Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phantoms of the Past

Limping onto the bridge of his capital ship, Iratus was flanked by his siblings Erza and Emil. Blood was flecked across his indigo robes and a fresh wound sat above his right brow causing a stream of blood to cascade down his face and coat his silverfish-white hair. Hand pressed tightly against his rips Iratus grit his teeth. The hybrids skin was now a luminescent silver. “Signal the retreat! We must escape before the jedi have a chance to board.” Each step up to the command chair was a struggle for Iratus. Every breath he took sent a fresh wave of pain radiating up his body.

“Brother we cannot leave now! We have the Triumvirate on the retreat!” Emil said following her brother trying to convince him to not give up on their conquest against the Galactic Triumvirate.

“We do not have the time or allies to stay here. Even now I can feel our brethren fighting and dying down on that cursed planet. The Fel’s and Jedi have been waiting for this moment. If we do not leave now, all we fought for will be lost.” Iratus screamed at his sister spittle flying from his mouth. “Set coordinates for Mandalore and then to the Unknown Regions. Not even they will follow us there… By the force I hope not.”

Ilum a world that held one of the largest Adegan crystal deposits in the galaxy has always been a world visited by many. Some used it as a place to meditate, and others had come to the world on their journey to learn more about the force while creating their first lightsaber. An important step for many, and not one that had been lost on Iratus. Centuries ago during his time the Order of the Twilight had crafted themselves a temple on the planet so as to host gatherings and train those of their number. The temple was not known to many, but stories and rumors had always been spread around about it.

On the Southern pole of the planet there was a temple built in the shadow of a mountain that covered it and his it away from the view of the general eye. However, one would be able to pick it up on their radar sensors. The castle almost looked to have been crafted out of pure ice as sunlight bounced off it blinding in nature. It made sense why it hadn’t been found in centuries.

Ever since Jakkor left Nal Hutta and his new found friends. He had been wandering the Outer Rim for over a week,with nothing but him,his Black Eta 2 Actis class interceptor,and two weeks worth of supplies which he had gone through a week's worth already. He managed to avoid the territories controlled by The One Sith,or by the GA. Through most of his voyage Jakkor meditaded caught in a sense of dread and hopelessness. He hoped that the force would guide him on his journey. During one meditation in the cold darkness of space,Jakkor almost heard a whisper calling him as he saw a frozen world and he saw a ruined temple. He instantly recognized it as Ilum. He jumps into hyperspace and within a few hours the jedi starfighter reaches the desolate world. The force was calling him hear and Jakkor intended to find out. The fighter lands a few miles from where he could feel the precense. Jakkor hoped out of the fighter grabbing his survival pack and wrapping his cloak around him. Where he was at their was a massive blizzard and he could barely see two meters in front of him, luckily for him his tusken mask was wrapped tightly around his head protecting him from the blistering cold. "I had thought I would never be on this blasted world a third time in my life. I hope those ruins aren't far." He begins his trek for at least in hour,his green lightsaber ignited to give him light. He finds the ruins and goes inside,the precense growing stronger as he goes deeper in the ruins.
[member="Iratus Palpatine"]

Exiting Hyperspace over Ilum the Flagship of the Twilight Order came to a halt. This was where they had set up their base, so well hidden that even the jedi didn’t know about it. Neither would they think that their enemy had shored up on one of the most valued Jedi planets. On the bridge of the ship Iratus was just exiting the bacta tank he had decided to soak in during the trip. His well-toned body was littered with dozens of silver scars from his battles over the past few years. The Iratus that commanded and led the Twilight Order had been forged through not only his training but through numerous battles. The most obvious scar was the one on the right side of his body where he’d been stabbed by a lightsaber. It was the most recent one and had been dealt by the current Fel Emperor.

Awaiting Iratus as he exited the tank was Emil and Erza. “How many escaped?” He asked his siblings while drying off feeling slightly sticky.

“We only escaped with two corvettes, and three cruisers…” Erza reported solemnly not looking his brother in the eyes. The strawberry blonde hair had been combed over blocking Erza’s left eye which had been lost in battle.

Fist clenching Iratus looked away from him before releasing a scream of pure fury. Hundreds… No thousands had been lost in the final push against the Republic, and all their blood was on his hands. Iratus could almost see it as he placed them against his face.

“Ira-“ Emil started but her brother grabbed her shoulder as Iratus released another scream. This time it was amplified by the force. He had lost all concept of restraining his abilities. The bacta tank that Iratus had once been in shattered.

As the Tusken Raider enters the ruins what he found was a wide great door that even centuries after it had been built stood tall. The outside appeared to be naught but ruins but the innards had been preserved for all these years. The main entrance hall mirrored that of a jedi temple as lining the walls were great members of the Twilight Order who had played a major role in Iratus’ life along with a sculpture of Iratus himself at the end of the hall.

The sculpture was to commemorate the day that Iratus had first returned to the galaxy defeating the jedi on the world of Ossus. Standing on a mountain in a lunging position Iratus’ two blades were out at his sides. It had probably been one of the greatest moments for the Twilight Order. Branching off from the halls were numerous paths. Some leading outside into the snowy cold once again and a training yard, another off to a cafeteria. More off to the dorms where those who attended had once stayed. It was obvious that it had been made in mirror to Jedi Temples of old.

However, the main pathway that went straight and up a flight of stairs led deeper in. From the depths of the temple the force called for Jakkor to go deeper and accept his fate. The room the force was summoning the Tusken to was almost like a throne room. On a pedestal where a throne had once sat was now a slab of carbonite and trapped within a man. His eyes had been closed and his hands crossed across his chest as though he was a corpse.

[member="Jakkor Kess"]

Jakkor was in awe at what he saw. He saw figures that he did not recognize. He could have sworn this was a Jedi Temple but this was different, however Jakkor pressed on lightsaber still lit he walked through many levels of stairs as the call of the force grew stronger as he neared the source of it. He eventually walked into what appeared to be a large throne room. This was the source of the strong force nexus was,he walked to the end of the room with the illuminated glow of his lightsaber he could see a man frozen in carbonite. The Tusken had no idea if he was alive or dead but he heard one thought echo through the force,'Release him'. He did just that as he pressed a couple of buttons on the side panel,and within a matter of seconds the Slab was in a process of thaw as Jakkor was wary of who he was releasing,he kept his saber in a defensive posture.

Back to his siblings Iratus looked out as the viewport as the dropship they were in descended to the surface of Ilum. In a fresh set of dark robes his hands were tucked neatly inside each sleeve. His wounds were closed and the gold in Iratus’ eyes were brighter than they ever had been. The myriad of emotions he was feeling couldn’t be explained in mere words. It was as though he was being drowned by his own emotions. Within the sleeves both his hands gripped tightly against each other. The storm of emotions mixed with the darkside of the force felt as though it would tear the hybrid apart.

In the dropship there were only a handful of others with him. It was the ones he had started this war with and had survived this long. Many years had been spent with them, they had been through thick and thin. So many battlefields they had fought on together, and now they stand together. The few and the broken. Behind him Emil, and Erza rose to their feet.

“We cannot go on like this any longer. We can’t keep running and fighting. The Order is nearly destroyed. Look at us! We are in shambles!” Emil yelled as she reached up and grabbed her brother’s shoulder.

“I know!” Iratus screamed. “I know what I’ve done. I know better than anyone what happened! I was the one trained by Yazar. I rebuilt this order. I felt every death like it was my own!”

“Then you know what we must do next.” Erza said as he activated his saber a gold glow bathing him.

Eyes widening Iratus looked over at his brother before another snap-hiss drew his attention. This time from his sister… “Betrayal!” Iratus shouted in awe, lightning crackling in his hands.

As the thawing process started, the trapped Iratus was freed. His skin was nearly gray from his time trapped in the carbonite. Eyes still shut Iratus took his first breath in over 600 years. The chill on the air made his breath visible and in an instant his body fell to the cold tile floor. The bones and muscles were still stiff from how long he had spent in that same position for centuries. Shuddering Iratus raised his head and finally opened his eyes but what he saw was nothing. Everything was pitch black, hands feeling around on the floor Iratus closed his eyes once more letting the force guide his senses.

Silver hair falling to the side of his face Iratus rose to his feet although shakily. His body was frail with fresh wounds and burns littering his body. The battle against the remaining members of the twilight had not been in his favor. Iratus had been heavily outnumbered and it had taken everything he had to not die. The carbon freezing had been a trap set by his siblings after they had slipped a poison into his blood.

Slowly turning his head to the Tusken, Iratus examined him through the force and noticed the saber in the palm of the Tusken’s hand. Another here to kill me! Was Iratus’ first thought. Raising his hand bolts of lightning formed in his palm and shot at the Tusken. “I will not die at the hands of traitors!”

[member="Jakkor Kess"]

Jakkor saw the wounded man,his eyes grew wide beneath the mask as he sensed a strong connection to the force within the man and a great darkness as well. The next thing he knew was the man looking at him with a scowl his eyes a bright gold lit with undying hatred for one's enemies. He had his fingers extended and unleashed bolt's of force lightning at the tusken. Jakkor absorbed the bolt's with his saber but he is pushed back a few step's,he hears the man go on about how Jakkor was one of his supposed enemies. Jakkor had to think of something or he would be dead in mere moment's,he lowers his saber and speak's "I am not your enemy. Whoever you are my name is Jakkor Kess.I am a Jedi of the Old Republic and former Commander of the 350th Attack Battalion of the Clone Wars. I am the one who released you." He deactivates his saber,and clip's to his belt to show that he was not a threat.

The lightning arced between the Tusken and Iratus as he released bolt after bolt. The Tusken’s saber acted as a lightning rod stopping the lightning that had been meant to incinerate Jakkor and saving the man’s life. However, it had been centuries since he had been trapped and it hadn’t been too long after his battle against the old Order of Twilight. As such he was weakened quite a bit. It was obvious from the way his hands shook and sweat beaded on his brow. The muscles beneath the golden skin tensed as Iratus finally released his hold on the lightning breathing slightly heavily.

Head tilting to the side Iratus glared at the Tusken while listening to the explanation offered and trying to process everything that was being told to him. Is this a dream? Have I been sent back to the past? NO! That’s impossible! I was trapped in that slab, for how long? Has there been another Clone Wars? All these thoughts flew through Iratus’ mind at the speed of a freight train. He had remembered hearing about a Clone Wars that had been instigated by his forefather long ago, but could there have been a second? Or was this man from a time before even Iratus.

Lightning still crackling between his fingertips Iratus spoke his voice harsh and strained. “What year is it? What Clone Wars do you speak of? Has there been another since I have been imprisoned?” Iratus asked. Those who had betrayed him thought it easier to imprison Iratus than kill him, or had it been out of some misplaced sense of mercy?

[member="Jakkor Kess"]

Jakkor couldn't believe what he heard. Their was only one Clone Wars and the idea of a second seemed ridiulous. He stepped slowly placing his palms in front of his chest in a 'I mean you no harm' manner. When he stood only a couple feet away from him he spoke softly and very carefully not willing to send the thawed out man into shock. "The year is..846 ABY. Whoever your enemies were they must be long gone by now reduced to mere dust by the passage of time. As for Me I come from the Clone Wars fought between 22-19 BBY Between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. I may look like a simple Teenager but I am very Ancient by today's standard's."
Jakkor remained on his guard. Just in case he was going to be attacked again.

846 ABY?! The mere number sent Iratus’ head reeling and to balance himself he had to lean against the pedestal that he had once been placed upon. They left me to be forever left! Iratus thought his teeth gritting together. He’d spent well over six centuries frozen in a block of carbonite and could’ve spent longer if this young Tusken hadn’t found him. The most perplexing part about the entire situation was the claim that it was from the Clone Wars. What were the chances that two beings from vastly different era’s be brought to the present day? Was it a divine act of the force that brought them together or were they just being toyed with.

Examining the Tusken through the force Iratus saw that the man could indeed use the force, and was powerful in it. Sliding to the floor Iratus rested his head against the cool obsidian pedestal letting it soothe the headache that was forming from his time spent in Carbonite. “My boy you are more than ancient. You’re older than even I… I came from a time long after the Clone Wars, but I researched the subject.” If this young boy had been alive during the time of the Clone Wars he’d know the palpatine line.

“My name is Iratus.” Offering his hand to the Tusken, he waved for him to take a seat. “So tell me what brought you here, and what can I do to repay you for freeing me?”

[member="Jakkor Kess"]

Jakkor shook his hand. He took a seat on a near bench facing Iratus. He was astonished to learn that the man was in there for centuries. He thought of an idea for how the man could repay him for saving him from his frozen prison. He then spoke in a calm and friendly tone. "I seek power,Knowledge. I sensed a very strong connection to the force in you,and I believe it was the will of the force that brought me here to you. So that I may achieve the power needed to exact my revenge on The One Sith for the horrors I suffered after Order 66 and The Great Jedi Purge." Jakkor reached into his rations and grabbed a couple of instant meal packs and some warm Caf. It wasn't the best,but it was the only thing he could offer to the man who must have been very hungry and dehydraited from his imprisonment on this barren rock.

“Power and knowledge…” Iratus scoffed at the words, he remembered how he had once craved the very same thing all those years ago. Taking the food Iratus opened it and took a hefty bite out of a nutrition bar. It was bland and tasteless causing the man to scrutinize it yet not speak his thoughts. One could not complain when it was the first food they had in centuries. “If the force sent you to find me, there must be a reason for it to do so.” Iratus said opening the lid for the caf which had went cold long ago from the atmosphere of Ilum. Sipping at it the bitter caf taste covered his tastebuds. “Well even after all these years the rations still taste horrible.”

Taking three more bites out the bar Iratus felt his stomach growl the craving of hunger forcing him to dig into the rations. The feeling of having food in his stomach again was so euphoric after so long. It didn’t matter how bland or cold the food was it was at least something. “I did not know the One Sith had reemerged. I remember hearing about them being destroyed a few decades before I was around. Do you realize that you shouldn’t blame them for what happened to you then? Doing so makes you no better than the current Sith, unless they have done something to earn your ire as well?”

“What I am asking is this only for you revenge or are you looking to do something more with the power and knowledge I can offer? I could teach you things that the Sith wish they could learn and abilities that the Jedi can’t understand.”

[member="Jakkor Kess"]

He took a few bites of his Nutrition bar and a couple sip's of the caf.
Jakkor was not feeling that hungry as he listened to Iratus speak. He pondered his word's than he spoke. "My goal of destroying the Sith has not changed but I do seek power. I feel I have untapped potential deep within and I would be honered to learn more about the force even the dark side." He got up and kneeled before Iratus. His head down he spoke. "I pledge myself to you. If you will teach me.. Master."

[SIZE=10.5pt]Aw the dreams of revenge… Of youth. [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Iratus thought as Jakkor claimed that he would not give up his revenge on the Sith. It was almost a complete mirror of how things had been when Iratus had been found by his Master Yazar. He had wanted to escape the fate that had been shown. It had been[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]prophesied[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]that Iratus would become a great Sith Lord and the galaxy would turn against him. Fearing such a thing Iratus had[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]chosen to join the Twilight Order, in the end the galaxy still turned on him.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]One cannot fight fate. [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Iratus thought.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]“You know the force works in mysterious ways my boy.” [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Looking closer at Jakkor in the force Iratus could indeed sense the great potential that the Tusken held.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“If you truly wish to learn beneath me, and the force wishes the same who am I to fight it?” [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Iratus asked. Rising to his full height above the kneeling Jakkor, Iratus took a deep breath the cold air filling his lungs along with the power of the force. He could feel his strength returning now, but not how it was before just yet.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]“Jakkor Kess, I shall take you beneath my wing and teach you the ways of the force. This I swear. The trials will be long, and hard. You may even come to despise me in time, however you shall have great power by the end of it all.” [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Lightning crackling between his fingertips again Iratus dug his nails into the palm of his hand. There was the initial bite of pain as fresh blood began to well up in his palm, dripping from beneath his fingers onto the tile floor.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]“I anoint thee!”[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]Placing the palm of his hand on Jakkor’s forehead Iratus released a burst of Sith lightning that wouldn’t injure the Tusken but instead encircle him just a bit above the skin.[/SIZE]

[member="Jakkor Kess"]

Jakkor felt a bit of fear mixed with excitement. He had fouund his purpose. He would serve his new master in return he would gain the power needed to have his revenge. With his head down he could still see the sparks of force lightning that is where the fear was. During a duel in the dune sea on Tatooine against an Ancient Sith Lady one of his friends shot a blast of force lightning intended for the sith but struck Jakkor instead. Ever since than he has had a bad experiance with force lightning. After hearing his new master's word's and the intiation of his apprenticeship complete he looks up at Iratus a look of determination in his eyes beneath his mask. "I am ready for anything my master."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom