Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

narshaddaa1.jpg

A sharp jolt knocked Kimiko awake from her slumber atop a rather uncomfortable crate. She stretched out her stiff limbs and neck before realizing it didn't feel like they were moving. What the...

Almost immediately her internal question was answered as the freighter's crew descended from the cabin. They looked a little worse for wear. She guessed flying for four days straight could take a toll on anyone. The three crew members were chatting to themselves as they neared the boarding ramp, bags in hand.

The young woman slowly crept closer, hoping to catch wind of their plan, before one of them spotted her. Quickly ducking as he approached, audibly chuckling at her attempt to hide. The male Twi'lek, whose skin was a sickly green, peered over her low hiding spot and offered a sinister grin,"We are stopping here for a day Miss. We need to really eat and get some sleep before we continue this journey...and we wouldn't mind if you accompanied us either."

She scoffed, loudly, which caused all three of the men to laugh. The Twi'lek stood and turned to leave, but looked at her over his shoulder before they departed,"Stay or leave, completely up to you. But, we will be leaving in one full rotation sweet cheeks. Don't miss the ride you paid for." and with that they promptly left for whatever they had in plan.

After several minutes gathering her own supplies, and herself, she departed the freighter, immediately being taken back at the city scape.

She had arrived on Nar Shadda...

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
[member="Kimiko"]

The young man's dark hair shone an odd red in the light of Nar Shadaa. The bustling streets offered much by visual appeal. At least from a distance. Dax moved through busy strets, careful to not allow anyone to touch him. He'd expierenced his fair share of pickpockets and thieves already, he'd like to avoid an encounter with another. They were rather annoying if he were to be honest.

In the distance he could see spaceport, tugs, cruisers, yachts, cargo ships, all drifted in and out of the spaceport, the serene sight offering great contrast to the loud ruckus of the crowd which Dax navigated. That very space port was in fact his destination.

In the Republic, Dax could've gotten transportstion for free, courtesy of The Order. Not so here. A place where laws didn't truly apply, and so, Dax had acquired a Protector Class Corvette. To be honest the once illustrious ship had fallen into disrepair. With Dax's master's death, and the abscence of orders, Dax had single mindedly gone after the crime syndicate that had caused his death. The ship had seen better days...

Dax stepped off the turbolift onto the main deck of the space port. At each of the various landing pads, duties were being fulfilled. Cargo being unloaded, refueling, even some repair to what appeared to be severe hull damage.

Dax spotted a crew disembarking from a ship. A young woman with shocking hair was speaking to a Twi'lek man. Dax moved towards them. He could feel the prescence of a Force User...an unusual presence, one that drew him closer.

She was alone now...alone. On a world she had never freely been on. Who knew how lost one could become in the city she saw in a single day. At least the crew he had hired planned on doing just that, as Ki had lost sight of them almost immediately upon their departure. If she were honest with herself, she hoped they took longer than just a day.

Pulling her hood to cover her head, Ki sighed heavily and descended the ramp. The least she could do while here was find an actual bed and real food. But where to find her desires was well beyond her knowledge.

She scanned the skyline, reading a multitude of advertisements and posters of entertainment of all kinds. Some of which cause a physical reaction from the woman: from a simple blush, to clenched fists and gritted teeth. Her options were limited, however, and she turned towards a less savory sector that offered cheap billeting for spacers.

Ki attempted her best to keep inconspicuous as she pushed into a crowd, regretting her decision the moment a large Gamorrean knocked drunkenly into her, causing her to lose her footing and plummet towards the street below...

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax saw a flash of white go over the edge of the walkways. Withit the prescence plummeted away. "By the..." Dax quietly cursed. He ran to the edge and valted over the low railing. Plummeting to the streets below, wind roaring in his ears, Dax felt his heart leap skyward, while his body fell. He liked the feeling. He spotted a woman falling through the air towards the rapidly approaching ground. Tilting his body towards her he fell closer to her, with help from the Force.

[member="Kimiko"]

(Sorry for the short post. Next one will be longer)

Several agonizingly long seconds into her fall and she was a mess...eyes clamped shut, voice echoing the air around her with a blood curdling scream...her mind flashing images of her mostly abysmal life, with traces of her recent happiness. But she really thought this was going to be her end. An end before she ever accomplished anything in life. An end without fulfilling her dreams and desires. She was going to die a bloody and noisy mess on the ground several stories beneath her, and she thought no one cared...

Little did she know however...

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax collided with the young women, arms enveloping her as they fell. Dax moved his body through the air, carrying the woman with him. Roughly landing on one of the many speeders in the hyperspace lane, Dax heard several Sullustese curses and made out some other less than satisfying names shouted at him. It didn't matter as he lept to another speeder and another. They reached the bottom of the hyper space lanes, and found themselves on hood of a Rodian's blue speeder. Not even bothering with curses the Rodian reached for something below his seat. A glint of metal. The rodian angled the blaster at the two. Vaulting from the hood as a blaster tore through the transparisteel windshield, Dax careened through the window of an apartment, and rolled across the solid floor, his body doing the best it could to protect the young women from any potential injury.

Dax groaned finally letting his body relax. His arms fell away from the woman on top of him. "Ouch...I'm...never...doing that again..." He said, the transparisteel crunching beneath his body as the muscles moved.

[member="Kimiko"]

Paralyzed in sheer terror, Ki trembled, clinging to this stranger for dear life. She was so frozen in her fear, that her mind did not register them landing, safely, inside an apparently empty apartment.

Finally, the woman allowed herself to gain her bearing and open her clenched eyes. She looked up at the stranger to whom she was clinging to and paled. The awkward moment took her by surprise.

"I...I'm sorry to cause trouble...b-but, thank you...", she spoke meekly and still consumed in her fright at this strange man...

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Yeah...don't mention it." Dax growned again, eyes still shut. "In fact...if you could get off me I'd be willing to call us square." He winced. Damn sure I broke a rib or two Dax thought to himself. He finally let his eyes crack open and looked at the woman on top of him. She was pretty. Pretty enough to make his eyes open wide and feel very very awkward...

[member="Kimiko"]

Kimiko's face flushed at the request, completely oblivious to their shared personal space. She leaped, or what one could call a leap, off of the stranger, standing a distance away from him and adjusting her appearances.

"Gom-...S-sorry...", she managed to squeak out timidly as she kept her hands and eyes busy with whatever tasks she could find for them.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax let out another groan of pain as she lept from his chest. As he stood, the transparisteel shards beneath his body crinkled and cracked. "Its ok..." he said to her. He made his way over to a nearby sofa, clutching his side. Throwing himself into he tenderly touched his ribs. "What's your name?" He asked between wonces as he felt for any cracks or breaks.

Dax watched the girl out of the corner of his eyes. He found her timidness to be kind of adorable. It was an odd thing to see in on a world such as this, which was occupied mostly by bounty hunters or criminals. Darkness had been following him as of late and she appeared to be the only innocent thing he had witnessed in a good long while.

[member="Kimiko"]

This was definitely not the norm for one such as herself; nearly plummeting to her death and being rescued mid-air by some stranger. She'd definitely have to write this up and take the story back with her, someone would find it amusing.

The question caused her already flustered self too become even more so. Her face shaded a darker red as her nervous fingers found a strand of hair to twirl. She never intended on making any acquaintances on her voyage, the less people who knew her the better, but she couldn't argue with the man, he did save her.

"T-Tell me yours...and I'll, tell you mine. It's only fair." puffing her cheeks after she was done, attempting to hide her face by now fiddling with her hood.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax looked at her and chuckled. "Alright fine. The names Dax. Dax Fyre." He said. His finger finally found a place where the pain was greatest. Dax hissed in pain as he put pressure on it. "Oh yeah...thats the one" he muttered to himself. He sat up on the cracked sofa, wincing as he did so.

Mentally Dax chastized himself for giving the young woman his real name. She could try to kill him after all, just like evertything else between here and Uncharted Space. Even worse, he could've endangered her now...by knowing who he was any of the gangsters, crime lords, ir Sith he'd managed to piss off in the last few months could decide she knows something she doesn't and go after her. And that was a lot of people...he swore to himself if it came to it he'd rectify this mistake. He wasn't get let someone else get hurt because of him...

He looked at the shy girl again, as she fiddled with her hood. Dax even noticed the hint of red in her cheeks that she attempted to hide. He had to supress a chuckle. "Alright, your turn. What's your name."

[member="Kimiko"]

"D-Dax...it's nice to make your acquaintance."

Ki noticed him wince in obvious pain, at her expense, and saw the sincere way his eyes glanced at her. She turned a shade darker and looked away, fixing her hair to look like she did not just almost plummeted to her death.

"It's Ki-Kimiko." she managed to force out looking back at him over her shoulder.

Dax looked in pain and she felt responsible for it. She sighed as she turned around and stepped closer, slowly stepping to inspect him,"You injured yourself due to me...can I help?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Pleasure to meet you Kimiko." Dax said giving her a grin. "And I thank you for the offer, but unless you have some kolta and can speed up time, I don't think theres much you can do." After all it was just. Abroken rib. He could walk it off...sort of...Regardless he allowed the young woman to come closer, giving her access to the the source of his pain.

Her demeanor changed almost instantly, beginning with a frustrated sigh,"Of course I can't help...u-useless as ever..."

She looked over the man apologetically before reaching out a hand and offering her best smile, to hopefully comfort him,"At least let me assist in you getting some help."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax couldn't help but laugh at her comment, "I highly doubt your useless my friend." He took her hand and bu extension her offer of help, "I doubt there are many good doctors down here." Dax said, "But theres no way we'll be able to get topside without a permit, so I guess we don't have much of a choice right now." Dax hoisted himself up, with her help.
[member="Kimiko"]

His words finally sunk in and Ki's seemingly brightening mood plummeted again,"Wait...what?"

She did not want to admit her naivety, but not everything Dax had just said made sense, as she watched him stand and hopefully take some sort of lead here.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Nar Shadaa is a safe haven for criminals and bounty hunters alike. The further down you go the more dangerous it gets...up tops the prettiest and that's saying something..." Dax said. "Thankfully we aren't too far down...I think...we just gotta talk to the right people." Dax checked to make sure he had his saber with him, and then started towards the door. "Hope I don't make you miss your flight."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Food...food is good. I could go for some right now." Dax said as he peeked into the hall. "I'll make you a deal Kimiko. We find me a doctor and patch me up real quick, and we'll get some good food. Sound good?" Dax continued to the exit of the apartment building. He limped slightly out of pain. He looked behind him to make sure she was there and alright.

[member="Kimiko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom