Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
3884536124_0d71c9ef47_z.jpg

Source

Name: Pearl

Loyalties: Shard Network

Role: Pearl is a skilled astromech. And swordsman. Will combine the two whenever possible.

Development Threads: N/A

Age: At least 400 years old, but there are oddities in her memory that suggest it may be higher

Species: Shard

Force Sensitivity: Knight

Appearance: Though most Shards can move freely between chassis, Pearl is stuck in an astromech droid.

Personality: Pearl is a hothead. She's good at her job, and she knows it, and she will make sure you know it. She secretly wants a cat, but will never get one, because she can't bend over to pick them up in her astromech body.

Weapon of Choice: Lightsaber

Wealth: Pearl is not wealthy, but like most Shards, a couple of centuries of compound interest has added up to a comfortably full savings account.

Combat Function: Despite her "handicap", Pearl is a skilled swordsman. Her chassis has several specialiazed manipulator arms designed specifically to allow her to use a lightsaber. She has a specialized fighting style specifically adapted for her lack of maneuverability that focuses on impenetrable defense (to varying degrees of success) until the opportunity to land a surprise attack presents itself.

Skills: A mild talent for TK, not enough to be useful in combat, but handy in the astromech socket of a starfighter. Surprisingly talented with illusion. Cannot implant images in another being's mind, but can bend the Force to make it reflect the desired color. The result is solid-seeming constructs that are, in reality, nothing of the sort. Cannot make them very large; a human-sized object taxes her ability nearly to the breaking point.

Notable Possessions: A krayt dragon pearl lightsaber, from which she got her name. She wasn't looking for one, but the krayt dragon tried to eat her. It only seemed fair.

Other Notes: Like most Shards, Pearl is technically asexual. She prefers feminine pronouns because Pearl is typically a feminine name, and people tend to anthropomorphize their droids anyway. Might as well save everyone the heartache.

Intent: Years and years ago, I wrote a lightsaber-wielding astromech as my main character. It was great fun, but I had to hang it up because admin duties sucked up all my time. Never really had a chance to pick it back up, and while I don't have time for another character, it would be nice to bring in an NPC from time to time.

[member="Rusty"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Fairly balanced, it has some obvious handicaps and moderate strengths. I applaud you for the creativity here, I don't think I've ever seen a submission quite like this.

Approved Pending Secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom