Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Peylin: Call to Adventure

Peylin stared, face pressed into the glass of the rich and elegant clothes store. Its name was Halali's Boutique. A store that manufactures and fits clothing for the wealthiest people of Narshadaa besides the Hutts. At least, she thinks it's for rich people. She's always wondered if the people entering the store are rich or just look like it. Either way, it had some beautiful dresses that the filthy ragamuffin craved to try on. She could almost imagine wearing them and doing adorable spins as the dress twirled with her, forgetting everything just for a moment to enjoy the spinny. It was a nice dream, but a dream that would never happen. Being noticed means having to run and fight slavers and bounty hunters again. Taking a risk like that means taking a risk that her luck might run out. It almost did once. Peylin has never doubted it could run out for sure next time.

Someone, a woman in the gaudiest and most ridiculous style possible, exited the store with a snooty, upturned nose. In hand, on a hanger, was the stupidest dress she had ever seen, much like those inferior stores that exist. She could not believe such a woman would violate Halali's Boutique by only going in there for a stupid dress like that. It almost made her angry, angrier than when she saw the color blue. Part of why she loves Halali's Boutique, she's never seen a blue dress or any item of clothing. She doesn't even notice little Peylin gawking at how ridiculous she looks.

Then again, nobody ever notices Peylin. All their eyes look straight through her, if they're even looking at the boutique. She smiles a little. It hasn't been but a few months since she's gotten her superpower, and she's very pleased with how it's coming along. Complete Invisibility is what she calls it. Nobody can hear or see her, not even cameras or the like, not on thermal vision or any other tech vision. Complete Invisibility. Honestly, she just feels like the universe threw her a bone by giving it to her despite everything.

She sighed as she disappeared back into the depths below the surface of Nar Shadaa. Peylin has been told before that Narshadaa is like Coruscant's Evil Twin brother, except it's a moon and not a planet. She disagrees because if Coruscant is ten times better than Narshadaa, then the levels below the surface are just as bad, it just takes descending more than a few more levels to experience the hive of scum and villainy rather than Nar Shadaa's four, and that's the Corellian Sector, the nicer part of Narshadaa. Some parts of Narshadaa (especially parts that the Hutts control) are bad and even worse all the way down. Peylin has even heard stories that at the darkest depth of the fengáripolis, there are Rakghouls, terrifying creatures that can infect with just a nibble. Sometimes that thought nonconsensually lives rent-free in her head as she's had to delve into the undercity more than once to hide away from the local Bounty Hunters and slavers looking to make a profit off of her.

And then she saw him. No, that isn't right. She felt him. He felt weird, empty, like a cavern, and something is echoing inside of it. It was weird and fascinating. Peylin stalked her way toward him. He was attractive... for a man, she thinks. Black hair, green eyes, fit, clean, well dressed. Complete opposite of her, dirty as fuck, pale blonde hair turned mud brown, black gunk clinging on pale skin, disgusting pale blue eyes though that might be biased, really leaning into the homeless look she likes to call it. He kinda reminded her of some of the people that come here from Coruscant. You can usually tell because they look about the same and deeply uncomfortable with being on Narshadaa, always looking around and jumping at anything unexpected. They usually didn't last.

He wasn't like that at all. While she can definitely tell he wasn't from here, his steps were heavy, his stride was confident and powerful, and a small smirk played on his lips. It's as if he's carrying a great burden and carrying it with zest. Kind of reminded her of that Jedi she once saw creeping around, though less powerful looking.

She felt something rip out from under her feet, her body going into a fall. She's practiced falling, so it was a matter of controlling it. Her body rolled, momentum carrying her right back up, only for the empty man to be staring right at her. She looks down, it was some flimsy that made her trip, damn Narshadaa, and it's littering.

"You can see me, can't you?" The words left her lips without consent. Stupid brain.

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Last edited:
Wake was enjoying the hell out of himself, and why wouldn't he? Nar Shadaa! The armpit of the cosmos, the deepest bastion of life in the galaxy. Here where living happened whether you wanted it to or not, far away from the sterility of corellia or coruscant, nature ran it's course without reservation. The strong ate the weak. The weak gathered together to overcome the strong. The carrion creatures waited to pick at what was left. Life went on, and existence was a simple, brutal thing.

He savored it, the movement of life through this place. The energy of happening, of progress unrestrained and unsullied by an escape from nature and reality. Neither the dark side nor the light fully penetrated this place, it was simply the force, and the cacaphony filled him with joy. He hummed cheerily to himself as he made his way down the corridor from the small shop he had peeked in at looking for wares and information. Now he was off to a dealer who was selling old discarded artifacts.

He had just rounded a corner when he felt a presence nearby, small, weakened somehow, and focused. He kept his head forward as he walked, even as the presence grew closer. He didn't touch the sword on his back, no point, instead he turned his thoughts towards the pistol on his hip. Simpler. More direct, and locals took it a bit more seriously. He whistled a little, grinning and smiling at a few attractive passersby before a sudden sound drew his attention. The presence abruptly moved quickly then stopped moving. He stopped and turned, disbelief on his face.

Did this person slip while tailing him? Seriously?

He pressed his lips together to resist the urge to laugh and tilted his head as a filthy looking girl spoke up; "You can see me, can't you?"

Wake raised an eyebrow; "Unless that searwater had something else in it and I'm hallucinating again," he said casually, "I'm lookin' right at you."

Peylin Peylin

"Oh..." Peylin gawked at the man, pale blue eyes big, round, and innocent, looking like the kid she is. Admittedly this is not the first time she screwed up Complete Invisibility. It took focus and concentration, and at the start, it was hard maintaining it without fearing for her well-being while doing other stuff, but Peylin has always been a quick learner. Still, something can knock her out of concentration, bringing her into awkward situations like this one. There is only one tried and true method in dealing with a painfully awkward situation, "Well you look at the time." She activated Complete Invisibility, and hightailed it as fast as her legs could carry her.

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul open

Last edited:
Did she just... vanish? Wake blinked a few times before glancing around at his surroundings. No one had seemed to have even noticed the interaction. Was he going crazy or did that chick actually just... he reached out with his senses and felt the budding confusion in the air, the surprise, there was a feeling of failure in some way. She wasn't exactly trying to control her emotions in the moment, definitely no Jedi. So probably not an agent sent to find out where he was to report him to the Coruscanti council. His head tilted to the right and he slipped his hands into his pockets, letting his senses explode out around him. He didn't have the powers of a master, but he'd consumed the mind of one. Wisdom and tactics were something he could draw on without needing a depth of the force he did not yet have.

There.

He strode forward, dodging and weaving through the crowd before dipping down an alley. He followed it around the nearest building, bypassing the congested space that the girl was likely working her way through and made his way out the other side. If he timed it right, she would be just passing in front of it when he stepped out. He kept his hands in his pockets and cleared his throat, "Hey, quit it already," he said lazily, scratching his head and itching at the side of his ear. "Don't make me chase you kid," He said, "Not fun, I really don't like burning that kind of energy, get me?"

Peylin Peylin

How?! What?! How is he following her? How does he know where she's going? Oh, she realized it wasn't perfect, he must only get a general sense that she was there, but this was scaring her. What if there are other people like him? People who can track her? She didn't know what to do. Her tried and true method was failing her. Her Complete Invisibility wasn't completely invisible. If it could be tracked then-then. No! She won't think about that, never ever again. Peylin has never had someone track her like this. Not even the Jedi! And this man wasn't tracking her before. He didn't even notice her. So he must have some sort of superpower that allowed him to sense Peylin from one look alone.

The girl could keep running, but she gets the feeling that he might not be very nice if she keeps going. There was one option, an option she's never ever thought about before. It honestly terrified her. Witty one-liners are one thing, but this was completely new to her. Well, no, not completely new, just not something she's really done in months. And what is she supposed to say? The last conversation was... that. Ugh, she honestly wished this person would just go away... EUREKA! Now she knew what to say. She just has to... say it. Why can things never be easy?

Peylin took a breath as she let go of her safety blanket, appearing not too far away from the stranger, near a corner. If all else fails run, run, and run again. Her palms were sweaty, knees shaking like Pom's spaghetti. She gathered up all her willpower to squeak, "Go away!" Her voice cracked. FUCK!

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Last edited:
Wake blinked and craned his neck to the right to get a better look at the runt. Was this kid serious? He scratched his nose and cleared his throat, trying not to feel too sorry for the youth that was trembling like a small dog in a cold room. Then she went and did it, that thing that she really shouldn't have done. She unleashed a singular demand for him to 'go away' in the most pathetic way possible. His head jerked back in surprise and his eyes widened before relaxing into almost teary mirth. He burst into laughter, "Aha ha ha! Woo! Terrifying there kid! You got me! Oh no!" He chortled, holding his ribs. He held up his hands, "Wait a sec, hold on, let me, let me catch my breath," He laughed before exhaling.

If she actually was dumb enough to stick around he'd make a gentle jerk with his right hand and try pull her foot out from under her with the force, dropping her down on the ground. If she tried to run, he'd try the same from afar. No, he wanted answers about her power, and about why she just happened to be in his vicinity and invisible. He didn't like being spied on. If that didn't work, well, there were other options as well.

Peylin Peylin

"EEP!" Peylin fell on her butt. No momentum means no quick rollback up. She scrambled to get back up, but her ankle refused to move properly. She didn't know what was happening. She was stuck without understanding how she was stuck. Usually, she was able to dodge things and people that would grab her, but nothing was. Her eyes went wide. This was it. This is how she was going to the slavers. Every day since two years ago, she had been running and escaping the local bounty hunters and slavers.

Now, her fate is sealed. Peylin didn't know what she wanted in life really. She thought about stowing away on a vessel, but was terrified of the change it would bring. Would it be the same or even worse than Narshadaa? She didn't know but she much prefer the toydarian she did know rather than the toydarian she didn't. She knew the slavers, even knew the Bounty hunters and the ones trying to become a hunter. She knew all the back corners, best places to disappear for a while, best places to dumpster dive, best places to get real food on this entire Moon. She knew it all, and so she was too scared to leave. All she really wanted was a happy life. That's it, that's all she wanted, she thinks.

Now she was going to be some gross old man's pleasure slave. Peylin couldn't help but burst into heavy sobs, "D-dun ta-take me, ph-phease. Dun take me, d-dun take me! I-I do anythin' jus'-jus' dun take meeeeeeeee!" as she pleaded.

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

Last edited:

Wake stood there at the apex of the alley, hands on his hips and his eyebrows raised. Around him, the uncaring masses of Nar Shaddaa walked past the crying girl without so much as a glance in her direction. He could sense the odd ways her mind was working, though the specific thoughts were beyond his perceptions. What he could tell, though, was that she had very much the wrong idea about what was happening here and her whining was starting to get annoying. He popped his neck and stepped forward. "Would you kindly..." He grumbled, gearing up.

"Shut up, for a second!" He barked, driving a fist down into the top of her head to snap her out of her hysterics.

He brushed off his hands and straightened his coat before reaching down and grabbing the girl by the scruff of her clothing and hefting her up into the air. She was horribly light, how little did she eat? He grunted and started marching down the path again, "Come on already, lets get you something to eat, damn brat, you like hot cakes?" He grunted, pushing through a small cluster of people as he dragged his 'victim' along. If she was going to upend his day like a certain nosy padawan, she was going to pay him in full for it.

Peylin Peylin

It was weird, Peylin should've grabbed her knife and stabbed him already, even as he picked her up, but she just couldn't find herself to do it. He didn't feel scary, weird for sure, but he didn't feel like he meant harm.

Then he said something completely baffling,

"Come on already, lets get you something to eat, damn brat, you like hot cakes?"

"You-you not goin' to shell me to the Hutts?" She sniffled, wiping away her tears as he continued to carry her down the street. It isn't often that someone kind decides to buy her lunch. Occasionally some visiting spacer or tourist with a heart sees her and pays for her food. Peylin used to have more people giving her free food, but then a clever bounty hunter intimidated them all not to give her food or else. She killed him, but the vendors still gave her a wary eye.

Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

He marched along, the punk child practically slung over his shoulder as he pushed his way through the last bit of crowd and into the strip of shops he was about to visit earlier. He passed the actual target of his interest, he'd go there next, and pushed into the small coffee-shop and breakfast house that sat next to it. He had planned on going there after he found his prize at the artefact shop, but plans changed. He dropped the wretched thing on the ground in the entryway and nodded at the unflappable droid hosting the place.

"Table for two," He clipped, tapping his foot as the Droid took its sweet time getting it's shit together. He scratched his head as the girl sobbed and eventually said something he couldn't let go while at his feet. He glanced down at her with visible confusion on his face; "The hell? Are you nuts? In what way does that benefit me besides a quick payout at a tenth of your actual value?" He snipped back, crouching down and tapping her on the head with an angry finger. "And stop thinking creepy things. I like mature women, mature," He reinforced.

He sighed, "We'll talk after you eat and calm down."

Soon after that, the droid led them to where they'd be sitting and gave them menus.

Peylin Peylin

She is valuable? The thought never occurred to Peylin that she's more valuable, not a sex slave. She knew she could disappear but only she knows how to do this. Nobody else does. It was her thing. She doesn't usually have things, but being invisible is her thing. It's the closest thing she's ever had that wasn't stolen. Now someone is claiming it's valuable?

The two sat in silence, only answering for the Waitress. Food came quickly, and they ate just as quickly. Peylin knew for a fact that it wouldn't be long before the bounty hunters and slavers came, but for now she'd relax and enjoy her hotcakes. It's been a while since she had a hot meal. A very long time and while she wished to relish it, she needed this conversation over with as quickly as possible.

The last of their meal is done. Peylin fiddled and fidgeted, not truly knowing what to ask but one question that's been in her mind, "I'm valuable? Like um more valuable than my body?" She felt embarrassed. All throughout her life she's been embarrassed of her body and some form or another. Either because of how the slavers view her body or how she sees it naked in the mirror. It's why she wears clothing that hides it. She's happy that everyone sees her as a girl even if it's not really true. Real little girls don't have penises, that's just a fact.

Wake rested his chin on his fist, plucking a strip of bacon-like product from a plate and shoving it into his mouth. He glanced up at the girl again as she fiddled and fidgeted, her expression all over the place and her aura even worse. Wake sipped at his water, ignoring the caff that the droid seemed insistent that he ordered. He could care less about that nasty stuff. He picked at his hotcake for a moment, letting the girl take a breath until finally she was calm enough to speak. When she did, he sipped at his water and narrowed his eyes at her.

"Who cares about your body? It's yours, I don't give a shit, kid," Wake shrugged, sipping again at his water and leveled her with a steady, unblinking stare. "That power of yours is valuable, and you're strong in the force aren't ya? You're not exactly trying to hide it which renders that incredible invisibility power of yours patently useless," He tapped the side of his head, "I'm very sensitive to the emotions of others, I can taste the flavors of your fear, unease, joy, elation, and everything in between, you were freakin' out. Of course I could find you."

He shrugged and leaned back in his seat, tapping the plate a couple times with his fork and rolling his jaw left and right, he stared at her for a few seconds, "You don't have anywhere to go, do you?"

Peylin Peylin

"That power of yours is valuable, and you're strong in the force aren't ya? You're not exactly trying to hide it which renders that incredible invisibility power of yours patently useless."

Peylin processed his words very rapidly. Her mind whirled and chewed on the sentences. She was almost certain the hamster in her brain was going to die of exhaustion from running so fast. "Th-th-th-th-th-th-the F-f-f-f-f-f-force?!" She blinked a few times, chewing on her own words. "I have the force." It clicked in her head. Suddenly things were making sense, the ability to sense danger, Complete Invisibility, and empathy. She always figured they were just things she could do because she's a super person.

"I'm very sensitive to the emotions of others," He ignored her muttering and explosive revelation. "I can taste the flavors of your fear, unease, joy, elation, and everything in between, you were freakin' out. Of course I could find you."

That also explains how he found her. Wait, no, it doesn't. The Jedi couldn't find her either, and she was dead certain he was still looking for her. He must be weaker than this guy or something. Peylin didn't know. She's never read much of the force, only reading what was on the holonet. She didn't know that she was using the force or that she was strong in it.

"You don't have anywhere to go, do you?"

"No. I thought about leaving, but I don't know where to go." Peylin bit her lip, her eyes looking up at him wide and innocent, "Are you a Jedi? Are you going to take me and train me into a Jedi?" She thinks she could stand the color blue if she had a future. She's never had one of those before, too scared to stow away in fear she'll be sent right back, killed or worse if she picked the wrong transport with the wrong spacers. Maybe this is how her life is changed, her a pathetic little orphan girl with a bounty on her head, some street rat being trained into a Jedi.

She could imagine it, the lightsabers, the force, fighting for good and justice. She could almost feel it. The warmth of having a home in the Jedi Temple, making friends, maybe finding a family. Peylin had always dreamed of finding a family. During the darkest times, she would read stories about kids who've found families. Holovids showing just how excited their new child is to have a home. Home. That sounded beautiful to Peylin

Wake blinked at her, was she serious? Did she really have no idea? He burst into a fit of laughter and slapped the table, waving away the droid who came over in confusion before pointing a greasy fork in the girl's direction. "What the hell did you think it was?" He laughed, stabbing another sausage and popping it into his mouth. He chewed slowly at the food as the girl wrestled with the new realization. His head tilting to the right as she verbally worked her way through it.

The wierd jolly sith swallowed his food, "You're a wierd kid."

When he asked her if she had anywhere to go, her response gave him pause. He tapped the plate beneath his utensil and took a sip of his drink before looking her square in the eyes with his emerald green gaze. His expression was marked with a mixture of amusement and warning, like a lion looking down at a precocious cub. "Do I seem like a Jedi to you?" He asked her frankly resting his arms on the table and holding her gaze. "Be honest with yourself, you've got good senses if you're a force user. Does my presence feel sterile and calm like a Jedi?"

On the contrary, his presence was an icy wind, a rainbow of emotions. Love and hate had equal status in his aura. His zeal was like a flame burning like a towering brazier amidst a blizzard. Both of them battling eachother for dominance. Dominance, power, emotion, heat, energy, vibrancy, that was not the presence of a Jedi. There was only one faction that embodied such things.

"Let's clear up this misunderstanding first," Wake said simply.

Peylin Peylin

1pOTktR.png

Little Peylin squirmed and fidgeted in her seat, "I don't really know what Jedi are supposed to feel like. I've only met one and he felt, well he felt similar to you not sterile or stagnant I guess. Cozy and dark, though he was really angry about something. I don't know what. It's why I stayed away." She bit her lip. "Are you sure you're not a Jedi?" A tinge of red on her cheeks told anyone looking that she was slightly embarrassed by the fact she had thought this stranger was a Jedi. She's only met one Jedi in the universe. How was she supposed to know what a Jedi felt like? She didn't know.

Wake let out a sigh and leaned forward in his seat, resting his chin on his palm and looking her square in the face. He felt a little bad about it, it wasn't like he was trying to decieve her. Brutal honesty was the best policy in most situations, though there were exceptions as well. He scratched the side of his head with his other hand and shook his head.

"Sounds like you met a garden variety Sith, we Sith are all over the place, just need to know where to look," He said simply, grabbing his drink and sucking down a bit more through a straw. "I am sith, Kid, just maybe a bit more relaxed than what most people think of. I'm not one of the 'so-called' good guys. I can teach you to be strong and take you somewhere to make you even stronger. But you have the freedom to choose, that's what I believe anyway."

Peylin Peylin

1pOTktR.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom