Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picking Your Brain (Anija)

It took some time, but eventually the doctors and medics had her stabilized and comfortable. They weren't sure what had happened, and in her condition, they hadn't asked her, and they weren't exactly paid to investigate these kinds of things. I was sure someone would be a long soon to figure out how she had been so severely injured, but until then I needed to talk with her, to attempt to explain what happened, to try and figure out why it had happened the way it did.

Once the doctors and nurses moved out of the small room she had been placed in, her form wrapped in Bacta Bandages, soothing gauze on her throat, and the five small burn marks where my fingers had poured lightning into her head covered with aloe patches. I sat next to the bed. Sitting on the bed would have been too friendly given today's occurrences. "I'm so sorry." I said, obviously distraught. "When-" I took a moment to form the words. I had never said it out loud. Never truly accepted it. "When she died, I couldn't take it. I couldn't handle her loss..." I trailed off, tears welling in my eyes from the memory of her form lying dead on the bed. "I must have barricaded off some memories in order to cope with it. And... I guess I still couldn't take it." The flashes of the three fairly gruesome murders came back to me for a moment. I forced them back, focusing on the memory of my first date with Chiasa. One that had lasted days, not hours. "Then... I started blacking out. It started on Wayland, but I'm not sure when. I didn't know what happened when I blacked out... I'm not sure I know even now." The memory of what had happened were coming back, and in fairly vivid detail. I needed to know what had happened to Maliha. I needed to find that child and keep her safe. I had promised to do so.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

It was a good thing Anija was full of painkillers and sedatives, or she probably would have punched him in the nose. Oh, she really wanted to. For now though, she just lay there, listening to his voice, and sensing his emotions. She was awake, yes. But, she was trying to conserve her strength. She hoped that ANNE had somehow been able to notify Arrbi.... or she'd probably bee here a while. And that wasn't a thought she enjoyed overly much.

She sighed softly as he continued, feeling the remorse and anguish rolling off of him. It radiated from him. Even with her eyes closed she could hear it in his voice. It took effort for her to open her eyes. Feth, she didn't want to. And the light hurt. As if she'd been drinking too much. "It's not your fault...." she croaked, wincing at how weak her voice sounded. "Neither... of us knew... what would happene when we agreed to this." She sighed. "Though, I don't know as Arrbi would feel the same..."

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Betna had gotten the terse message from ANNE not long before. He'd followed the frequency as best he could, but for a while it was moving. Fearing the worst, he'd opted not to use the landspeeder and had instead grabbed one of the speeder bikes from the homestead's communal garage before cranking the bike's engine to full power and sending it whipping over the grass and out along the road. The wind whipped around his frame, sending his hair and tunic fluttering. In his haste, he'd forgone armor and instead wore only a holster with his revolver held snug inside.

He knew she had gone to speak with Draco, but didn't know much more than that. Hell, he really didn't know the other Protector all that well, but he'd seemed sincere and had done well working with the relatively small group of self appointed defenders of Mandalorian space. The fact that ANNE, Anija's suit AI, had sent the message meant that Anija couldn't. That meant she was either hurt badly or unconscious. She could have been attacked on the way to meet with Draco, but for some reason he didn't think that was the case. If she had, she'd have commed him immediately. That she didn't meant that she was attacked suddenly and up close.

All signs slowly but surely pointed to the same direction and as the signal stopped at it's destination, Betna kicked the bike to the maximum speed. The miles melted away, but Betna's thoughts raced. The clues led his mind to one destination and one destination only. There could only be one person responsible for it if Anija was injured - his mind refused to comprehend anything worse had happened to her - and despite the rage he felt, the cold and calculating part of his being said only one thing. A simple statement of reality. A concept that the universe would come to know as fact.

[member="Draco Vereen"] would die by his hands.

[member="Anija Ordo"]

I continued trying to explain what had happened, why I had snapped. What all had been buried in my mind, what was still trapped there, and what was going to happen if more came out. "I... I buried so much, and there is more. Things I remember, but I can't place them... I'm not sure what happened. All I know is seeing her... seeing her like that..." I stopped, almost sobbing. "Something in me snapped. I need... I need to find someone that can help me put the pieces back together." I said. I needed direction, purpose, and a goal. I might find that in my adopted child. I should find that in her, like I had found it in Chiasa to begin with.

Then she mentioned her husband. "You might have to make him." I said quietly. I hadn't thought about him. He had been the farthest thing from my mind. Right now only Maliha was on my mind. MY child. I had adopted her, and someone had blocked out her memory. Perhaps it was me when the bond I shared with Chiasa suddenly went dead. Perhaps someone else had done it. I didn't know, and I didn't really care right now. "I have a daughter, and if he thinks he is keeping me from her..." I paused. I didn't want to finish the sentence. I had already hurt Anija more than I had ever wanted to. More than I could have described. I didn't want to add to the pain that I had already caused. Even still, this Dragon still had fangs and would guard its horde with the all the ferocity and power at my disposal. "you will be a widow." I said solemnly. "Please deter him. I don't want to hurt your family anymore than I already have." I stayed sitting. Part of me hoped that being here with her might calm him long enough for her to explain.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

At his words, she frowned, and her hands fisted in the blankets which covered her. She understood what he was going through. She could feel it. But that was no excuse. "I do know of a few people who could help, but you have to be willing to LET them and calm enough for them to do so. If you aren't either.... it won't work."

She glared at him somewhat then, annoyed that he was so close after what had just happened. "You really think we'd try and tear a family apart? How little you know of us..." She glared daggers at him. "No one would dream of trying to keep you from your family, so don't even think for a moment that we would. And if you think for a minute that me trying to talk me Arrbi down after what just happened is going to work.... you're in for a surprise. You and I know it was an accident. Yes, I can try to explain. But you best be ready to take whatever his reaction is. And I swear to the Manda, if you hurt him like you have me... or worse, you best be prepared for the repercussions. That is not a threat, It is a fact."

The speeder bike raced through city streets and around corners. He was careful to avoid accidents and to stay as safe as possible, but slowed only when needed. The hospital loomed up ahead, the building seemingly at odds with the surroundings. The structure was modern and featured smooth walls and large, expansive windows. Around the building stood various shorter structures, each of stone or wood. It was a mix of the old versus the new, seemingly symbolic of the planet they stood upon.

Betna had no time to take in such sights, however. He slid the speeder bike to a stop at the door and stepped off. Before anyone could tell him otherwise, he was inside and prowling the halls. He bypassed the service desk entirely. He might not know the room number he needed, but the signal told him where his wife was.

He found the elevators and checked the signal before punching the proper number.

It took only a few moments to reach the proper floor, but they felt like hours. Hours trapped in a metal box. Hours of pent up rage and emotion. Had the lift been larger, he'd have paced from the rush of energy.

The doors opened with a small chime and Betna exited before the doors fully opened. He prowled down the hallway, one eye on the scanner while the other watched for threats. He doubted anyone would try to ambush him here, but it didn't hurt to stay aware. As the scanner told him that he was almost in top of the signal, he pocketed the device and drew his pistol. He wasn't sure what would be on the other side of the door, but stranger things had happened. He pushed the door open with his free hand and shifted into the room. It turned out he was right in his suspicions.

There, laying in the bed in the middle of the room, was his wife. She was hurt, bruised, and badly battered. Beside the bed was the only one who could have done such a thing to his wife, to his Anija. The pistol swept up and over, the barrel aimed at Draco's head. He didn't register the emotions at okay on the other man's face, only that the man was there and that he had to be responsible.

Turned out he'd walked into an ambush after all.

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

I nodded when she spoke. "I don't want to hurt any of you. I don't even know why I hurt you in the first place. What I do know is that I... I will do everything I can for my daughter. She needs me now since her mother passed. I will not have her become an Orphan. Period. If that means I have to stop him, because you can't or won't... then so be it. I don't know what will happen. This was not my plan for today. I will do everything I can, to help you, and you have offered to help me..." I stopped for a second. I could feel the man's presence approaching. He was worried, but he was also very angry. I had hoped that me being here would soothe the situation some. I wasn't an expert but normally an attacker didn't sit with his victim in the hospital waiting. "Now is your chance. He's here."

At first I thought maybe I should restrain him as quickly as possible, but I paused that thought. After the day's occurrences I didn't know if I could stop myself from seriously injuring him, or worse. And there was always his reputation as an excellent warrior. I doubted he would go down easy. Better to go for the peaceful resolution but be ready for the worst. I didn't have any non-lethal weapons on me... that would make things tricky. I was ready for battle, but I would prefer their not to be. I stayed sitting, waiting for him to enter, pulling the Force into me, empowering me as it had many times, in many battles. I sat, elbows braced on my knees, hunched over in the chair next to the bed, waiting.

He burst through the door, unarmored, and lightly armed. He had not come expecting combat, he had come for his wife. To be fair, I would have done the same if I had been given that chance. That chance had been stolen from me. Anger poured into the Force, but I stemmed its flow. I was angry still, but not at these two. At least not yet. I thought to reach for his mind in the Force. Other than mentally attacking him I didn't have a lot of options, and fewer still that might be considered peaceful. I poured my energy into a protection bubble, angled in his direction, and slightly away from Anija, to deflect anything he might fire off to the side, away from her, and me. With my proficiency in the skill, it may not absorb a sustained attack, but every little bit helps in situations like this. "I'm sorry." I decided on words. My voice wasn't mocking or insincere, but filled with regret and sorrow. They were not the best words, but they were all I could muster with the time I had as he was drawing his pistol and aiming for me.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

As Arrbi stepped into the room. Anija struggled to sit up. Feth it still hurt to move.... to breathe. But she could feel Arrbi in the room, and she had to do something. Trying to prop herself up on her elbow, she looked over at him through hooded eyes. "Arr''ika..... Draco.... I know what both of you must be feeling right now. But you both need to listen to me. I know you're both Angry, but fething stop and think. Violence isn't always the answer. Can you try and talk this out please? I'd rather not pay for damages to the hospital.." Anija turned a look at Draco then, shoving at him lightly with the Force. "Look at you... full armor and shields against a man with nothing more than a pistol. If you are going to fight... at least do it on even terms..."

It had been nearly a year ago when a small group of Mandalorians selfless offered to set out on an uncertain journey fraught with danger, all to save a life, her life. It was a kindness that Coryth full well intended to repay, because of these very people and their assistance in the first leg of that long journey, the tiny woman was still alive today. It was a kindness that the little one fully intended to repay. Which left her volunteering in hospitals all across Mandalorian space.

Just outside the capital, in a hospital there, a chart was soon passed to her as she came in on her shift. There was a note left behind just for Coryth, that this particular patient could benefit from Force Healing, which was why Cory was here in the first place. Still, she needed to gather a few things before she headed up to the patient's room. Stepping into the supply room, she gathered up a few items, a fresh bag of IV fluids, pain medications that were due, a sedative, and more than a few bacta patches so she could change the dressings. Now if only she knew what she was about to walk in on.

As the petite Master moved through the hallways, getting closer to her patient a wave of powerful emotions hit her like a brick wall. For a second she stopped, took a deep breath and lifted a few more defenses into place to keep her natural Empathy in check. Boy, this is not going to be fun... The tension in the air could be cut with a knife, so heavy and thick. Three people she could sense. One was badly hurt, that one undoubtedly her patient, and two others - one who could be described as really pissed off, and another who felt cornered. This was not good.

Slowly, carefully Coryth knocked twice on the door. There was no way in the seven hells that she was just going to open that door without at least some way of announcing herself first. That sounded like a good way to get shot. Coryth waited all of about a minute before she actually opened the door. And then suddenly it made sense why tension had been so heavy, the emotions so high.

"Why don't we start by at least start by calmly putting the weapon away, both of you standing down, and taking a breath. So that I can get to my patient and do my job, without being in the line of fire. As I imagine you both would like to see her in one piece, and back on her feet, yes?" The tiny Jedi Master said calmly as she stepped inside, shuffling the supplies in her arms. A part of her wished she had carried less, so her saber was more accessible on her belt. Even then she was still extremely squishy even on her best days. Lastly, she had not a speck of armor to speak of. Healers after all didn't wear armor in hospitals. So should she need to get involved, it wasn't going to end well for her.

[member="Anija Ordo"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] | [member="Arrbi Betna"]

The .44 didn't waver as Betna kept it leveled at Draco's head. He wanted so badly to pull the trigger and solve what he perceived to be the problem. To end the life of who had hurt his beloved. But to fire here in such close quarters was dangerous. He'd aim for the throat, relying on the slug to penetrate or to at least crush the windpipe, if not knock the air out of the armored man. The problem was if he missed or if the armor stopped the bullet. Where would the round go?

Instead, Betna kept the weapon trained and waited for the opportune moment. Distantly, a part of himself heard his wife talking to him. Telling him to calm down. Telling him to stop and think. Another part of him heard what could only be the nurse speaking. She echoed his wife, telling him to lower the weapon and stop. But Betna couldn't stop. Not right now. He needed answers. From there he would decide whether to take or spare the life before him.

A hard, metallic click resonated around the small room as he worked the hammer back on his revolver.

"Ye have..." Betna said, his voice thickly betraying the lilting accent that showed itself when he was stressed, hurt, or angered. He glanced at the clock behind Draco's head as the timepiece ticked away. "Ten seconds t' explain t' me what th' Hell happened and why me wife is in a hospital bed."

[member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

The words of the two women were wise, probably the only wise things that had been said today, but they weren't currently controlling the situation. The man with the gun was in control of this situation, and he wasn't calming down. My own thoughts and reasoning had been far from his own. I could tell he expected this was an ambush or something of the sort, quite the opposite of what I had intended to portray by remaining by Anija's side.

The click of a hammer being cocked sent my Force Sense into spiral. Combat was imminent, danger right in front of me. All I could think was drop him, get out, go find Maliha, over and over again in my mind. The Commando, Arrbi, wasn't having this talk it out thing I had hoped for. Ten Seconds was hardly enough for me to arrange my thoughts of what had happened, and being blunt would only escalate this situation. I had two choices. I could keep waiting, hoping Anija could explain better than me, or I could restrain him and explain it from a position of power. There were issues with both plans. The first was I would almost certainly be shot at, if not actually shot. The second was that it would be unlikely to actually mean anything if I attacked him. If I wanted to walk away from this, especially with Anija and Coryth having joined in, the unknown being the healer, I needed to be reactionary.

A voice echoed in my mind, <Our Family>. It was my own voice. It was the promise I had made that I would protect Maliha at all costs, I would destroy any who sought to harm her, and decimate any that sought to separate us. My mind flooded with memories of the infant, of her giggling and of a dark, unknown voice, one I had not heard before. <You will never see them again, because you failed. You Lied.> "No." the sound coming from my own mouth as anger, sorrow, and grief poured into the Force around me. "It was an accident. I don't know what happened. Something snapped, and all I know is I didn't want it to happen." I was preparing, muscles tensing, the cybernetics that enhanced them ready, geared to go. If he fired I would be moving by the time he pulled the trigger. Even a slightly moved target would be harder for him, and as I would be rising he would have to react quickly. At this range he wouldn't get more than two shots off before I was upon him. With my Force Sense latched on him, seeking his intentions I might have a split second notice before he started, then another fraction of a second before the bullet fired. After that it was up to the Protection bubble I had conjured and my armor to defend me long enough to get to him. After that, it would be a fight.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

Well...feth.. Anija's gaze snapped upwards as she heard the hammer click back as Arrbi prepared to fire. It felt as if time slowed to a crawl. This was not going to end well. Her gaze slid sideways to the short redhead who had entered just after Arrbi, and Anija relaxed if only slightly. That woman was a Jedi. Short she might be, but her power in the Force blazed like a beacon. And she radiated calm purpose. That was what she needed right now. Calm.....

There were times... she really wanted to deck Ember for his chosen method of teaching. But it had been very effective. He'd taught her how to focus amid distraction. And, all the strong emotions being raidiated into the Force made her head hurt for a moment. She took a deep breath, and gave Coryth a welcoming nod and a hesitant smile before she turned her attention to the standoff in the middle of the room. That was her main concern.

Gritting her teach, she pushed herself to a sitting position. Instantly, she regretted it... .but right now, that was the least of her concerns. Chewing her lower lip for a moment, she found her gaze drawn to Arrbi, his gaze unwavering as he held the pistol to Draco's head. But, he held the shot. And as she studied his angle, and where Draco was sitting she began to see why. She might not be able to sense his thoughts directly, but she could sense his emotions, and with the intensity of emotion from both men she had to take a few more calming breaths.

Drawing on the Force, and her experiences which had earned her the rank for Field Marshal, she looked at Arrbi, catching his eye. Feth, it made her chest constrict as she saw the look on his face. "You don't want to discharge that weapon in here..." she said firmly, an edge of command to her voice. It was a tone she rarely used. And then her gaze slid to Draco. He was still seated near the foot of the bed. And he'd been there since he brought her in.

Her stomach twisted, but her gaze did not relent as she pinned him with a look... which seemed to drill right through him, and stare into his soul. He made no secret of what he was feeling now. "I know you want to find your family.... but is this really the only answer? More violence? Look at all violence has caused for you. Do you want that to continue? What about your family. Do you want that to affect her... knowing that you have the blood of a man on your hands who was just trying to protect his family?"

She did not break eye contact. "If you don't stop now.. this cycle will just continue. And then... she could be left with no one.... or you will have to live with the knowledge that you killed a man who was only doing what you are trying to do yourself. Save his family. The choice is yours. Act, and live with the actions and the consequences it could have for her. Or... stop and let us help each other. We have the same goal."

The situation, unfortunately was getting worse not better. Hearing that all too familiar click, Coryth breathed in slowly, doing everything she could to keep calm. The situation depended on that. She spared a knowing glance to Anija and sighed as she set the supplies and the chart on the bedside table. Spinning on her heels she quickly crossed the room and placed herself directly between the two men.

A part of her felt that confusion, anger, grief and so much pain poured into the force from Draco behind her. And right then she didn't even bother to look back. No, her attention was keenly focused on Arrbi in front of her. "I will not ask you again, put the weapon down or I will take it from you."

Only now did she spare a glance to Draco, "And you, don't inch from that spot, and for the love of all that is holy, don't draw a weapon." Coryth's voice was soft, quiet calm, but still held a tone that spoke volumes that she was not messing around at this point. Coryth meant business. This had to stop, before multiple people ended up hurt or worse.

Her attention again turned to Arrbi. "You fire a shot in here and the likely result would be a ricochet into one of us not wearing armor. That includes me, and your wife. While I understand your anger, that would be a most unwise move." She said coolly. "And it will be far easier for him to sort his thoughts out and better explain the situation if there isn't a weapon pointed his direction, don't you think?" Another sigh left her lips, "I really need to heal your wife, and I can't do that under the current circumstances. You have to stand down, so I can help you both. So we can figure this out, together." It was then that Coryth reached out into the force, drawing upon its infinite powers to bring a sense of calmness and safety into the room, anything to try and bring the tension down a notch or six.

"Please, lower the weapon. I will not ask again. Listen to your wife. Listen to me. Because I'm not moving, until that happens. I can't help her, until you do that. You have to make a choice right now. If push comes to shove, I'm going to do what I have to, to protect every life in this room, regardless of what they have done. So choose wisely." Already, she was preparing, just in case pulling at the strands of the Force to make a protective bubble around herself if needs be. Though she hoped that truly would not be needed here and now. She truly hoped he'd see reason enough to stand down for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNktNA25OC8​

The barrel of the weapon lowered almost imperceptibly. It was a mere fraction of a movement, millimeters at best. He heard the words of the healer and those of his wife, but it was the words Draco had spoken that had caught his attention.

No, not words. It was a word he'd spoken. It was how he'd spoken it. He'd not been speaking to Betna, at least not fully. Arrbi had seen that once before. It was on a planet far from here during a war that still smoldered upon the galaxy, flaring up here and there on occasion. It had been the spark of that conflict for the Mandalorians, the telltale flicker of flame in the darkness that had resulted in the battle of Empress Teta.

He'd seen the eyes of the one afflicted, seen the pain hidden away there deep, deep behind the thing controlling the puppet. Ordo had been possessed by the Dark Lord of the Sith and had been forced into actions that were not his own, made to think other than his own thoughts. Made to be other than his own man. While Draco did not appear possessed to such an extent, or possessed even at all, something was at work. Something similar to what had happened to Ordo. Perhaps nothing to such an extent, but someone had touched his mind or soul. Somehow. He didn't know what had been done, only... that something had occurred.

"<It's like Ordo>," he said suddenly to his wife, speaking in Mando'a out of habit. The anger was still in his voice, making the already harsh language even harder, but this was the anger of frustration, not of vengeance. "<But not fully. Not exactly. What did this? What's going on?>"

[member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

Cor, totally not ignoring you, just Betna's really focused on Anija and Draco at the moment ^^;

When the pistol lowered I sat back, easing slowly into a less tense position. It seems the timely arrival of the healer had saved this man's life, and possibly my own. I nodded to her wisdom and tried to relax, but the weapon was still out and my danger sense was still buzzing. Over and over again in my mind I kept hearing a voice, Kill Him, get Maliha, go to ground. It took effort not to act on those thoughts, and certainly my distress was being picked up by the other two Force Users in the room. I could hear the shadowy female voice occasionally echo in the background of my thoughts now <You have always been weak my Dragon. You could not save me. You will not save our Daughter.> The voice was wrong. It was not the sweet purr of Chiasa's actual voice but filled with venom, cutting at my heart each time it echoed through my mind. The memories of the things I had done while blacked out were apparent, but seemed not my own. I knew without a doubt I had been the one that hurt Anija, but I couldn't remember why I had wanted to at the time. I extended the Protection Bubble outward, covering Anija some.

I turned my attention to Anija, "I would burn a whole world to see her safe in my arms again. The only thing stopping me is that her mother wouldn't want such a man raising our child." I said quietly and calmly. I was fairly sure that was how most fathers felt when their children were in danger or missing. Destroy whatever it takes to get them back and safe. But I was also sure that I was right. Chiasa would not approve of me raising our child with such a mindset. I lowered my head, looking at the ground a little embarassed, "But I know that is not right." My eyes still towards the ground i spoke again, "Thank you ma'am for coming. Please help her. She needs it after what I did to her."

For a moment I was quiet, thinking that was enough. It was. Arrbi would want time alone with his wife, and my presence wouldn't be welcomed here for much longer so I stood. "I have somewhere else to be. Move." I told him, my voice firm. I was going. Nar Shaddaa was calling my name. It was time, after these past few weeks to go find Maliha.

[member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Arrbi Betna"]

As the Jedi entered the room and spoke, Anija's eyes widened. There was such calm, and yet quiet authority in her words. if Anija had been more able to do something herself, she would have. As it was, it took all of her willpower to stay upright in the bed. And her strength to remain so was waning quickly. As Coryth spoke again and suddenly stepped between the two men, Anija felt her heart leap into her throat.

She bit her lip, and kept her gaze locked on Arrbi. When she saw his .44 lower, even just little, she relaxed a bit and took a deep breath. The sheer amount of pain, grief, and anger bleeding into the Force from all three of them made her head swim. Taking a deep breath, she felt her fingers curling into fists in the blanket which covered her legs. Slow, deep breaths as she kept her attention focused on Arrbi. When he spoke, the guttural words in Mando'a, her eyes widened. 'Like Ordo..'

The thought caused her mouth to go dry, and she paled slightly as she came to the same conclusion. Sparing an apologetic look towards Coryth, Anija shrugged slightly - and then promptly winced before she took a breath, and replied in kind, her gaze sliding to Draco. "<His.... riduur. Someone killed her...>" she said softly. "<I'm not clear on the details. Something during our sparring earlier triggered memories of it... and he lashed out at me with the Force... Something... made him think I was the one who had done it...>"

She winced again. "<He... force his way into my mind... and made me relive a memory.... from Keldabe.>" Anija knew Arrbi would make the connection to what she meant. That particular incident was one she didn't want to relive again... ever. Her gaze slid back to Arrbi, "<He... also attacked me with Force Lightning...>" That was clear enough from the burns across her face and chest. Finally, she laid back as carefully as she could manage, not really having the strength to sit up anymore.

\When Draco stood up, However, her gaze snapped upwards, and she stared at the back of his head. "<And you think you can just... walk away after everything...?>" Sure, she knew Arrbi would want time with her... but she wasn't about to let Draco just... walk away. There had to be some sort of cosequences for his actions.

Coryth had noticed the slight lowering of the weapon but still wasn't moving. Not yet at least. Draco would have to be out of the room or the weapon put away before she could actually breathe a sigh of relief. Hearing him speak, she only frowned, frustrations growing slightly at a lack of understanding.

She moved slowly a single hand, shoving it into one of into her hip pocket to withdraw a small crystal. It had been a gift, a much needed one at the time for the wandering healer. While it didn't let her speak another language it at least gave her some understanding of what was being said as long as she concentrated on both the force and the words. It was not something she had out in time to give her understanding of Arrbi's words.

Draco's distress was hard to miss but right then in her mind there were more important issues at hand. There was the gun still out, and Anija was far more injured. Her mind stuck to keeping priorities first, and unfortunately other than keeping Draco alive and deescalating the situation he simply wasn't at the top of the list.
Not only that but as much as she wanted to help figure things out, there was a limit to her involvement and frankly that meant not pissing off the guy who happened to have the force, was significantly larger than her, much much more heavily armed and was wearing armor. That just seemed like a bad idea to the diminutive redhead. Especially in such close quarters with tensions so high.

Now when Anija spoke the words at least came through and Coryth found herself less frustrated, and at least was gaining some understanding of the words being spoken. It was a situation she didn't like to hear, but for the time being there was little Cory could truly do about. She did cringe hearing the last words from Anija. A part of her had hoped she'd just let him walk away for now.

Her attention turned back to Arrbi, "Please, put the weapon away." He had at least lowered it, so there was little need to take it from him. Though if truth be told, that might have been easier. "For now." Beyond this, she only stepped forward a little closer, leaving Draco plenty of room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1NFg9njuYQ​

Betna stood silently a moment more, his mind a roiling ocean of thoughts and emotions hidden behind the locked cage that was the oil-slick outer surface of his mind, a courtesy of his skill of dissembling; of hiding his own thoughts and intentions. It was as natural to him as breathing at this point and had saved his life on more than one occasion. Now, though, he used it as a screen, a blind, to think for a bare moment or two to himself.

Suddenly, without warning, the pistol blurred. It spun on his finger as he holstered the weapon. He did so not out of a wish to show off, but precaution. Were Draco to charge him the moment the barrel wavered off, Betna could still catch the barrel by the hand and use the weapon as an improvised club. Thankfully, when leather met pistol, nothing had happened.

He lifted his hand once more, though instead of the barrel of a weapon, Betna's finger jabbed towards Draco.

"You and I," he said, his voice still angry, but the emotion wasn't directed at Draco. "Outside. Now. We need to talk. And I mean talk, not 'talk'. You have some explaining to do before we go and rescue your daughter."

Betna turned and looked at the healer, doing his best to mask the pain in his own eyes; the pain he refused to let Draco or Anija see.

"Take care of her for a moment, please?" he asked as politely as his emotional state would allow. "I'll be back shortly."

[member="Anija Ordo"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

I wasn't yet fluent in Mando'a, and when spoken conversationally I had trouble picking it all up. Mainly because people who were fluent rattled it off and I was still learning the language. Basic was my primary language so Mando'a was a far bit different. Even Still I caught the gist of what was going on around me through the Force. Arrbi was still angry, Anija was getting angry again, and the Healer just wanted to heal her friend. At this point I was outnumbered, even if Anija wouldn't be much help Arrbi and the Jedi healer would be an issue if I had to fight my way out. Already I was scaling through strategy to do so without killing either of them. Then Arrbi spoke. He said something I didn't expect from him. I had expected him to lash out quickly and be beligerent, but he was calming down, at least he was coming around that us killing each other was a bad plan.

I nodded to him, "Alright, I can wait for a moment then." I turned my attention to Anija giving her a slight look of sorrow and regret, echoing these feelings in the Force before I began to walk out. As I passed the healer I nodded and paused in front of her for a momen. "Thank you." I said softly, almost a whisper before continuing on. Part of me wanted to properly thank the petite woman, or hug her, but I didn't want to break down any further than I had already. Once I was outside the room I turned to wait on Arrbi. He had said he wanted to talk, but I wasn't convinced, so I was ready for a fight if need be. Quick, as painless as possible. Plan was ready, all i needed to do was execute it if he made the first move. I was bigger than him by a lot, and I was stronger than him by a lot, so a fist fight with me in armor and him in a tunic wasn't going to end well.

"Go ahead. Ask. I don't remember much. All I remember is one second we were sparring, the next she touched my mind, then I couldn't remember who she was or what we were doing. Only that I was angry, we were fighting, and the images of my wife dead in our bed flooding my thoughts. I lashed out, I came to when i remembered something my wife had shared with me. Basically I had become her nightmare and it snapped me back. This wasn't the first time I have blacked out." I paused. He probably didn't need to know details about what I could remember about the other times.

[member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Anija Ordo"]

As Coryth - as the woman's nametag read - spoke, Anija sighed. The redhead was right, of course. Laying back and gritting her teeth against the pain - both physical and emotional, Anija let out a soft curse. She just wanted it all to be over. But she knew it wouldn't be that simple. her gaze was drawn to Arrbi as the healer spoke to him and Draco. Anija's eyes widened when she saw him holster his 44. Dissembling or no, she could see the strength of emotion he was feeling from his stance and the set of his shoulders. Draco didn't say much, but the sense she got from him of remourse and sorrow for his actions... she took a deep breath and closed her eyes at the strength of it.

As Arrbi turned and left the room with Draco, she sagged back against the pillows. So much intense emotion had been floating around the room it made her physically ache. Out in the hall, she could faintly hear Draco talking. But for now, she paid it no mind. As hurt as she was, that was the least of her concerns for now. She simply laid there for several seconds, trying to find her calm center. this intensity of emotion certainly wasn't helping matters. When she felt calmer,. she opened her eyes and met Coryth's gaze. "I'm sorry for that..." she said softly in basic. As she spoke, one adept in the Force would feel the ripples of pain she was striving to hold back. She'd tried desperately to appear strong for Arrbi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom