Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pick. Pop. Pocket.

Bespin
Talmar Bar and Tapcafe​

Mito had bailed on Bespin for a bit. Things had gotten a bit messy in a way that was uncomfortable for the tiny Nezumi and it had been time to bounce while things got sorted back out. Enough time for them to get the tilts and billowing smoke under control. No more cauf cauf hack every time she breathed. That was not the life Mito was about so off on a little vacation (which had gone odder than usual, and let's be honest, Mito was accustomed to odd) and now she was back. Doing what she liked best.

Stealing things from other people.

She made her rounds. Every day somewhere new. She'd pick a person or droid and ride a shoe to a new location, or maybe close her eyes and scamper through the vents until something caught her ear. Today? She'd ridden an R4 unit into the Talmar Bar and Tapcafe, jumping off to scurry under a table and consider as soon as they came through the door. No one had seen her, so that was good. First rule, don't get seen! Second rule?

Don't get caught!

Mito was about to break that rule, she just didn't know it yet.

Carefully, she dodged from table to table, nose in the air and sniffing. Looking for someone with a heavy enough alcohol smell to be (hopefully) deep enough into their cups to not notice a mouse rifling through their pocket. Finding a likely individual, Mito looked around before carefully creeping up the back of the chair. Just to pocket height. Then, slowly, carefully, starting to reach in.

Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham

Koushou Mito Koushou Mito

Tough days after that terrorist attack.

Oh, they survived, sure. That should have been the end of it. Instead? They continued to press-gang him into action. Pour water on more fires. Here, there, everywhere.

Like the moment they managed to deputize him?

Couldn't let him go.

This was the first day in a while he could just sit down. Have a drink. Not worry about any sort of mess. Even still Wynter knew he couldn't drink too much. There would be another fire tomorrow. Again something to blush. The fact that someone spilled a glass of whisky over him too? Well, that just topped off a chitty week at this point.

He sipped.

Ruffle ruffle. Scritch. Zip.

Head tilted there.... and then his hand zipped out. It was a good thing he was a quick draw. Unless Mito was even faster? He'd catch her in his hand. "You know it is kinda rude to rummage around in someone else's pocket, right?"

Smells were smells. Smells didn't lie. Smells could be trusted.

Except, of course, when they couldn't be.

Almost fast enough. But her nose was already in his pocket so as she turned tail to run, well-

An insulted squeak as his hand closed around her tail. Damn her tail. She was both so proud of it and yet it got her into trouble everywhere she went. If she were a scootch less vain she would keep it wrapped around her waist like a belt. Instead he caught her by it and she still tried to scamper off despite that, causing her to reach the end and have her whole body snap like elastic back against his hand.

"It's rude to grab people without asking too!"

Which of course was absurd, since she'd just been nose deep in his pocket.

Wyn wasn't sure what to expect.

Okay, a maus, but it... he.... she ... talked?

Why was he surprised about that? This was a weird Galaxy. Sentients came in many shapes and sizes. It really shouldn't. Still, part of him was, because it felt right out of a fairy tale. Sure. A big arse talking lizard that could rip you in half. A smol maus that was pick pocketing? No, that just seemed a bit too cute and fantastical.

"Okay, that's true." Wyn conceded as he dangled Mito in the air by her tail. "But I think an exception can be made, when you find said person grabbing around in your pocket."

Not letting go just yet.

Brows furrowed as he watched her.

"You are cute, dashing clothes too, very Rim-stylish. But why were you pick pocketing me?"

When he lifted her up by her tail?

Small, high yelp. Upended and hanging upside down as he dangled her in the air. Adding injury to insult, it HURT and Mito wasn't a particular proponent of self control or anything of the sort. She swung at him reflexively- little paws flying through the air and making contact with his nose as he held her up for that closer look.

BAP

Which sent her spinning around in the opposite direction. And made her yelp again.

"Owowowow! Putmedownputmedown!"

Starting to flail there.

BAP

A blink.

Little fist had twapped him in the nose, which made him twitch it a little. Brows furrowed concerned as he changed his grip away from her tail to instead settle around her core. "Oh, sorry, should have realized that was sensitive. You okay?" Because, yeah sure, he could put her down. Then she'd probably zip-zip straight outta there.

Which.

Well, it wasn't like Mito had taken anything. It was the principle of the matter however.

"But yeah, do you just go around pick-pocketing people for a living?"

That was honestly cool, if that was the case. A pickpocket maus. Zipping around and stealing from people, while they didn't look. That was less fairy tale and more hardcore fiction.

He'd read that.

As soon as his hand curled around her body?

She bit him.

Sharp little teeth right into the sensitive spot between his thumb and pointer finger.

Tumbling down to the table top when he promptly dropped her, landing on her rump and bouncing once before leaping right up and shaking a finger at him.

"We are not toys! Just because something is smaller than you doesn't give you the right to treat us like things or-or-or a pet!"

Mito was furious and it showed in the way her fur was all fluffed out and her ears laid back all the way against her head. Also the rapidly shaking, scolding finger wagging at him. Yes, it was perhaps hard to take a 9 centimeter tall sentient seriously, especially with a voice pitched as high as hers was, but there was no doubt that the little Nezumi in front of him was positively fuming.

Mad enough not to run.

"It is rude and presumptuous and insulting! Just because we are small does not mean that we do not deserve all of the same rights you would give to someone your own size."

Starting to brush off and straight out her cape.

"To answer your question, yes. That is what I do. My sack-"

Scampering over to the edge of the table and peering over the edge. It had fallen to the floor in the scuffle.

A soft ow and reflexively Wynter let go of her.

It wasn't even that painful. A glance to his hand, the clear red spot there... okay, so maybe it was painful. The teeth on this maus was something else. That being said? Once she started waggling her finger and positively fuming? Wynter started feeling a bit bad. Because for one? It was a hilarious sight. She was super cute.

Which only made him feel worse, because clearly the maus was upset.

"Hey, I am sorry, you are absolutely right. I won't do it again." Hands raised in supplication, before she answered his question. About to respond but she suddenly realized her sack had fallen over the edge.

"Oh."

Peering with her over the edge.

Then- leaning down and picking it up carefully, making sure nothing tumbled out of it. Only then neatly placing it next to her. "There. Peace? I didn't mean to upset you." There finally a bemused smirk that was more characteristic of him. Seriously. This deputizing was playing havoc with him. Someone tried to pick-pocket HIM and Wynter ended up being the one apologizing.

How was that fair?

"Even if you were trying to steal from me. What's your name?"

"See that you don't!"

Mito huffed, paws going to her hips. It wasn't just her after all, there were other smaller races and the Bigs almost NEVER considered that sort of thing when dealing with them. She may not be in close with her kind (for a variety of reasons) but that was no reason to not make a point when one was possible.

"Thank you very much," she squeaked, slightly mollified. And also, if she were being honest, a little jealous how easy it had been for him to just lean over and GET her stuff. She would have had to scamper all the way down there and if she was being real once she had gotten it she wouldn't have come back up to continue chatting with this human.

She gave him a look up and down, clearly dubious for a moment. But then.

"Pax, yes."

That didn't mean she wouldn't try to steal from him again of course.

Poking through her sack and checking to make sure everything had survived the fall.

"You smelled like booze," she said without even looking out, pulling out a cracker. Half of a cracker. Her face fell. The other half was all crumbs. "I didn't think you'd notice."

Looking up at him again, clearly CONSIDERING. There was a surprising amount of weight in that dark gaze, considering how small she was.

"Mito."

No clan name. And those familiar with the Nezumi might find that strange indeed. Of course, luckily for her, a lot of people weren't particularly familiar with the cultural norms of her kind.

"What's your name?"

So freaking cute.

A nod there. "Of course. The least I can do." Well, that wasn't strictly speaking through, because again she tried to STEAL from him. Something about how cute the entire thing was made it less of an issue though. Maybe that was a tactic. Who really wanted to throw a smol maus into jail? Was there even a jail that could accommodate her?

Was there something like a maus jail??

These were the questions one needed an answer too at times. A snort there. "Someone spilled their glass of whisky over me, while I was walking by, that's probably what you smelled." Noticing the face falling at the biscuit. That was so sad. Just a small biscuit, but it seemed to mean a lot to her.

He looked around and noticed his own bowl with peanuts.

A pause there.

"Um. Would you like some of my peanuts maybe?" Pushing over the bowl to her. "Nice to meet you, Mito, I am Wynter... Captain Wynter Rackham." If he had feathers they'd probably be puffed right about now. "Take as many as you want." Pushing the bowl a bit closer, just to be certain. They were smol, for him, but honestly?

Pretty big in her paws.

As far as she was concerned, yes, it was indeed. After all, she never would have dropped her bag if he hadn't grabbed her and hoisted her up into the air by her tail.

The sheer cheek.

Very carefully, she put the half cracker back into the bag, trying to nestle it where it wouldn't break farther. In pieces wasn't the end of the world, but the crumbs filling the bottom of her bag were very discouraging.

"What are you Captain of?" Ears pricking up for the first time with interest instead of anger.

But then the first part sunk in. Her ears went down slightly again, but the line and tone were different from before.

"You..... want to share..... your peanuts with me?" Slowly, making sure she understood. "I could.... have some of your peanuts? Really?"

As many as she wanted?????

"Cap' of the Undoubtedly, finest ship this side of the Galaxy, and dun let anyone tell ya otherwise!" Then again. Most captains would claim that. You had to be a really pathetic excuse of a Captain not to be proud of your ship. It was often all you had, the only real thing in a Galaxy filled with figments. A yawn there as he stretched a bit. "Stole it off the Imps back in the day."

Smug sounding there.

Very smug.

Brows raised there. He didn't realize it would be received that incredulously. "Oh yeah, of course, Mito. Have at it." By way of an example he carefully picked one out and extended it towards her.

So she could take it in her paws.

After all, a promise was one thing, but something solid? That was another thing entirely.

"So, you live around on Cloud City then?"

For a moment she just watched him. Then, cautiously she edged forward again. Reaching out. Taking the peanut in both hands.

A present for Mito.

She couldn't remember the last time someone had given her a gift. For a moment she just stood there, looking at it. Then?

She crammed the whole thing in her mouf and started chewing away happily.

"-oou me id? I can haf more?"

When he confirmed, she scampered over to the bowl. For every one that ended up in her mouth, one went into the sack for later. She didn't answer him right away, too busy filling her belly and her sack. But after she ate three she slowed down, sitting down with back legs splayed out as she nibbled with enjoyment on a peanut.

"I like Cloud City!" She said brightly by way of an answer. "I can get anywhere I want to easily and most people don't notice me. Lots of places to hide and hide things," with a sage nod. "Do you live on your ship? Oh, and Undoubtably what?" Looking up at him curiously. She understood that was the name of his ship but it felt.... incomplete. A dangling adverb.

For a while Wyn just watched with amusement how she ate.

Hunger on this one was real.

No wonder she thieved around. A few peanuts in Wynter started on his beer again. Small sips, leaning back a bit and enjoying the chewing company. It was a bit more sophisticated than the whisky-addled minds around the place. Not that he minded them. His kind of people. Not complicated at all, you didn't have to worry about losing more than your teeth here.

S'nice sometimes too.

"Mhm, Cloud City is grand. City among the Clouds. One of my favorite places around the Outer Rim, in fact." A yawn there, taking another sip. "Though I didn't expect it to go CRAZY like it did sometime back." Shaking his head there as he nursed his bottle.

A smirk when Mito asked the question that sometimes popped up.

Snapping his fingers. "Exactly. Undoubtedly what?" Bigger sip there as his eyes turned more thoughtful. "See, lots'a captains they name their ships grand names, right? The Grand Vision, The Speedster, The Never Late! But that is just jinxing yar chit, you know? Why take that risk." Wyn used his hand as he talked, lightly and relaxed, an easy talker.

"So for now mah ship is the Undoubtedly... and once I know what it undoubtedly is? I will add to it."

Pausing there, before smiling wistfully. "Sorry, I just like mah ship. And I do, as a matter of fact, live on it. I don't really like staying in one place for too long, you know? How about you? Cloud City your only haunt or ya move around too?"

The Nezumi gave off a slight shudder when he mentioned the recent chaos. For a moment, she got a bit of a distant stare.

A shoe, flying right at her as she was pinned by the door.

A sharp shake of her head and a blink brought her back. She missed some of his explanation about the name of the ship, but caught enough after shaking her head out again, sending her ears flapping at either side of her face, to understand the rest in the context. Chewing contemplatively, she reached up with her back paw to scratch at the side of her face.

"That is a good thing yes. I think that is a very good idea. Unfinished but potential. That is a very Nezumi thing," she said with a firm nod.

Then a pause, looking up and him, head cocking impossibly far to the side.

"People should not apologize for what they like," again that scolding tone. SHE wasn't about to, after all.

"I like it here. But I travel too. For a bit after....." She mimes an explosion with her hands and makes a pchew sound. "And there is an important market coming up." Very serious nod there as she put another peanut in her sack.

Bemused expression at the scolding.

"Okay, okay, apology retracted." He raised his hands in defeat. "You are a ... Nezumi then?" From bemused to thoughtful, because Wyn was pretty sure he had heard of them somewhere. What was it again? Then snapping his fingers. "Oh, right! Wasn't a Nezumi a very high-ranking member of the Sith Empire, Hero of ... Mirial, I think, some such?"

It wasn't often that the smoller species had their moments in the light.

Even less of them rose themselves up the way that one had. Was it a good thing it happened in the Sith Empire? Well, Wynter wasn't really one to judge, because he had done enough chitty things in his life it would be hypocritical.

"Ooh, a market? Something profitable?" Grin there, rubbing his finger and thumb together in the almighty symbol of money.

Cloud City was great.

The responsibilities thrust on him? Less so. There was no end in sight to it either, so like a dog in the corner Wynter was looking for an exit.

Mito sniffed. Nose pointing a touch into the air.

"Yes well..."

Was that.... disdain? Unimpressed, certainly. Mito didn't think highly of THAT particular Nezumi. Why?

Oh, Mito could give you a lot of reasons. Many of them contradictory and even hypocritical. After all, Mito was not a particularly good Nezumi herself. There was a reason she couldn't live amoung polite Nezumi society. However it wouldn't boil down to the truth of the matter. If Mito were honest (with you dear ready and with herself), she'd be able to admit it was jealousy. It was not, however, possible, so all he got was a sniff and a yes well before the subject changed.

"Yes! I've been gathering for it for MONTHS! There's no real market here," sounding chagrined. "But on Thyrsus? Oh yes. It's my favorite market too. So many things to see! I like all of the gold too, it's very pretty."

Another peanut was stuffed absent mindedly into the sack. The sack was starting to look rather full and straining slightly at the seams.

Koushou Mito Koushou Mito 's reaction surprised him.

Disdain?

Wyn had assumed she'd be proud about it. It wasn't often that smaller sentients like them got a chance in the spotlight. To have one of their own take such a grand position? Well, maybe there was something there Wynter didn't know about. He wasn't about to poke at it either. They barely knew each other and it would be a bit presumptuous.

So in response to her yes well she received a hesitant nod.

A huh there.

"Thyrsus.... I haven't ever been there." Sounding wistful, before Wyn grinned. Yes this was most definitely the chance he had been waiting on. "You need a ride to get there?"

Maybe Mito already had a ship, but if not? Why not. They were both heading in the same direction.

It was just sensible.

Mito was getting full. It was...... a very nice feeling. She couldn't remember the last time that had happened. Certainly not since she left home. As she worked to cram just ONE MORE peanut into the sack, she slowly slid down on her hind legs until she was sitting on her rump next to it, legs splayed out. Reaching over, she realized she couldn't reasonably fit one more peanut into the sack so she started nibbling on it instead. Full yes, but also....

Peanuts.

"I was going to hitch a ride on one of the freighters," she said, starting to sound a touch drowsy now. "There is one that's supposed to leave in two days, should be enough time to load all of my things I have for trade. Trade only," she lifted up a finger. "No credits. I've tried that. It did not end well." A sage nod there.

It was clear that she did not realize he was offering.

People didn't do that in Mito's world. Not for Mito.

Every once in a while he had to suppress the urge to go aw.

Seriously.

Too cute AF.

Bemused Wynter realized she hadn't picked up on the fact he had offered. A moment passed. "Let me rephrase- would you like to travel together to Thyrsus? Since I am tired of this scenery anyway." A stretch there. "Must be better than trying to find a comfortable freighter." He took another sip from his ale and finished the bottle with a hearty content sigh.

"I don't have anything to trade myself, but honestly I think browsing and checking out the world might be nice."

He shrugged there, before taking up a peanut and starting to nibble together with her.

"The Undoubtedly is a great ship. Very fast."

Though it would still be quite a travel, since it was on the other side of the Galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom