Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passing the Torch

The holodpad would contain an encrypted message for a one - [member="Kelly Perris"]. It was similar to a Dear John type letter, except she wasn't involved with Kelly in that manner - atleast to public knowledge. She was hanging on by threads to what she had left and she had to act before her power-base would erode completely from underneath her feet.

Now was a time for action without regret. There were conditions - conditions which were met. The Republic in it's current state would never see another Incom Corporation product not by a long shot. They had blatantly ripped off one of the very core fighters of Incom Corporation - instead of cutting ties with bureaucrats or working out the issues that lied between the Corporation and the government that was mired by corruption to such an extent that the very fibers of what it once was - well, just weren't there. Nothing more than a place holder at the Galactic table of war. The true Galactic Republic died a long time ago...

Either way - the wheels were turning and the motions had begun - it would just be a matter of time before it was done.

[SIZE=9pt]Dear Kelly,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I’m going to make this simple and outright – I am resigning as Chief Executive Officer of Incom Corporation. You may be wondering why you should even give a damn about this note, truth be told, you don’t even have a real reason to open it. Let me be frank, I failed. I failed to uphold the ideals of the company which I invested so much in. I failed to put the proper checks and balances in place. I failed to keep the corruption from eroding out the bottom and just – failed all around. Yes, monetarily, Incom is doing great – but from within – we aren’t.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Before my resignation is effective, I have begun adjusting facilities that are sensitive in nature around the Incom sphere of influence. The headquarters will no longer be within the Techno Union – nor will it be aligned with the Union. I have decided to move the facilities closer to the Sluis Van shipyards, and construction began on Eriadu, there will no longer be an Administration Center as they will be joint. The shipyards and factories on Fresia were dismantled shortly after the One Sith domination and destruction of the Fresia civilization at the hands of the local Governor. I found it to be conflicting with the ideals of the Corporation – they were moved to Elrood. Naturally, that planet has fantastic resources to facilitate a lot of what Incom desires for import and export. As you know, the facilities at Hishyim were fairly new – but were easily to deconstruct much like Fresia. I won’t lie – we took a major hit on both those moves as we closed down Ranklinge and Fresia within short periods of time and had to move hundreds of thousands of workers. Compensation wasn’t cheap. The Hishyim facilities were moved to Belsavis. The remaining facilities, Fondor, Sluis Van, and Mon-Calamari remain fully functional and operational.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The one facility that has cost us to move more than any other – was the R&D Center. Given the incident on Corellia and the proximity of the One Sith – we opted for a station out in the Anoth system. Something more discreet and out of the reach of major governments and influences.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]So, back to the purpose of this note – when everything is finalized, I was able to use what influence I had left and sway the Board to allow me to choose a set of successors and give them the option to pick from select candidates. That being said – again, using what little influence I had left, they chose you. When everything is said and done, you will be the new Chief Executive Officer for Incom Corporation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]You will inherit a company that was well, meant to be something more than it has become. I will turn over my fifty-one percent in stocks and investment to your name – therefore giving you the ultimate say in this company. I only ask one thing – return her to her roots. I don’t mean run her back to a corrupt Galactic Republic that throws out clones of the very ship that creates jobs for millions, I mean look to the ground beneath where you stand. If you truly believe what this company once stood for – you will understand what I mean.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I wish you well in your endeavors and I will send you another note once the jobs are complete, then like all good things in this Galaxy, my time will come to an end. One way or another, my sins will catch up to me and for every action I take – there is a consequence or reaction. Be it a Sith or an “accident”, they will find me. I am not afraid though.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I am doing the right thing – this time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Sincerely,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Alyesa M. Organa[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Princess of Alderaan[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Chief Executive Officer [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Incom Corporation[/SIZE]

OOC: The following is for reference and is not yet public knowledge.

Headquarters: Eriadu

Manufacturing Centers – Sluis Van, Fresia (Disbanded) Ranklinge (Disbanded) Belsavis, Elrood, Raxus Prime, Mon-Calamari, Fondor| Research and Development Center – Anoth Station

Nearby: [member="Sasha Santhe"] and various other Underground folks

While his son and future daughter-in-law still flew for the Galactic Republic - not so nearly galactic as it had been in better days - the elder Perris had been separate from it for some time. He’d found himself fully in the employ of Incom Corporation for not the first time in his fifty-odd years, a entity which had been as significant in his life as to be considered a second family. His work as a test pilot sustained him and aided in the grief process when Rhommamool and Osarian were lost and with them his wife, leaving him to raise his only son alone. It was a relationship he maintained for a length of time equal to or in excess of twenty-five years, even when he returned to active duty.

When he became ancient as far as active duty pilots go, when the best and brightest were more in touch with the pulse of conflict, he stepped down and Incom welcomed him with open arms, more valuable in his counsel than he had been as a younger man. The work was good, but still… still, he felt there was something missing; the sheer force of adrenaline that came from being a fighter pilot wasn’t something so easily walked away from. He felt he could be doing more for the most recent and longest galactic conflict, and so he was pulled in with the Underground. Which is how he came to be sitting on a barstool at the Red Shift Cantina in Rebellion Actual, with the sum of a pretty face and powerful connections metaphorically pulling at his ear.

“Miss Santhe, Incom’s been good to me for a time that stretches back before you were a twinkle in your daddy’s eye,” he said, polishing off the dregs of a not-terrible ale, “And I…”

It was then that the tap came at his shoulder, and whatever he was going to say died. He put the pint glass down, caught the barkeep’s eye, and signalled for a refill. Then and only then did he twist in the backed stool, draping an arm over the back to look at whoever was trying to get his attention and found a datapad hovering in the air from what amounted to the mailman around here. His eyes tracked up to the younger man, then back down to the ‘pad.

"You gonna take it? I ain’t got all day, you know,” the kid grumped, and Perris anchored fingers around a corner of the ‘pad, considering for a moment that he might say something about wet-behind-the-ears, cocky little recruits.. but didn’t. He pulled the proffered datapad into his possession, and gave the kid a flat-mouthed look, “Well, go on, then. I don’t wanna keep you. You look like a very busy man.”

It wasn’t the words, it was the look, and that kid was scurrying away, a good deal more uncomfortable than he was moments before. The ‘retired pilot’ turned back around to face a fresh pull of ale, and flipped the ‘pad over to find the symbol of Incom Corporation emblazoned on the back. He bit back a curse, and glanced sidelong at Sasha.

“I told her no marked ‘pads,” he sighed, picking the fresh pint up and taking a swig, “well, if she isn’t listening… better see what this is about, then.” But before he flipped the thing back over and powered on the screen, he looked again at the Santhe girl.

“No peeking,” he gruffed, and with that he flipped and powered the datapad, to find whatever it was that was so important that Alyesa Organa saw fit to track down wherever it was he spent his off-time and ship him a datapad, and began scrolling, while he sipped at his drink. Only a moment or two later, ale was going down the wrong tube and the Alderaanian was hacking, delivering the pint glass back to the bartop with minimal slosh. He fought through the burn of inhaled liquid, standing with the datapad but not getting very far and continuing to read as best he could with one hand on the back of the stool to steady himself. With each word he read, the more that support was needed as his shoulders slumped.

“Oh, feth,” he said for no-one that was here, "damn it, Lessa..."

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
Polite in all things Sasha didn’t peek. Then again, she didn’t need to. At will she could use her abilities in technopathy to read the document and yet.. well she understood business and had enough respect for both income and the pilot before her to not do that. Instead she sat and waited, polite in all things.

Sasha stared over at [member="Kelly Perris"] and frowned. Sasha always liked to say that despite her friendly personality, or rather persona that she puts on for the media, she isn’t good with people. She’s good with machines, but she can’t fix people. Immediately she could tell something was wrong, perhaps she should have read the datapad.

“Is everything alright Mister Perris?” She asked. She knew it wasn’t. It didn’t take any special empathic ability to read the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom