Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Palace of the Mighty Jutteth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MQ9OkKY.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
Jpk2yOK.jpeg

• Structure Name: Besadii Castle, now just named "Jutteth's Palace"
  • Classification: Palace Fortress
  • Location: Ryloth, situated in a spacious rocky and mountainous terrain with spice mines underneath.
  • Affiliation: Jutteth Besadii. If the event of passing occurs and he has not produced an offspring, the Palace could be put under claim from another Hutt Lord of similar station and reason.
  • Accessibility: Accessible by either foot or starship, with landing pads outside of the main blast door to the palace.
  • Description: A large and fortified compound that serves as the hub for many criminal operations and serves as the preferred resting place and primary home for Jutteth the Hutt. In the upper levels of the palace it has spacious designs suited for larger species and a labyrinth of winding halls and corridors.
POINTS OF INTEREST

Interior of the Palace
The Palaces interior consists of a vast array of corridors and rooms that are all intertwined. Several rooms scattered throug
toVM6KK_d.webp
hout the palace are currently empty and could be modified and changed as Jutteth continues to renovate the palace. Towards the front of the palace and the main entrance is a large fortified blast door. Beyond the main gate is a spacious hallway that is kept dimly lit. In here many goons and other thugs or criminals can be seen hanging out. Walking up the main ramp until the edge, there is a central room which splits off into three large hallways, each going off into the different areas of the main level, with the main hallway taking you straight into the guarded throne room of the Hutt, where a second Iron Door could be found at the end of the main hallway before being granted access into the throne room.

MXtJd9L.jpg

Throne Room:
The throne room is the center-most room on the main floor of the palace. The center of the throne room features a large, circular, floor plan which acts as a place for the Hutt's own personal entertainment as well as the slew of scum and villainy that act as Jutteth's personal entourage. On both sides of the throne room is large booths covered by curtains for those to rest, talk, or to enjoy a hookah or drink. The throne room being the main area for the Hutt to enjoy his time, it is well acclimated to meet his needs, with several humidifiers being placed around the area to keep his skin moist. Wanting to be reminded of his home planet Nal Hutta, Jutteth has had several swampy plants brought into the throne scattered around, kept alive in the temperature-controlled environment and customized lighting. Directly behind Jutteth's hovering platform throne is a large curtain which covers a hallway leading down directly to a small, well hidden exit that looks much like a cave. Inside the cave rests a skiff which can be used as a last-ditch escape method for the Hutt.

Halls: Two halls flank the sides of Jutteth's throne room:​
The hall to the left - of his throne room leads to a set of stairs that lead up to one his guard towers, as well as an exit to the palace's private hangar, where he stores his ship and skiff, as well as the ships of any of his personal employees. The hangar has a blast door which can be closed when the hangar is not in use.​
The hall to the right - leads to another set of stairs that lead up to another of his guard towers, as well as an exit to a cavernous chamber where the palace can take on supplies. This chamber also acts as a storage room for any spice being smuggled out of the palace. It contains enough room for only one ship, usually some sort of freighter, to dock and either take on or offload supplies. This chamber also has a blast door that can be closed when not in use.​
Feast Hall: On the second floor of the central building, there is a large feast hall where the Hutt may choose to invite guests if he so pleases. At the center of the room there is a large circular bar littered with varied beverages from all over the galaxy. The bar also offers a variety of drugs for a hefty fee.

Guest Bed chambers: On the second floor of the central building, two large hallways split off from the bar and feast room, on both sides of the hallways bed champers are located there for guests of eminence to stay.

Palace Archives: Towards the back of the palace, on the third level of the main building, a heavily guarded and monitored room featuring a blast door holds the library of Jutteth's archives, business dealings, intel and contacts, and other prized possessions very close to Jutteth. To either sides of the blast door is two IG-RM guard droids.

Empty Space/Storage: Several rooms all connected by the main hallway on the third floor are completely empty, Jutteth has eventual plans to expand on these rooms and continue adding more to this level. For now, a small portion of the rooms, closer to the backside of the palace near the archive room, is used for general storage.

nS7P09r.png
Jutteth's Personal Chambers: On the highest floor of the main building to the palace lies Jutteth's chambers. Within his chambers is some personal belongings as well as very dim bulbous lighting and a few moisture tanks to keep the room to his liking. Inside of his ornately decorated room is also several plants from different worlds and his own home planet Nal Hutta.

Subterranean Layers of the Palace

Cells:
The palace has four prison cells located in the lower levels on either side of the main entrance hall. The cells are guarded by pairs of guards who swap shifts routinely.

Beast Chamber: A large, rocky room underneath the Throne Room of the Palace that was once used to hold ferocious beasts of various sizes and temperament. It has seen decades of decay and misuse. Skeletons of past victims who were sent into the depths below litter the dark and terrifying space. Jutteth hopes to soon acquire a beast worthy of his chamber.

Storage Rooms: The more lucrative and illegal goods the Hutt collects is sent down to the subterranean levels of the palace. Drugs and other illegal items are packaged here before being shipped off for commerce.

usz5LSd.png

Spice Mines and Spice Processing Labs: Perhaps the most secretive and lucrative asset of the entire palace, the Spice Mines and Processing facilities are located even further below, only accessible through secretive passageways that take you down lower into the mountainous depths, even going as far as below the mountainous terrain. The workers are predominately Twi'lekian slaves who do most of the spice collecting, while more seasoned employees manage the spice processing and synthesizing. There is a small and narrow elevator that is shifted up to the lower levels of the palace where the spice is collected.

Exterior of the Palace
Power & Communications Tower - To the right of the main building of the palace-complex, a six-story tower resides on the cliffside of the palace that acts as the housing for the power center for electricity in the palace as well as comms systems to allow for long-range communication from the palace. This tower is guarded very well, with frequent patrols typically in groups of two patrolling up and down the winding staircases leading to each floor.

UpO9LxP.jpg

Hangar-
Located near the furthermost left wall of the palace's exterior, accessible through blast door or the hallway from the main room, is where the hangar for the Hutt's personal ships or his employee's personal ships are located. The hangar is one of the most frequently used areas of the entire palace, and the large blast door of the hangar is typically opened, as the only other way to get into it would be to climb up the extremely steep natural wall of stone.

Landing Pad - A large space outside the walls where visitors to the palace can land their ships. From the landing pad a pathway that carves through the rough rocky terrain will guide the visitor to the front entrance of the palace.

Courtyard - Directly beyond both sides of the front gates of the palace is an expansive courtyard where palace guests could mingle and outdoor parties held. The courtyard features a vast array of plants native to the planet Ryloth, as well as exotic plants.

Monitoring Hub - Located in a separate, smaller building, to the far right of the main entrance rests the Monitoring hub where palace cam feeds can be monitored. This bulbous building has a balcony that overlooks the terrain and has a clear view of the exterior landing pad.

SECURITY
Maximum

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The Hutt Palace has a long and rich history, once owned by a proud Besadii Hutt by the name of Rokkal the Hutt. Under the Hutt's control of the palace it saw many modifications and upgrades as well as expansion. The Besadii ruled over the palace unchallenged for several centuries, passing the inheritance on to the next generations which saw many different owners. During the centuries that Jutta, Jutteth's father, had dominion over the palace, it saw a long period of misuse and neglect, only being temporarily used as a vacation spot for the Hutt. Eventually he would quit returning to the palace altogether, finding more comfort on his home planet Kor Besadii.

After the murder of Jutta, Jutteth sought a place to establish his new hub for his growing criminal empire. He wanted to be far away from Kor Besadii and Nal Hutta, preparing for the off-chance that the other Hutt families would find out he had murdered his own father. Fortunately enough for Jutteth his act of regicide was swept under the rug, giving him ample time to renovate and repurpose the palace. This of course included slaughtering the squatters that had moved themselves into the palace following the departure of Jutta, some of which were given a right to stay by his late father who had a heart for their troubles. Jutteth did not share his fathers soft heart, and had them all swiftly killed upon his arrival to the palace.

In recent years, the Palace has been well kept-up following it's years of neglect, and serves as a bustling spot for only the most villainous of scum in the galaxy.

Last edited:
Evenin'

I've had a read through this before placing it under review and I gotta say, I like it. Always love a Hutt Palace, and it has a Rancor Pit (Beast Chamber, same thing). It's well written, well linked and a place for scum and villiany to hang out and tell their stories.

I would quite happily give this the trainee stamp and pass it up, however before I do there's just one quick issue we need to fix! You've stated where you got the images from yet not actually linked them. As per the Codex Image Sourcing Rules which can be accessed by clicking the hyperlink, I'm gonna need links to each location please! For the Bing AI Image Gen Software, I think we'll get away with a link directly to said generation software and a mention of the prompt's that you used to get to the end result.

Fun fact, today I learnt that Bing now has AI Image Generation Software.

But yeah! Once that's corrected I'll get this passed up cause the rest of this submission is stellar.

Jutteth Besadii Koragga Jutteth Besadii Koragga

Evenin'

I've had a read through this before placing it under review and I gotta say, I like it. Always love a Hutt Palace, and it has a Rancor Pit (Beast Chamber, same thing). It's well written, well linked and a place for scum and villiany to hang out and tell their stories.

I would quite happily give this the trainee stamp and pass it up, however before I do there's just one quick issue we need to fix! You've stated where you got the images from yet not actually linked them. As per the Codex Image Sourcing Rules which can be accessed by clicking the hyperlink, I'm gonna need links to each location please! For the Bing AI Image Gen Software, I think we'll get away with a link directly to said generation software and a mention of the prompt's that you used to get to the end result.

Fun fact, today I learnt that Bing now has AI Image Generation Software.

But yeah! Once that's corrected I'll get this passed up cause the rest of this submission is stellar.

All fixed and thank you, went ahead and linked all the images. Unfortunately I no longer have the prompts I used to make those 2 AI pictures, the old prompts get funneled out when you continue to generate images, but I went ahead and linked the software.

Morning!

Cheers for the links.

Normally we try and steer clear of pinterest where possible and trace images back as far as possible, again as per the codex image sourcing rules I linked earlier. However, I've done a reverse google search for you to try and trace the image back and honestly I can't find much more than that pinterest link. I found similar on reddit but it's not quite 100% and it's a mirror image, which is weird.

So what I'll do is I'll give you two options. You can try and do some more digging yourself to try and find a new link using tineye, google reverse search etc and failing that you can note "Unable to Find Exact Credit" next to the link or you can source a new image.

I'll quote the rule below just for reference.

Can't Find An Image Credit
"The Last Resort"
"I've spent forever looking and I've gone belly up."

Once in a blue moon, you might not be able to find the original creator or artist. If you've followed the steps above, such as using Google, Tiny Eye, asking for help, and you still hit a wall? You may do one of a few things to show that you tried your very best.
  • All other efforts should be exhausted first. At least, try.
  • A Codex Admin or Judge may ask you to change the wording, or, they might be able to find a better source for you during the submission review.
If all else fails, under Image Credit, you may use options such as Pinterest, Imgur, Wallpaper Sites, or the odd site you found it on that doesn't quite match up, etc... We typically don't allow hosting/wallpaper sites because anyone can add anything to them whether they own it or not. In this case, we've tried everything else, and this is as close as we can get.

Lastly, note next to the link that you were "Unable to Find Exact Credit" so that the Judges are aware.

I get that it can be annoying having to keep hunting for links and pictures, however I'm sure you'll agree that ensuring proper credit for art is extremely important.

Otherwise this remains a really good submission! I'll leave the ball in your court, just let me know.

Morning!

Cheers for the links.

Normally we try and steer clear of pinterest where possible and trace images back as far as possible, again as per the codex image sourcing rules I linked earlier. However, I've done a reverse google search for you to try and trace the image back and honestly I can't find much more than that pinterest link. I found similar on reddit but it's not quite 100% and it's a mirror image, which is weird.

So what I'll do is I'll give you two options. You can try and do some more digging yourself to try and find a new link using tineye, google reverse search etc and failing that you can note "Unable to Find Exact Credit" next to the link or you can source a new image.

I'll quote the rule below just for reference.

I get that it can be annoying having to keep hunting for links and pictures, however I'm sure you'll agree that ensuring proper credit for art is extremely important.

Otherwise this remains a really good submission! I'll leave the ball in your court, just let me know.

As I wrote in the original image credit, I know the person who made the concept artwork was Ralph McQuarrie when he was working for Lucasfilm, would including his name again work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom