Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship PC-311 Patrol Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
a_12_airsupfighter_by_joaskleineart-d60vkyp.jpg

http://joaskleineart.deviantart.com/art/A-12-Airsupfighter-364270561

Intent: To provide a patrol craft for the Confederacy of Independent Systems for added security to their worlds
Development Thread:
Manufacturer:Haor Chall Engineering
Model:PC-311
Affiliation:Confederacy of Independent Systems
Modularity: None
Production:Mass
Material:Alusteel/Transparisteel
Description: 

The PC-311, more popularly known as the Skate Patrol Craft was developed by Haor Chall to provide the Confederacy of Independent Systems with a quick-response, and intercept, craft for use by its planetary policing forces. The Skate is made to be piloting by one pilot, but will be able to reach its pinnacle when crewed by two, a pilot and a gunner, or a pilot and an astromech. The Gunner will man the 180 degree Triple Blaster Cannon, as well as perform the role of the Radar-Intercept Officer.

Designed to be launched and utilized in planetary atmosphere as well as in space, the Skate does perform quick intercepts fairly well. As it was designed as a primarily atmospheric based craft, it is armed with a turreting blaster cannon and forward linked ion cannons to prevent unnecessary collateral damage when performing patrols and security missions within friendly space.

Powered by two Event Horizon Engines, and utilizing a pair of air intake ramps to keep the engines from overheating in atmosphere. As with most atmospheric fighters, the intake ramps assist with adding pressure to the fighter at higher speeds.

The Skate may not be the most attractive ship, but it does its job well.

Classification: Patrol Craft
Role: System Security
Height: 4 Meters
Width:5 Meters at body, 14 at wingtip
Length: 10.5 Meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating:None
Minimum Crew:1
Optimal Crew:2 (Pilot and Gunner or Astromech)
Armaments:

• Two Forward Facing Ion Cannons

• One Forward Facing Triple Blaster

• One Forward Facing Warhead Launcher (5 missiles)
Hangar: None

Non-Combative Attachments:

• Communications Array

• Standard Shield Generator

• Standard Sensors Suite

• Standard Life Support

• Standard Targeting Systems

• Fighter-Grade Tractor Beam

• Chaff Launcher
Passenger Capacity: 2
Cargo Capacity: 150 kg
Consumables:1 week
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 2

This ship is too small to have tractor beams, the only cannon fighter that I can think of that had one was the TIE Defender which was an 'elite' starfighter and even then its tractor was under powered. I'm also curious about what's preventing the engines from overclocking in space and why you're using that term as I'm mostly familiar with it in regard to computers.
@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
I went through and worked on the Intake Ramp. As the ship is used in atmosphere, i assumed it would need assistance of Intake Ramps, the same way fighters in the modern world do. I assumed as well that the engines in space wouldn't need assistance with overheating, as its space, and its cold? If this needs to be fleshed out more, I will.

Additionally, as it IS a patrol boat, is there any way to make it have the tractor beam? If I remove warhead launchers, can I keep a weakened Tractor Beam? If not, I will remove the tractor beam.

@[member="Domino"]

Now we're getting into RL science areas. Modern fighters need the air intakes for the jet engines to compress oxygen and work, SW ships don't so the whole area is rather moot. Space is also the poorest conductor of heat as it's a vacuum, there's nothing for the heat to transfer to. Space can also be extremely hot and is only cold in shadow or when your far from the sun, well beyond the habitable planet band.

Drop a launcher and bump the other up to 5 missiles and I think it'll be okay.
@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom