Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pariah [Solo]

Pariah
Planet Rishii - 4 Years Ago

fentezi-peyzazh-reka-vodopad.jpg

Image Credit: Manora

Life of a Rishi I - Day 0

Pyeth Raffinki stretched and yawned as he emerged from sleep. He could hear the early morning birdsong drifting through his families nest. The morning was the best time - the start of a new dawn, when all things remained possible. Leaping out of bed he unspun the cosy wool that served as covers to his bed and rolled back the leather curtain over the round window in his cliff chamber. The sun to the east was already rising, washing away the silvery clouds in a golden hue and returning green to the grey misty landscape below.

"Breakfast!" tweeted his mother. There was nothing like food to motivate a young Rishii, and Pyeth was no exception. He hurriedly donned his ceremonial wooden jewellery and pair of breeches, simple clothing they had traded for with the low landers in the valleys below. Tossing a blanket of furs over his bed, he hurried to the kitchen, where his mother was already putting out food. Pyeth helped himself to some spiced Grophet sausage and water drawn from the tribe's namesake of the Raffinki river.

His mother, witnessing her son scoff down the sausage, shook her head, smiling, "What is the rush Pyeth?"

"Today we are going foraging." He chirped happily, almost knocking the wooden bowl that contained the water. He stopped it hastily even before his mother could, "Sorry" He said with nervous laughter.

She folded her arms, gazing down at her hatchling, "It was only the last moon that you persisted with your complaining about picking herbs and weaving baskets."

"Yes. . . but today is different." He said, pointing to the spear laid to rest near the door, it would usually be accompanied by his father's sling, but that was absent. "Did my father leave early?" He asked, watching his mother's expression soften and turn to the window. "I presume so, probably preparing for the beginning of your big hunt."

Pyeth nodded and said his goodbyes, knowing it would be a few months before they saw each other again, the trials he and his nest-mates would embark upon and complete in the months ahead would be their rite of passage, proof of their ability to not only support the tribe as junior scouts but also protect it from the daily dangers and challenges they faced. While Rishii remained the dominant species of their home world they were far from the apex predators, the low landers with their superior technologies had become.

Word Count: 410

Carried by the autumn breeze Pyeth joined his friends at their favourite tree, at the valleys floor within sight of the adult scouts gathered near a lodge. "I do better with a sling." Vedas said sourly, "Well maybe they'll hurry up and make a decision."

"Yes berry gathering and basket weaving isn't nearly as fun." Pyeth agreed landing.

"Morning Pyeth." Aashi chirped watching the pair as they exchanged a firm grasp of each others elbow.

"Morning Aashi," Pyeth replied hopping down to exchange the same gesture. "Where's your weapon?"

"Nothing but my talons and beak." She replied raising one to show him the metal tipped sheaths wrapped tightly around them. "Careful they're poisoned."

"Huh. . . I never expected-"

"Vedas, Aashi . . . Pyeth." He followed his father's voice. The adult Rishi stood proud dressed in ornate red and gold, a rare example of Rishi forged armour gathered from fragmented remains of a ancient vessel. "The Chieftain is waiting to give you his blessings and mine."

Vedas hopped down landing on his talons with comfortable ease, "I thought the day would never come."

"The patient hunter gets the prey Vedas, it would be wise to remember that in the days ahead." Nergui said watching Pyeth and Aashi nod knowingly to one another.

Stepping inside Pyeth felt the wall of heat and warmth hit him, ruffling his plumage he caught and trapped the heat in his feathers wrapping it around him like a cloak. The elder looked at the three of them with a welcoming softness.

"Aspirants welcome to the hunting halls," He welcomed them cheerfully, "All our hunters and scouts pass through here, to pay their respects to the beasts of our wilderness."

He paused extending one wing to seven pillars a different beast carved upon each. He named them individually, before coming to the largest where his father stood. "You must learn to respect all these beasts both prey and predators."

"For the avatars of our world, the Maungar this is especially true." Nergui said, "Like them we hunt to survive, nothing more and nothing less."

The Chieftain nodded, "We approach the time of frost, hunting will be made difficult. It is especially important now, our Grophet have been claimed by predators."

"Provisions will be tight, but with your help we may yet survive."

"This is the duty of all our scouts and hunters, your duty."

Aashi nodded, "Thank you for your trust Chieftain, but if you don't mind me asking. What is it we hunt?"

The Chieftain glanced to Nergui, "Hunts Chief?"

"Anything we can get our talons or beaks into, just remember it is dangerous in the wilds. You will not be the only hunters, remember your training but most importantly watch each others backs.

If you need help or assistance do not hesitate to ask the flock."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom