Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paper Planes [Nantaris]

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Dutifully and obediently Théo sat in the co-pilot seat as Nantaris strapped him in. His eyes wide as they fell over the control panels, and instruments and the navi computer and support systems, shields and weapon array, sensor array and blue scrolling screens and coloured flashing lights and flight controls and Nantaris's hands working all of it and .. and .. and.

He was drinking it all in, every flick of a switch, every turn of a dial and Nantaris too! Théo did not know why he was doing all of this, but knew enough to know the engine cycle had been initiated and soon they took off.

He craned his neck to look out across the vista spread below them, although pretty enough, Théo had seen it on more than one occasion. "Yes .. lots", lots for one his age. "Mama and Papa, take us to Midvinter and Tabaqui and back". Théo had never left Sanctum controlled space.

He looked to the flight controls, "How does it all work? I mean, how do you keep the ship steady and stuff?".

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]
(This writer apologises, this thread slipped out of thought.)

“Well, most of it’s handled automatically,” Nantaris commented. He pointed to the controls where an indicated of how level the ship was could be seen. “You can fully put it into autopilot, but I prefer to keep it on manual unless I’m going a long way.”

“The other thing you and I both have, and which you will learn to use, is the Force. When you learn to hone it you can anticipate danger, sense what you need to do. It does help us become good pilots if we take the energy to learn.”

They were now clearing the atmosphere and approaching one of the orbital stations.
“Here we go.” He brought up the commlink. “Station control this is Ranger 1, transmitting authorisation.” He was granted it, and brought the ship smoothly in to land.

“In time, lad, you’ll be able to do that yourself. Though I dare say your mother will always be fussing and making sure you’re careful. Parents are usually worry warts.”

(No problem! take your time with this one if you need to)

Théo took in everything Nantaris said and pointed too. He understood about autopilot and how that worked, Papa used it a lot. Mama preferred to fly manual, so she could keep in control and keep her mind of the fact she was not on ground anymore. Her fear of flying would prevent her from training Théo, and Papa always handed over the ship controls to Teetoo, his astromech.

He watched deft hands control the ship, however, use the force to help fly?, now this intrigued Théo. "You would have to have very good force awareness to do that, I mean .. if you are in a fight, you can sense all around you?". He wondered about how 'confusing' to the mind that might be with so much going on. There is always value in using the force.

He felt the ship banking as they approached the station. "Are you flying manual now?".

“The Force can do anything because it is everything. You and me though…well…we can only do so much! I’m not a fighter ace, I’ve never put in the time and study for that, but I can do passably well if I need to. When you concentrate you will feel the Force all around you, through you, and you can sense everything around you. That part is easy…the hard part is making sense of it. It’s like having eyes all around your head.”

Nantaris hit some switches. “We were, now the station’s tractor beam is taking us in and landing us.”

The ship came to a halt and there was a momentary pause as the atmosphere re-entered the hanger.

“Did you want to come for a walk or did you want to stay here?”

"The force can do everything, but we can't. We are limited by our bodies and level of .. wit" and he needed the refresher .. bad! "I need to pee". Théo was up out of this seat the moment Nantaris suggested a walk. Walking beside the tall man, Théo jumped about trying his best to keep his mind of his bladder.

"I do understand what you mean though, my master, Nima Tann? .. she trained me in force awareness and it seems I am pretty good at it". Except he would not find the location of the Loo. Typical kid, hanging on till the last second.

Théo bolted up the corridor, he had spotted the refresher sign indicating the males loos. Busting or bursting either worked, he ran through the door and into a cubical .. the sound of bliss echoed along the corridor in the form of a sigh....

He would wash his hands, mother had taught him well ..

He laughed as the boy dashed off, returning moments later.
“Never drink too much water before takeoff,” Nantaris said. His hayfever was already clearing up.

“[member="Nima Tann"]? Aye, she’s a good Jedi,” he said wistfully. She was also a magnificent purple Twi’lek he’d not yet persuaded to let him stroke the lekku of. All in good time.

Nantaris secured the ship and walked with Theodred up the corridor. “I’ll go give my report. And get things happening. You can come along if you want.”

"What have you got to report on?", he asked following Nantaris up the long corridor of the ship. "Are you in trouble too .. I mean .. you in trouble or something?". He looked around but there was nothing much to see, just a long corridor made of metal.

From time to time crew on the ship passed them, most would give Nantaris a nod of recognition or salute as they passed but Nantaris seemed to be on a 'misson' and did not stop to engage them in chat. "Where are we going? I mean if you are going to see your .. " he was not sure what or who Nantaris's boss was .. "Master", he found a word that might fit, "than he will probably want to give your punishment in private. I could wait outside if you like". Quite frankly Théo did not wish to be around if Nantaris was in trouble, by association he might be too!

Nantaris laughed. “Don’t worry yourself, lad, I’m not in trouble. Not many people who can get me in trouble anyway.” He thought for a moment. “Your mother excepted.”

“Just wait here, I won’t be long,” he told him, heading into a rather official doorway. Theo would be left in a bare hallway with little to do, though there was a water fountain and vending machine in an alcove a little further along.

What could possibly go wrong?

Nothing could possibly go wrong, but everything could possibly go right! As Nantaris disappeared behind the doors, Théo had to wonder why he feared Mama so, [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] was the more scary of the two, you know that quiet nature that if the flames of anger are lit would explode! Mother was a constant! an ever even temper that only those that witness it would be envious of. Loving, caring and ever present to assist any well deserving cause and would always be by her hushand's side in times of great war. Théo had no idea.

He sat down on the floor by the water fountain, the contents of the food dispenser might have been located on the other side of the galaxy as far as he was concerned, he had no credits to use it and he is no thief, but instead his mind pondered on his mother, what is it she actually does? Father he knew to be a guardian and naturally the grand master of the order but apart from knowing his mother is a Jedi, he did not know her actual position. It is kept from him for some reason and now he is curious and will find out one day.

His attention now focused on a door that was located opposite him, it is closed no sign to indicate what was behind said door. He looked up and down the corridor, no one was coming and so he stood to go and see. Pressing the yellow button, the door swooshed open and Théo entered. "Hello?", he asked the room, and no one answer save his own echo. In the middle of the room is a console dead to the world, with control panels on a thick lip. It is a holodisplay, and normally not very inviting or exciting to Théo, he has seen plenty of them, but with nothing more to do but to wait for Nantaris he started poking at the buttons. The controls came to life, and files began to scroll, Théo touched one of them and a star map burst to life. Boring! another file and the schematics of a ship, a capital ship by the size of it. Meh .. another file he opened and as the image came to view, Théo's eyes widened with astonishment.

"What is Nantaris doing with that Twi'lek?", he asked the open air.

This writer suspects Theo’s opinion of his mother might be more than IC musings!

Regardless, Theo had stumbled across a console, and actually had blundered into the surveillance systems. What he was seeing was live and real and coming from just next door!
Now, what Nantaris was doing with the Twi’lek, because this is of course a PG-13 board and we must protect the kiddies, was just a bit of light kissing…and lekku massaging.

After a couple of moments he pulled back. “I’d love to stay and continue your evaluation Vydas, but I have to get going. I’ll call you soon, right?”
“Pfft, you always say that. You sure know how to get a lady worked up and then leave!” the Twi’lek said sulkily, rearranging her outfit.
“Hey, don’t be like that! I’ll be back soon,” Nantaris said, heading for the door.
If Theo wanted to act like he’d seen nothing he’d have to get back to the corridor quickly!

His head tilted to the side trying to ascertain what was going on with Nantaris and the lady when it dawned on him he was watching a live feed and something he should not be viewing. Théo slammed his fist on the controls and shut the computer down just as Nantaris was about to leave.

He ran for the door and quickly closed it behind him and went to the water fountain, suddenly feeling the need for water and a good alibi, just in case. Downing one cup of water Théo pour himself another, but what was she doing with her leg and hand.

It would not be long before he would hear the foot falls of Nantaris so Théo straighten his face and turned as if nothing had happened. "So .. how was the meeting?", he asked trying to hid the complex thoughts running through his brain. "Did you get to the bottom of it all?".

Nantaris straightened his robes, grinned. “Oh yes…I got to the bottom alright,” he said smugly.

“Come along, dear boy. Let’s get you back down to hayfever world before someone notices you’re gone.”
He glanced down, frowned. “You look about out of breath. Go for a run whilst I was inside, did you?” he asked curiously.

"Err, No .. no I guess it might be the high altitude or something", Théo tried his best not to give up the story. "Thank you Master Nantaris for showing me around", he added hoping to change the subject and he meant it too.

"I don't suppose you would let me fly us home?", he asked looking up into his face, he knew the answer well enough but always worth a try. Besides .. the image of that lone starfighter sitting in the hanger looking all lonely and stuff played on the boys mind .... a lot. I wonder if I could find me a wing man? ... or girl.

Théo began to wonder if [member="Nina Heavenshield"] would be up for some adrenaline pumping adventure. Would she? naw, she is a girl.

Nantaris gave the boy another look, then seemed to connect the dots. Instead of raising it, he smiled.
“Sure, you can steer a little ways when we’ve launched. This whole trip will be our little secret, right Theo?”

And so when they launched from the station Nantaris gave control just to the steering yoke to Theo when they were in open space so he could have a few seconds to steer the ship. He kept control on the speed though and was ready to cut back to just him when needed.

He flashed a look up to Nantaris, "Our little secret, yeap", he smiled, they had 'dirt' on each other. "It's a deal".

After the launch, Théo had a brief moment of fun when handed over the ship. He paid full attention of every word Nantaris had spoke before his had his chance, making sure he did nothing wrong after all, he hoped one day Nantaris would teach him to become a pilot, so he was not going to do anything stupid now. With well practiced hand, Nantaris landed the ship back on Voss and in the hangar once more. Théo looked out to see all the crew buzzing about fussing with all manner of ships and in the distance stood that starfighter. It had his name on it.

Théo climbed out of the harness and co-pilot seat and stood to give the Jedi salute to Master Nantaris. "Thank you Master for showing me the ship. But I had best get back to class and explain myself as I am sure to have been missed by now, may the force be with you master". He would make sure to convince his teacher not to inform mother and father, else he would have to tell them too.

He moved to the back of the cockpit but stopped and turned. "You know... I don't get it, the attraction to Lekku .. maybe I will one day". Théo bolted.
fin

Nantaris laughed as the scamp ran for it.
“Give it ten years, lad, and you’ll thank me,” he said.

Myr wandered over. “How’d your ‘evaluation’ of Vydas go? You didn’t scar the kid for life, did you?”
“He’s resourceful, give it a few and he’ll be the one doing it.”
“You humans are weird,” Myr said with a sigh.
“We sure are.” He sneezed. “Oh Sithspit, can we leave this planet already?”
“Sure, whilst you were up there I was doing work.”
“You are a great and noble person, Myr, come on.”

FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom