Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pearls of Wisdom [Feedback]

For the past half a year or so, I’ve scaled back a lot of my involvement in the site. While a lot of this was due to juggling a combination of work and grad school (help me), I felt like I just wasn’t enjoying writing as much as I used to. Maybe I wasn’t connecting with my characters liked I used to, or maybe their stories have already been written. The last thing I wanted was for my characters to Simpsons themselves!

Most of you know me as Joza Perl, a character I’ve put a lot of work into over the past few years. I’ve never really done a family story line before, but I’ve seen them done very well here. So I decided to age up Joza’s kids and write them as PCs, which breathed some measure of life back into my muse. It’s been a lot of fun writing the scrappy smuggler Yula, and most recently, Nida the scarred, gentle healer. What I’m hoping is that these characters come across as unique enough to be their own person (people?) while still retaining some characteristics of their mother and upbringing on Zeltros. I’m slowly bringing back Joza, so this feedback request covers her as well. Also Farah, because she’s technically a Perl too, even though she’s mean.

If you haven’t read anything with the Perl kiddos and would like to, here are a few threads from each:

Yula:

Nida:

I’m trying to take things slowly this time around and not jump into too many storylines at once. I’ve been partial to fluff and romance stories lately, because that’s largely unexplored territory for me and personal relationships can have a lot of satisfying depth to them. How do things look so far? Too dramatic? Too bland? Do things seem to fit, or am I trying to do something that doesn’t seem quite right?

I’d love to hear any feedback the community has, even if we’ve never spoken. New faces are always welcome :) As always, feel free to PM me here or DM me on discord if you feel more comfortable ripping me to shreds in private.

JVHj5MU.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom