Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Peacemaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revolver_zpswzzfonkz.png

|Out of Character|
  • Image Source: Firefly Weapon Concepts
  • Intent: To better identify Arlan's slugthrower sidearm.
  • Development Thread: N/A
|Production Information|
  • Manufacturer: Arlan Zy'rosh
  • Affiliation: Arlan Zy'rosh
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Minor
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, Slugthrower Components, Ionizer
|Specifications|
  • Classification: Slugthrower
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 26.7cm
  • Weight: 2.32kg
  • Ammunition Type: Ionized Slugs
  • Ammunition Capacity: 6 shots in the cylinder, 24 charges per Ion charge pack.
  • Effective Range: 50m
  • Rate of Fire: Depends upon the person and their ability to cock and fire the weapon.
  • Reload Speed: Depends upon the person and their ability to manually reload.
  • Special Features: Built in Ionizer.
|Description|
After years of trial and error, most of which done in his earlier years as paramilitary contractor, Arlan was eventually able to construct a viable sidearm to meet his needs. The base of which was taken from a standard cylinder, two action, slugthrower revolver. Arlan prized the simplicity of old school style firearms due to their practicality and maintainability, believing such weapons to be more feasible in his line of work than newer model blasters. After stripping the revolver down Arlan's first step was extending the barrel to a length of 26.7cm to better increase the weapon's range and facilitate it's hefty knockdown power. Arlan next went to work ensuring the weapons had a fairly slim design, shaving down the sights completely, to allow for quicker draw and reaction time. Despite that, the revolver would still be quite heavy due to the large caliber slugs Arlan opted to use to increase the sheer power of the weapon. The design remained simplistic through and through, priding firepower over capacity and range. Meant purely as a close quarters combat weapon and nothing more, the Peacemaker only comes out when no other option is left.

It is important to note, that while the Peacemaker is in many ways a standard slugthrower revolver, it does stand apart from it's stock cousin in one major way. Arlan learned long ago that slugthrowers, while practical, were not up to snuff when it came to most heavy duty armors employed by larger organizations. In that regard blasters seemed the more useful weapon to keep in one's arsenal, yet Arlan was not quite ready to relinquish his revolver just yet. Acquiring a low capacity Ionizer, Arlan secured the device within the barrel of the weapon as a tagging system. After firing a slug, as it travels through the barrel, it passes through the ionizer. Once done the slug is wrapped in a shroud of energy equivalent to a low yield blaster. Because of this the Peacemaker is given properties of both blaster and slugthrower, if only in limited quantities. Once making contact the ion shroud dissipates after a few seconds, but the slug persists as typical of weapons of it's sort. It is also important to state that after twenty-four rounds are fired the ionizer becomes useless until it is recharged, rendering the revolver a normal slugthrower yet again. However; Arlan has found great use for this weapon in it's time serving him and plans to continue utilizing it for the foreseeable future.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

This looks pretty good. There is one concept I'm not familiar with though:

Arlan Zy'rosh said:
Acquiring a low capacity Ionizer, Arlan secured the device within the barrel of the weapon as a tagging system. After firing a slug, as it travels through the barrel, it passes through the ionizer. Once done the slug is wrapped in a shroud of energy equivalent to a low yield blaster. Because of this the Peacemaker is given properties of both blaster and slugthrower, if only in limited quantities. Once making contact the ion shroud dissipates after a few seconds, but the slug persists as typical of weapons of it's sort.

Is the intent to give it some "energy weapon" damage then too? Is the ion charge make it more effective against electronics like an ion cannon?

this isn't to cast any doubt on the concept. The basic concept of giving a slugthrower some characteristics of a energy weapon is pretty soundly established with Bowcasters.

[member="Gir Quee"]
I actually took the concept from a game I played a while back, in which they use what they called Ionizers to envelop weapons and ammunition in energy. I know the more correct terms for ionization, at least in Star Wars, would be in line with your reasoning. I meant it, however, to be more like a bowcaster as you said wrapping slugs in energy to give them both blaster and slug capabilities. If you'd like I can change the ionizer to an energy enveloper or something similar to that?

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"], as far as I know, there isn't a particularly named piece of technology in the bowcaster that does the energy sheathing. I'm fine with an ionizer doing the energy sheathing. I just wanted to see if an ionization effect was intended. With that being said, this is good to go conceptually.

I just noticed that it's missing the "Development thread" and "rate of fire" fields from the ranged weapon template. This doesn't need a development thread, so you can put "N/A" for that. Once they're added in, I'll give it the stamp of approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom