Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pick. Pop. Pocket.

Though drowsy, Mito's ears pricked up in surprise. Her head cocked to the side as she looked up at him.

"You are offering me a ride.... to the Market on Thyrsus?"

When he nodded she jumped up, an excited spin in the air- which she almost immediately regretted with such a full stomach and almost immediately plopped back down with a small groan and a paw going to there. Maybe ONE peanut too many for that. She would have to remember. But they had been so good.

"That would be very good, thank you!"

Did that mean Mito wouldn't steal from him?

No.

It wasn't personal but no.

"I have to give you something for the ride," she said, in a tone that brooked no argument. "I will think of something good, yes?"

Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham

A laugh there at her enthusiasm.

If there had been any shred of doubt? That did it. This little creature was infectious.

"Then sure! We will travel together." Extending his pinky towards her. His whole hand would be ridiculous, but Wynter firmly believed that a proper shake was crucial when coming to an agreement. "Oh, yeah, sure! No rush on it. We will have a few stops to make- refuel and the sort, anyway." Plenty of time for her to scrounge something up.

Hey.

He understood her completely.

You couldn't let yourself be indebted to someone for too long. The sooner you could load that off? The better for everyone involved.

"You want to take a look at mah ship then?"

Starting to rise there. Honestly, Wyn had been planning on a few more beers, but the only thing that brought was a headache the next day. Probably better this way. Maybe have a nip of whisky before bed. Would probably be just as well.

Koushou Mito Koushou Mito

She reached out, bapping the back of her paw against the back of his pinky. Perhaps not the shake he was looking for but a social equivalent at the very least.

But when he suggested taking a look at his ship now, she offered a small, unintended, groan. All she wanted to do right now was NAP but she couldn't do it here anyway now could she? Her stomach hurt a little from eating too many peanuts and she just wanted to sleep it off.

She ALSO didn't want him to change his mind however. Take the chances that came your way, right? Not having to find a freighter to stow away on saved her days worth of work and opened that time up to padding her offerings for the market.

Slowly she got back to her feet- the jump up before had definitely been poorly thought out (i.e. not at all). "Let's go see your ship!" Picking up her sack, she slung it over her shoulder. Now slightly overfull it shifted her balance and she had to step to the side to compensate for a moment before settling it across her back. She peered over the edge of the table, debating the best way down.

The bap was unexpected, but not unwelcome.

Bemused expression at the groan.

It was clearly a tugging struggle for the little creature. Eventually it seemed one side won out. Which was just as well, because Wynter figured it would have been difficult to connect otherwise the next day. Mito was cute, but also rather scatter-minded. At least if his first impression was correct. It wouldn't have surprised him if she forgot completely about it without reminder.

But maybe that was not charitable of him.

"Let's do... that..." Watching her peering over the edge. Again bemused expression there. "Um. Mito?"

Rising up there and extending his hand. Palm upwards.

"Climb on, if you want? Pretty sure it will be way less exhausting if you let me do the walking this time."

He was right, really.

If they didn't do this now, Mito might forget. Or second guess. Or a million other things that the small creature was prone to besides actually doing what was agreed. If we were being honest?

That still might happen.

For now though, knowing where his ship was and the general benefit of meaning she wouldn't have to go hunt down another ship was a strong indicator that was unlikely. Not impossible. But unlikely.

Small dark eyes regarded his hand for a moment, then up to his face, then back to his hand.

"If you grab me again I will bite you," she warned, as if it were any real sort of threat to him. And then, gingerly, she climbed onto his hand, holding tightly to her sack. She balanced carefully on her hind legs on his palm.

"I never grab a lady after she told me not to." Wynter murmured there, before inclining his head.

After that?

He'd move his hand (carefully) to his shoulder. "Wanna sit on my shoulder or?" This was a first for him. He had no idea what would be more comfortable for Mito, so he'd have to take her word for it. Once they figure out the sitting position he'd get out of the bar however. Past the counter, a couple of chits were dropped. Enough for a tip and to pay his tab.

Plenty.

Then out the door and there Wyn paused.

"Was going to ask ya if dis looks different to ya, but I figure ya used to run along pipes and roofs, aye?" Maybe he sounded just a little bit envious, but most definitely impressed.

It would be ace if he could do it too.

Definitely would help with running away from things.

After that Wynter set off to the docking bays. It would be a moderate walk. Most definitely quicker than if Mito would have had to walk on her own though.

If it was possible for a 9 centimeter tall sentient mouse to look nonplussed, Mito did now.

"Well, that's good and all, but I'm telling you."

That was great for ladies, but what about everyone else? Mito shook her head and muttered something under her breath.

She braced and balanced as he moved his hand up, then scampered up onto his shoulder, little claws digging lightly into the cloth of his shirt before finding a comfortable vantage point. She reached out to get a grip on his collar with one paw, peering up and around as they started walking.

"High, low, sometimes I hitch rides on people's belts or packs for a minute before they notice. I like high better than low for not being stepped on, but low better than high for not being noticed. Unless its REALLY HIGH because none of you tall species ever think to look UP."

Mito chattered on amiably as they walked.

"Me? I gotta look up. Always a shoe about to come down or a hungry cat or a door about to close on my tail. What do you call a Nezumi that doesn't look up?"

In the tone of a joke or a riddle.

A pause there.

Then an oh.

"I apologize I thought you were of the female persuasion, but if I was wrong that is my bad." Wynter said with the suitable amount of concern. If Koushou Mito Koushou Mito thought she was getting out of this easily? She was very wrong. "Either way. I won't, I promise." Nodding there firmly. Because no, it didn't matter which gender the maus was.

That had just been a flirty remark.

"Um."

A pause at her joke. Trying to think of a response there, before brightening up. "A meal?" It was kind of a grim joke, riddle, but Wynter assumed that the average Nezumi was very much used to getting stepped on.

A part of life, rather than a horrific possibility.

They arrived to the Undoubtedly rather quickly. Since they didn't need to run around buildings, vault or climb. They could just wander over there. The cargo bay already opened up for them. He stepped on the ramp and then paused. "Well, this is it. You wanna go explore?" A stretch there. "I could use some tea, so we could meet back at the bay, once you are done."

Tours were okay.

But Wynter wanted to get some more whisky into him and then some good liquid.

"Of the female persu- I'm a girl if that's what you mean."

"Well, yes, hence calling you a lady a little bit ago." A wink there.

Mito snorted. It was small and high pitched.

"No, Lady is a TYPE of girl. Fancy. Floofy. Well, okay I'm FLUFFY but that's different. I'm a girl but I ain't no LADY."

Mito had a very clear idea in her head about what lady meant and it sure wasn't her. She'd watched a lot of holoflicks after all.

A pause there, before nodding slowly. "That.... is fair, I reckon. It was meant in a complimentary way."

"Oh. Well. Thank you?"

Mito wasn't particularly used to compliments. Usually it was STOP THIEF or EW A MOUSE if she was being honest. Sometimes a 'what IS that?' with a shoe thrown at her. She didn't really know how to handle them. Except for when people swooned over how 'cute' she was. That just made her mad.

"I was going to say flat!" She said cheerfully. "But a meal works too."

Her humor left something to be desired as well apparently. As far as she was concerned if she couldn't joke about nearly constantly dying underfoot, what was the POINT. Not all Nezumi saw it that way however. Mito wasn't super popular back home for more reasons than one.

Once they got to his ship? She was feeling a bit more rested (and digested) and went zipping down his side, pausing to look around at his belt, and then zipping down the outside of his leg before pausing there on her hind legs, nose in the air, ears up and pivoting as she took it in. She glanced around- noted a little nook, and scampered over. It required both hands and both feet for her to shove her sack into the nook and shift something so it wasn't noticeable. Caching was an important part of life!

Also the bag was heavy and near to bursting at the seems as it was.

"Sure!" Once that was accomplished and without further ado Mito went scampering off to explore.

Not at all to case the joint.

No. Of course not.

(Yes.)

"You're quite welcome." Wyn responded with bemusement.

She was a strange creature.

Then again, he had never met a Nezumi before, so maybe they were all like this? Which was a pretty speciest thing to think. He was only a human sadly, don't think too badly of him. By the time they stepped inside she went a-running. Even more bemusement. A shake of his head, before he casually walked on over to the little kitchen nook.

It wasn't much.

But it would be good to maybe pour some tea. Oh, it was getting late, sure. Some mild tea without caffeine in it. Maybe a biscuit. It would be great, he knew that already.

That's where Koushou Mito Koushou Mito would find him, when she was done.

Two tea cups full. A couple of biscuits on her plate and some on his. "And, liked what you saw?" Wyn asked lightly, once he noticed her arrival to the kitchen.

The only thing that prevented her from sticking things into her sack was that her sack was FULL and she was very tired. The idea of sorting through what she'd already 'found' to switch things out just seemed like an awful lot of work at this point. But she made notes of particularly valuable (i.e. shiny or tasty) things, and eventually found herself in the galley.

Small to him but everything was big to Mito.

"It's a very nice ship full of very nice things!" She pipped before scampering across the floor and zipping up the leg of the table. A bit more spry again after walking off some of those peanuts.

It also meant that Mito had room for cookies.

Honestly, even if she'd still been as full as she was when they left, she'd have found a way to make room for cookies.

Popping up on her hind legs, she grabbed one and started to nibble.

"Wafs dat?" Gesturing to the steaming cup next to the plate that she had assumed (correctly) was for her.

A laugh there.

"Well, I am glad you approve of the stuff I got." A liiiittle bit of a suspicious glance there at her. Mostly because of the way they met. Sure, it was probably a one time thing. Now they weren't strangers anymore. Did a stripped cat ever change its colors? Did a maus? Then again, Wynter had never changed himself, so it was probably just naivety at this point.

Stretching there as he sighed contently.

Sipping from his tea.

This was the good life, really. A few drinks, some bite, then chatting with some pleasant company. Could it really get any better than that? "Won't be a straight trip to Thyrsus tho. Got a refueling spot in between, was also thinking of having some parts swapped out. Shouldn't take more than a few days to get there though."

Wynter didn't expect her to ask after the tea.

"Oh... well, that's Sunrise Tatooine. Very nice blend." A pause. Then adding for good measure. "It's a light tea, good before bed, nice on the taste."

Looking at the cup and then at her.

"Do you... need a spoon or something?"

Oh, it was absolutely not a one time thing.

Unattended objects would not be safe.

Ever.

"Dafts oday," with her mouthful of cookie. A swallow. "I like traveling to new places!"

More things to look at and honestly, to steal. A bigger variety of things to trade. The market didn't last just one day, so there was really no rush at all.

When he said the type of tea, Mito just blinked vacantly at him. She opened her mouth to tell him that CLEARLY was a hot liquid and not a sunrise on Tatooine and she absolutely wasn't falling for that- and then he clarified it was TEA and she let out a small 'oh'. So it was the KIND of tea. Not that Mito had ever had tea.

She leaned in slightly, giving it a good sniff.

"Maybe a thimble? Or a toothpaste cap?" A spoon wouldn't help much, the cup was just clearly too big. "Is it like caf?" Both interested but also dubious. Mito liked caf. As it happened, she liked it a lot. But sometimes being on caf was STRANGE and almost too MUCH.

A caffeinated Mito was a sight to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom