Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pheromone catchers

My character always seems to be surrounded by Jawas: everywhere there are Jawas, they seem to all want to be hitting on her. I haven't been able to determine whether the Jawas are attracted to her by chemical means or due to other pheromone-free means. Then again, she hasn't met Jawas away from Ringo Vinda, so I can't be sure that Jawas on other planets (esp. Tatooine) would be attracted to her just as the Jawas on Ringo Vinda are.

ICly she has an idea as far as designing an anti-Jawa trap that uses her own pheromones as part of the bait. Ultimately the aim would be to develop either a consumable that would lure Jawas to get tranquilizers at the same time as they are trying to smell what passes for her or a consumable that trap Jawas to their deaths. (Other applications include selling love potions with Zeltron pheromones as the active ingredient)

That said, I have a question: are there devices in canon or in the Marketplace that allow its user to catch pheromones or other odorous substances (and not to simply identify their composition)?

Why would jawas even be attracted to your char? Like why would an entire species even do so? That doesn't make sense.

There is free will and I highly doubt that every single jawa is attracted to you.

giphy.gif

Just that I am asking about whether one could catch odorous substances using some device (either in Marketplace or in canon) so that one can later perform destructive testing on it. (Many chemical experiments are destructive; non-destructive testing is mostly for physical properties such as the refraction index, the density)

Katarina Vene said:
...T-This is horrible, why do the Jawa's need to die...?
On second thought Jawa poison is just overpowered. It just wouldn't fly ICly.

Danger Arceneau said:
Why would jawas even be attracted to your char? Like why would an entire species even do so? That doesn't make sense.

There is free will and I highly doubt that every single jawa is attracted to you.
Jawas are described in canon as a species that rely on scent (and pheromones) a lot for their social interactions.

Even if it wasn't literally all Jawas, or even most Jawas, she does seem to have an ability to attract Jawas that appear unnatural to a non-Jawa. For some as-of-yet-undiscovered reason, she seems highly attractive by Jawa standards even though Jawas and humans (or Near-Humans) are just incompatible for reproduction. The most likely candidate is, well, pheromones.

Falleen and Zeltrons also exult pheromones whose commercial applications are obvious to her and have a similar effect on humans and most Near-Humans as (tentatively) her own pheromones have on Jawas...

Unless Pizza Hutt was to manufacture consumables other than food, I need to use another writer's companies to actually sub the resulting Jawa perfume, tentatively called the Utinni #1. Of course the pheromones are going to be artificially-manufactured (I aim for mass-production); Jessica isn't a fountain of pheromones.

The other companies owned by my alts (IGR, Ringovinda Systems, Ringovinda StarYards, Star Tours, Taking Off on a Star Tour) are off-limits.

Or perhaps Jawas are drawn to Jessica because of something other than scent.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Jessica Med-Beq said:
are there devices in canon or in the Marketplace that allow its user to catch pheromones or other odorous substances (and not to simply identify their composition)?

So by 'catch' you mean 'collect in bulk'? I can't say as I've seen anything like that. Alternately, though, this and this might give you enough precedent to synthesize species-targeted pheromones.

[member="Ajira Cardei"] There is only one way she could actually produce pheromones: sweat! You'd collect a sample of sweat, and then analyze whether there actually are pheromones in there, and, if there are pheromones, manufacture synthetic pheromones for use in the Utinni #1.

Pheromone packages/darts are for dispensing pheromones, not collecting a sample of pheromones.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Jessica Med-Beq said:
There is only one way she could actually produce pheromones: sweat! You'd collect a sample of sweat, and then analyze whether there actually are pheromones in there, and, if there are pheromones, manufacture synthetic pheromones for use in the Utinni #1. Pheromone packages/darts are for dispensing pheromones, not collecting a sample of pheromones.

My point was that there's clearly an implied analysis-and-synthesis process behind the links I gave. If you wanted, those precedents would let you sidestep the whole 'I must harvest my Jawa-fascinating character's sweat' thingy. Totally up to you.

Also, talking to people like they're stupid when they're trying to help you is generally a good way to not get further help. Not the first time this has come up, either. Just cool it a little, man.

I'd just purchase some pheromone darts by now... nevertheless since Pizza Hutt is manufacturing the Utinni #1, while all it does at present is selling fast food, I still need a dev thread for the company modification that the manufacturing of the perfume entails (by that point Pizza Hutt will be manufacturing chemicals).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom