Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Pellu

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To continue to expand lore and aspects of Atrisia
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links:
GENERAL INFORMATION
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Temperate
  • Primary Terrain: Mountains, grasslands, lakes
  • Atmosphere: Type I
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City: ChiTao
  • Planetary Features: Having a static setting within Chitai itself. The world is considered small by most galactic standards almost a moon but temperate as it is protected from solar winds and dangers.
  • Major Locations:
    • ChiTao: The city within the world, highly regarded by the Chi-Omni for its beautiful landscapes. The city itself is large built within the world and is one massive series of corridors. THe surface being mountains and streams with dotted buildings that go down under the ground.
POPULATION
  • Native Species: Chi-Oni
  • Immigrated Species: Atrisian Slaves
  • Population: Sparse
  • Demographics: Tao
  • Primary Languages: Ancient Atrisian, Basic
  • Culture: Compared to the rest of Atrisia the Chi-Oni worship the old ways, the old blood. They remember in a more romantic way casting down the gods of their time and ascending to the stars to carve out an empire and the power of their Lords. It is the ancestors they honor who have since become to the primitive minds gods for their skills and endeavors. They are very big on belief in themselves and the strongest will rise to the top. To better organize though Chi-Oni society is set in three levels.
    • The highest is the Emperor/Empress Court with its host of lords and ladies who act as voice of the emperor and empress. There are no workers amongst the nobles of the Chi-Oni, keeping slaves to perform tasks save for fighting which they consider a sacred duty. For all menial tasks slaves of Atrisians and other races they have kidnapped from above are kept.
    • Below that are the merchants, the farmers, the everyday professions that are the lifeblood of Chitei trading, growing and healing the people. They have the best chances for advancement and through political marriages, wealth and status can raise in rank and power among the nobles.
    • THe lowest but not neglected are the slaves, the servants and workers.... the most numerous in many ways are prized. Like livestock they are bred for strength, speed and endurance selectively to increase the wealth of their masters and when the status rises so do their benefits with some servants becoming powerful enough to become masters of their own servants or having households that rival others. They can become the doctors and merchants through work and competing in the arena games.
  • Liaozhai Pantheon: The Chi-Oni controlled the entirety of Atrisian religions for a long time. They controlled the Tiantai and they in turn controlled all other religions.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Monarchy
  • Affiliation: Atrisian Commonwealth
  • Wealth: Wealthy: The Chi-Oni are decadent, hording tens of millions in terms of Atrisian jewels and wealth... with more valuing slaves. Offerings from the surface through manipulation of the priestesses and those in power by disguising themselves in legends and myth. THey are in ways the old gods, fathers and mothers to legendary rulers and warriors.. using that to control and direct the surface for slaves, for gold.
  • Stability: High: Pellu is controlled by the Chi-Oni who have worked for tens of millions of years developing the system of their own rule. THey keep things organized with a powerful standing arrmy.
  • Freedom & Oppression: Controlled, the Chi-Oni maintain a strict caste system that has maintained for tens of millions of years. With slaves and workers below them preforming the tasks while they train and prepare for fights or work out physically.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: Reserved for the Chi-Oni themselves, they might have slave soldiers under them but they are the fighters and some of the strongest of the world itself.
  • Technology: Atrisian Standard: High grade fabricators, material synthesis, agricultural, medical and population cultivation to make sure there is enough food for everyone and purifiers for water and air.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Birth of Atrisia
: ??? - 5,000,000,000 BBY

The Atrisia at the birth of the universe was a hot swirling nebulous mass. It cooled and as it cooled it shrank, at length a thin solid mass formed the outer surface. A shell two thousand kilometers thick.... but within it was partially molten matter and highly expanded gasses. As it continued to cool centrifugal force hurled the particles at the center against the interior crust of the shell. Leaving only a small superheated core of nebulous gas at the center of the space as the cooling gases contracted. The equal attraction of the solid crust from all directions maintained the luminous core in the exact center of the hollow world. What remained of it in time became the ever shining sun giving warmth to that which would grow within. It has since been there in the hollow world of Atrisia serving as a place for the most lavish of the Chi-Oni and later for the empress herself to make a palace. It continued to be in use for millions of years as the Commonwealth discovered the secret of the Chi-Oni and their world.. coming down there and establishing a line of communication and trade officially. With construction on Pellu for emergency stores to be kept should another attack come.

Last edited:
Ello Junko Ike Junko Ike !

I'll put this under review. I do ask for your patience as I review this, due to being a trainee codex judge this may take longer to review than usual. I appreciate it!

What I do need to ask before I start judging this! Was this submission meant to be a planet or a location? I see it uses the planet template, however has been posted in locations. If this is meant to be treated as a planet, I'll get it moved up and we'll have a look at it!

With thanks!

Last edited:
Hello there!

Okay, before we do anything more with this, I think there’s a lot of clarity needed around what we’re dealing with here. I’ve had someone else from the staff team read over this and at first glance were both getting to the same conclusions, which is that this submission is a moon within a planet.

If that’s correct, please let me know. If not, could you please provide some clarity on where I have gone wrong please.

With thanks!

Junko Ike Junko Ike

Srina Talon Srina Talon

That was what I based it on, ERB's hollow earth from the Pellucidar series. Which had a moon rotating between the central sun at the core and the inner shell of the earth. The rotating caused by the perfect positioning within the gravity and being the only way to properly measure time.

Ah - I see. A moon rotating inside of another planet like that naturally though doesn't really seem to be Star Wars. If it was static and non-moving it would fit more with the universe. I wasn't able to find any canon examples of exactly what you're describing (I believe, due to gravity...) but a more general Hollow Earth theory would be acceptable.

Edit: Even in the example you gave from the Pellucidar series it actually states the opposite about time.

"Pellucidar is lit by a miniature sun suspended at the center of the hollow sphere, so it is perpetually overhead and gives a sensation of eternal noon wherever one is in Pellucidar. The sole exception is a region directly under a tiny geostationary moon of the internal sun. As a result, this region is under a perpetual eclipse and is known as the "Land of Awful Shadow". The moon has its own plant life and (presumably) animal life, and either has its own atmosphere or is simply suspended within Pellucidar's. The miniature sun does not change in brightness and never sets. As a result, with no night or seasonal progression, the natives have little concept of time."

And a moon existing within a planet...Again, that's just not Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom