Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Parts And Predicaments (Elami Iria and Draven Eterena)

Draven wasn't exactly sure the reason he found himself at Galactic City. While he was a Jedi, albeit a very combat oriented Jedi. Draven was not one who was under the direct allegiance of the galactic alliance. Even though they were considered friendly over the grand scheme of things. None the less he decided he was going to make the trip a worthwhile one. As he worked on landing his once more borrowed vessel upon a landing dock at the Spaceport. Draven managed a decent landing this time. Which was an ever so gradual improvement as he became more familiar with the various spacecraft which he tended to come across. Though he figured he still had a lot more to learn. As he had been lucky enough not to really land himself in any skirmishes, or other inconvenient scenarios beyond the occasional crash landing.

Draven decided he would go with more casual robes this day. Meaning once more he was barefoot, with tan pants, and a cream-colored robe this time. His padawan training robes were stored in his pack along with the cursed boots.

Speaking of the training pack. Draven wanted to take a look at the local markets. Slinging his survival pack over his shoulders. The need to customize his pack more to the gear he preferred was becoming a steadily higher priority for him. Especially, between the nature of the missions he involved himself in... and honestly just an effort to survive his master's training exercises. Even considering placing some sort of wingsuit as an option. Really whatever was most practical to the 17-year-old padawan. Which most would likely see as over aggressive for a Jedi to be equipping themselves with.

The irony was Draven did his best to Actively avoid getting into conflict where it was possible. Draven just no longer had the hesitation he once held when combat was inevitable. Nor did he harbor the same level of resentment for fighting. In fact, at moments there was times which Draven reveled in the thrill of a fight. As it was a way to let loose and direct his frustrations towards the injustices of the galaxy. All while being sure he didn't go so far loose that he leaned on any negative emotions to fuel his drive... Alas the wandering mind was not a friendly trait of his. Though it was significantly more appealing to him, then the bustling of various emotions the people around him exhibited. Moving out of the Spaceport and through the pathways to his intended destination.

Draven had his lightsaber hilt openly attached to his belt this time. As this was one of the times Draven didn't need to hide it away. Even as such the way the lightsaber hilt was designed showed it was a weapon which was crafted not to stick out like a sore thumb. Announcing to everybody that a Jedi is present in the area. Many people would even have to take a second look to even be certain it was present on him. Draven also wasn't too concerned about someone trying to swipe it. Though he doubted it was likely here. If someone had gotten wise and grabbed it. They would be disappointed to discover activation was made inconvenient for anyone unfamiliar with the hilt, and the fact the crystal in the lightsaber wouldn't function to its full effect was another boon in his opinion.

Draven entered into the market area of Galactic city. Where he began to search around the local vendors. The irony was that even though Draven was technically on a break. Intending to head to one of the local jedi temples to rest once his shopping was completed. There was an odd tendency for trouble to find its way to him. As well as those who were either unfortunate enough to become tangled into the trouble, or who were fortunate in the fact Draven was present to assist them in mitigating the damage which the trouble would have otherwise resulted in.

Elami Iria Elami Iria

Location: Coruscant | Galactic City | Bargain Tech Sales District
Tags: Draven Eterena Draven Eterena

28RE7pn3gHILXgP8mClDooaxQUQ_-eedDPZpaYpe1605MZqgra2fuERfJlhj2CZCeh2OKRYOH5BRhwl6d7NW2sFPMDIJQKWRpxZ6qLhNPfNPi2IqtTqJP28qzwS7B7OMHbC5oat1X35ed98yRweNV7U

Elami was actually whistling as she made her way through the walkway of the bargain tech district of Galactic City. She was used to having to salvage parts for her tinkering, but with Master Korraay still away on personal business the young Mirialan had time on her hands to go into the city and look for something that might catch her fancy. Even though she still wasn’t feeling all the Jedi-like she wore her lightsabers on each hip along with casual attire. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she wore her welding goggles over her brow. They were just there in case she had use for them and cause she thought it made her look like she belonged as a mechanic in this place.

Her eyes were focused on the windows of the shops that she passed. Most she was impressed with, but knew she would never go inside. She was a small machine tinker, some of these shops were for speeder or starship parts. That sort of work intrigued Elami, but she hadn’t graduated that high just yet. She could barely even fly a ship at this point. Master Kylelis has always been the pilot and was slow to teach Elami.

Elami finally got to a droid parts shop and she lost all sense of where she was in the galaxy. The window had every part she could imagine to build her own droid from scratch. How awesome would that be to have your own servant droid bring you all your stuff. Sure that wasn’t the way of the Jedi. But if she put her own sweat into creating the droid and treated it more as a friend, that wouldn’t be so bad now would it? Then it wouldn’t have been some luxury, it would have been the product of hard work and a close friend. Master Korraay had a droid after all. It was always spraying Elami. She thought she needed to show ten times a day just to be clean enough for her new master. It was an odd thing.

As Elami made out the shell of an old R2 series astromech she gasped as she bumped into someone on the walkway. “Oh,” Elami said as she brushed herself off. “I’m terribly sorry. I’ve never been in such a market before. Thinking about building myself a droid and now I know where to start.” She looked at the young man that she had bumped into and smiled again, her hand going to the back of her neck as she got a bit nervous. She wasn’t expecting someone else her age. “Um. I’m Elami by the way. Hope I didn’t hurt you, or make you late for something.”

Location: Coruscant, Galactic City, Bargain Tech Sales District
Tag: Elami Iria Elami Iria

Draven found himself heading towards the bargain district for technology sales. Primarily because he wanted to explore all the reaches of the market. Every now and then a street vendor would grab his attention. To which he would politely lend a moment of his time. Before moving onwards and continuing the exploration. Sadly, he had yet to find the section for the gear he was seeking.

A Bothan trading crystals was probably the closest Draven had come to impulse buying. He was curious to crystal types now. Primarily their application in various weaponry and other technology. This probably stemmed from the fact Master Saki was not entirely a Jedi master... well she was. Though she was more aligned to her Matukai teachings and philosophies mixed with some other force used faction teachings.

When Draven arrived at the bargain tech section. He began to glance around at the shops. There were temptations for sure. Especially, in regard to ship parts. He could always try his hand at tuning up the ship he borrowed. That or maybe it was time to get himself a ship. So, it would no longer be necessary he had to constantly explain why he was commandeering other people's vessels.

This distraction of Displays caused Draven to ignore the fact someone was on the same path he was walking. Leading to a Whomp... as once again Draven successfully collided with another individual in another place... entirely on accident. Really the impact itself wasn't the problem. Draven's physique was slowly hardening due to the nature of his training regiments. It was still enough to startle him though as his left fist clenched involuntarily.

Draven's attention snapped away from instincts however when a voice called to him. His eyes casting down upon the stranger. 'Oh... She was quite cute...' Which in truth was an oddity for Draven to experience such a thought. As this wasn't the first time, he had been around gals his age. Nor the first one he bumped into. Though this was the first time which he had to pause a moment, gather his thoughts, and remember she was speaking to him. As his eyes focused upon her blue hues.

Draven barely acknowledged she had apologized with an explanation of navigation troubles, and a desire to craft droids... ugh... droids. Draven wasn't too fond of them at this time. Primarily because his master found joy in quite literally throwing Draven at droids to determine which survived the other. Finally, the inquiry about if she inconvenienced him in any manner came. As she was talking Draven noted she shyly moved a hand to the back of her neck... This was further an action which Draven found... Cute. As this was a way, he too sometimes expressed nervousness. 'Frikin Focus!' Draven had to scold himself not wanting to stare. His fingers tapping along his hilt as a means to defuse his own nerves and not appear like he was mirroring her.

"Um... Need any help?" Which... well honestly wasn't the stupidest thing Draven brought up as an opening statement. Though it took him a moment to play catch up about her inquiries and concerns. "I'm Draven... It's a pleasure to meet you Elami. I was not hurt... and I was not in any hurry. Just skimming about. Are you injured in any capacity? I've med supplies if you need them."

Draven's social skills were mediocre as he was a more tuned to doing things. Not holding conversations. Though this didn't dissuade Draven from wanting to have some sort of social life. Even if a restricted one with a focus on a few folks. Though Draven's intuition... or well honestly his newly found infatuation was driving him to test waters with spending time with this fellow Jedi girl, roughly his age... Perhaps the sort who understood the importance of doing things. If it meant placing aside his differences with droids. Then Draven was content making that trade. As it would further his agenda on spending his break. She could possibly help him with gathering his own supplies. Whenever he thought to bring up his need for them. As well as if luck was for a change on his side, or fate, or the force. Ideally all three. This might be a vacation which didn't stir any conflict. Right?

Last edited:

The young man that she ran into seemed a little distracted. She didn’t want to invade his privacy, but anything that didn’t affect the physical world came naturally to Elami that included a limited form of empathy. She could sense emotions, but never actually affect them. Perhaps that was because the emotions were in the brain of the subject and she couldn’t actually affect the brain, a physical object. Anyways the boy seemed a little flighty at first, to be expected and then she sensed that he was put off by her mentioning of droids.

His focus was on her as she reacted nervously and his nerves matched hers. Elami was quite surprised when he asked to help her out. With the droids that seemed to disappoint him. She gave a smirk and for the first time noticed the boy was pretty cute and though she preferred working on her projects alone for some reason this boy might be a welcome partner.

“Nice to meet you Draven,” the Mirialan Padawan said with a slight nervous pause in her words. “No physical damage done, just a little embarrassed. First time I’ve left the temple in a week and I can’t navigate the walkways of the city.” She was supposed to be working on socializing. The party the other night was a good start and she might be becoming friends with Justice Lesan Justice Lesan but she was pretty sure the was something going on with him and Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn or at least the start of something, maybe it wouldn’t go anywhere, but maybe it would. Hollis was nice too. Maybe it was time to see what would happen outside of the temple.

“I could probably use some help,” Elami said with a smile. “You know much about droids? I always hated training remotes and sparring droids, but they are a good place to learn how to fix things. Jedi tend to leave them in ruins more often than not. I’m not looking to make anything like that. I was eyeing that R2 shell. Maybe one day I can use it to copilot a fighter or something.”

Draven wasn't aware they shared a natural common ground with force empathy. Though to him it had always been a vice instead of a boon. This primarily was the fact he found too many people held negative emotions. These emotions were not helpful for someone trying to follow the path of light. More so when they already teetered the line of the dark side. Considering Draven had developed a vengeful nature towards wrong doings who brought suffering to others.

Draven assessed the smirk and his brows furrowed as a response. Trying to assess if it was a positive or negative response to his words. Honestly, somewhat clueless as he was extremely out of his element by this point in time. Though when she responded Draven did a simple breathing technique. As a means to focus and attempt to think more rationally instead of attempting to wrestle with his curiosity, and fascination of this Mirialan Padawan woman.

"Admittedly.. I do have some limited droid programming experience. For awhile I had to self teach myself an array of skills. Though I am most familiar with training and combat droids. I have significantly more experience with ships. Even if my piloting is not stellar. So, it is plausible that I might be able to assist with a R2 companion." Draven expressed in an honest manner. Not wishing to mislead on what his capabilities might be. Still he was sure he'd figure what was needed out in short order.

Draven got to thinking a bit about what they needed. "I'll also be needing to nab some gear, for my survival kit, and some parts for the ship I am borrowing. Possibly a new chip for the navigation system. It is a bit outdated. I try to do small favors for the individual while their vessel is in my care."

Draven then reversed back on the conversation a short bit. Giving a soft smile as he processed her statement about the embarrassment. He hoped as his nerves slowly... Ever so slowly settled it would help her's settle. He was still nervous as he was drawn to her. Though it was no longer powerful enough to break his focus completely. Draven dared not speak upon it though. As he had a feeling he would just make her feel worse. Instead he motioned for her to lead the way for where she needed to be. With a slight bow of respect and a small motion of his hand showing he'd follow her. As that would not be hard for him to do. ​

Last edited:

Elami gave a smile when she sensed Draven’s interest and confusion. She was happy that they were seemingly in the same place. She too was quite interested in getting to know Draven, but utterly unsure of what those steps were. Just take it easy and see how things progress, she assumed.

Draven stated that he knew a thing or two about droid programming, self taught just like Elami herself. Though she was much happier working on the nuts and bolts than the programming. Maybe they would end up being a good team, she thought with a smile. “They have piloting programs to be added to a droid right? Doesn’t depend on the talent of the pilot. I’m a novice myself. But having a fighter to help out in battles against the Sith is something that I’ve always thought would be a good idea. Also have always wanted to get into fixing up ships too. But Master Kylelis barely gave me the time to mess around with the broken droids and things I found around, much less give me a shot at her ship.”

Draven suggested that he needed to do some shopping of his own. “Well maybe we can shop together then. I mean I’m sure that my droid parts will be more than I can carry. We can rent a cart or speeder and share it to get our stuff back… Are you going to the temple?”

She never talked this much. Was she talking too much? Her thoughts were all jumbled up. Then all of a sudden Elami felt a calm pass over her. She had a very strong suspicion that it came from Draven, and it was very warm and welcoming. “Right,” she said as Draven motioned for her to lead the way. “Do you mind starting in the droid shop? It’s right here after all.” She assumed he would be amicable to that choice as he gave her the lead and started towards the droid shop.

Location: Coruscant, Galactic City, Transit from bargain tech district into droid parts store.
Tags: Elami Iria Elami Iria

Draven listened to her inspiration for constructing a droid companion for piloting. In addition found it enjoyable for how open to expressing herself she currently appeared to be. Draven was hopeful this was a sign they were on the right track with their initial impressions of each other. Draven didn't like conflict though he often didn't spend time properly developing any sort of healthy relationship. He was always in a fray of this or that. With Elami he was genuinely interested in changing that pattern.

"If memory serves me right. They have a pattern which they get programmed with. That their A.I expands upon. Unique to each programmer and the experiences of the droid companion, though with basic concepts. It makes it both an advantage and a disadvantage to have a droid in charge. As while it may pilot it better than your own skills would. If another pilot picks up on the algorithm. It could be costly to you in a heat of the moment situation, as the droid is unlikely to be as adaptive as the human pilot.

Yes, I'll be wishing to visit the temple. This is my first time here. Though more importantly. I'd like to stop by the library and see if they have any guidance for pilot programs. I really would rather not gamble your life, on my ability to self teach."
Draven said and blushed a little causing a faint purple tint on his cheeks due to the slightly pale blue skin tone. Acknowledgement in regards to how protective he sounded of her well being despite having just met her.

Draven however was just naturally protective. He struggled with healing, so he adapted the. 'You don't need to try and heal, whom you don't let get hurt in the first place.' philosophy of being a Jedi. Ironically if his blade snapped to life. While Draven was a combat heavy Jedi. Instead of finding the blade one might associate with a sentinel or a warrior. Draven's blade would be more easily identified as a counselor persona. Ironically this was more true to who he internally was as he didn't wish for people to get hurt. He was just capable of taking action to ensure it was minimized if it was inevitable and prevent repeats.

"Um.. I have a speeder." Draven patted his survival pack. "It comes as part of the base survival gear... Using some sort of high tech storage compartments." He shrugged his shoulders. He didn't exactly understand the science of his survival pack's storage compartments. Though he really didn't need to do so in order to utilize it for his needs.

Draven entered the droid store with Elami. While he began to look for parts for programming the remote for the droid. He allowed Elami to seek out the body she wished for her droid as well as the organs of the droids. The parts essentially were what gave it a semblance of life. Every now and then Draven would cast a curious glance to where Elami was stationed, and to move over to her. In case she required his assistance for moving items. Though he was also cautious not to hover over her all the time. Not wanting to squash what was potentially developing. Still Draven was a source of calm now. As the project took priority over his emotions. ​

Draven started explaining his understanding of a droid’s programming and how the AI interacted with programming to form the ultimate personality and talents of a droid. It was something that Elami never really thought she would be interested in, but she enjoyed listening to Draven’s explanation and how it might not be best to depend on the droid entirely. She was so intent on listening, or maybe it was focusing on Draven’s dreamy features that it took a nudge from within the Force for her not to run into the closed door of the droid shop. She paused and rubbed the back of her neck again as she opened the door with her other hand.

When Draven suggested he would prioritize a trip to the temple library to make sure she was safe, the Mirialan padawan had a blush that matched Draven’s. Though she could only wish that it was the cute purple hue that Draven’s cheek turned. With her olive green complexion the rush of blood to her cheeks made them a rather unsightly brown in her opinion. “I appreciate having the best programming available,” she said with a shy smile. “But I do plan to learn to fly pretty well on my own too. Just something that even a Jedi pilot needs help with. As luck would have it my Master is an archivist, though if you ask me she acts more like an archeologist, so with her gone I have a library assignment or two of my own. You wouldn’t mind company would you?”

Draven stated he had his own speeder. “Well lucky me then,” Elami said with a smile. “A cost that I don’t have to justify to the powers of the temple.” She looked at the pack that held the speeder and she suspected a great deal more. “I’ve heard of that technology. Never seen it before. Very cool.”

They each went separate ways when they entered the droid shop, Elami was focused on the physical components while Draven on the programming bit. Seemed like they would make a good team to make up the best droid two self-taught padawans could manage. She collected the parts that would make up her future R2 unit, but as the game of trying to watch Draven while he wasn’t watching her and vice versa was very prevalent. Even to the point that once Draven looked up while Elami was watching him and she instantly deflected her attention elsewhere.

Once everything was selected she met back up with Draven. “I’ve got everything that I need. You done here? Still have to get your shopping done too.”

Draven did have a moment of heart flutter during the game of eye tag between the two of them. When he caught Elami watching him quickly cast her glance away. He rubbed the back of his neck shyly. While he once more resumed prioritizing searching for the programming bits.

Draven let out a soft hum when Elami approached and asked him if his shopping was completed in this store. He turned to her and gave a warm smile. "Yup, I think I have what we need for your droid's programming remote." He replied and met her eyes directly. "Also, we'll be wanting to finish shopping before we leave to the temple. I am thinking since we our in the tech department. We should be able to hunt down the parts for the navigation system."

Honestly, when she had blushed earlier. Draven had still found a level of appeal in it. His curiosity and attraction towards her was more than superficial. Sure, he found her absolutely cute. Though he genuinely was intrigued to learn about her. Which was evident in the way he looked into her eyes. It wasn't just eye contact out of politeness. It was eye contact full of wonder for whom he was with. As well as appreciation for the opportunity Elami had provided him to be able to spend time with her.

Draven broke the eye contact after a solid moment and shyly glanced aside. He was hopeful she didn't feel uncomfortable. Why all of a sudden was he conscientious over someone's opinion of him? Ugh... This was all foreign to him and he still wasn't fully adjusted to this newfound set of emotions.

Draven did what he was able to do though in an effort not to become too overwhelmed by nerves once more. An effect which only Elami had really sparked from him in this manner of all the people whom he had spent time around. What exactly this meant he was both perplexed to find out as well as admittedly a bit confused.

Draven began to purchase the parts he needed for Elami's droid. He felt that while it was her droid companion. It was their project since she accepted his invitation to work on it with her. Therefore, Draven didn't want her to be the sole investor upon the project. Consider it a gift? If she felt the need to do so. That did raise the question which surprisingly took this long to catch up to Draven. 'Was this an odd sort of Date?' Draven wouldn't know what exactly qualified as a date. Though he was certain some might interpret this as such. As this was two people spending quality time with each other. While other's might interpret this as a team building excersise.

"Let me find a good place to summon one of my transports.." Draven expressed as they made it back onto the streets. This would give them somewhere to place her droid's parts. While they fetched the chip for the navigation system of the ship he'd borrowed. When Draven found a good place he removed his survival pack from his shoulders. Then opened it up and began to operate it. Eventually, calling out his speeder. Making sure to select the more maneuverable of his choices. Summoning out the Shima class cycle and hoping the armament on the vehicle didn't send out the wrong message. It didn't have the greatest storage ability. Though of the choices was probably the safest to avoid any unwanted casualties. ​

They were both ready to move on. That was good. Elami was actually looking forward to seeing what Draven was shopping for. It might help her know his interests. Other than droid programming, she was pretty sure that she was on his list of interests at the moment. But knew little else. Except that she also was very interested in learning more about him as well.

Before they left the droid store however they locked eyes. It was a very surreal feeling for Elami. She wondered if this is what Hollis and Justice felt when they looked at each other. Which of course Elami knew that was a mutual attraction that had just not been stated yet. Did that mean that she was attracted to Draven? The blush returned to her cheeks and she broke eye contact again rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

Yep. It was official. She was attracted to Draven. Now she had to brave the uncharted waters of what to do about it. Did girls ask out boys? Did she wait for him to do the asking? How did dating even work between Jedi? Oh so many questions to answer. A smile formed on her face as she considered them. Whatever the answers were she looked forward to finding them.

Elami was surprised when Draven paid for the programming parts he had selected for the droid. It had started as her project. Did he think she needed help? Or was he just making sure he had some ownership of the project. Elami was willing to share so she didn’t question it further. Just paid for her parts and then they started from the shop.

“Ooh!” Elami yelped in excitement as he mentioned summoning a transport. That would mean using that compact storage technology. “I really want to see it work.” She leaned towards him a bit trying to see if she could spy the object that held a whole speeder inside and Draven carried around. In doing so her shoulder pressed against Draven’s arm. The contact was, a very new feeling for the Mirialan padawan, even though it should have been nothing at all.

After a few actions the speeder was freed from the pack. It was a sleek speeder bike. Looked like it was meant for racing more than transport. That was a bit exciting to Elami seeing as they didn’t have much to haul. “Not much storage room. The droid parts going into the pack?” The fact that it was armed was not even noticed by Elami. After the question of storage her only other thought was. “One seat. Are you used to having a passenger sitting behind you?”

Draven had let out a soft yet surprised hum of a note in response to her brushing up against him. Curious by the technology of his pack. He knew very well what drew her so close to him. It didn't prevent a blush from touching his cheeks once more. Considering this was the closest Draven had been to another individual. Who wasn't throwing him, fighting him, or accidentally bumping into him. His heart did an uncalled for flutter and he had to nervously tap his fingers along his hilt once more.

'Please.. For the love of The Force... Focus Draven!' Draven closed his eyes and took a few more breaths. Only for her to make out an observation of his chosen transport he had over looked. Draven however seemed more grounded now. Despite the fact he let out a simple. "Huh..." Indicating the fact it appeared to only have a single seat. Was not exactly something he had previously factored in.

Draven glanced over to Elami taking another moment to just admire her. Before looking back to the bike to avoid the glance becoming awkward. Draven began to assess the best action. Without exactly finding one which they most certainly would both feel very out of their element trying to manage. The storage was simple. Whatever didn't fit in the limited storage space could be placed in his pack. Elami was a different matter... He couldn't exactly stuff her in storage or his pack. He didn't wish to even try to go that route.

"If push comes to shove. I'll teach you how to pilot the speeder. I can either do my best to find a spot to hold on. Which would help me continue my strength training. That or I could just follow by foot. I am unlikely able to keep pace with the speeder if it is moving high speeds. Though I am capable of running good distances, in good times." This was the initial solutions Draven had come to mind. Beyond the attempt to have them share a seat. "Really, I am not used to having... Passengers. This is also a problem we have a little time to resolve prior to heading off. No need for the speeder until we need to leave this district."

Draven had to catch himself to avoid saying cute and admirable company earlier in his explanation. While he moved next to Elami and began to assist in delegating the placement of her droid's parts. Once more he was close to her.. It felt pleasant being by her side and working with her. "Did you happen to pass any shops geared towards ship parts while walking through this district?"

Elami gave a smile at the suggestion that she drive and he hang on. "As you say we have a little bit of time to figure something out that doesn't involve you hanging off your own speeder." She gave him another good look over. Elami suddenly felt the urge to lean into him again but took in a deep breath of her own. No one would call either of us short, but we probably don't take up too much of the seat. Maybe I can fit behind you just fine."

Elami gave a hum and tried to remember where the starship part store she passed. "Um," she was having trouble focusing, thinking about zipping through the traffic lanes on the cycle clinging onto Draven. "I know there was a ship parts shop on my way in. Not sure if they have what you are looking for. Out of my area of expertise. Let's go find out."

Elami couldn't believe she had done it, and couldn't take it back afterwards. As she said they should go find out about the shop she had seen she held out her hand to Draven. More interesting to her was that she really didn't want to take it back. She wanted Draven to take her extended hand.

Last edited:

Draven listened to her suggestions. Contemplating the solution she provided. If was a sensible concept. It would encourage him to be more controlled about his acceleration and speed. In addition to admittedly the concept of her being near him was a precious thought. "That may work. We'll definitely need to consider the option."

Draven was pleased to hear she might of spotted a store which would work. Though it wasn't a certainty. Draven didn't care if they didn't find the parts in the store. At this point it was more about being around Elami. Draven's eyes caught her offering him her hand. A blush touching his cheeks again. Something was definitely developing between the two of them.. and while it was a nervous experience for Draven. As it was very unfamiliar to him, and difficult to understand. There was also a sense of naturalness to it, and he was drawn to her.

He reached over and took her hand into his own. Intertwining his fingers with her own ensuring there wasn't a chance that they'd easily be separated from one another. While also being delicate as she'd find his hand held a firmness and a roughness which came from his training. Yet there was also a control there. As it was unlikely he would put too much pressure and harm her.

Draven smiled softly over to Elami. It was a warm and radiant smile. While his nerves evaporated from the contact. His feelings were still swirling in indecision. Yet his instincts had settled upon accepting the closeness between them was both mutual and comforting. Then Draven's brows furrowed some as some thoughts crossed his mind. He felt it was important he should address some matters. To be sure they were at least open, as it wouldn't be healthy testing these feelings. While hiding whom he was as an individual the good and the bad.

"This is new for me... Though I think it might be good.. Only time knows for certain." Draven expressed hoping Elami was on the same page. His voice had softened to a shy tone. He rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. "I am normally not good with words. I am even worse when it comes to comforting others.. or healing wounds. I express myself better through actions. Sometimes I struggle with restraint as well. I don't want people hurt necessarily. Though when a fight does break out I tend to let loose."

Really, those were his largest personality flaws. He wanted Elami to be aware head of time.. and while it wasn't justifiable to seeing those traits in action. He hoped there would be some semblance of a resolve for Elami when they did show. Draven would at least make an effort not to allow himself to give up trying to improve. Especially, if this bond between him and her became further concrete. As Draven would have to factor in an agenda beyond his own ambition.

Draven took an initiative in expressing an innocent form of affection towards his newfound companion. Through placing a respectful kiss to the back of her hand. Then continued to hold it within his own. Remaining near her side as they moved through the streets to the ship store. Draven found this meeting was going surprisingly well. Far beyond what initially Draven had the aspiration to accomplish preceding when they ran into one another. ​

Elami was quite thankful that Draven took her offered hand. At first she worried that maybe he took it just to avoid her looking stupid, but she felt his calm through the Force. And felt his fingers fold in with hers. No, that was not the act of mere consideration. It made Elami’s heart flutter and now her mind was a bit panicked. What did she know about relationships? She knew that she was interested in Draven, not she was pretty sure he was interested back. What to do next?

Elami didn’t mind the feel of Draven’s hands. Hers weren’t exactly smooth, soft and delicate like an Alderaanian princess. Though it had been a while since she had actually done any tinkering so she was happy to admit that they were soft for her. Draven’s smile had her forget what they were doing for a moment. Then his furrowed brow made her forget everything altogether. She had done something wrong!

Draven put Elami’s worries to rest with his words. He too was new at this. Made complete sense. Relationships were not something that Jedi training prepared one for. In fact it was quite the opposite. There was team building and nowadays relationships were not viewed as taboo, but it wasn’t like the Masters encouraged the formation of close bonds or families.

Elami smiled when Draven reached up to his neck with nervousness. The same thing she had done several times since they had met. Surely they weren’t the only two in the galaxy with this nervous expression, but it was yet another thing that linked them together.

“We’re young,” Elami said with a smile. “Maybe not to start dating for normal folk, but considering relationships were not taught to us growing up. Or me at least. I am new to all this as well. And I really do think it will be a good thing. I don’t know that I would say I’m good at words, but they seem to come easily to me. Maybe it’s a nervousness. I think I start to ramble to deflect from that. I don’t pretend anything I have to say is wise or anything like that, just if I’m talking then maybe no one notices that I’m trying to figure something out. I have been in battles and also peaceful negotiations. I kinda like the idea of spending time with someone who’s not afraid to take action. But don’t go rushing off into a war or anything anytime soon. I just lost my master not long ago. I bet you’re better at compassion than you think. As to healing. They made me try. I’m not that great at it either. Seems anything that affects tangible objects is not my forte. I’m supposed to be a seer when I get right with the Force again. I’m not afraid of a fight myself. So don’t think you need to be all cute and cuddly in order to impress me.”

Elami came to an abrupt stop and looked over to her left. “Um…We passed the shop,” she said nervously with a bit of a giggle. “Right back there,” she said, pointing at the shop she had seen before. “You lead the way in. You know what we’re looking for after all.”

Draven relaxed some as Elami responded to his concerns. When she expressed his ability to hold compassion. He glanced her direction and gave a gentle smile. While he moved back to facing forward. Walking along side her and silently observing. "You'll have to take that up with my newly acquired Master. Battlefields are a place I might be lead to often as a means to further expand my trainings."

Draven was drawn to attention by her admission they walked past the store.. she giggled. Draven had to softly chuckle in response. Elami was an absolute gem up to this point. In the sense as Draven couldn't feel more at ease just chasing this emotional swing. Then he likely would of been with any other individual.

Draven listened to her request that he take the lead. "Yes, Miss." He responded with a playful undertone to his expression. Pretending like she had him on a short leash already. He continued to hold her hand as he guided her into the store. Looking about as he sought out the chip needed for the navigation system.

Draven eventually found the piece needed. While he paid for it and turned his attention back towards her. "I think whatever else I need shopping wise can wait a short bit. Is there anything else you needed?"

“I will send my petition to your new master to have you stationed at the temple for a while,” Elami responded to the statement of Draven going off to war being in the hands of his Master. “Either that or I’ll just ask my Master to follow along with you so that I can make sure you don’t dig yourself into too much trouble.”

The Mirialan Padawan blushed when Draven called her miss, as if she were the one in charge. It was never in her nature to withhold a suggestion, but she didn’t think of herself as bossy. She certainly hoped that Draven wasn’t thinking that. She wasn’t good at recognizing tone, but that plus the good natured feeling she continued to get through the Force said that Draven wasn’t passing judgment at least.

Draven led the way into the store, not releasing Elami’s hand which made her quite happy. She looked around the store seeing what all they had, what she knew of the parts and such, but not being able to be much help in finding the navigation chip he was looking for. Looking at the more mechanical part she came to the conclusion that a ship was just a collection of smaller machines and given enough time she could probably manage to fix something in a ship. She wondered why that had never occurred to her before.

Thankfully the store had what Draven needed. They went to the register to pay and then Draven asked if she needed anything more from the shops. “I think I’m done. Until something breaks in assembly. I don’t believe in buying back up components though. Have to think positive, right?” She gave him a wide smile. “If your other shopping can wait then I suppose we can make our way back to the temple.” She giggled and rubbed the back of her head again. “Unless there is something else you’d like to do?” With Draven’s storage tech there wasn’t a rush to get the parts back to the temple. A part of her wanted to suggest taking a detour on the way, but she was a little afraid to push things. And she wasn't sure what would be acceptable at this point in their "relationship".

Draven smiled softly when she rubbed the back of her neck nervously again. His eyes looking directly to her's. While he got sucked into their gaze once more. As if they held some magnetic pull. It was difficult to discern what they had occurring between them. Again, it was something time would surely sort out. He found it intriguing she would be tempted to file a petition. "I think you would have better luck with the latter option. However, I don't think you should worry too much. You already make a compelling enough argument for staying alive." Draven concluded and smiled softly.

Draven contemplated if their was anything they should do before heading back to the temple.
"Well... It is my first time here in Galactic City... Well on this planet in general." Draven expressed softly. "Would you happen to know any places which I should visit while I am here? Is there any place good for a nice meal?"

Draven was simply curious about the place he was at. As well as admittedly was getting a bit hungry. He figured tackling his curiosity and getting a bite to eat. Would both serve as a means to spend more time with his newfound companion. As well as help him focus when they decided to work upon the project together.

Draven hoped she didn't mind his suggestions. As he rubbed the back of his neck shyly in turn. They both were honestly running blind in trying to find the best approach to this unique encounter they had come to experience together. Which meant it was essentially a kind of figurative dance in a pitch black room they never had been in before. He was doing his best not to accidentally step on her, nor trip and drag her down unintentionally as well.

Elami gave a giggle when Draven said she would have better luck following him around than convincing his Master to avoid battles. In all likelihood Draven was right. Elami was suggested for a place in the diplomatic portion of the Order before she was assigned to Master Kylelis Bonell, but she never felt like she was good at pushing her own agenda on someone who didn’t have a like mind. And Mind Tricking a Jedi was one of the most difficult things to do. Given her current standing, trying wouldn’t be very advisable. “You sure you don’t want to see me fight before you suggest I follow you around to watch your back?” she asked with a giggle. She was actually a more accomplished fighter than she ever thought she would manage to be. All thanks to Master Bonell. The blush returned to Elami’s cheeks when Draven suggested that her mere existence gave a reason for him to survive. It was a very flattering thought, even if a little dangerous.

“What to do in Galactic City depends a lot on the person asking,” Elami stated with a smirk. “Most Jedi stick to the trade districts. Padawans and knights stick to the low end ones. Hard to say you can make it in the galaxy when you’re doing your shopping at the ritzy high-end markets and having the Order pay your bill. There is a lot of entertainment if you are into that sort of thing. I went and saw
Neesa Loroka at the Star Lounge once. Master wasn’t too happy with me, but it was fun and nothing really happened.”

She was saying too much again. “If it’s just good food you’re looking for there is a nice caf around the corner. I usually go there after hauling my goods around. As cheap as good food goes. Nice little place. Inside booths or tables out on the walkway if you want to people watch.”

Elami gave a shy smile. “That’s where I would go to eat. If you’re looking to impress a girl I can only offer suggestions that come third hand. Heard that the Golden Halo has wonderful food. But not sure who can afford it.”

Elami giggled again as he continued the game of mimicking each other's nervous neck rubs. “Don’t worry you’re doing fine. You’re cute and interesting and you’re going to help me program my droid so it doesn’t crash me into the side of a moon. At the very least we’re friends. What happens from there is up to the Force,” she gave another giggle. “Now that’s a lie. Just act normal. I like what I’ve seen so far. Don’t go messing it up trying to impress me.” Maybe it was a little bit forward. But once she didn't like societal games. Best to be honest than to try to judge if Draven was being sincere.

Draven was peeked in interest when she made a suggestion to allow him to see how well she did in combat prior to working with her on a battlefield. A soft blush touching his cheeks. "Careful. I might invite you to a sparring session sometime. With that kind of encouragement..." He softly chuckled following his warning. Well, to some it wouldn't be much different from Draven inviting Elami to a dance. As it had a much similar rhythm and flow to a dance. Sometimes even an equal level of intimacy depending on the individuals involved in it.

Draven wasn't going to fully drop guard about how dangerous a line he was walking. He always was teetering on some dangerous edge he could easily slip and fall off of. He took Elami's words into consideration and relaxed some. So, long as they were on the same page. Being himself wouldn't be too difficult of a demand.

"Let's try that cafe then.. I am more a cafe and cantina type of guy. It is easier to gather happenings in those environments. As well as in my personal opinion. The food is better in the fact they aren't trying to go over the top to impress." Draven settled as he thought about the other portion. "I prefer nature, ruins, and other environments which have less people, and more grounded structures to interact and explore. The only time I don't mind lots of people is when conflict is happening. As I can retreat into the comfort of combat and minimizing innocents being harmed to the best of my capabilities."

Draven hoped there was something which would fall into the criteria of his interests. If not then moving onto the temple. Getting ready to construct a droid was a viable option. As that would be a good start to seeing how the two of them handled team dynamics. As well as that was a heavy assumption nothing happened prior to then.

Elami’s brow furrowed a little at the warning Draven gave about a potential sparring session, “Careful. A girl might think you are underestimating her with that statement.” She smiled to make sure he knew she wasn’t too upset. “Sounds like we need to set up this sparring session so I can do Master Bonell proud. Unless you don’t think you can go full force against a pretty little girl?” She finished the tease by sticking her tongue out at him.

To spar with Draven might be fun. He didn’t seem like the type to go out dancing, so a little swordplay might be the best way to get up close and personal with him before getting closer than that. It would be interesting to see what would happen when one of them ended up on their back.

The Mirialan padawan was relieved when Draven chose the cafe. She was happy that was his typical preference, though she blushed a bit when he mentioned he enjoyed cantinas as well. She had worked in a cantina for a few weeks in her self imposed exile. “Cantinas can be a good place to eat and drink as long as you can put the other distractions out of your mind,” she was specifically referring to dancers and there was a twinge of jealousy in her tone. But she knew there were many other distractions in a cantina.

Elami again grabbed hold of Draven’s hand and led the way around the corner to the cafe that she frequented when she did her shopping. It had been a few months, but everything looked the same. “An adventuring isolationist is that what you are? Well I can’t say that I blame you. Crowds of people are the worst. But I don’t think I could ever truly be on my own. I need some kind of interaction. Though maybe once we’re finished I can go off on my own with my new droid,” she gave him a wink. “Outside or in?” she asked motioning between the door and the tables set up on the walkway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom