Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Par baova

System:Mandalore

When I'dadr stubbornly defied his A'lor and fought at the battle of New Junction and remained successful it garnered respect. Not only did his serve honorably as a signaler and sniper against imperial remanent forces in the city. Notifying the Protectors of enemy movements amongst the flanks and notifying the forces about the undead that were unleashed into the city. While his A'lor spoke about being unaffiliated, bring dishonor by not adhering to the call of Mand'alor. I'dadr brought honor by going, by fighting his first battle honestly. The young gunslinger managed to kill a few undead from afar as well!

I'dadr knew that if the mandalorians were to survive then they must follow the Resol'nare, that Clan Gargon must not become Hutt'une or cowards. But now was a time to start negotiations, the clan had suffered and has been on the decline since the destruction of Mandalore. Four Hundred souls had perished to Manda attempting to rally to the defense , before being intercepted and killed before they could even make it to the ground. Once having five hundred, only one hundred remained, grim like the former occuptation of Mandalore. The only way forward, to save his Allit, was to begin aligning the clan to the Mandalorian Protectors. Commerce is certainly a start, but this mission served two purposes. I'dadr was sent to fail, to have his influence curbed which would force the clan into his rival and A'lors direction.

There could be no failure , one day the young verde would challenge his leader of the clan. But as of now he needed to harbor more influence, to make his fellow Vod see his way. Walking into the main lobby for his meeting he sat there waiting. Thoughts were racing, but one came into mind Par baova, , which in basic means "For the cause.".

Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch

Arla Rodarch

Marshal, Journeyman Protector

Mandalore
Keldabe

Keldabe seemed to grow before Arla's eyes these days. Everywhere, people were setting up businesses, building homes, and actually living. She liked the changes and growth, even if she would somewhat miss the rustic, frontier town it had begun this incarnation of itself as. The sun was on her face, and it wasn't too windy, and thus no risk of sand in the eyes. Many of the streets were still unpaved, but she didn't mind too much.

Stopping by Panther's Arsenal, Keldabe branch, on her way to Oyu'baat, Arla couldn't help but notice they had added two new warehouses since she'd last been this way. The storefront was still the same, however, simple, and today manned by the old Bith named Saliba.

"Arla!" Sal called before she could sneak up on him. He was an observant, wily old barve, and she respected his wisdom greatly. What he didn't know about weaponry wasn't worth knowing. His partner, who was in the back, knew as much if not more about armour. Between them they made quite a team.

"Sal, you old pirate. What have you done with Gabe?" She called out, getting a couple of Mando helmets to turn and look. They looked away again as the heavily armed Bith chuckled and didn't object to being called a pirate. Arla chuckled too, as she approached to lean on the front counter opposite him. "He's locked in the back." Arla, helmet clipped to her belt, raised an inquisitive eyebrow. "We got some more beskar in from one of the new mines. He says its the purest he's ever seen." They laughed together, knowing that Gabriel Rodarch loved beskar more than his own children.

Before she could ask any questions, Saliba pulled out a small holodisplay and ran through some of the upcoming designs and questioned her rapidly and incessantly about her thoughts and preferences. She couldn't get a word in on her own behalf as the excited Bith was in his element, discussing recoil, range, and the intended effect of his manic concoctions. Arla indulged his eccentricities, because he was that damned good at his job. "So." He said finally, having seemingly exhausted his priority tasks. "Whats up?"

Arla shook her head and laughed at his complete lack of self awareness. In many ways it was karking refreshing. He didn't get it, but she waved the moment away. "Actually, I came to tell you we're expanding. Like, a lot. You and Gabe will be in charge, but you're going to have a lot more underneath you."

She had worked hard to make contacts with arms suppliers, as well as securing future financing. Then she'd ensured that she had involved reliable transport operators to make damn certain her cargoes got where they needed to go. Arla was planning to outfit an army, and for that she needed significant armaments. Panther's Arsenal would be needing more warehouses.

I'dadr Gargon I'dadr Gargon

"Excuse me vod, did you by any chance fight as fleet commander over New Junction?" , this was a surprise to the young adventurer. I'dadr only knew about his own planet and had rarely traveled outside of Gargon. He only heard stories of Mandalore in it's prime, not like it was right now. It certainly was still rebuilding, but there was a sense that the fledgling Mandalorian Protectors were on the right path to this goal. Gargon's A'lor had miscalculated how easy it would be to convince a fellow protector of the importance I'dadr was on. Taking off his Bucye , he had hoped to become more approachable.

Surely Arla would have recognized his voice as the sniper on the ground that operated as the Verde working the signal post on the ground? However there was chaos during that whole ordeal, the undead certainly do that. Some of the conversation was overheard, they were expanding. This was good, this meant that as thought before they could help the decline of Clan Gargon. The clan desperately needed their stockpile of arms, ammo, and ordinance refilled. While the A'lor may be too busy trying to hold influence over the clan by making I'dadr fail. The young Verde would do his best to look past the weak politics,

"I am I'dadr Gargon, I fought on the ground as a signaler for the ground operations. I recognize your voice in the comm chatter, I was the one identifying troop movements." , the skirmisher held his hand out introducing himself to the famous Mandalorian Protector. He had not ever seen her in person, and was relatively isolated in his life. But if Arla had the ability to command respect of a fleet, and an arsenal company, she was famous enough for him in his book. It was obvious he had never done this before, most of his life was as a lookout for his clan. Now he was thrusted as a representative for Clan Gargon, knowing nothing about the galaxy.

Would Arla take kindly to him, or would she rebuke him?

Arla Rodarch

Mandalore
Keldabe

The newcomer wasn't known to Arla, at least not personally. When he spoke up with confidence and introduced himself, she appraised him as she would one of her own soldiers. He measured up well, in her eyes. She'd read the reports out of Junction, what had happened on the ground while she'd been up to her eyes in zombies and frightened refugees. Arla turned away from the counter and offered her hand to shake.

"Good to meet you, ner vod. I've heard good things about you mountain boys out of Gargon." She had too, intelligence was still getting itself together, but Arla could begin to rely on at least getting good intel out of the Mandalore Sector these days. Beyond that, things were more difficult and time consuming.

"I don't remember your voice from the battle, but I was in close contact for most of it." If he didn't know what it was like trying to fight for your life and talk at the same time, he was damned lucky. Another burden of command she could damned well do without a lot of the time. She didn't mean it unkindly, she didn't remember a lot from that battle, just a lot of screaming from the refugees. Kriffing zombies.

The vod obviously recognized her in some way, even if it was just as one of the commanders of the Mandalorian Protectors, but Arla wasn't one to play on rank or any other sort of social clout. To her everyone was about the same, more or less. She tried her best to treat them that way.

"I'm Arla of Clan Rodarch." She didn't list her shabla titles while giving her name, though she was damned proud to have been selected by Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel as the first of his Journeyman Protectors. Saliba had fucked off while she was talking, heading into the workshop in the back, leaving Arla and I'dadr to talk. "What brings you to Keldabe?"

So her name was Arla, and her Clan was Clan Rodarch. All the mandalorian knew about the battle was that it was chaotic, that it was his first one. That the young verde was in a way rushed throughout the whole ordeal. It was obvious that while he may have combat experience, the marksman had much to learn in comparison to this seasoned leader that stood in front of him. I'dadr was disappointed that his efforts seemed forgotten but understood that in the heat of battle small details are often forgotten. It was not like I'dadr was some hero or did anything heroic .

" It is good to hear our name is still respected throughout the mand'ode. Arla, I will be frank my A'lor does not want to align our clan to any side even if the Mand'alor has formed the protectors. I am the main voice attempting to do what we should as mandalorians in our clan. When the Mand'alor calls we are supposed to rally to that voice."

The figure paused before speaking again, nervous inside his body "I was sent here to negotiate refilling our clan stockpiles, and rearming our clan with better weapons and ammunition. Our clan only has access to ancient blasters and weapons from Palpatine's empire. I fought with a Valkin 38x sniper which was used by their scout troopers for crying out loud." he chuckled to himself before speaking again.

"One day I plan to lead, but I first have to prove to the clan that the A'lor is karking wrong. " . He may be apart of the new generation of the clan, but his heart was committed to the welfare of his clan. He knew that she had to be a patriot, she is a A'lverde that leads from the front. Surely they could work out a deal to help rearm Clan Gargon. One that would be beneficial without bankrupting the small clan into the dust.

"We have very little money, but we can offer you the old spice vault of Gargon. During it's height it was a leading facility to store and transport spice for the spice trade in mandalorian space. In return for access to this facility , you rearm us and employ our clan as security for your operations there. We would be silent partners, having say two percent of your company."

In typical Mandalorian fashion, he went straight to the point offering his terms to the right hand women of Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel . While straightforward and unprofessional, he was desperate to help his clan. Hopefully this was an enticing enough opportunity for Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch , and if not she would hopefully be understanding enough to throw a bone with a counter offer. Despite his longwinded explanation and forward attitude.

Arla Rodarch

Mandalore
Keldabe

Despite herself, and the brashness of the young warrior's proposal, Arla was less offended than she might other wise have been, for the offer intrigued her quite a bit. He wasn't asking for a handout, and he'd obviously given great thought to how he might build strong partnerships to help his own people. She could easily empathize with his position, and it was a fair offer in her eyes, showing commitment and respect.

"Your offer is generous, your proposal modest. Here is my counter proposal."

She smiled as the shop owner slowly finished walking away to let the two of them conduct their business semi privately. Arla had no doubt he and his partner would be managing to overhear for gossip's sake if nothing else. She ignored it as harmless, focusing on I'dadr.

"Clan Gargon can take a stake in Panther's Arsenal, but not two percent. What I propose is that you buy in for two and a half percent. I'll match your investment out of my own shares, and bring your holdings to a five percent partnership."

It was a generous deal in her eyes, perhaps not as generous if Clan Gargon were to commit openly and fully to the Mandalorian Protectors, but that was a challenge that Arla might take on further down the line. If they built a successful cooperation here, perhaps in time they would be able to build on it. Having the Gargon crew buying in with their own credits and stake showed the Protectors that the deal was above board, and Arla's people were not giving things away for nothing to outsiders. A generous deal was fine to build and maintain friendships, but blind and open handed largesse was reserved for the Protectors.

Arla watched I'dadr carefully for his reaction to the counter proposal. She hadn't rejected his offer, which would have been rude and to her mind, stupid. But she thought she could secure a better outcome for both of them. She wanted to make a friend and an ally out of this man and his family. Not just for herself, but for Mandalore.

Gratitude filled the envoy's voice as he began to respond to her in an almost immediate response. " Thats a done deal from my sides end. Thank you for hearing me out , this will help us get back on our feet vod." , with Panther Arsenal's backing a passive income would be flowing to the clan and planet of Gargon. Enough to begin rearmament, maybe even begin development to build a town around the old spice vault with the inevitable Panther Arsenal company as the focal point for jobs. This gave the young verde many ideas, most for the bright future the clan now had after today.

After a pause his patriotic excitement rose back up,
"Now where do I sign?" . The young gunslinger was too distracted and happy to notice that even that Gabe and the other figure had quietly snuck away from the two of them as they were speaking. The two of them without realizing it , were building a foundation for the Sovereignty of Mandalore and the Allit of all Mandalorians. With Gargon the Clan and planet entering the fold, the Mandalorian Protectors would have access to a rare material only found on two planets. With Gargon being one of them, while Clan Gargon would own the mineral rights of the planet. Nothing would stop them with selling Phobium to the nation, especially if the young figure provided more pressure for the A'lor to do so.

A war was brewing, and the Mand'ode needed to unite to protect it's culture from the outside galaxy. Only together could that be done, and that meant that Clan Gargon needed to make a step towards helping her cultural friends and fellow vod. I'dadr would not forget the kindness that Arla had done for him today. Should a time come where she may need help, he would align with her. From that of a tense soldier unfamiliar with politics, the body language had changed to a more relaxed posture. Now happy to just interact with the powerful women in front of him, rather then the nervousness he had before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom