Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pfft, podracing? You ain't seen nothing yet!

[SIZE=medium]The flare cut through a good chunk of the storm, helping the Galan to spot two shadowy shapes ahead, both hunched over. “I see you, comin’ you’re way. And for kriff’s sake, don’t shoot me.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Of course they didn’t see the other two figures in the dim light. The makeshift rope around her waist tightened and she knew she was losing slack. Looking down at the pair, she waved the muzzle of her blaster in greeting. “Alright, hand check you two. C’mon. I’ve got enough medical supplies back on my ship to fix a few Jabberwocky.” Kneeling down in the snow, she ground her teeth from the movement it required her ribs and offered a shoulder and arm to the pink and bleeding Zeltron as well as her shoot-em-up friend. [/SIZE]

@[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Deagan Hunt"]

If the situation wasn't so serious Delila would have had more retorts for her Galan friend. Maybe she could think of something later, she already knew that Rogue pilot was never,ever going to let her live this situation down. So she had a itchy trigger finger. It had saved her on the battlefield more than once and no way was she going to merely alter her behaviors because she shot the Beefcake. Who goes out dressed like a Wampa anyways?

"Easy there Grandma" Dells quipped, noticing the grimace. It was like the blind leading the blind here. She was going to have to shoulder most of the Zeltrons weight, especially since Thessa still had sore ribs. Boy, didn't the three of them make a interesting sight.

"Lets go" Delila was helping up the Zeltron,keeping one eye on their surroundings. If the wampas smelt the blood, well.....consider them dinner. It wasn't as if they could move fast. At least she still had the blaster.

[SIZE=medium]Aqua-tuned ears picked up a growl from the gloom behind them. Untethering the rope from around her waist, she handed it to Dells. “Follow this life-line. It’ll get you back to the ship in this white-out.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Offering a smirk beneath the scarf she knew Dells couldn’t see, she unholstered her blaster from her side and held it tightly in one-gloved hand. “Grandma’s got some shootin’ to do. And don’t worry. I’ll be right behind you two love birds. Just coverin’ your six.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Spinning around, iced-azure gaze narrowed behind the tinted ski-mask, her blaster trained on the growling sound, finger twitching on the trigger. Her free hand slipped to her belt, where she kept her retractable trident.[/SIZE]

Jorus nodded along with the crackling comm and lunged through the snow, joining Thessa, Delila and a much-abused Beefcake. A wampa loomed out of the snowstorm, and the smuggler raised his shotgun. Both barrels fired, point blank, knocking the wampa on its back.

"Oh feth...I loaded lix rounds by mistake."

He scrambled to reload with something more contextually appropriate.

[SIZE=medium]It’s a good thing the kid wasn’t wearing white because her finger was itching to shoot something just like Dells had been. But even she couldn’t miss that slightly cocky gait behind the snownsuit. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“Y’know, you think YOU would’ve learned your lesson, kid,” she growled and dove expertly behind Jorus’ frame. There was no way on this frakkin’ planet that the wampa was going to set eyes on her first. There may or may not have been a little shove to push the kid a few inches closer to the slightly startled and mystified-awakening beast.[/SIZE]

"I got it... I got it.", Sarge grumbles as he moves towards the Wampa, pulling a thermal detonator from his belt. Lobbing it gracefully through the storm, it landed on the beasts stomach. That should just about take care of that.

"Can we get back on the ships? I'm freezing."

Well no wonder he was freezing; he had no cold weather gear on. Still, his tone indicated he was saying that more because it was expected, rather than out of any real sensation of cold.

Which, if you didn't feel the cold, usually meant you'd contracted some serious frostbite or were developing hypothermia.

[SIZE=medium]“Ummph,” the blast radius knocked her off her feet, even standing behind the kid. But to be fair, Thee didn’t exactly have the best balance on land anyway. Landing in a pile of snow, she cringed, hand immediately going down to her side. “Oh my aching ribs,” she muttered. Shaking her head free from snow, she looked around realizing that even the short distance that she landed, she had lost the others in the growing white-out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kriff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]But there just happened to be a blinking beacon off to her right. Not just any beacon. The beacon. “You have got to be kidding me,” coming to a wobbly stand, she took out her tracker and swiped it against the side, not doubting that they weren’t the first to reach the so called finish line of the race. As soon as the sensor cleared, there was a violent shaking at her feet as the snowfield began to split and crack. Intro: Raiders of the Lost Ark type of scene.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“I knew it couldn’t be that easy…,” pushing awkwardly off her snow boots, she burst away from the beacon trap and in the general direction she thought the others were, slamming straight into the back of what must be one very cold Sarge Potteiger as his figure suddenly appeared out of the gloom.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]“Ummph,” the sound left her lips for the second time that day.[/SIZE]

@[member="Deagan Hunt"] | @[member="Thessa Kai"]

Dragging the pink heartthrob into the Siren's Song, Delila wasn't sure if the small personal freighter had a Med Bay so she merely deposited the Zeltron onto a bed in the main cabin. He still seemed to be whining about how he got shot and no way was she apologizing anymore. Such was life, people got shot everyday. He wasn't exactly dead yet anyways.

Leaving him alone for a brief second, Delila emerged back with a medical kit, exposing the pink skin and putting a bacta patch gently onto the wound. It didnt look so bad....there were guys who lost legs in battle with less complaint. Digging around in the kit for some type of painkillers....and hoping Zeltrons had similar physiology for processing the pharmaceutical compounds.....Delila decided it was best she check in on her best friend. The Galan seemed so deadset on at least finishing the race.

"Hey Thee...you alive out there?" Delila asked through their comm line, growing a little worried. She may have to leave the Beefcake and go out into Hoth to search.Hopefully it wouldn't come down to that.

Holding up two bottles of prescription strength painkillers, Dells looked down at the smuggler.

"Sooo.....can your species take any of this and have it work?

And there it was. The beacon, its outline altered by the silhouette of a stumbling Thessa Kai, loomed out of the drifts. As Thessa and Sarge launched an impromptu reenactment of one of their better moments, Jorus swiped his pass on the beacon. Because why not. He'd lost, and that was that.

There were more important things, like having a good race. It had been a long, hard road, and totally worth it. Well, not worth it per se -- the gas alone would set him back for a while, let alone the repairs. He'd have to find a job, and maybe not just bit jobs. Maybe he'd finally have to sign on with the Republic and pay taxes, or Omega Pyre and answer to...

Well, he didn't know who ran Omega Pyre. Mysterious bureaucratic manipulators with rumored powers. Sarge was pretty good about not dropping hints.

Jorus was the kind of man who answered to nobody. Maybe Hutt space would have a job or two. Nar Shaddaa. Yeah.

His thoughts grew foggier, his physicality more remote. Fumbling in his pocket, he produced a beckon call, and the Gypsymoth skidded through the snow towards them. It loomed out of the dark, and the hatch dropped.

"Thess, Sarge...let's call it a day. Let's have a drink."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom