Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penny's Pick-a-Planet Progress Palooza!

skin, bone, and arrogance
1qiySO0.png

Welcome to Penny's Pick-a-Planet Progress Palooza!

The rules are simple: if you'd like to participate, you choose one of the unclaimed planets from the list of First Order holdings below, and then build it out. If you want to see military bases on that planet, go for it! Think it could use an opera house? Do it! Want to have a string of marshmallow factories built along the planet's equator? The power is yours! Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to build a living, breathing world on the planet of your choice by increasing roleplay locations, strategic military locations, impressive fortresses, elegant palaces, factories, restaurants, clubs -- or whole cities!

The only rules are these:
1. Respect the already-established culture of the planet, and the First Order, when developing your plans
2. Please do not hassle the Codex Judges, or waste their time. If you participate, please submit high-quality items!
3. Only ONE person can submit per planet, however you can enlist friends for any required development threads.
4. Rewards will be given at the discretion of your glorious leader - me :)
5. The contest will include any items submitted between 12/14/2016 and 1/14/2017.
6. Pick a planet from the list below - first come, first served.
7. For planets in bold, please work closely with established rulers, names indicated with the planets.
8. Additional rules depending on what comes out of this.

Planets to choose from:
Annaj ([member="Darell Irani"])
Anoat
Bakura - Claimed by [member="Max Fel"]
Bespin - Claimed by [member="Samka Derith"]
Bunduki ([member="Darth Carnifex"])
Dead Nebula
Effekt
Endor
Firrerre
Hoth
Isis
Ison
Jiroch-Reslia
Keskin
Lanteeb - claimed by [member="Roderik von Brinkerhoff"]
Lipsec - claimed by [member="Dunames Lopez"]
Mephout
Panatha ([member="Darth Carnifex"]) - claimed by [member="Darth Carnifex"]
Rattatak ([member="Darth Carnifex"])
Riflor ([member="Nathaniel Barrett"])
Ryoone
Seoul - claimed by [member="Marzena Choi"]
Skye - claimed by [member="Castor Ren"]
Sump
Thakwaa
Tel'erra
Trenwyth
Val'hala
Varonat
Varunda IX
Vassek
Verkuyl
Virgillia
Vortusa
Yalara ([member="Maurice Dalton"])
Zaranathea ([member="Argyle Crompton"])

Prizes will be awarded for multiple categories, including (but perhaps not limited to):
1. Best Theme (where all submissions go along a certain theme)
2. Most Prolific (for most ACCEPTED submissions)
3. Most Fitting - Planet (for the submission that best reflects the planet's culture/history)
4. Most Fitting - Faction (for the submission that best reflects the faction's culture/history)
5. Etc.

Samka Derith said:
I'd like to request Bespin please, [member="Natasi Fortan"] :) as it's the planet my character grew up on before involvement in the First Order it puts me in a good spot to build on it.
Done! Good luck! :)

Marzena Choi said:
I would like to request Seoul, even though it's not on the list :p

I had plans to submit some things soon anyway!
Do we own Seoul now? Is the Dominion done? If so I'll add it and it will be yours :)

[member="Natasi Fortan"] I'm not sure yet. Possibly either Skye or Thakwaa.

For those interested in building structures on our planets - it would be helpful to look up real-world fascist architecture, which can best be described as neoclassical brutalism. Since the First Order is all about dat aesthetic, it would go a long way if most of our buildings conformed to some kind of standard. It further develops our culture. The neo-classicist/brutalist technique also goes really well with the existing First Order aesthetic from the movies.

Helpful links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascist_architecture
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoclassical_architecture
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripped_Classicism

Let's get started. I'm going to link locations as I make them. This'll be a list of locations to use with their status in the Codex.

Bespin:​
Synthwave Club - Approved​
(made by [member="Phenex Ren"])​
(made by [member="Marzena Choi"])​
Pernnial Tea Room - Approved​
(made by [member="Marzena Choi"])​

Calrissian Plaza - Approved​
(It's called Smelting plant in the title because I changed the use of it during submission and forgot to change the title, whoops)​
If we're just looking for locations, I did make a cave system for Virgilia a while back for the use of the Ren. http://starwarsrp.net/topic/95632-equatorial-caves/

[member="Dunames Lopez"]

1 planet per person, 1 person per planet. Also per the rules, only submissions submitted in the time frame will be counted. Please review the rules and the planet list and let me know what you want to claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom