Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Part One of Many

Planet: Vale
Objective: Find the pilot

0f915155737380e3ca20b0bef1c2a2f9.jpg

“Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.”

The galaxy, large and filled with countless stories, moved constantly without any regard of those residing within it’s grand scheme. Hundreds of trillions of self aware beings roamed the stars, for Hannah presently she only wished to find at least one particular person. Something to find, perhaps a starting point of sorts, or even a simple name would suffice for the Cog Girl that now wondered the galaxy in search of her past.

Memories played across her mind, much like a Holo-Vid, and only white clothing and white walls along with medical personnel that looked similar to one another. As her hopeless endeavors of recanting her past memories, Hannah slowly made her way out of the star port and into the city of Vale.

The name ‘Vale’ struck her odd, not the name itself but why the City had been named after the planet, she figured only confusion would manifest from such decision. Names are important after all. Her eyes watched carefully, many travelers moved with speeds more akin to a womp-rat scurrying for its next meal. Rude womp-rats to that end as some pushed past Hannah to grab a taxi, she herself continued to walk down the sidewalk and into the heart of the city.

It had took rather a lot of searching, but Hannah had managed to find an old batch number attach to her container back where the warehouse she had found herself after waking up. The company responsible provided a nice list of tracking numbers. She had scavenged the holo-site and found a manifest that held her batch number.

Well, she didn’t find the manifest per se, but the hacker responsible certainly found their bank account well off after finding said manifest. Hannah now had a chance to find the light freighter responsible for carrying her to the warehouse. And pilot is somewhere out there.

Curiosity fueled her search, it was hard to grow angry with people whom she had never met. As well as a reason for her anger. All she wanted was an answer. Her tail swung anxiously from side to side, Hannah hoped to find answers even if it just ends up giving her only one answer.

Initiate, Praetorian Guard
Equipment | Lightsaber (blue), Throwing Knives, Binding Wires
Location | Vale Capital City, Vale, Industrial Sector
Unknown | [member="Hannah"]
oE8nQeb.png

Located on the frontier of the First Order’s designated Industrial Sector, between both the major hyperspace route of the Corellian Trade Spine and Hydian Way, Vale was a thriving planet whose skies were filled with the comings and goings of starships of various make and sizes.

While the First Order were preparing to move towards a more isolationist policy, the state of the planets on edges of their territories continued on as normal. As the directives were still in the process of being finalised and implemented, one Marriskcal Lati was assigned to Vale, as a way to keep an eye on the current of changes that was about to sweep though the First Order. And also as a precaution against any disorder that may arise after.

With her weaponry hidden in a leather sidebag and dressed in simple traveller’s garb of a sand-hued tunic and loose flowing grey pants, the young woman wandered about the streets of the capital city, looking to all like someone who was just passing through the area.

And that was when Marriskcal caught a glimpse of her, a figure that looked more cybernetic than organic. Inherently curious, the blonde slowly made her way towards the female of an unknown race, a tentative smile in place as she greeted her.

Hello, if it’s not too rude, may I ask what race are you
? You have beautiful eyes.

Interaction with: [member="Marriskcal Lati"]

Everything about Vale was indeed new and different, so a different and new voice broke Hannah from her trance like walk the Cog Girl reflexively stood still for a moment. Quickly she nodded at the compliment but hesitated to answer the young woman's question. Mostly due to not having answer rather than freezing or being socially inept. Carefully her tail swayed to the side as she uttered "Thanks," and to allow her some extra seconds to figure out a proper response.

"I do not know," Hannah concluded, perhaps the best answer she currently possessed. Even after she had earlier spent several weeks researching the species of the galaxy, the task was almost impossible even with her cybernetic implants in her head. Now her tail swung to the other side Hannah commentated back, "-And your hair is beautiful too, human correct?" She asked.

Her cybernetic horns flapped upwards, silently they continued to monitor comm channels to give Hannah a better chance of tracking that down that pilot. But this person is nice, maybe she knows more of the city. Her luck with strangers was, questionable at best, but thankfully she figured that statistically speaking she was bound to run into someone nice. The galaxy is quite large, to the betterment and determent to Hannah, while the prospect of seeing new planets was a nice thought; Hannah still figured her body would mark her as a target.

Someone as heavily modified as myself, well, I should be careful. Point being made with said young woman in front of her who's very interested with her eyes. Perhaps Hannah figured she should provide this young woman with the extra pair, Hannah never traveled without her field repair kit.

oE8nQeb.png

Now that they were only a small distance apart, the blonde was able to regard the other without the stream of other beings distracting her. The stranger was tall, her skin was a shade of ashen ivory and her hair was a cobalt that held a tinge of grey. But what truly caught the notice of her keen eyes was the the movement of her tail as it swayed gently from side to side. With her burnished flame eyes and the flick of her dagger-like cybernetic horns, the being reminded Marriskcal faintly of a feline-inclined creature.

So interested was Marriskcal in observing the person before her that she almost missed the reply that followed her greeting. The Praetorian blinked as the other admitted she did not know of her race, her curiousity only continuing to grow in size at the mystery that presented itself to her. There were not many reasons that she could think of where one did not even know of her heritage, and none of them were stories with a joyful beginning.

At the mention of her hair, the young woman tugged at a stray golden lock self-consciously, her smile taking a timid cast as she dipped her head, unused to receiving compliments. “Thank you for your kind words as well, would you like to touch it?” she queried, a hint of uncertainty colouring her words. A part of her knew it was dangerous to allow a stranger to draw so near into her space, but the Force continued to hum peacefully around the both of them, so Marriskcal decided that she could give the other a measure of trust.

And yes, you guessed right,” she said, looking back up at the other once more. The blonde fell silent for a moment as she pondered if it would be too intrusive to pry any further and decided to make an attempt. After all, the worst would be that the cybernetic-laden female would just rebuff her. “Is it hard not to know anything about your race
?” Though that was her question, what Marriskcal truly wanted to know is if the other found it difficult to go through life without knowing one’s background. After all, the only thing she truly knew about her life before the Academy was her name and her homeworld.

Touch her hair? Her fingers clasped among one another and Hannah shook her head solemnly. The calibration of her senses in her fingers weren't designed for things as delicate as hair, in fact Hannah wondered what were the limitations of her senses. Her experiences among sand and the like indicated that it seemed it was quite a large limitations for her senses within her fingers. "Unfortunately I must decline the offer, my hands weren't designed to sense things like hair." Hannah explained with a polite nod.

As her tail swung to the other side, the question of her race was nothing new to her, past encounters were often awkward moments but here the young woman in front of her felt more sincere in her question. Not a throw away question to simply pass the time. "Difficulty in not knowing? Certainly, but my trip here will hopefully remedy my own questions with who I am." Hannah explained, careful to not provide a lot of information.

Maybe she works for the company or scientists that made me. Paranoia was the word most frequently used by others to describe her line of reasoning, but it wasn't fear but genuine interest. Because if this woman did happen to work for the very people that made her it would make Hannah's journey significantly shorter.

"My name is Hannah though," She introduced herself, hand outstretched in a standard greeting form often used for new acquaintances. If this young woman does work for them, best to show them a cordial self, I do not wish to scare them.

oE8nQeb.png

Her… hands? Oh! Though some of her revealed features were clearly cybernetic in nature, Marriskcal has not considered that other parts of her body may also be similarly crafted. “Ah, forgive me. I did not realise that your hands were also cybernetic.” While she had basic knowledge about how they were able to increase one’s strength and physical prowess, the revelation that she has a limited sense of touch was something that was saddening to the blonde. One of the small joys in her life was being able to coax a fluffy tooka into allowing her to pet it and feeling it purr in contentment beneath her hand.

Seeing her quiet determination, Marriskcal wondered if she should continue her own attempt to search for her family. Ever since that one time when she was struck by whimsy and wandered to her homeworld of Bakura, only to fail when it came to finding the trails of her parents, she has never made another attempt. “I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you will be able to find the answers you seek.” And truly, she did. “Let me know if you need any help. I may not be a native of Vale, but I am familiar enough with the business and industrial districts, as well as the constant flow of starships belonging to the more major companies of this world.

The Praetorian found herself faintly confused, blinking when the other proffered a hand towards her. As an individual who stayed within the shadows at the behest of her Lord and Master, faceless and nameless for most of her assignments save for a callsign, such basic courtesy often escaped Marriskcal unless she was prompted. A tinge of rose coloured her cheeks as her gloved hand closed around Hannah’s own. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Hannah. My siblings call me Marr.

Hannah's eyes traced Marr's hand as it clasped with her own mechanical one, with the hand now returned to her side Hannah nodded in understanding. Marr here possessed knowledge of the business sector of this world, perhaps even some close ties to those who would be able to hasten Hannah's search for her transport pilot. My receptors haven't really afforded me much with anything. Her antenna horns on top of her head flapped downwards as she nodded once more to Hannah.

"I would greatly appreciate your assistance." Hannah responded, her hand reached for the datapad and presented it towards Marr. Gesturing to the image of the Caro Freighter ship on the datapad. "An independent Ship took a transportation job and I wish to meet with either the pilot or Captain of the ship." Hannah explained. While she did possess the ship's registry number, gaining access to this planet's Star Port manifest was near impossible.

Perhaps a blessing from the galaxy, Hannah figured since she would have been forced to listen out for any mention of this ship or the name of the Pilot or Captain. Pierce and Morgan. "I do apologize for any trouble I cause your day today, also for repeating a question. Since I am not your sibling, what do I call you?" Hannah asked, her tail swung freely now from side to side, appearing quite relaxed under the circumstance.

oE8nQeb.png

The minute movements seemed to be something that was done unconsciously on her new acquaintance’s part. Marriskcal found it charming, and though she would not admit it to anyone else, absolutely endearing.

The young woman accepted the datapad that Hannah held out towards her, her eyes immediately taking in the image displayed on its screen. And promptly scrunched her nose when she saw its streamlined frame and dull grey hull.

Unlike the more exotic variations that sometimes berthed at the starport of Vale, there was nothing that distinguished this particular model from the hundreds and thousands of its working-class brethren. It made it all the more harder for Marriskcal to recall if she had ever saw this particular starship, considering she was inclined to be indifferent to most vessels unless they were unique in design. The only saving grace was that Hannah possessed its registry number, along with other details that would aid her in identifying the vessel.

Ah, it is no trouble at all. I do not have any important task to attend to at the moment and I am more than happy to aid you so long as it is within my ability to do so.

Well, her responsibilities on Vale was merely to ensure that there were no disorder during the implementation of the new directives and to take regard of any subversive elements. If there were any disturbances, it was to be handled at her discretion. It was not like Marriskcal needed to be outside amongst the population to carry out her duty. But after several days, the silence of the office she was assigned and the unending stream of documents were beginning to stifle her. And thus, she escaped.

Being able to converse and help her new acquaintance was more than welcomed at this point.

If you like, you can call me Marr as well. But if you feel it is too informal, please call me Marris instead.” It was a name that she gave out to strangers and acquaintances alike, whenever she had to introduce herself. And as it was a slightly abbreviated version of her name, the blonde did not hesitate nor felt any guilt divulging it.

Passing back the datapad to Hannah, Marriskcal removed her issued datapad and accessed the planetary database without encountering any barrier. Unbeknownst to the Praetorian, who has lived her entire life bypassing most security measures in place due to her unique position within the First Order, such ease was not something that was considered standard. For her – it just is.

Inputting the information that she gleaned from the other, the blonde managed to swiftly trace the heavy freighter down.
Here we go,” she said, turning her datapad around for her companion to see.

The past few months had turned and forced her mind to slow quite down, most beings out in the galaxy do not process information or work as quickly compared to computers. Not that she had ever felt annoyed by the fact or that she considered it a discomfort, more so Hannah understood it as being adaptable whenever she entered a new environment. The quickness of which Marris provided the information certainly was a record from Hannah's recollection.

Even that nice mister or managed to hack and deliver my datapad was not this speedy. Hannah nodded once in thanks and carefully examined the datapad with bright red eyes. The ship had entered a nearby commercial airport, specifically for unloading its previous cargo and currently awaiting its refueling and mechanical check ups before it would be cleared to fly back out. That means the pilots would be here and nearby no doubt.

Tail swung slightly viciously to either side, excitement a rather rare emotion for the young cyborg, but her face remained passive and stern as ever. Hannah lifted her eyes back up to meet Marris's own and nodded once more in thanks. "I am very thankful and you have my favor." She started, her hands slowly reached down to her utility belt, "-I know it is customary for gifts to be given, you mentioned how my eyes are interesting to you? I have a spare pair I could provide for you." Hannah explained.

Hannah often wondered the extent of her body's durability, and on more than one occasion had found it rather fascinating how damaged she could managed herself until repairs were absolutely needed. Durosteel walls were not the things I could punch throw or even ram through, but it certainly helps to know it would be the third softest material land on.

"Unfortunately Marris, I am rather low on credits to offer as well." Hannah explained further about her possible offerings, the expenses to travel across the galaxy certainly dug into her credit reserves quite quickly.

oE8nQeb.png

Perhaps it was due to the ascetic nature of her life, but Marriskcal has never expected to receive a favour or present for her troubles, especially not when it was a matter that she meddled in willingly and of her own will. So when Hannah mentioned that it was customary, her blue eyes became wide with surprise even as a another blush touched her fair features.

I– I… do not really require any token of gratitude,” the blonde began in an diffident tone, her voice wavering as she found herself grasping for the right words. “I helped you because I wanted to, not because I hoped for any sort of reciprocation.But… someone once told her that it was impolite to refuse a gift, especially one that was offered sincerely. Due to the placid mien that Hannah wore, it was exceedingly difficult for her to read through her intentions. But Marriskcal has always been a believer in giving people a small measure of trust.

The Ren took in a breath of air and inclined her head, her lips curved into a small smile. “If it would not inconvenience you in any manner, I will accept the spare pair of eyes.” Perhaps it was slightly morbid and any other normal person would hesitate in accepting the ruby orbs as a gift, but the reality Marriskcal lived in was different from most. “I really do like their shade a lot, and they will serve as a fond memento that we have once met.

She has become somewhat of a magpie these days, collecting trinkets and keepsakes as she wandered from world to world. Sometimes, it was something ordinary that was special to the planet, like sapir tea and namana wood music box from Bakura. Sometimes, it was something more practical, like a kyber hilt dagger from Elrood. And other times, it was something that served as a keepsake of someone she once met, like the blaster that once belonged to Agent Omen, or even her brushing up on her studies of sign language in hopes of meeting Kirie once again.

Hannah’s beautiful eyes would become a part of her collection.

Though it may be considered to be prying and insensitive, Marriskcal decided to offer her company if the other wanted it. “Also, if you do not mind my presence at your side when you speak to the pilot of the freighter or its Captain, I would like to accompany you and see this through.

Objective: Head over to the pilot

As Marris explained to her about how she need not any gift, Hannah's tail stopped mid swing. Then she inclined her head and accepted the spare eyes, Hannah nodded once as well as they were removed from her person. Her tail resumed to swing, gently from side to side now that the gift was received. Her own red eyes, the ones in her skull, turned her attention to a different street that lead to her next destination.

"I'll be sure to keep the same color as I procure another pair at a later date," Hannah responded to Marris' appreciative words of Hannah's eye color. Previously it had often been rather difficult to work with such eyes. Certain scenarios possibly could have been easier with different eyes, but for the moment Hannah was content that today her eyes served further purpose.

Now for the pilot. She had not originally expected help from the local populace past offering a few directions, but this Marris had proved beyond Hannah's expectation. Maybe I should rework the assumption that there are strange people who help. Hannah nodded once again, "-It would be an honor to have you accompany me." Honor is the correct word I believe. Languages were always difficult, especially the Galactic Common, Hannah found its fluidity rather taxing to understand.

"Does your occupation deal heavily with this planet?" Hannah asked, as she walked ahead to the Star Port. "-I do not wish to distract you or cause any issue with your job of course." She added, not wishing to cause harm to her new companion. It would also hinder Hannah herself if restrictions would be placed on her for breaking any rules or misusing information given to her. So many laws everywhere as well. . .

oE8nQeb.png

Please do! The colour is really flattering on you.

Accepting the two delicate ruby orbs with a vivid grin, the blonde studied their luster for an admiring moment before she slipped them and her datapad back into the sidebag she was carrying, using the device to keep her gift away from her knives and lightsaber hilt. While Hannah’s features remained serene, it was beginning to dawn on the Praetorian that perhaps her new acquaintance was conveying her sentiment in another manner as she watched as her tail continued its gentle swaying.

It was strange to hear the word ‘honour’ from another person’s lips, for it was a nebulous ideal that did not exist in the path she had chosen. Usually, the very notion of ‘honour’ itself would bother the pragmatic hunter that lied beneath her skin, but used by Hannah in such a setting, the young woman found herself delighted by it.

At the permission given by her companion, Marriskcal followed the other as she walked down the street, taking slightly lengthier steps until they were both walking side by side. “You are not distracting me from anything important,” she said, shaking her head lightly to emphasise her point. “And… well, for now, this planet and its continued order is of interest to me and my superior. But rather than expecting any disruptive situations to arise, my presence here is mostly precautionary in nature.

And despite the tedium of bureaucracy that Marriskcal was forced to endure, she knew that the individuals that formed this planet’s council were astute enough to punish any dissenters harshly if they attempted to rebel against the new policy. Because if the blonde were to step in and intervene due to their incompetence, there would dire consequences.

What about yourself, Hannah
?” the Ren turned to give her companion a curious glance. “Are you still working? Or are you taking a sabbatical?” After all, the other did mention that she was low on funds.

Objective: Enter the Star Port

Only precautionary in nature? Rather fascinating job role, to be ready when the situation demands it and assist with anything that might transpire. Hannah wondered why Marris appeared so calm, no outwards signs of anxiety because of her job. Perhaps on this planet such troubles never arise. Hannah continued her even steps forward, tail swayed lightly as her horns flexed upwards when Marris asked of Hannah's own profession. She understood that 'civilian' was not a job position, but currently she really had no other title.

"I was a mechanic, helped with refitting and repairing Star-Fighters in the Core Worlds," Hannah answered, a small nod as she continued, "-Never a lack of ships to repair in the Core, a lot of fighting." Hannah figured that perhaps those in higher authority would see the senseless of it all, but than again there stood certain monsters that Hannah would pause before approaching. I like the calm of this city.

The duo continued to walk, the Star Port slowly emerging closer into view and no doubt their query were somewhere within, Hannah eyed the increasingly growing crowds and hovercraft. She wondered if perhaps these beings around her acted as mechanical as Hannah was visually, the thought comforted her slightly. The growing concern of never completely knowing who one was would take Hannah moments on end to think past the thought.

"I take contract work, so jobs come rather easily. And thankfully many of them are posted over the Holo-Net where personal interviews aren't needed." Hannah continued to explained a bit more of herself, "-Having it be known one can work well and efficient allows me certain liberties of never needing such interviews." She added with a certain tone of pride, or perhaps fondness of her own abilities.

oE8nQeb.png

The blonde nodded along as Hannah enlightened her to a sliver of her life. The entirety of Marriskcal’s life thus far has been dedicated to training, so that she could serve her Lord and Master to the best of her abilities. Ever since she could remember, she had wanted to be part of the Praetorian Guard, and she had walked down that path unerringly since. There was only one time in her life before today where the young woman had even mused about a life away from the First Order, and it was a thought that she had quelled seconds after it had touched her thoughts.

But listening as Hannah spoke of her work on being a mechanic, it sounded… free. It was obvious from how she spoke that her new acquaintance was pleased with her path in life. The other accepted jobs when she wanted to, she could travel without needing to adhere to a strict military schedule, she did not need to continuously hone her skills. While Marriskcal would never regret her life, there was a clear tinge of envy that shaded her presence. Perhaps one day, she would get to travel the galaxy and see for herself the planets that she has only seen on the holodata devices thus far.

I am glad for you then. As Vale is located on the borders of the First Order’s territory, a lot of starships alight here. You will probably be able to find work easily.” Many freighters sustained some damage through their long journey, after all.

The hum of vessels and the buzzing chatter of people began to permeate the air as they drew up to the edge of the starport. Though it paled slightly in traffic when it came to exotic and unique starships, the main starport in Vale made up for it by its daunting traffic. Due to the strict travels in First Order space, Vale has always a busy harbour world. When the isolationist policy was fully implemented and the borders become even more restricted, it would probably become even worse. Hopefully, Marriskcal would be able to leave before then. The sheer number of people and their chaotic emotions were overwhelming to her senses.

If the freighter you are looking for is currently waiting for its turn to be refueled and serviced, it would be faster if we walked through here,” the blonde said, her hand coming up to wave lightly at a door that indicated that it was for personnel only.

Vale. The planet named sounded foreign, and with a cybernetic mind allowed her process information quickly, Hannah did not envy the Navigation Computer at all. Not with the near millions of data points needed to successfully navigate this large galaxy. Perhaps more of her own self was still in her mind, or perhaps she wasn't built perfectly to handle all the stress of holding so much information.

Hannah nodded once more, her eyes followed Marris's hand and headed straight towards the entrance she indicated. The vibrancy of the Star Port excited her cybernetic horns, so much communications and the traffic of signals were being shifted through and puzzled about as Hannah continued to focus on her original goal. Much like the Force, everything can be so. . . distracting.

"All these machines and droid," Hannah slowly moved her head to examine the magnitude of the Star Port properly. Much like when she landed earlier that day, her awe of how everything worked together, "-Each one of them knows their place in this galaxy." She added, the electronic waves and signals all sang a wondrous harmony, her tail swayed but with added movements as if attempting to find the tempo.

Moving across the restricted section, Hannah's bright red eyes carefully watched over the ongoings around her with high interest, but soon her focus returned on the hanger bay section. The freighter that for so long had only been zeros and ones on her datapad now stood before her in the physical sense. True to Marris's word, the ship was still awaiting its refueling and last checkups before being cleared for launch.

Back outwards the countless stars. . .

"I believe the pilots are below, nearby. . ." Hannah indicated as she moved with additional speed, her tail no longer swayed as it now remained eerily frozen in an upwards appearance. As the Cog Girl approached the small crew of four spacers, she noted that none held any insignia that she could remember, but the serial number of the freighter was correct and these where the ship's crew.

One of the older, and clearly the Captain of the vessel moved closer to intercept Hannah's path, his eyes a tired brown but curious at the being of Hannah. "You have question?" The older human male asked, a rather thick accent, one unknown to Hannah.

"I am wish to inquire of a cargo you once delivered, I have the report here-" Hannah gestured with her datapad, her hand slowly moved the device closer to the man. He looked, but arms still crossed over his chest, "-I only wish to ask who employed you for this task, but if that's allowed, than perhaps from where you originally picked up this Cargo." Hannah asked.

Her bright red eyes focused on the elderly Captain, his features turned to slight confusion but gently grabbed the datapad and silently examined the report. He whistled and uttered a strange word, but one of the men behind him quickly approached with their own datapad and both talked earnestly between one another.

Even as Hannah's ears could register their voices, the language used was in her database. "I have credits, should you require any for such information." She added, her voice remained passive but her tail began to sway slowly. Hopeful.

oE8nQeb.png

–Each of them knows their place in this galaxy.

Not only machines and droids, she thought to herself as she traced her friend’s steps. Every single one of us are but a cog. Perhaps it was different elsewhere, perhaps it was even different away from the only life she has known, but Marriskcal has long held the thought that she was but a small piece in the grand scheme of the First Order’s ambitions. And that was fine by her, because peace and order was worth the sacrifice.

With the shortcut they took, it did not take them long before they found themselves at their destination. As the blonde lived half the time on various star destroyers and cruisers, she did not hold the same interest as Hannah did for their surroundings, but found herself studying her friend’s expressive movements with a small twitch of her lips.

And soon, her new acquaintance lead them right towards where the vessel matching the image loomed up ahead. As Hannah began to quicken her pace, the Praetorian slowed her own down by a beat. While the other did allow Marriskcal to follow after her, a small part of hers wondered if it was truly fine for her to involve herself so deeply in someone’s life? It was a query she did not have an answer to due to her limited understanding of social norms.

The young woman was slightly behind by the time Hannah started to converse with a grizzled looking gentleman. Marriskcal was content to remain silent while the other sought the answers she has been searching for all this while. Or rather, she was content to remain silent while standing just behind her friend’s shoulders and gracing the men before them with an unblinking gaze and a faint frown that hinted at the displeasure they would feel if they did not find it in their benevolent hearts to grant Hannah’s wish.

She will pay you only if the information you have does not lead to a dead end.

Safe to say, Hannah was rather unsure of what to exactly respond with as Marris stood slightly behind her and spoke in her favor to the Captain and his crew. It was rather strange to have someone sound displeased for her should Hannah's efforts be for waste. Hannah could feel her fingers curl, softly they held onto her jacket as the rest of the crew looked with rather unsure glances towards both the Cog Girl and rather hard bargaining blonde friend.

The older space, held onto his weathered features of disinterest, possibly too old or uncaring. He nodded once to one of his crew members and slowly made his back to Hannah, data-pad in hand and another data-slate, loosely held by his other hand. Hannah slowly bowed her head, "-I share my friend Marris's enthusiasm for information, but my credits will be yours regardless of where it leads." She explained. Credits would be far from her mind if she could even glimpse at the name of her home world.

I care not for the coordinates, just the name would do. The older spacer raised an eyebrow at the mention of 'sharing' enthusiasm part, since Hannah hadn't changed her expression once since they've met. Of course, it was unclear when was the last time at all since Hannah had changed her facial expression. Regardless of the situation the older man only nodded, "-This here was task given to ex-crew, but the ship possess old nav coordinates of the job." The old spacer handed the slate to Hannah.

Hannah nodded her head in thanks, the older spacer eyed both her and Marris before departing, not before offering his own goodbye, "-Our ship is next for refueling. I'll keep you in my prayers." With that the crew slowly dispersed along with the older spacer. Prayer, how fascinating of a good bye. The cultures within this galaxy was almost as massive as the languages spoken no doubt, if not more so, and Hannah wondered what kind of culture her species must have created.

With a moment of staring at the data-slate, Hannah returned her attention to her new friend Marris. Her bright red eyes blinked once, and awkwardly moved closer in her attempt to offer a small but quick hug. The tail acted rather more graceful than its counterpart, and lightly wrapped around Marris's waist for a small embrace.

"Thank you for your help Marris." Hannah spoke as she detached herself from Marris, equally as clumsy as when she first hugged her, "-I do not possess another pair of eyes, but if you care to wait for the future, I may come back with more." Hannah offered, while her tail lazily hung around Marris's waist still before slowly slithering away and back behind Hannah.

oE8nQeb.png

The blonde almost allowed her scowl to falter when Hannah began to speak, wanting to grace her friend with a pout for being so lenient when it came to this group of people. But the words has already left her lips, and all Marriskcal could do at this point was to adjust her own act to flow seamlessly around the new scenario that the other has introduced. But fortunately for them, they made no further mentions of the creditory compensation as they handed Hannah the information she was seeking.

Marriskcal waited until the group of spacers has retreated, to a far enough distance that they would not be able to listen in on their conversation before she stepped back to Hannah's side. She did not ask about the contents, for it was something that was private and close to her friend's heart. Perhaps if they met again somewhere in the vast galaxy, would the other speak to her of her discovery and adventures.

As they had just met not too long before, it came as a sweet surprised when Hannah drew closer, her movements stilted but determined as she wrapped both her arms and tail around the blonde in a warm embrace. The Marriskcal of before would probably have been uncertain about such displays of affection, but after her brother has entered her life, she has gotten more natural about accepting and showing her fondness. With a bright smile, the Ren curved her own arms around Hannah, hugging her firmly against her body before she allowed the other to step back.

"Just having the pleasure of your company and listening to your adventures will be more than enough, Hannah." As someone who did not need much from life and was brought up in an ascetic environment, what the young woman truly treasured were the memories she made. The gifts she collected was merely the physical representation of them.

Their parting was a bittersweet affair. As she felt her friend's tail slowly releasing her, a slight pang of loneliness made itself known. While she has her siblings, Eight, and even her unit waiting for her back home, her assignment often took her away from them for long periods of time. And it made meeting and keeping friends even harder, for her position as a Praetorian did not allow for her to divulge much about herself. Even though she found herself reluctant to part with Hannah, she stepped forward and placed her hand on her friend's shoulder.

"I hope that the next time we meet, you would have found the answers you were seeking for."

Objective: Say Good Bye (For now)

Hannah nodded once, her eyes focused on the data slate before returning to face Marris's own once more, she had not expected assistance from anyone and for a moment she paused. Her mouth opened to speak but no words were uttered, her tail swayed slowly and her horns slowly contracted back down, pressing themselves firming to her skull and hair. Slowly, her head turned to see Marris's hand on her shoulder and nodded once more.

Bright red eyes returned back to focus on Marris's features, concerned Hannah figured to herself but there was also something else, an emotion that others had to constantly explain to her, hope. Her tail slowly laid over Marris's hand that was on her shoulder, a warm goodbye even if done by cold metal.

"I will no doubt have stories to tell, and perhaps bring along a holo-vid, I've been known to be rather-" Hannah paused for a moment, her mind quickly reviewing past words used on her, "-Technical in my manner of speech when recalling events." Hannah calmly slid her data-slate into her utility belt and offered once last nod to her friend.

Even if this new information only brought her a single step towards her answer, she would happily take that step because now there stood another next to her along that very step forward. The galaxy contained untold trillions of sentient life forms, and it brought Hannah comfort that she could name a few of them friends. There was a dream she wanted to see, a moment in the future, where she could tell all her friends her real name.

So to that end, I hope to tell you who I am one day.

"Until we meet again Marris, good bye."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom