Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Paths in the Force

T h e D e s e r t R o s e

The Sliver Rest - Kashyyyk
-
Lightsaber Training Drill l Meet other Padawans
-
Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

It was today, her brain registering as her eyes opened, the light of the morning just barely making its way through the forest canopies and into the window of her small room. Why…why couldn’t she just have a few more moments of sleep? No – that wasn’t the right question to be asking herself, the correct question would have been why did she have to stay out so late practicing? She groaned as she forced her body to move as she sat up, the dark orange hair pushing out into several different directions as she groaned, laying back into the bed, hands moving up towards her pillow as she stuffed it down onto her face – a long and shrill scream heard muffled as her hands fell back to her sides. With another defeated sigh, Anneliese pushed the pillow off her face and managed to somehow push back the sheets that seemed to weigh as much as the duracrete and got up to ready herself for lightsaber training… this was going to be a long day.

Moments would pass and the doors to her room would open with a gentle ‘hiss’, Anneliese stepping out in her normal attire, her once mangled hair now tamed… well, as much as the unruly curls would allow. Heading down the halls towards the Training Grounds, noting the lingering stares of passerby's, Padawans speaking to Masters -- all the while her hand sliding down to feel the training lightsaber clipped onto her belt, brought the painful reminder that she was here, but was without Master... that she listed woefully across an ocean that seemed devoid of direction and had no end in sight. That was what today reminded her of as she went to yet another session to try to gain favor among the Masters. Her eyes scanned the halls as she made polite bows to passing higher ranked members of the Order. It wasn’t that she was ungrateful for the Silver Order… it was the opposite. They had taken her in, an orphaned nobody. She had lost everything, but they freely gave her everything… that made her want to give it all to them, to the Order, to the cause that was the Jedi. Approaching the end of the long hallway, Anneliese stopped as the scent of the forest filled her nostrils, a slight smile forming on her face as she closed her eyes and rested in the moment, forgetting what was behind… and remembering what lie ahead for her she would push down the 'what ifs' of her life, the voice that said she couldn't, because she knew.... she could. "LETS DO THIS!" Anneliese shouted out with determination, appearing much like a energetic monkey in a tree, beating on its own chest.

The ground was soft, her footsteps now muffled as she made her way to the training field. Coming to a slightly halt, she looked around as she checked her wrist link device, once again groaning. “What?… I’m early?!? No……” Anneliese hung her head slightly, inwardly crying as she thought of the sleep she lost but could have had… it was, depressing to say the least – but, lifting her head up slightly, her jade eyes full of fire, she unclipped her training saber from her belt and ignited the blade, the blue blade used for training students illuminating her clothing and mixing with the freshly risen sunlight which also seemed to ignite her hair, the dark orange hair now seemingly ablaze. Squaring her stance and bringing her arms awkwardly into two points, she began to practice her frontal slashes and thrusts, alternating between both. Inwardly, she felt all the time she had spent practicing was eventually… going to pay off, however, outwardly if anyone else would peer over, it would be much like a rancor in a china shop, devoid of grace and finesse.

Ura slowly walked out to the training grounds, her mind oddly quiet in part because of how early it was. Yes, she was starting to approach the end of her training, but considering she'd been out of combat for a while now, a combination of the time she needed after the Bryn invaded her homeworld, and recent events. Now though, she wanted to make sure she wasn't too rusty with a lightsaber.

As she walked up to training field soon though to see someone early, and looking lake she didn't exactly know what she was doing. Ura tilted her head, carefully speaking up in her normal monotone voice, though the Force around her would show here curiosity,

"Uh.... Hello."

Anneliese Anneliese Aayla Shan Aayla Shan

tpuAKtr.gif

Aayla walked briskly, boots clipping the marble within Silver Rest on her way to eat some breakfast. She should've been taking her 'year long vacation' already, but could still help with things like this, low impact training from the next generation was something she would never pass up on. Turning the corner into the cafeteria, the kitchen staff as usual got up the earliest, and a heavenly, luscious mixture of smells wafted in the air around the cafeteria. Many members of the SDF were already getting themselves fuel to shove off to their assigned tasks.

Aayla got herself a cup of tea. lightly sugared, with a dash of milk; pairing it with a pair of buttered baguettes and would sit by herself. Glancing over her itinerary for the week, right up until it went empty in a few days, and would remain so for some time. She was wearing her own custom Jedi Ranger Robes, complete with the two red pieces of fabric that hung at the back, her hair a Raven black. Anyone looking at her would notice a dash of scars running along her left cheek, disappearing behind her hair, but seemingly running right up to her scalp, while visibly stopping just by the corner of her lip, to her chin. It had long lost its red streak, but the grooves were still visible.

She had gotten up early to exercise and stretch, so she didn't rush with her meal, only eating with one hand to not greasy the other as she flipped through the gathered files on Ura Lolar, and Anneliese. She didn't have anyone else today? That was a relief... She was allergic to mass gatherings of padawan; they had a tendency to act up in groups. She took a sip of tea, and rolled her shoulders, only glancing at the cafeteria a few times as she read through the report.

Ura was a usual around the order certainly, it wasn't the first time she had heard of her. It was back before they lost Kuxierra though, a long time...

Annaliese, was a brand new face to her specifically, but her Master's name Jax Thio Jax Thio brought a smirk to Aayla's lips. What a small galaxy it was... Undoubtedly she expected some finesse from this girl regarding Shii-Cho, Ataru, and Shien; she wouldn't disrespect him enough to even begin instruction in it. Though... she would soon find that perhaps Annaliese needed a little more TLC in all departments regarding Saber Form.

She was going to see him on... Tython. So she was going to go out on the front lines, so young... Aayla's left hand absent-mindedly ran along her scars; inhaling a bit and reading on. A Gurlanin, with the ability to adapt other forms of life. Hmm, long gone were the days that she thought she was something unique. These padawans came in every color of the nebula these days.

She finished eating, placed what she used in the rotary line to be placed in a Sonic Dishwasher by the kitchen staff, and set off. Still holding the holo-pad, but now tactfully underarm, she had a good idea of what she needed to do with them today. Make sure they were ready to assist with their specific duties once they got to their destinations...

"LETS DO THIS!" Anneliese shouted out with determination, appearing much like a energetic monkey in a tree, beating on its own chest.

Aayla's eyes narrowed up the hall, as well as did a few somber, and strolling Masters disturbed from their meditations by yet another unruly Silver Padawan. Half of her shared the discontent, while a still very padawan part of her forced a smirk on her lips.

The energy of young was a thing to behold. When she neared the top of the steps, she looked again, and got there just in time to see the pair had arrived early... She liked that.

Time to make introductions... She briskly flitted down the steps, before inhaling the sweet air of the Kashyyyk jungle aronud them, noting Annaliese had already unclipped her saber and was taking a few swings.

Squaring her stance and bringing her arms awkwardly into two points, she began to practice her frontal slashes and thrusts, alternating between both. Inwardly, she felt all the time she had spent practicing was eventually… going to pay off, however, outwardly if anyone else would peer over, it would be much like a rancor in a china shop, devoid of grace and finesse.

Aayla had walked up to within about eight meters of the pair, observing this and simply holding back the humor that filled her. Seems they were going to be taking it from step one today.

"Good morning, Padawans..."

She quipped immediately, and if Annaliese would've stopped Aayla would shake her hand dismissively.

"Continue, Ura you can show me some of what you've learned as well. Today will be nice and easy. Not a test, simply base instruction on the lightsaber forms, and their applications. Ah, and I appreciate you both getting here on time. I'll note it."

Aayla said, in fact raising the holo-pad and marking them as early, with commendations. She knew all too well how the good things one did could fall through the cracks and refused to be one such person that didn't notate such things. For now Aayla moved to a kneel, simultaneously putting the holo=pad on the grass before one knee at a time, resting on the grooves of her hindfeet, and clasping her hands together gently.

Waiting for them to do as she had asked, she would introduce herself to the pair.

"I'm Jedi Knight Aayla-Senn Shan, I'll be handling your evaluations today. My purpose is to guide, and assist. And give instruction where applicable. Those your Masters in the end will decide your paths, think of me as... Well, a substitute teacher."

She quipped, smirking at the pair and falling silent. Time to see what they were capable of.
2FS8YbB.png
Anneliese Anneliese Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

The Silver Rest - Kashyyyk
-
Lightsaber Training Drill l Meet other Padawans
-

As she walked up to training field soon though to see someone early, and looking lake she didn't exactly know what she was doing. Ura tilted her head, carefully speaking up in her normal monotone voice, though the Force around her would show here curiosity,

"Uh.... Hello."

Noting the approaching presence, the lightsaber that was in her hand de-ignited and she clipped it to her belt. Anneliese, naturally inquisitive noted the stray flecks of sand shimmering on her and around her in the fresh morning light. "Hi! I'm Anneliese -- Oh my gosh, I love how the light hits --" But, per usual, her immediate exuberance was extinguished as their instructor arrived, Anneliese immediately refocusing her attention.

Aayla had walked up to within about eight meters of the pair, observing this and simply holding back the humor that filled her. Seems they were going to be taking it from step one today.

"Good morning, Padawans..."

She quipped immediately, and if Annaliese would've stopped Aayla would shake her hand dismissively.

Anneliese stopped speaking to Ura, for now, noting the normal dismissive manner she received from their instructor..., ' Just like all the rest she thought' as her head came down slightly. The other Padawan was known, she wasn't, she was the 'no-name'... she was just there. Tilting her head upwards, she began to raise her hand and speak, pushing, clawing just to be known, to be acknowledged. "Hi, morning! I'm Annelie--...." Spoke too soon, again, as Aayla continued to speak. So wait.... she wasn't even a Master? Was this a test, Anneliese quizzically looking from side to side? Was she put here instead of another group because she was a waste of time? Thoughts consumed her mind as she violently forced them down within her mind. Anneliese pausing once again now as Aayla spoke of their Masters... did she not know? Her hand raised slightly again, Anneliese speaking before being given permission.... " Um... Ma'am? Knight Shan... I-I, um, I don't have, a Master yet.... You see, I've just come back from an assignment, and was told to report here for further combat training... but, I--, I haven't been selected." That word, 'selected', stung like a thousand fire eaters as she stood there, her hands clasped together, stance now appearing extremely diminutive and defeated.

While Ura didn't have a mouth to smile, the somewhat warm feeling of her being happy to hear the cutoff compliment was clear. But she quickly turned her attention to Knight Shan, bowing slightly in respect, and quickly shifting to mimic of the robes Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor had given her. While Lervon weren't fans of clothing in general, they were fine with this mimicking of them. She would sneak in an "I'm Ura" to Anneliese before focusing on the lesson though. Then she was asked to show what she knew.

Ura would give a nod as her seemed to pull into her sandy body, leaving room for the emitter of her hidden lightsaber to come through before she ignited it. She would start to display her somewhat rusty skills. She used a lot of thrusts and slashed; using the almost fluid nature of how her species moved to quickly shift to different orientation, even "switching" hands with blade that was used more like a gauntlet-saber. When she was done, the blade would be deactivated, and after some time to cool she would hide the saber again and reform her hand.

Then Aayla fully introduced herself, and Anneliese quickly corrected her on something. She didn't have a Master yet? Ura was kind of surprised, but it had also taken her a while to find a Master too, so it wasn't the worst thing in the world. Ura simply pat her fellow Padawan's shoulder, hoping she didn't feel too worried about it.

tpuAKtr.gif

Well, enough. Aayla's mental prowess within the Force was abysmal, and borderline non-existent. So those thoughts from Annaliese would remain private, from her anyway. Aayla would have felt terrible to know she came off the same way she felt at times during her studies with the Silvers. It made her suddenly consider how things had gone then. It felt like yesterday she was in the one in this field, retrieving instruction from Jax... Having Calti-... Err, Master Vanagor highjack their lessons. She smiled at the memories, remaining knelt, and briefly daydreaming.

" Um... Ma'am? Knight Shan... I-I, um, I don't have, a Master yet.... You see, I've just come back from an assignment, and was told to report here for further combat training... but, I--, I haven't been selected."

What in the world was she talking about? Aayla's face scrunched up in confusion, picking up the holo-pad from the ground and looking through the information again. She understood now... Anneliese simply wasn't aware she had been selected yet. Welp, what was done was done. Thinking so for the rest of the morning couldn't hurt too much. In fact, it may even bring out some deeper focus from the padawan. She pretended to read a few seconds longer than she needed to, then curiously rested her pools of mercury upon Anneliese, feigning ignorance.

"Well, lets see how you do today. And I'll put in a good word for you."

Aayla responded, smiling to the girl before he eyes drifted over to Ura.

Ura would give a nod as her seemed to pull into her sandy body, leaving room for the emitter of her hidden lightsaber to come through before she ignited it. She would start to display her somewhat rusty skills. She used a lot of thrusts and slashed; using the almost fluid nature of how her species moved to quickly shift to different orientation, even "switching" hands with blade that was used more like a gauntlet-saber. When she was done, the blade would be deactivated, and after some time to cool she would hide the saber again and reform her hand.

Blame it on Aayla's power-hungry drive to excel, she had never actually met Ura although they were padawans at the same time, albeit briefly. She watched her display with interest, noting that it was difficult to properly instruct them immediately. With their natural abilities, they had the potential to be... Well, unstoppable in saber play. The ability to be so fluid with a saber, while displacing oneself made her stare with curiosity for a good while.

Ura consoled Annaliese, and Aayla would stand to her feet. She had a better idea... She was still, early, in her own personal... Things, so a little movement couldn't hurt.

"I see you have a training saber, Anna' if you don't mind me calling you that. And Ura it seems your saber is the real deal. If you haven't already, can you set it to a training setting. We're going to do a brief spar. Both of you against me. Let's see how you work in impromptu teams..."

Aayla said, rising to her feet and clipping one of her sabers (her newest, yellow Kyber) from her belt.

"No Force Usage, and no usage of abilities, outside of the ones you cannot control. I want to see what you guys have got... Oh, and don't hold back."

She said, activating her own yellow saber with a snap hiss before looking down to scoop the holopad under foot and lightly heave it off a ways. It wouldn't break, and if it did, she was sure she could get another one. For now, she got some space from the pair, beginning to flourish her saber before settling into the stance of Soresu. She had no intention of attacking them, but didn't want them to go too crazy either. So, she would focus on defending, and observation.

2FS8YbB.png

-
Lightsaber Training Drill l Become Besties with Ura & Gain Aayla's Approval l Engage Aayla
-

She would sneak in an "I'm Ura" to Anneliese before focusing on the lesson though. Then she was asked to show what she knew.
Anneliese smiled at she heard Ura introduce herself, it was nice to make friends, and once again, Anneliese couldn't help but to absolutely love the way the light glistened off of Ura, displaying her natural beauty, the Galaxy, in her opinion was home to several new and exciting sentient species, and there was nothing more Anneliese loved doing, than trying to make a new friend or difference in someones life each day.

"Well, lets see how you do today. And I'll put in a good word for you."

Aayla responded, smiling to the girl before he eyes drifted over to Ura.

Anneliese simply nodded and bowed slightly out of respect, but internally, all she could do was sigh. How many Masters and Knights prior had said those exact same words... but, not allowing her despair to extinguish her hope she would believe Aayla as every other one before and hope that today, this exercise, made the difference. Upon however, addressing Ura again, she felt the comforting pat that Ura gave to her in regards to her lack of success in the area of getting a Master... it was what it was, but, it was definitely nice to be comforted and acknowledged. However, once Ura began, Anneliese couldn't help but squeal in sheer astonishment as she watched in aw as Ura displayed her unique lightsaber proficiency, a hint however of envy moving in as she looked down at her training saber. It seemed like no matter how hard she practiced, how late, how many repetitions... lightsaber combat and her, didn't click -- yet. Maybe, just maybe... she'd be able to gleen more from this session, as unlike others in the past, she already felt more welcomed by her fellow Padawan than times prior.

"I see you have a training saber, Anna' if you don't mind me calling you that. And Ura it seems your saber is the real deal. If you haven't already, can you set it to a training setting. We're going to do a brief spar. Both of you against me. Let's see how you work in impromptu teams..."

Aayla said, rising to her feet and clipping one of her sabers (her newest, yellow Kyber) from her belt.

"No Force Usage, and no usage of abilities, outside of the ones you cannot control. I want to see what you guys have got... Oh, and don't hold back."

Anneliese felt the effort Aayla put forth as she asked to give her a more personal nickname. Nicknames were nice she thought to herself as she smiled and nodded, her entire demeanor almost shifting now at that one bit of acceptance. "No holding back." Igniting her saber and looking towards Ura, Anneliese stepped over towards the left flank and took on a form two stance, her left foot forward, right hand holding the saber as the left stood ready to assist in blocking or for power if needed. Her eyes shifted to Ura. This would be different from Tatooine, she took a few strategic steps forward, moving in a direct line towards Aayla until, like a loaded gun, her jade eyes would narrow, nodding towards Ura to help flank Aayla, Anneliese would dash forward, saber coming up and downwards towards Aayla in a downward strike trying to keep her attention focused on her so that Ura could move in and help overpower, well... that was the plan at least she thought.

Ura looked surprised. No Force or abilities outside what they had to use. Just a basic saber match. Ura would quickly slide her saber to the surface of her body to show them that it was set to training, and giving Anneliese and Aayla a chance to see the odd thing about Ura’s lightsaber. It seemed to not have a full hilt.

Ura would then once again draw in her right hand and let the emitter take its place before igniting the cyan blade.

“Read my when you are.” Ura would then bring the blade up to a Form 3 stance, considering he didn’t like the idea of becoming glass there more defensive form was usual base for her, or course mix with a more Lervonian style. She would pick up on her fellow Padawan’s nod, moving to the other side of Aayla. She did say don’t hold back. So when Anneliese went to strike Ura followed suit, quickly moving for a slightly thrusting swing.

tpuAKtr.gif

This girl was a firecracker, Ura was still waiting for direction, but Annaliese had gone on the offensive already, causing Aayla to use her Form three to bring the single saber up to block her weapon with relative ease, afterwhich Ura followed up striking at her with a lunge, but she arced her saber away from his side, and spun away to be more so on Annaliese's side, letting her saber glance off of her own, and effectively creating a natural wall between her and Ura. Seemingly content on keeping the spar focused on one of them attacking at a time. Aayla backstepped fluidly, flourishing her weapon before coming to rest in Form One.

"Good Initiative, you too Ura..."

She smirked, realizing she had completely avoided him, and would attempt to do so again. They were both doing well, but they had only gotten one stroke done so far, there was more to uncover here.

"Against a strong opponent, even you two can do better. Timing, teamwork... We're in an open field, your first objective should be to surround, and limit the movements of your foe. Anna, your stroke is wonderful, but JUST a bit wide. Again, anticipate not only each other movements, but my own... You've seen what I just did, try to anticipate my actions."

Aayla said, setting her feet solidly and narrowing her eyes on Annaliese, seemingly intent on making sure the girl didn't have it too easy, but also constantly readjusting her stand depending on Ura's actions. While she had asked them to attempt to surround her, she seemed intent on not making i it easy for either of them to do so.

The lesson at this point being to see if Annaliese would note that she as well could prompt this by changing her own trajectory. It wasn't all up to Ura to attack the flank, when Annaliese could create one simply by orbiting her opponent.

2FS8YbB.png

-
Lightsaber Training Drill l Become Besties with Ura & Gain Aayla's Approval l Engage Aayla
-
This girl was a firecracker, Ura was still waiting for direction, but Annaliese had gone on the offensive already, causing Aayla to use her Form three to bring the single saber up to block her weapon with relative ease, afterwhich Ura followed up striking at her with a lunge, but she arced her saber away from his side, and spun away to be more so on Annaliese's side, letting her saber glance off of her own, and effectively creating a natural wall between her and Ura. Seemingly content on keeping the spar focused on one of them attacking at a time. Aayla backstepped fluidly, flourishing her weapon before coming to rest in Form One.

Anneliese simply blinked a few times, her line of vision changing slightly as she realized that Aayla had deflected her blow and managed to position herself on the far end of both of them. Her jade eyes narrowed at Aayla as she squared back off onto her. Glancing over to Ura, giving her side eye, she reach out into the force and spoke to her. << She's right, we need to surround her... I say, we both circle her in opposing directions; and with a series of faints we both move into direct attacks, push her the way we want her to go. >>

Upon Aayla finished, Anneliese tightened her grip upon the hilt of her saber. She took a breath in and out, focusing on her surrounds... drawing upon the force. For a brief moment her eyes would close.... "Be strong, you have to be strong.". Quickly snapping open, Anneliese took off circling Aayla, aided by the force. Upon circling with aided speed, and hopefully Ura would be in tow... however Anneliese not really having been one to have waited for her comrades reply due to her eagerness, would go in and at Aayla with a quick faint attack, slicing upwards towards her, only to rotate around, her blade reversing grip as she would once again faint again. Darting back and circling once again, Anneliese would reposition her grip and would effectively stop, pivoting and lepaing towards Aayla, heading straight towards her, saber thrusting at her. Her tenacity was like that of a Krayt Dragon, fearless, bold and unyeilding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom