Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Passages of Time

Iuuna Talon

I
VVVDHjr.png

The Accipiter's arrival went without incident, the small interceptor and its crew disembarked on a landing pad close to the Palace. Iuuna dressed in a white and blue robe the young Echani sent her crew on leave with a minder that they'd be ready to go at a moment's notice. She paid the palace's structure and architecture little mind, only that it wasn't as polished as the elegant palaces on Eshan. She supposed it was good enough, for if it hadn't bothered her aunt, then it shouldn't bother her. Iuuna's reports were ready to turn in, as she strode across the palace with purpose. A new company had been procured to produce ships and weapons for Clan Talon, allowing them to further strengthen their forces on Eshan. Knowledge regarding electrokinesis had also been acquired and Iuuna was eager to continue her training.

A simple lightsaber hung from her belt, opposite where she kept her healing poultices. The chainlink-like armor glistened in the light just as if it were made from metal. The synthetic material was lighter and provided greater durability and flexibility. Created from materials found on Eshan, materials that would have remained buried if not for the planet's suffering at the hands of the Mandalorians. Crest of Clan Talon embedded on the larger pieces of her armor, elegant Echani calligraphy writing out prayers decorated on either side of the crest. Not too far behind Iuuna was Four.

Grumpily the droid bounded behind his mistress, although if he were, to be honest, the very idea that he had to 'babysit' a young Sith Lord... Well, it was quite beneath him. His beeps arrived in irritated and somewhat condescending tones as he did his best to remind Iuuna that she need not be in a hurry. The deathstar wasn't built in a day Four mentioned with a variety of tones that a droid of his caliber might be able to create.

"But it was destroyed in less than a day," remarked Iuuna matter-of-factly.

She wasn't wrong, but nevertheless, Four was annoyed. Iuuna could hear her aunt up ahead as she rounded the corner to say a smile was concealed beneath her otherwise enigmatic features would have been an understatement. Srina was perhaps, Iuuna's favorite person in the entire galaxy. There was scarcely a soul that she felt closer to or so readily trusted more than her aunt. Iuuna by now could not recall details of her life in the Netherworld, a likely consequence of her being in realspace for so long now. She could not tell you what her mothers sounded like, or anything beyond what memories she did have of them.

Those were blurred at best, and the memories that remained more present were those of Srina.

Iuuna's second favorite person was Quinn.

Luckily no one had told Four ahead of time, thus, Iuuna could be pleasantly surprised.

The younger Echani quietly slipped into a room where her aunt had been discussing one thing or another with someone. Patiently, she would wait, Iuuna took a seat close to the bookshelves that lingered here far beyond their years. The faded script on the bindings in an older Echani dialect that Iuuna had trouble understanding, yet she admired their beauty, such refined craftsmanship that only Eshan was capable of producing.

Last edited by a moderator:

testing3.gif

Iuuna Talon | Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin
X

"Ensure that the supply routes are well protected against outside threats. We've lost too much to pirates and mercenaries along the trade spine and I won't permit it any further. If we cannot provide something as simple as basic necessities then we do not deserve the loyalty of those on the front line. It expresses weakness. Correct it, immediately."

The simple directive was accepted with a stoic nod whilst the scribe took down her dictations. Her place in the Sith Order was complicated, however, the pale Echani had a way of simplifying even the most complex of issues. One simply needed to obey. Do as she required, without question, or hesitation. That was the simplest way to maintain equilibrium. Her cold fury had been remarkably cruel, and swift, in the last few months. Even the Sepulchers had noticed.

Their Dread Empress was small, but mighty, indeed.

The flaxen-haired woman was swathed in varying shades of blue. It was an affront to those that handled her wardrobe. Especially, now. Whether or not she actively took part in the political sphere on Jutrand didn't seem to matter. For most? She was part of a greater whole that Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean had created during the Winter Solstice. The crown that had been crafted for her sat on a pedestal between full bookshelves. Her personal quarters had been split into several functional parts.

A small sparring ring took up the majority of one of the rooms while the office area had been filled with things she recognized. Mostly, at the behest of her husband. He wanted her to feel at home and comfortable in the synth-city-world that had become a thriving capital. Not for the first time it reminded her of Geonosis. Much of the décor was a direct translation from Eshan. Since leaving the Shiraya Expanse and taking over as Matriarch of Clan Talon she had returned to her roots in preference.

Lots of blue, touched, with white.

What a strange Sith she had become in a sea of people that only seemed capable of seeing things in shades of black and red. Her influence was undeniable with shocks of blue appearing where it wasn't intended. The earthy, twisting designs of her study, lent to the nature-bound aesthetic of her people. She had long ago decided to live as she pleased. Regardless, who took issue with it.

When she finished going over a few other things with the scribe Srina dismissed them with a faint wave of her hand. They backed out slowly, bowing, despite the incredulous roll over her eyes. Srina would never be able to accept the way the people on Jutrand seemed to scrape and grovel for even the smallest mote of acknowledgment. More than once, had domestic staff offered to throw themselves on their own sword for the smallest infraction. Srina always refused it—Considering it wasteful.

Srina might have held a title for the time being…But she would never have the proper mindset.

Graceful footsteps eventually brought her to where her niece waited patiently and Srina leaned down to drop a feathery kiss to the crown of her head. It was an act that spoke far more than words ever could. In two seconds the stoic Echani warrior willingly shown her had. Admitting, that she missed her niece dearly. That her frozen heart warmed at the sight of her. That she was glad to see her well, whole, and seemingly in good spirits. "Iuuna…", the name rolled from her tongue with chilly precision.

It would have sounded cruel to anyone else. Dismissive. Cold.

Her niece would know her better.

"I did not expect you so soon."

Her timing was fortuitous, however. She had sent for Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin in recent weeks and her little spies had encountered some difficulty in discerning where her god-daughter had gone. It was to her credit that she could not be found…But what Srina wanted? She would have, come hell or high water. It would be good to have both of them within reach. Even if it was only for a little while.

There was something changed about her. Her clothing was…Meticulous. Carefully crafted, draped expertly, while giving the impression of an Echani noble. She had taken every effort to keep her condition a secret within the Palace walls and outside of it. Empyrean had too many enemies. She, had too many enemies. Depending on the day?

Her husband was one of them.

"Tell me of your travels, my own. Is there anything you require?"

quinnposttop.png

//: Srina Talon Srina Talon //: Iuuna Talon //:​

nAEbAR.png
How long had it been since she had seen her Godmother? Quinn quietly mulled over the last few months of her life. Not much had changed for her, minus the death of her current paramour and the activity in the Maw from her former paramour. Quinn blew air against the chilled window, fogging it. When she thought about it, none of it made any sense. At one point she was frolicking and happily living her life at the academy, then in a turn of events Bastion was ruined and so was her life. Was Bastion where her life took a downturn or was it another time and place? Either way, Quinn decided she couldn't harp on it too long - it only depressed her.

"Ms. Varanin, we're landing." The pilot of the small shuttle called to her, Quinn acknowledged the man not breaking her stare out the window. The landing breezed by and she was ushered to where her godmother and her shadow stood. Quinn pulled at the stiff white tunic, adjusting it so that she was presentable to her godmother. The woman reminded her of her mother, stern and cold and yet had an elegance only women of their stature could hold. Quinn desired that elegance and power - knowing that it was within her grasp and her right as a Varanin and as an heir.

Quinn remained silent as she allowed her Godmother's shadow a moment in the sun. The girl was a conundrum in her eyes, appearing out of nowhere and gluing herself to Srina's side. It could have been jealousy or the fact that in a sense she was replaced as the woman's constant companion. Still, Quinn kept her emotions reserved and hidden, only offering the pair a soft partial smile.

When it was her turn to speak, she looked to Srina and raised a brow, "Your taste in decor reminds me of my mother." She looked around again, seeing the near replication of Eshan. It brought happiness to the girl's cold heart, yet also pained her. She missed Eshan, she missed her mother and her sister, but her journey was meant to be away from Eshan. Pushing back some of her blonde hair, she brought her attention back to Srina. Unlike a pure Echani, with snow white features, the Varanin child mirrored her mother more as time progressed.

"It's been awhile, I hope you've fared well." Her small smile curled into a smirk, "How's Empyrean?" Quinn mused her hands folding behind her back as she drew closer, the casual elegance of her mother mixed with chaotic potential bled with each step. "I have missed you, Godmother."

Iuuna Talon

I
VVVDHjr.png

"Auntie," remarked Iuuna in a tone that mirrored her aunt. "My trip was fruitful and yielded favorable results. I saw no need to linger around the ruins, however, I plan on returning soon enough." Her aunt placed a feathery kiss on the crown of her head whilst she spoke. Not too long after this did Quinn arrive, and not one to give away the true nature of her feelings. The young Talon acknowledged the other girl with the smallest of nods and proceeded to answer her aunt's question. "My travels thus far have been well enough, I have acquired texts regarding the abilities that I seek."

With her aunt now being the matriarch of the family she had no need to go across the galaxy to visit her grandmother. "I have also procured a contract with a private corporation to produce a small fleet for our clan. I have dispatched the details to you, so they should be available for you to read." There were scarcely incidents when it came to her travels - then again, young Iuuna had yet to truly depart her aunt's ever-watchful gaze. She then yielded the floor to Quinn. Iuuna understood the nature of feelings that could be generated - as she had seemingly, popped up out of nowhere some years ago.

Raised in the Netherworld out of sight of beings who occupied realspace, like Quinn and her family. Iuuna was given one opportunity to live here, one given to her by her mothers. Women she could scarcely remember - her mind slowly filling with false memories, whether this was a consequence of her crossing over, or someone's more deceptive games - had yet to reveal themselves. She heard her uncle's name, as Quinn inquired about him - to Iuuna he was simply a person she knew of. She had no real desire to get close to him - he was a tool for her aunt to use - or at least, this is how the young Talon saw him.

Nor did she have a want to involve herself in the petty squabbles of Sith, the likes of which have gone on for eons and will continue to go on for eons more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom