Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Past and Present

Constine City, Fenris
Lou's Bar
[member="Rhyne Wren"]
One of those few densely urbanized planets in Silver Jedi territory where it felt more more of being on the deck of a starship rather than on a planet. Was his cousin homesick for the nomadic fleet they called home after the Red Coronation? Maybe, maybe not.

Lou's Bar's location - bad part of downtown. Funnily, a massive boulevard separated that part from the good one. Right down the block from the bar you could easily see the capitol building of the planet. It stood out there like this grandiose promised land which was so close, yet so far. Streets so bad the Mandalorian just witnessed a man taking flight like an artillery shell straight through one of the bar's windows. Vizsla's hand almost went for the side arm strapped in the holster on the back of his waist before the man helplessly lying on the ground with broken glass creating an oddly beautiful mosaic around his frame struggled to speak.

"Kriffin...Mandalorian...queen..." and he blacked out.

Amon pursed his lips, now clearly obvious he was at the right place.

The doors slid open revealing a pretty bruised up establishment full of silence and eyes locked on a woman dusting her hands off before she sat on a bar stool and drank her glass. She looked incredibly bored as if she had just not fired a bulky man through the window like a bolo-ball.

Family, alright.

Amon walked down to the bar, no one taking a glance at him. He wore working outfit the Rangers gave him, a clear sight of military to the rest of the patrons but a sight no one could pay attention to when you had a Mandalorian ready to broom teeth off the ground and wipe the floor wet with you.

The Vizsla settled himself right beside her. He put his right arm on the bar for comfort and turned the stool facing his cousin - Rhyne Wren.

"Why join up?" He drove straight to the point of the question that lingered over his mind. Why had she joined the Rangers? What game was she playing? Was she sent by his father?

[member="Amon Vizsla"]

It was one thing to be out of armor on Ne'tra Fleet.

Among family, friends, people you have known your whole life.

A whole other thing to do it out here. Among the aruetii. Foreigners. Who lived with their skin open to the world their entire life. Only thin pieces of fabric between them and a bloody knife between their ribs. It was foolish. The way Rhyne's helmet angled? He'd know she was judging him there. Finding him light. She was drinking her drink through a straw, perched up through the emergency induction port - or something else convenient.

Sluuuuuuurp in the wake of his loaded question.

An ahhh.

Making it clear she was making him wait for the answer. [ You are alive. And so am I. One day we will face our death, but not today. ] She finally greeted him, pointedly ignoring his question first. All in Mando'a, one of the standard ways to greet one another.

"Come on, little cousin, you didn't think I'd leave you to sink around all these auretii, did you?" Amused, relaxing against the bar and studying him through the visor. Who knew what went on beneath it. What thoughts she had. "They don't even know how to properly smash a table across someone's back." That last part a bit louder over her shoulder.

"Better question would be why you are wasting your time here. You know you would have been welcome with Wren."

Even if Ronan didn't accept him and his wishes.

Amon looked her up and down trying to figure out anything more than what she said but the damn buy'ce kept it all concealed. One of the perks Mandalorians had with wearing armor all the time. Yet, she was family. Amon grew up along with her and Tamara and a few other cousins, they were bound to know each other more. Buckled up in armor or not.

She teased him alright but didn't give up much on her real motive of joining up with the Rangers.

Unless that really was the motive which infuriated him. He glanced over at the ground beside her where a broken in half table still remained untouched. Seemed like no one from the bar felt like picking it up or get any much closer than needed to the Mandalorian for that matter.

"Never was only about leaving the clan, Rhyne." Amon said tonelessly. He glanced sideways thinking over what else to say. Never much for words, just like his father. "The Silver Jedi - they do good. Try to."

"Maybe it's time we cut the cycle of endless bloodshed." He added looking back straight at her eyes. Or where they were supposed to be. Amon frowned and his head moved in closer. "If you just joined up to babysit..."

"...you will find out I don't need babysitting." It came out more challenging than he thought.

[member="Rhyne Wren"]​

[member="Amon Vizsla"]

"I ain't here to argue dogma with ya, Ammy." She said with a shrug.

Sluuuuuuuurp.

"Plenty in the Clans that don't drown planets in blood tho. Plenty that do. Same goes for these Silver folk- for every Thurion Heavenshield, there be a..." Frows burrowed behind the visor. "What was the name of that maniac? Cleansed an entire city center on Mirial with fire?" Another shrug there. "Not that it matters. Like I said, not here to discuss dogma with you."

Sluu- empty glass noises.

A tch sound coming from her. Modulated through the external speakers, but still a frustrated sound. Two fingers rose up for a refill. Rhyne was just in time with looking back to catch him posturing at her.

"Lad, when I was a wee lass I held ya baby arse in my arms." Leaning in. Visor glass almost touching brow of flesh. "So check yo self, because I ain't here looking for a fight." An awkward glance towards the shattered window. The pieces of shattered table. The tense crowd around them, like wounded animals too afraid to flee and invite the pursuit.

"I care about you, even if you are an idiot. So yeah- I am gonna make sure you are good. And maybe see what these foreigners are all about at the same time. You got a problem with that, we can step outside. I will even let you use the door... unlike the other guy."

He remained staring at the dome of a buy'ce she wore listening carefully every word she said. For sure it rang as the truth. A more believable truth than his father's extreme views but one Amon did not really want to accept. No, he was willing to dig furthermore beneath that truth to find what he sought - a new axiom.

There had to be one.

Amon pulled back from her helmet and turned to look nowhere in particular. Various thoughts crossed his mind contemplating what exactly to say next.

"There's much to see about these aruetii, cousin." He replied shifting his face back to face his cousin. The features across his face eased from the earlier tension. "What is my father and the fleet doing?" A question which he did not expect to ask but it had been some time now hadn't it?

You've only got one family, boy. Remember.

The words of his father hammered his mind and failed to leave his mind.

Rhyne's intentions might be good but her presence brought too much of what he had left behind.

[member="Rhyne Wren"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom