Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bounty Passing on the Torch

Earlier this year I was given the privilege to become the Faction Owner of the Bounty Hunters Guild. At first, things went well. We were talking about the Bounty Toggle, reforming the Bounty Board, we were organizing hunts, and getting excited whenever a new Bounty posted.

We captured a few folks, we almost captured a lot more, but as the year has gone on the complicated profession has gotten quieter and quieter. I put some of the blame on Bounty Hunting just being difficult to organize, but I put a lot more of it on me because I, like many in my position, put much more focus into the Major Faction I became an admin for over the summer (Darkwire).

So without me constantly petitioning for improvements like I was earlier in the year, visibility and interest began to dry up. I tried to gather help, but life or other interests simply got in the way in most cases.

With the Mandalorian coming back, I think it is prime time that Bounty Hunters and Mandos alike get an opportunity to shine here on Chaos, but unfortunately I am not fit to deliver it. I still have ideas of how things could be made better, but lack energy to make the initiative. For example, I am now leaning towards the idea that every Major Faction should have its own Guild that operates for that government, and the minor faction should just serve as a hub between them all.

But I'm not here to talk about my ideas, I am talking about handing over the reigns to someone who is passionate about revitalizing the Bounty Hunting profession, and picking up where I left off months ago.

So yeah, any takers?

Raya Krayt

R
Additionally, people might want a bounty hunt story for their character but have no one else to put a bounty on them and feel awkward posting one themselves. Is there/was there a system in place where you could message the FO and they post a bounty on you on the bounty board? Are you allowed to put bounties on yourself and say it was commissioned by a major faction or not? I don't know how it works currently.

I realise this doesn't address your question but I think the biggest issue is the lack of bounties because you're a good and committed leader. I don't think you need to sacrifice your role, unless it is too much for you of course.

KSM

K
I agree that some of the lesser known members might want a bounty but aren’t established enough to get one. So if there was a way to anonymously put one on yourself that would help.

Additionally, people might want a bounty hunt story for their character but have no one else to put a bounty on them and feel awkward posting one themselves. Is there/was there a system in place where you could message the FO and they post a bounty on you on the bounty board? Are you allowed to put bounties on yourself and say it was commissioned by a major faction or not? I don't know how it works currently.

I realise this doesn't address your question but I think the biggest issue is the lack of bounties because you're a good and committed leader. I don't think you need to sacrifice your role, unless it is too much for you of course.

Generally speaking nothing stops someone from posting their own Bounty if that's what they want, and in many cases I wouldn't be opposed to doing it on their behalf.

I am also not sure if MF approval is required to post Bounties, but that could definitely be a question to be asked. I generally have a good relationship with most all Major Faction staff, so I could probably gain their approval to post whatever bounties I need on their behalf

I still think that new leadership is wise, because I am very bad at splitting my focus. So unless the Guild decides to be a subfaction of Darkwire I'm not a great fit right now lol.

I can still act as a liason for the Guild, however, if contacts are need for the MFs

Raya Krayt I had a bounty posted on my character Kole because I asked and wanted someone to hunt me. I only had one person hunt me down, but it was fun. Fatty did that for me just cus I asked.

The Bounteous Hunt The Bounteous Hunt Hey man, I completely understand what you are going through. Its really difficult to keep something like bounties going on when its a niche pick of people. Secondary is that making it rewarding for those, other than writing a good story, can be difficult at times. So its all good. After just coming back from my LOA, I would love to be able to lend a hand as I have had more time, and wanted to get back into writing a criminal character. I am just not sure how much I can do because I have only been "Active" for about a week or two now.

Let me know if you just want some extra hands in a "Staff" or if no one else offers, I think I can stand up to the plate.

Guild Manager

G
The Bounteous Hunt The Bounteous Hunt

I just want to thank you so much for all of the hard work that you’ve done. You picked up the BHG and really made it shine.

As for where the BHG will be moving in the future, most likely we will be remaining as an independent minor faction — but we want to and look forward to working with Major Factions for the creation of bounties and revival of the bounty board.

Raya Krayt I had a bounty posted on my character Kole because I asked and wanted someone to hunt me. I only had one person hunt me down, but it was fun. Fatty did that for me just cus I asked.

The Bounteous Hunt The Bounteous Hunt Hey man, I completely understand what you are going through. Its really difficult to keep something like bounties going on when its a niche pick of people. Secondary is that making it rewarding for those, other than writing a good story, can be difficult at times. So its all good. After just coming back from my LOA, I would love to be able to lend a hand as I have had more time, and wanted to get back into writing a criminal character. I am just not sure how much I can do because I have only been "Active" for about a week or two now.

Let me know if you just want some extra hands in a "Staff" or if no one else offers, I think I can stand up to the plate.
I would firstly love to extend my gratitude towards your comments and willingness to assist, no matter your level of activity or how recently you've acquired it. I will definitely be in touch :)

Yep. The BHG would be more than welcome in Darkwire.

I appreciate Darkwire's support and openness (go figure since I'm part of it, right? haha), and I would likewise appreciate the support or openness of the Mandalorian Union if they were to extend the same gratitude. The Guild is still in the earliest stages of decision making regarding this change that I have initiated, and I personally am open to all possibilities, but I am leaving it to the will of the Bounty Hunters invested in this practice to ultimately decide what they want to do moving forward.

I would love to hear more about what the community thinks about the Bounty Hunters Guild, Bounty Hunting in general, and what can be done to fill out this fun niche that I love and enjoy in the future.

Guild Manager asked for a great feature from our head admin Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris who promptly delivered. If you are requesting Bounties or otherwise need a place to discuss bounties with other individuals interested in them, you can do so here: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/bounty-board-discussion-thread.145848/#post-1984291

I will still be in talks with people about a change in leadership and motivating Bounty Hunters to write, but in the mean time if you're looking for a PvP story with a hunter, this will surely help!

Kat'ra Smart, Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , Iasha Rha Iasha Rha , Raya Krayt, Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr Kyor "Mute" Jaeirr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom