Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paladin Turbolaser Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.
chi-thien-nguyen-artillery-shot-03.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a standardized Turbolaser for Freebirds Industries products
  • Image Source: Gallery
  • Canon Link: None
  • Permissions: None
  • Primary Source: None
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Turbolaser
    • Power settings: Close Range/Standard/Long Range
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Tibanna Gas
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Large - (effectively limitless)
  • Reload Speed: None
  • Effective Range: Personal/Average/Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: High/Average/Low
  • Stopping Power: Very High
  • Penetration: Low
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Variable charge system allows for various power levels to engage targets at various ranges to engage them effectively. This means that you can set these turbolasers to engage at long range with slower shots to ensure each shot is properly charged for range. This allows for gunners to take advantage of enemies closing in attempting to engage their vessel by giving them much higher rates of fire to return fire with. Pair this with a great fire control system and suddenly you'll be able to change the charges of each shot on the fly, being able to deliver accurate, effective, and efficient volumes of fire within most ranges.
  • Advances in construction technology, taking advantage of lighter weight building materials means that this turret has the build durability of something much heavier, while maintaining a good weight to strength ratio. This allows for a quite responsive and yet well protected weapon system to be utilized on most capital ships.
  • Various protective linings on the turret itself make it extremely resistant to EMP/Ion attacks alongside being highly resistant to various chemical and radiation based attacks. Which means that those who wish to destroy this turret are going to have to resort to pure firepower.
  • Over-engineered servos on the turret give the weapon system much more responsiveness and increased accuracy against even faster moving Corvettes and fighter/bomber squadrons. This means that if your fire control systems and/or gunners can handle it, you can use these weapons against masses of enemy fighters, Corvettes, or other types of targets with a good degree of accuracy.
STRENGTHS
  • Adaptable: This turbolaser is able to adjust its charge to each of its shots to allow for the most effective delivery of weapons fire to the target. This allows for the turbolasers to shoot shots properly charged to hit targets either at range, or reduce the power between each shot to deliver the damage up close. With this ability and a good fire control system and well trained gunners, you could use this to deliver the most effective and efficient weapons fire on target from a variety of ranges. Making each and every shot count.
  • It's a turbolaser: So this thing doesn't have an ammo count, so please by all means, go hog wild with shooting.
WEAKNESSES
  • You need a good fire control system: So to take advantage of this Turbolaser's different approach to combat, you need to install a fire control system that can tell it exactly what charge to use at what range, otherwise this can't change those settings on the fly. This turns it into your average turbolaser. And remember the rates of fire at each range change, meaning that the further away each target is, the slower firing your turbolaser will be.
  • It's a turbolaser: If you destroy this thing's tibanna gas reserve or shut down the power to the weapon, it will stop firing. Pure and simple.
DESCRIPTION
The turbolaser has been a staple of space combat for millennia. This weapon system has given ships the ability to duke it out for the ages, destroying and burning their enemies, and tearing apart anything put in front of them. Freebirds Industries having been only recently made its debut on the galactic stage realized that they needed their own competitor for turbolasers on the galactic stage. And this being their first entry into that market, they hope to make a sizable impact with the versatility and quality product they promise to deliver with the Paladin. And sure, you don't need any fancy targeting systems or other support systems to make this weapon great, but if you're already trying to get a premium product like this, what's that little extra to get the most out of it?

Last edited:
Hey there, The Monster The Monster

solid sub overall, but I've got something I would like to bring up in regards to the specs of this submission.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Turbolaser
    • Power settings: Close Range/Standard/Long Range
  • Size: Average +0
  • Weight: Average +0
  • Ammunition Type: Tibanna Gas
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Large - (effectively limitless) -3
  • Reload Speed: None -3
  • Effective Range: Personal/Average/Long Range +1/+0/-1
  • Rate of Fire: High/Average/Low -1/+0/+1
  • Stopping Power: Very High -2
  • Penetration: Low +1
  • Recoil: Average +0
TOTAL: -3 (3 points over in my calculations)
I certainly applaud the creativity in the addition and further rating fields to include "Reload Speed" and "Penetration," however your "Reload Speed" field is bringing a bit of confusion here. When I read "Reload Speed" as "None," it reads to me as though it requires no time at all to reload. If this is the case, this will definitely cut into your point allocation. Which is why this sub currently sits at 3 points over in my calculations. If you could clarify this for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi
So when I say there is no reload speed it is essentially as Turbolasers, by design can't be "reloaded" unless you pull the thing out because their ammunition capacity is directly fed from the ship's main systems. This means that there is no way to reload this particular sub (unless you do a massive overhaul because it's a turbolaser).

PRE-FACTORY Request

Submission Name
: Paladin Turbolaser Turret
Link to Submission: here - https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/paladin-turbolaser-turret.141440/
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: Image for the sub has been broken, going to update with a newer better image

Thank you kindly.

Moved to pre-factory per OP request.

Please remember to include a list of changes made when you tag a member of factory staff to move the submission back to live judgement.

John Locke John Locke I have made the necessary adjustments to move this back into live judging.

Adjustments as follows:
  • Replaced the broken image with a now working image
  • Replaced the Gallery link to new image to ensure that it is up to factory standard.
Once again thank you much and really appreciate everything y'all do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom