

I can say this right now, a tech version of a ysalamir is unlikely to pass. I would remove all mention of them first before this will even be looked at with a chance to pass.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

Alright, I have been talking with JOhn and there are concerns, lots of wuestions and a lot more deep diving into star wars lore and physics/theories then most would want.

Main question and concern is how much this alters the fabric of space?

As in legends the netherworld fo the force is less interacted with then on chaos so the metric to judge how much it would be harmed by nullification is difficult to measure. So we need an idea how much is going to be warpedd first to scale it in terms of power.

Arla Rodarch

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms The device modifies the Ysalamir's field so that it affects the nether rather than the Force.

Thats it really.

You could say that it strengthens space-time if you want, but the idea is to prevent direct energy transfer from specifically the nether realm to the real world. Where a regular Ysalamir would prevent transfer of energy from the Force, this device would only prevent it from the Nether.

I'll be taking this submission over.

There are a few issues I have that I'd like to run through with you.

1) Netherworld gates.

In your submission you refer to the "technology of the Netherworld Gates" as far as I'm aware, a Netherworld Gate is a naturally occurring phenomenon of the force, do you have a link to a technological object which is capable of opening a portal to the Nether?

2) The Force

You seem to be distinguishing between the Force and the Nether as two separate entities, however, do you have any evidence to back this up? We can see from the presence of force spirits that can manipulate the force that there appears to be no real distinction between them as you are trying to claim here. In the same way that the factory does not distinguish between different force powers, it appears to me that there is no distinction here.

3) Manipulating Space Time

You have described the submission as strengthening space time, and preventing energy from the Nether being directed to the real world. The manipulation of space time is a stretch for the "spirit for star wars". However, this again supposes that the Nether is a different dimension, something which I can not find proof of in Cannon. What are you basing this reading on?

Please read through my notes and let me have your thoughts.

Arla Rodarch

Hi John Locke John Locke

I'm going mainly on assumptions here, i've heard of players creating Nether world gates, so i thought there would be established lore and tech for that. It's mainly a SWRP mechanic as I understand, so its hard to get my brain around.

The reason for the distinction is the way that Ysalamiri are circumvented using the Netherworld as a medium for such. This is what i am seeking to interfere with; in a similar way of manipulating a Ysalalimiri to ensure it can't be circumvented in this specific nether-related way.

As far as I'm aware there is no existing tech to create Netherworld gates, and to be honest reality altering technology is far from the spirit of Star Wars.

Moreover, that is not how the force works. You can't just separate one element of the force from another through technological means. And, Force Spirits which reside in the Nether are a part of the force and able to manipulate the force. It's one entity, one energy field not two.

For that reason I don't feel this submission is in the spirit of star wars and am going to deny it. While I appreciate what you're attempting to do, I would instead suggest you report the use of other submissions which work against the spirit of the property we're role playing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom