Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Part One: Looking in the Mirror [Darkwire]

The missile impacted the apartment, engulfing it in flames and hurling shrapnel all over. Luckily she hid underneath the shield on top of Venku but that didn't stop the flames from licking at her clothing. She groaned with clenched teeth as she felt her clothing singe against her skin, but luckily it passed quickly. Venku shouted something at her but she wasn't sure what. Finally it ended and silence set in. Xan tossed the shield aside and winced as she tried to move. To her surprise she was hurled off him and landed with a grunt. Through squinting eyes she watched him try to save the wreck of a droid copycat.

"Yeah sure kark me right? Don't mind the girl who saved your life." she grumbled as she pushed herself onto her feet. She looked herself over, noticing the damage the flames had done. Her clothing was singed and her hair had a few burns as well which was the last thing she needed. Though the most problematic was the wound in her side. She winced as she touched it and placed her hand over it to try and cover it up. It was only when she heard a familiar voice and saw Venku draw his weapon when she got some energy in her. In the blink of an eye she was next to him and forced his gun arm down. "Drop the gun." she ordered with a cold voice, glaring at him with threatening eyes.

She sighed and leaned against her broken couch, glancing at Cartri. "Yeah we had some guests over. They let themselves in." she explained to him before looking to Venku. "No need to worry about him. He's staying with me. He's clean. His name's Cartri." she reassured him as she stood up. She tried to turn around, but quickly grabbed hold of Venku's shoulder as a wince escaped her. Glancing at the wound, she sighed and carefully lowered herself into her ruined couch. "Karking hell. Cartri, do me a favour and grab the medical kit in the bathroom..." she glanced at where the bathroom was, the wall completely broken down by the explosion. "... Or what's left of it." she added with a weak chuckle. She tore off a piece of her shirt and pressed it over the wound with a restrained groan. "Didn't actually think they hit me. Guess I wasn't moving quick enough." she quipped at Venku, though her smile quickly faded as her dirty face grew darker. "Did you recognize the voice of that droid?" she asked him, hoping he heard the same thing she did.

Once Cartri brought her the kit, she cleaned the wound and stuck a bacta patch over it before wrapping her treatment up with a stimpack. "Did you see anyone on your way here? Anyone suspicious or carrying a type of cylindrical object?" she asked Cartri as she rose to her feet, not sure if he knew what a missile launcher even was...

Venku Bralor Venku Bralor Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Kadora'Tra Kadora'Tra

Cartri waved the smoke away from his face and coughed, almost beginning to feel the effects of the fumes coming from his room. He slowly shook his head in obvious frustration before turning around to something he didn't expect. A feline was aiming a pistol straight at him, forcing the boy to freeze on the spot and stare in surprise "I could say the same thing..." replied Cartri to the stranger. However, almost in an instant Xan came from across the room and forced him to lower his gun like a big sister protecting his younger brother. All he could do was let out a sigh of relief and a small smile from the confrontation, relived he wasn't going to meet his end to a stray cat in his apartment. He gave a small thankful nod to Xan before placing his hand inside of the warm jumper he wore, while in the mean time gazing at the various scattering of robot limbs "Yea, I can see that. They must of brought the party with them too" said Cartri as he kicked away a robot head across the room

Xan made sure to also introduce himself to the creature who could of potentially killed him only moments ago, forcing him to offer a polite nod to the visitor. It was pretty obvious Xan and the cat were on edge after the presumed attack, so he kind of understood why the feline did what what he did, sweeping it under the rug was probably best for now. His gaze fell on Xan as she began to get up, although she suddenly let out an audible wince and didn't seem to be looking too good all together. Cartri took a few steps forwards in preparation to help his friend, but soon stopped when she found her feet again and fell back first on the couch. For Cartri it was stressful to see Xan like this, he looked up to her as a mentor and friend who he thought of to be indestructible. Although, it was showing him the stark truth that anything and anyone no matter how close to you can get caught out, even if they're at the top of their game "Yea... of course" he said with a look of worry as he turned away and made his way to the bathroom.

Upon clear inspection the bathroom was almost unrecognisable, almost everything inside was black and half broken as he entered. His shoes crunched over broken glass and debris while he carefully treaded through the mess to the mounted wall cupboard on the wall. He reached over and pulled it open, only for the damaged door to completely snap off and fall to the floor with a crash "Great..." he grunted with a roll of his eyes before reaching in to grab the slightly scorched kit from the small cupboard.

The boy reappeared from the bathroom after a few minutes and handed the kit over to the injured Xan, who seemed to loosen up upon getting the medical help she needed. Cartri went over to a wall that wasn't badly damaged and leaned up against it, folding his arms as Xan asked him if he saw anyone carrying a cylindrical object. He titled his head slightly from the confusion of the question, struggling to figure out what she was saying "I didn't see anyone on the way up unfortunately, I think most of them met their end here from the looks of it. But a cylindrical object? I don't really know what you mean by that" said Cartri as he looked between the two "Do you have any ideas who did this at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom