Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pieces of the Puzzle

Garos IV, the pitstop before going all in. There is no turning back. No turning back to days of Darkness like she knew them to have been all her life before her latest evolution. No turning back to the person she once was, the only person she had ever been known by. And yet, the opposition which stood between herself and further learning happens to be a grand barrier, perhaps a great threat, for it is precisely a god who stands to challenge her choices.

The Fanged God of Dathomir to which whom the redeemed Nightsister once belonged, to whom she long vowed her obedience for the exchange of his power bestowed upon her Magick. How could she not be nervous about returning to her homeworld? She has been gone from her coven for over two and a half years! It is very likely that her very own coven members, to whom she was born into, are ordered by the Fanged God to kill her. But would they, truly, simply because she has chosen to accept this intense transformation? Surely who she had been to them before meant more than this throughout her lifetime! Family.

Still the redeemed Nightsister feels great apprehension over returning. She needs to talk herself into proceeding further. Her decision is to return to learn from the lesser popular covens of the Light, the Witches of Dathomir, who gather their power not from the father of the Darkside of the Force, but one who is his polar opposite, the Winged Goddess of the Light of Ashla. This goddess was once a living being who after her death transcended on to become a great entity across the galaxy, the Fanged God ever bound solely to Dathomir, whom this Nightsister managed to free from across the galaxy; their fable told in the story of The Ones.

The Mistress Pom Stych Tivé, has not long ago begun her study in the Ashla. It all started through learning the value of all life. Herself woven of Bogan, all she ever knew in life, began first delving into aspects of the Force while dwelling among Darksiders. As her first experiment, she had utilized the Light of the Force to calm and dissolve Bogan energies. She intended to learn how to fight against the Light, by learning how the two opposing forces of Light and Dark clash.

Not long after Ashla, highly offended by her intentions, physically tore the Nightsister from her land to render her up for judgement by Her followers. Forgiveness was granted and for the first time in her life, the Nightsister understood the true nature of the Light. Had she learned of the Ashla sooner, lessons might have fallen on daft ears and a hardened heart; but only one Jedi ever approached her to share conversation, while all others shunned her simply for her race and cultural upbringing.

The Mistress stood at the edge of the outdoor café patio, a delicate teacup in hand, staring out over the border railing, where the cobble stone ended and the meadow began. Her eyes fixated onto the darkening of the distant woods. Her thoughts swarmed with the possibilities of her days to come. Destiny is close at hand. She wondered if she should risk the danger to learn. All her life, she has been ushered to learn more and more. On her mind echoes the invitation from Imperator Cedric Grayson to join his ranks as a Jedi. She had hesitated, mostly due to the history of the clash of their people; and she knew deep inside that this is very wrong of her. The Sorceress had given up so much during her redemption, and it all came natural to her. She gave up her demons for Angels, her amulets for Blessings, her rituals… She saw the selflessness of the Jedi by their example, traits which she had never witnessed before. For her to promise to live this way, in all honesty it does cause her trepidation.

Last edited:
A settlement destroyed, burned... Its people strung up and parts of their flesh carved from them and missing. Why? That was a question the Silver Jedi Order did not know, but it was one that Josh was going to find out... Or at least bring in or kill whoever did it. This kind of cruelty... It was either a savage, or a Sith Lord. With the dark side energies that racked the settlement, still fresh from the attack though... That had been what had prompted the Jedi Master's dispatch.

Josh had stopped at Garos IV in order to refuel and try and gather some information to know where to head to next. He only knew that the presence hadn't left the system. That was all he had so far. Where they could be besides that, he didn't know. So under a cloak, and with his Force presence hidden, Josh made his way into the cafe while his ship was being refueled. Letting out a gentle exhale, he would decide to grab something to eat. Getting a reservation and having his order taken, he knew it would be some time before they arrived, and so he made his way out to the edges of the outdoor cafe's patio...

Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

Right before her start of her journey home to Dathomir, the Nightsister befell a second spiritual transformation. She tried her darnedest to hide the new development from every member of the Grayson Imperium. She had been amongst thousands of trapped slaves the moment they were murdered. Their prison was directly fired upon by one individual who held a blatant disregard for their lives, a detestable member of the Republic. She being a natural born Sorceress, it is the body and mind of this Mistress the Souls of the newly formed Legion possess. A child named Elimond led them, his voice booming, resounding with the most desperation and self regret. In order to retain her sanity from their insistent presence, she had to take control of them and bend them to her will, just as she would any spirit or demon before she had been introduced to the possibility of redemption. Their presence and their many voices soon became a mutual acceptance.

Pomsty had been serving at the orphanage when the lot were overtaken by a slaver who imprisoned them along the exterior of his ship as a human shield. Pomsty was rescued by a familiar face, mere moments before the Republic fired upon the vessel, forewarned of the presence of the innocent lives and purpose as a human shield.

During her brief time working with the orphans she had grown quite fond of the little Elimond, and she felt great remorse over his sudden senseless demise. She held onto him the only way she knew how in the afterlife. She had been among the Jedi many few months, yet the unsuspected burst of rage she felt over the boy's enslavement and her awareness of his loss, overcame her, as much as had the duality of spirit she suffered when these rushed her for refuge. She did not walk as a being bearing Light nor Dark, but the fine line down the middle of the road of Gray. She could brandish either mask necessary at any given moment. Only she did not realize this, for still she underwent a grand transformation regardless.

The Spector of Elimond surfaced again while the woman stood overlooking the shadows of the vast forest floor, watching as they crept throughout. "There is nothing for you where I am going," she whispered, unable yet to do much magick without verbal incantation, sending her charge to pulse out before her being, into the forest trees. "You will do well to not venture forth when we arrive, or you will find yourself used," she concluded. Her eyes darted to those around her, hoping they hadn't heard. The Nightsister dug up her most memorable Force Presence of Light, as she felt burst forth from among the Jedi of the Grayson Imperium, and she wrapped it around her like a hopefully concealing cloak.

Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

“Hi daddy!”

A figure sprang up in holographic form from Josh’s datapad that he had set on the table while he enjoyed his beverage. The Jedi Master’s expression brightened immeasurably at the sight of the six year old’s visage, as he gingerly waved a hand. “Hey kid” He spoke softly. “Is training going ok? Is your mom keeping tabs on you?” He asked. The child nodded his head in response. “Yup! It’s going ok! Mommy is making sure I don’t forget to practice! Master is showing me how to move stuff!” He chirped with an amount of glee and sheer energy that kept the smile on Josh’s face. “I’m glad to hear it. I just wanted to call to let you guys know I’m alright. I’m at a café before I get back to work. I-“

He heard it. And then he sensed it. A whisper, something… He didn’t know what, but it stood out to him. And then that presence of light. He knew it best to investigate before it went away. He leaned in to whisper to the child.

“Looks like that’s my cue. Time to get back to work. We’ll talk more when I’m on my way back home” He whispered softly. The child looked a bit disappointed, but he nodded his head. This was a normal thing by now. “Okay! Love you daddy!”

“Love you too. I’ll see you guys real soon.”

She could feel Dathomir from this system, so close. She felt like a part of it, as all of her sisters did to the Nightsister-born when they drew near. She could look up at the sky even during the daylight hours and just sense where her home star resides.

Scrying is a new skill she took up. She learned a lot of things that she wished she did not know. Never though could she foresee the future for herself or that of anyone else. Nor did she waste time dabbling in childish tasks such as reading tealeaves, which drew her attention at this moment, as the bottom of her cup revealed a propensity for recent negativity. One of the main things she feels hung up about regarding the Jedi, is that the things they do, happen to be nothing like all she has mastered during her lifetime. Many truly cannot possibly see the world through her eyes. Her daily life had her walking between realms, not just revolving around power projection. Many seemed so swift to judge ways alternative to their own mastery. Pomsty wondered if the Grayson Imperium was some sort of anomaly, or if they only hid their true nature from her. Talk has always been that many Jedi believe those who do not exercise power as they do, should be culled.

She heard the youngling's voice projected over the nearby datapad, and for a moment she thought it was the spirit of Elimond speaking aloud and she turned her head towards the source. Spirit voices were sometimes quieted by Ashla, but never always. Pomsty offered a subtle smile in the direction of Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor as the waiter circled the patio grounds, refilling patrons' cups with coffee or tea.

Last edited:
He had sensed that whisper but didn't know its origin. His gaze scanned the area once he had hung up, trying to find any sort of clue toward what he might have been looking for. If his mark had found him first, then the people here could be in trouble. Then he saw them. Someone staring at him. He saw the smile. He didn't know for sure if they were the person he was looking for, or just a bystander... But he supposed it couldn't hurt to try and ask for information.

Taking a breath, steeling himself... He gingerly rose to his full height. He gently moved across the area until he met the eyes of the woman that had been staring. He would place a hand on the seat opposing hers.

"I know peace and privacy are a blessing, but I couldn't help myself in my thoughts of perhaps bringing a little company"
He spoke softly, motioning to the chair in a subtle question of whether she were alright with him sitting there. "I also thought I'd ask a question, if you would be so willing to oblige me, madam. I've heard... Rumors, of a suspicious individual wandering about. Kind of gives... Ominous vibes. Maybe they seem a bit sketchy? Have you heard anything of the sort, perhaps?"

She gestured to the seating with her hand, remembering how she had met the first Jedi Master she ever ran into, Cedric Grayson. “If that isn’t the story of my life. It’s not looking very promising from where I now stand. Possibly setting me up for the worst.” She knew her statement did not make sense to it's receiver, nor did she suspect that it had to. She is at the time, a Nightsister returning to Dathomir after a heart wrenching journey, which lead her to stand upon the cusp of her redemption. She has at this moment every intention of learning what the white witches of her own people have labored for thousands of years to know. Little could she foresee that she would not make it to her destination, and yet another aspect of her being would very well achieve nirvana.

Pom gazed out beyond the patio grounds, across the field and into the distant shadowy forest trees, where ghosts align, literally, readying themselves to tell her their secrets. She did not cause these ghosts to be agreeable that they should appear. And any Sorceress would agree this just happens because of what she is. Her mere presence as she is, demands such obedience, before the demands are voiced and the domination gets dirty. But is this man sensing her presence? She does not believe so. Ashla had conformed her. Surely she could send out vibes, but not as sinister as he mentioned. She intends no disruption and is merely passing through.

"Perhaps that which you seek is out there amidst the shadows so lively," she spoke honestly, gesturing towards the darkness of the distant underbrush. "If you wish to investigate I would be happy to accompany you. I know that I do not appear forthright with intentions of good deed," She brandishes no Lightsaber, nor even pistols on her person; but her potions are hidden within her inner vest bandolier and additionally inside the crystal buttons of her overcloak, and powders inside her locket rings! It is her pride for her culture of origin not to concede to most of the customs of others, much concerning her traditional attire. "but I do receive such a sense when one with good intentions is near, as easily I can determine one's absence of malice." she concluded. Then she sat still and gazed at him, wondering what he might admit to concluding about her before even having spoken a word to her. She never thought her smile could cause her intentions to be misjudged. Yet, she found Jedi trust her more easily straight off the bat, than those of gray or dark alignment ever had; now how unforeseeable is something like that!

Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

Well, this was interesting, was it not? The person he was investigating offering to help. He smiled gingerly as he took a seat once it was clear that he was allowed to. She said she could sense an absence of malice, or at least, that was what it sounded like. He studied her face for a moment before he spoke up.

“I have sensed something… Dark, on this planet. Something that could potentially be harmful to the people here” He spoke in a calm, low voice. “Finding them before they do so would be in the best interests of everyone here. But I have been drawing blanks.”

He considered the likely possibility that this was a trap. That this was the dark one. What if those whispers were an enchantment? Something to steel them for battle, or worse, and he was simply being led into the den of the beast? He didn’t mind springing that trap if so, though. Thus his honesty about the situation. There was no reason to hide, when he knew he could handle it it came to it. Trading his advantage in a fight, for finding and dealing with the threat faster. A risky tactic. But a calculated risk all the same. He would just have to deal. Better to be at a disadvantage than never find the threat at all. Or be too late. This way, he still held some control over the situation.

"You've possibly been on this planet longer than I. If what I seek is there amongst the shadows, where would you suggest we go?" He inquired, seeming to be indicating he was accepting her offer for assistance.

Seeming to be realizing he had forgotten something, he would hold out a hand.

"Josh."

Pomsty only scrunched an eyebrow when he described a darkness present. To her it felt like just a baby presence. She had only been redeemed maybe half a year and developed far too many questions resulting in far too many indecisions than she felt comfortable with. Perhaps this resulted because there were too many people involved in the lessons she needed to learn, those who were present were not present enough, and absolutely none of them understood her. They certainly could have tried harder to understand her, and likely should have tried, even to the point of tapping into her thoughts from time to time. She needed it. But all in all still she legitimately sought to finalize her redemption today, by venturing towards learning what those of her own people knew about the Ashla. They would be the best to know how to persuade her way of thining.

It would have surprised her to learn that the prejudices of the Jedi towards her kind expanded beyond a single faction with whom she had experience, which after she had left them in particular, such discord no longer seemed an issue. Her malcontent warn away. She had been in good company long enough to learn that not all Jedi nor all men were sectarian, herself a stout misandrist before her recent change of company.

If she could have deduced his intentions to label her, she would have left for the witches of dathomir directly. Luckily she did not know of it, for she truly is not ready to face her own family who would see her change of heart about her very religion like a slap in the face, incredibly disrespectful, and may threaten to disown her.

He asked where someone dwelling in darkness might reside and she closed her eyes momentarily, listening intently to the spirits which spake. There indeed is an energy in the depths of the woods. Whether or not the mystery entity hides because of something he did, or hopes to do, she could determine not. Pomsty waved a hand out towards the same area once again. "It just feel off to me; but maybe it is a reflection of something that occurred in the past." She hadn't figured that maybe Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor sensed something about her which reflected of her past. Things she wore reeked of her culture, and some she put away out of respect and by her own conscience she grew.

The Mistress was not fond of the customs of the otherworlders. When a hand was extended in greeting, she reciprocated out of courtesy. After landing her grip, she pumped only once and quite swiftly, before drawing her hand back to her teacup. "I am Pom Stych Tivé." It is a name she used for so long, she scarcely remembers what her given name even is. But that is no worry, for it is harder to curse someone when their name is not even known. She held to certain superstitions of her culture even after years of being among other cultures.

She came from the Jedi of the Grayson Imperium, a Nightsister studied in the Force. She never wielded a lightsaber yet, but never had to either. Gladly though it was too, for she was told she could cut off her own foot, and Magick only goes so far in healing; plus it would be difficult to heal herself, whether in battle or not wouldn't matter, for sure she could not incant any spells while shrieking in agony of it all!

He was looking for a lead, any lead. And this was the closest thing so far. He had no interest in labels, just what was in front of him and what needed to be done. Once he could rest easy knowing the people here were safe, he would be able to return to his family. The woman would bring up that something seemed off to her, and he nodded his head. She would take his hand and he smiled gently as she introduced herself. "Beautiful name" He complimented softly. It was certainly one of the fancier names he had dealt with lately, he would give her that.

And then it hit him.

It hit him like a ton of bricks. A presence, radiating from the forest. Someone had used the Force, and the presence that came with it... It was powerful. Dark. For a moment he shuddered, but he took a breath and kept his cool. Perhaps they had figured out that he was here? That he hunted them? Perhaps he was being lured into a trap?

Well, he supposed if it was a trap, he would just have to spring it.

His eyes opened slowly after initially slamming shut when the presence hit. He looked her in the eyes. The presence seemed to have nothing to do with her. He didn't know what it was he had heard or sensed before, but there was a good chance that she was not the one he was hunting. Still, he couldn't be too careful. He considered whether to leave her here for fear of her being in league with his target, or at the least, for her own safety... Or to bring her with him. Both to keep an eye on her, and because if that presence was strong... He might need the help.

In the end, he decided to ask and leave the final choice up to her. In his own way, of course.

"Did you feel that?"

The redeemed Nightsister thought for a moment and realized that maybe this sensitive one Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor sensed those who followed her here.

"Perhaps a hermit you perceive. Or perhaps what you sense that you are struggling to define is the presence of the spirits?" she asked. "I came from a planetary invasion, where an orbiting slaver ship was blatantly blasted out of existence by the very forces which claimed to come to liberate the oppressed people. Thousands died in a fiery assault. If you can see them out there, enraptured by their misery, they want reparation for their murders. The one who speaks for them was just a child, one who had much promise and hope that I would have been able to save him." She stared into the distance while she spoke. She can see such spirits.

"Is it they whom you are perceiving?" Normally she would never speak of such things, as most people, even those touched by awareness simply cannot see what they do not wish to see. Her upbringing had long trained her to perfect her manipulation of such vulnerable forces for personal gain. Against her dark-side training, she truly only wanted to not only render these spirits free, but also to be free of them. She found them quite persistent and obsessed with their objective. The youngling leader is the most relentless in demanding their deaths be avenged.

"It was a highly personal event to me, and I knew some of those people." The boy wanted her to adopt him. She maybe would have to, but now she can't. "I never had to psycho analyze the actions of a horde of thousands of lost spirits before."

She couldn't imagine that he would even have anything to offer on the topic concerning where to even begin. But she did try to quell his fears, just in case this is what he sensed. "If that is what think you sense, do you by any chance have any idea how to convince them to let go of the physical and venture home?"

Her way used to be to entrap them, to use them, to make them work if they had no better sense of what has opened up to them through death. Everything is out there, but they stay, and they fret like they have to care about things in the physical realm like nothing has changed at all.

She looked back to him rather curious of what he might be thinking.

"I'm not sure" the Jedi Master admitted as his new companion would claim that perhaps what he was sensing were spirits, raptured in a fiery attack that killed thousands. She also claimed to be a personal victim of this attack. Whether she was involved in it, or simply knew someone who was involved in it, they didn't make clear. But he did feel for her, and he responded by lowering his head in a half bow, a show of sympathy in a silent, respectful sort of way. "I was brought here from reports of a settlement that was razed to the ground. Those who lived there were strung up, or had parts of their bodies cut from them. They claimed to feel a strong dark sided influence there, so I came to investigate and ensure that no others would suffer the same fate."

Cards on the table. It was very much possible he was being lied to, an attempt at manipulation, by the very person responsible. But it was better to keep the potential party close and see how things went. He did want to trust her, of course. If she showed he could, he would be glad for it. Either way, he wasn't leaving until he found his quarry.

"If spirits are possibly responsible, I'm not sure what could be done. It's also possible that the ones who destroyed them are the ones that I am looking for" he added, playing with his beard a bit in thought. "How long ago was this event of yours?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom