Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Percision over Strength

Mauda

I put up no fight. When Ravenous' sabre began to draw towards him, I relaxed my grip and allowed to fall into his hand. As he struggled towards the ramp, I followed close behind. We descended, only to be greeted by a line of Ironscale Trandoshans. I stepped up to Ravenous' side and leaned my head in

"Welcome to Transport Dock Alpha. DEAD's temporary headquarters. I don't recommend putting up a fight, considering your current state."

We proceeded down the line, lizard eyes bowing before me but regarding Ravenous with deadly intent

"You currently don't have an accord by which you can operate. Leave this dock and you'll make it less than a mile before the Force betrays you and your spine reduces you to gasping flesh on the streets of the lower levels. These levels were my childhood, and I can tell you with confidence that the people who find you collapsed on the pavement will not be as caring as I am."

I stopped at the crossroads. Directly ahead was the Gate that lead out of the dock and into the streets. The road to the right lead to a cybernetics manufacturing workshop where we tested prototypes on un-willing volunteers.

"I present you with a choice. That gate leaves this Dock and leads to the streets. This way," I waved my hand to the right, "Is your continued existence. Leave this Dock, and you will either die, or be abandoned. Come with me, and you will suffer no longer, you will see a future much greater than what the Sith could ever offer you"

I stepped back and awaited Ravenous' decision.

[member="Darth ravenous"]

Ravenous

R
Ravenous stood motionless pondering his decision. His skill in the force was creditable but he had nor the aptitude nor the will to go on alone, For the moment at least. His hands reached to his head and he removed his mask holding it in the palm of his hand. As he did he could see all the blood, sweat, tears, Scorch marks, the dark red visor that enhanced his vision, The neural injectors releasing chemicals into his brain that left permanent burrows in his forehead. His life and history lied within the Masks seams. Maybe this was the problem, He shut himself from society and now its rushing in without warning or notice.

His head turned towards Orex his grey dyed hair swaying back into place.

"I will come with you but first I must ask you something. You judge the Sith for all our imperfections and lack of stability in our aspirations and each other. However the Sith as they claim are not a order they are a belief. They do what they feel is the forces will by exploring all aspects of it. You do not believe in them yet you are an expression of the forces will as am I. So i ask you why do you chose the path you have.

Ravenous' eyes traveled between his Lightsaber Orex and the guards in the hangar. It was a fleeting thought but none the less an intriguing one.

He thought about how many he could kill before he eventually died. He could turn on his Lightsaber right now and kill Orex. He could kill everyone here a stretch but still possible.

Even then it wouldn't be long before the Coruscant guard arrived and eventually overpowered him. His thoughts were spiraling out of control and becoming volatile and wild the intensity of his aurora was becoming increasingly dangerous at this point anyone unfortunate to be caught in it would feel as thought they were being stabbed repeatedly. He said the dark side was neither kind or cruel, but he was wrong it was the USER who determined the morality of their power.

Mauda

I watched as Ravenous removed his mask, contemplating. His face was an awful sight, but I suppose as was mine. I didn't want to disturb him and so I simply watched as he gathered his thoughts. Soon he made his decision, one that I had hoped for. His agreement to follow threw my mind into a chaos of ideas, but I soon settled on one. The question he posed was interesting, but fundamentally a misinterpretation of how I felt.

I inhaled through my nose and spoke, "My opinion when it comes to the Jedi and the Sith is not equal. Though I hate them both, I must admit I am partial towards the Sith. The Jedi have ruled this Galaxy far longer than the Sith ever have. But they have ruled with Dogmatism and Leniency. Once they settle into their throne they become quiet and boring. They do nothing but whisper secrets and give advice. After many years, sometimes Thousands, the Sith rise against the Jedi and attempt to seize dominion over the Galaxy. Have the Sith ever Succeeded? Yes. But for how long? The Sith will sit on the Galactic Throne for minutes compared to the Jedi, and then they are destroyed and sent into hiding for another thousand years."

I stopped for a moment and gazed into Ravenous' pained eyes, then continued,

"I respect both sides. But the Sith have Power. They have confidence and tenacity. I see the Ancient Sith Lords as Gods amongst men. The Sith today are children playing with dangerous Toys. The Jedi have remained how they always have been. And yet, as much as I respect them, I Hate Them. Why? Religion. What you and everyone else tend to forget is that the Jedi and Sith are nothing more than Popular Religions. You are a bunch of dogmatic Primates"

I found Primates came out my mouth with anger and heightened tone,

"You are Primates. You are backwards and lack a vision of the Future. As much as the Jedi see into the Future, they do nothing but hoard ancient artefacts and keep secrets amongst themselves. The Sith see a future, but only one that includes themselves."

I stopped to think further.

"Perhaps I haven't answered your question. What I feel, is that this Galaxy needs someone new. Something New. And that is where I come in. I judge the Jedi and Sith on what they have and have not achieved. But they are nothing more than an archaic cycle. I choose my path because my path is one of Determination to bring this Galaxy into a new age through Knowledge and Technology. You religious monkeys know Nothing of Science. I am here to change that. And I want you to come with me."

Orex waved again to the Workshop and began to walk towards it.

Ravenous

R
Ravenous stood complacent yet satisfied with the answer he received. He though was very passive about Orex's evaluation about the galaxy particularly the Jedi and the Sith order. He was an interesting fellow his Force signature reeked of pain, anger, hate, regret, fear, sadness. He had to have gone through something truly traumatic during his past, It was evident in his stride his mindset heck even the way he walked pointed to mental instability of sorts. In reality he didn't hold the right to judge what was and what wasn't right with the galaxy but then again neither did himself.

Wait a minute. That was it the fire the flame the spark that ignited the bonfire. It was a guess at best but it was entirely possible that it wasn't fully that the Jedi were libertarian or the Sith totalitarian. It was sitting right in front of the man the whole time he was just blind and deaf to it.

"Well when you really think about it consider this...Who actually holds the right to dictate what kind of society the galaxy should be? Who is the deciding factor in whats good and whats 'Evil'? No really think about it. The Jedi say that darkness should never rule and that the light should and will always hold true but...does it? And then the Sith believe they have all the power in the galaxy and yet of that were true wouldn't they have already succeeded in their conquest? The people shouldn't rule because to be frank...they are just pawns in a bigger game of chess. So the only people left are well...gods. I know you hate religion but who's to say whether or not it works its all a matter of what the fundamentals hold up."

In the middle of his statement Ravenous' mask flew back onto his face and his hood flew to the top of his head. His mind was racing but his spirit was stagnant it was an interesting state of mind but an acceptable one. He followed close behind Orex as they were heading towards the workshop. His eyes glinted and his pupils focused on his missing finger.

​"If you are contemplating replacing my missing appendage don't waste your with your dangerous life last few breaths on it. My strength in the force is strained enough i don't need infernal contraptions prolonging the repair of my connection."

His face wasn't contorted in anger but his words and tone of voice were venomous as if he was already suffering the effects of going under the blade.

Mauda

I listened intently to what Ravenous had to say. He was getting the point. An intelligent man, but one missing his potential.

"Nobody has the right. But those capable should exploit what advantage they have. Palpatine exploited this and so did the Jedi Council. Now it is up to us. Me, you and others. And yes, of course the people should not rule. Democracy does nothing but give power to useless people who crave it. Our people are stupid and ignorant. Their lack of intelligence should have no say on how the Galaxy functions."

Orex and his new student slowly made their way to what Orex considered Ravenous' salvation. But Ravenous did not think as much.

"Your persistence with primitive religion is holding you from repair. Your missing fingers and your Spine is shattered. I can fix that. Allow me to fix you. And once your repaired, I will discover your potential. And together, we will see a new future for this Galaxy"

Orex waved the workshop door open. Scarred lifeforms looked up at the pair and slowly moved away. Orex moved his hand towards an empty surgical table and looked at Ravenous.

Ravenous

R
He folded his arms and stared at the surgical table with a hint of reluctance. After a brief moment of standing by Ravenous finally made his way towards the surgical table and laid down on it. He submitted himself and allowed the droids to do their work.

But before they did Ravenous made an...odd request of the droids. He wanted them to operate on him while still conscious without the use of any sedatives or anesthetics, His body was damaged and he was afraid the droids might screw something up and make a mistake by remaining awake he could intervene if that were to happen. During the operation the droid cut him with cold surgical scalpels and poked and prodded him with syringes. It was agony but nothing he could not endure with great composure.

When the surgery was done Ravenous sat up and looked at his new appendage. If not for his masculine dignified demeanor he would've shed a tear he missed his old finger but would soon adjust. He fondled with it rubbing his natural fingers down its sides curling it in and out and eventually testing whether or not it affected his combat capabilities...no not at all it was as if nothing changed. His back on the other hand was no doubt better than it was before but still sore from the procedure it would past as most things do.

He walked out of the workshop and found Orex waiting outside, He approached his hand bearing marks from what could only be a series of incisions.

​"I must say Orex, You've done good by me and i appreciate that. But the fact remains you cut off my finger in the first place, I do not resent you for doing so if anything it provided a rudimentary challenge for me to face but nonetheless you did it i wont forget it. You have nothing to fear at the moment but you should always take my lethality into note."

He adjusted his mask momentarily, His eyes glowed a bright Sith orange under the mask.

[member="Orex Mauda"]

Mauda

Orex was pleased to see Ravenous emerge from the surgery.

"You went through quite the procedure. We replaced your spine with a cybernetically enhanced one, allowing for greater movement and back strength. And of course, the finger" He said as he looked at the metal appendage. "You are a greater man than you were before I cut off that finger. I can understand if you are angry, but do avoid trying to kill me until I am old and useless."

Orex offered a slight smile but it quickly disappeared.

"Now then. You are repaired. I want you to come with me to Manarai. It is a collection of destroyed mountains not far from here. There, I will introduce you to. something. Something that will grant you great power. After that, we will work towards my plans"

Orex lead Ravenous back to his personal craft, eager to begin anew.

(OOC - We can continue in this thread, or start another?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom