Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Perfect makes practice!

The war was coming ever closer!..Or something. Iko honestly didn't understand it too much. He knew there were bad guys getting closer to Coruscant so he decided it would be best to get to work on his training. Sure, he could work on getting his connection to the Force stronger...But that wasn't going to help him in a fight! At least that wasn't how the young Lad saw things as he messed around with some settings on the training droids. Beepity boop and boppity beep, hey presto and bam! He was sure that he had set them up to have a great spar! Sure, he might not be super sure if he was doing the right thing with the bots, but he was sure it would be completely fine!

With a swift motion, Iko unsheathed the two swords he had at his side, giving them a small little flourish. Lightsabers weren't something he liked to use. He was always more a fan of swords. Metallic weapons that he could properly feel. A few faint flashes of moments he used the swords in the past passing through his mind before a wide grin spread across Iko's face and he tapped his swords against each other, letting the metal ring out through the training room. "Alright! Time to start! Let's do this thing!"

Iko rushed towards the training droids, as various stun bolts were shot in his direction. Relying on ducking and dodging as opposed to deflecting the bolts since well...It was hard to deflect anything with a sword. With a twist of his wrist, Iko lashed out at one of the droids to stab the point of the blade in before twirling his other hand around to block one droid from striking him before lashing out with his foot to kick it away from him and into the direction of a stun bolt.

Woooo. This was more exhausting than he was expecting but that was part of what training was for! Iko practiced and trained away, slashing and dodging, stabbing and weaving. Though eventually his energy started to drain bit by bit causing lapses of focus. A stun shot there, a whack from a droid there. But the words I give up was not in his dictionary! Iko was never going to give up as long as he wa-...Oh. There he went. A backhand from one of the droids knocking the young lad to the ground and sending him sprawling across the floor, laying across the wall as he gasped for air...The training droids in the meanwhile going on standby mode.

While not a jedi himself, Vulpesen had become something of a regular sight at the temple, traversing its halls in his wilder made cloak. Whether it was in courtesy of his prior service, or in a true wish of cooperation with his own order, he was grateful with the leeway that the jedi council had offered him in his wanderings. It was that spirit of adventure within the old halls that often brought him to the training room. It was the perfect place to hone his own skills, and on the rare occasion, pass of some information to the generation.

On this particular day, Vulpesen had arrived just in time to see time to see the young padawan get knocked to the mat, though not until after an impressive showing. "Not bad," he commented as he strolled over to offer a hand up. "Gotta remember to keep your distance, though. A swords weight can lend some power to a strike, but it also necessitated power to deal damage. Power comes from momentum, which comes from distance." A fan of his own lightsabers, Vulpesen had none the less taken in interest in swords as well as most other weaponry. Perhaps a part of that came from his constant usage of daggers, a smaller albeit similarly physical weapon to the long blades carried by the young swordsman.

Iko Vel Iko Vel

"But there isn't always a chance to create distance. It's why I use my surroundings." Iko sighed, catching his breath as he took Vulpes' hand to help himself up, brushing himself off for a moment to make sure that wasn't that much dust or dirt stuck to him. Had to look cool after all! "I just...get too into it sometimes. Forget to breathe. Too much going on in my head and all of the signals just go wooooo!" With that, Iko just moved his hand through the air like some kind of rollercoaster to imitate how he thought the brain signals were going before letting out a small chuckle afterwards, rubbing the back of his neck.

It didn't help that he wasn't actually that well trained in the Force. He knew the basics. And by that, he'd mean the very basics. He could levitate something and throw it...That was about it for now. "if I was going against an actual person, as opposed to the droids, I could probably focus on hitting and running. Let them tire themselves out both from movement and bleeding." He held his chin in his hand for a moment...before blinking and turning his attention back over towards Vulpes, giving an awkward laugh. "Oh. Introductions. Those are a thing I should do. Erh...I'm Iko! Iko Vel!...Is this the point where I should bow?..."

Vulpesen Vulpesen

Vulpesen nodded to the padawan's explanation and looked around the area, giving a smile of approval to the amount of droids that he had managed to score against. "Not a terrible strategy, assuming you've the stamina to back it up. But stamina comes from control." He reached forward and gave the young jedi's noggin a poke. "Think. Breathe. Conserve your energy."

When Vel introduced himself, Vulpesen chuckled and shook his head, his black tail swishing behind him. "No need. If I wanted folks to bow, I'd take a walk back home. Arch-Wilder Vulpesen Torrevaso, Valde of Veradune. Archon or Valde will work just fine if you feel like being formal. A pleasure to meet you Mr. Vel." While Vulpesen had learned formality in spades during his time as a multi-faction leader, he had found it refreshing to be in a place where he held no official authority. While he might have once been a master jedi, those years were long past, his time away from the order having started over half a century ago.

Iko Vel Iko Vel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom