Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pack Mule

[SIZE=11pt]Seltos | Abandoned Ore Mining Cavern | [member="Mishel Noren"][/SIZE]​
[SIZE=11pt]
Hang-En-1-768x512.jpg
[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=11pt]Makai adjusted the heavy rucksack on his back, staring down the cavern that lay ahead of them. There were events beyond his control that caused him to wonder how exactly he was ‘voluntold’ for this assignment. Details were fuzzy but apparently his Dad knew the guardian or roommate or something of the girl spelunking with him today. In his book the only girl he wanted to wander around in cave with was [member="Myra Elspeth"] .However, with Ellie being the smart one of the pair she had to go to school and he had to head back to work. Apparently his work now included being a sherpa to daughters of the rich and famous. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Sweat was already soaking the back of his shirt but the half-Galan was enjoying the weather. Humidity was so thick it felt like he was drinking the air, nothing like his last experience exploring the caverns of Tatooine. Iced azure eyes took in the cave floor. Looked as if it occasionally flooded, something to listen out for. It wouldn’t be a problem for him but he doubted the girl traveling with him could breathe underwater. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Ready? Know what we’re...well, what you’re looking for?”[/SIZE]

Mishel Kryze

M
After Utapau. After Dagobah.

Mishel needed the break.

Spelunking, cave diving and being away from all the mind-numbing training, not mind-numbing but she definitely needed a break. Mishel didn't mind the heat too much but the humidity? Force help her, she had already tied her tank top in the back and pulled her hair up and yet the sweat just clung to her skin and she sighed a little bit. At first she hadn't heard the guy who was helping her, Auntie [member="Joza Perl"] had helped to arrange this little expedition. "Uh," Mishel looked at [member="Makai Dashiell"], "ores really, shiny stuff crystals and the like." Mishel also wouldn't mind securing a source of lumber from this place either that would make it so much easier to make a wooden hilt. For the time being the girl had left her neurotransponder on the little blockade runner she had been given as an award for helping defend Pau from the Mandalorians. She was in a hoverchair today and thankfully one that was pretty good for navigating. Legs dangled lifelessly beyond the seated portion, a cybernetic hand worked the control of the chair. "I make lightsabers so if I can find something to use for that, that would work or maybe even blasters but I don't know anyone who could teach me how to make a blaster."

"I'm sorry what was your name again?" She asked for like the third time, listen getting hit hard enough to jar your skull around in the mines plus getting slapped around with Force Light every five seconds afterward? Was not a fun experience, memory tended to be a little shaky after such events.

[member="Mishel Noren"]

"Makai Dashiell."

The teenage half-Galan knew about ores and metals somewhat. His father did own a mining company after all. What he wasn't sure of was the purpose of 'shiny' stuff beyond lightsabers. It told him that he wouldn't be hauling out kilos of raw metal.He didn't see the point of going in and hammering out small amounts. Makai could have set up a business meeting and sold the girl finished metals if she wanted. Gave them to her even since she seemed to be a friend of Dad's friends.

Crystals...well, he could see the delicate need to pick those out personally.

"Make a blaster? I'm sure some old timer could probably teach you, plenty of those spacer types floatin' around. Got to win their trust though." Makai adjusted the straps on the rucksack as they started down into the caverns. "Or I'm sure there's a holovid around."

Mishel Kryze

M
"Okay but how many of those holovids are like legit?" Mishel asked with a raised brow, "think I'd rather learn from some crudgety old dude living in a cave or something." She paused a moment for thought, "yeah I know plenty of old spacer types. Most of them are hidin' out in the Coalition scratchin' themselves talking about the good old days and how I'm just a welp and oh no, don't put that there. What are you doing, blargh." She made a face to go along with her playful tone. "Right, Makai."

Their descent into the cavern was easy enough so far.

"Yeah, so uh - um, what do you do - when you're not being sold to help the cripple." She joked about herself with a typical self-depreciating humor and then cleared her throat. The teenager swept her hair back and settled into her chair a little. Her left leg was still in a cast thanks to Dagobah's lovely crash through the trees and swim through the swamps. Part of her was so glad that her neurotransponder was shut off for the day. Mom specified time off of it something about a second surgery, cripes. She sighed as the thought weighed on her mind, and nodded as Makai gave his answer.

[member="Makai Dashiell"]

[member="Mishel Noren"]

"We are in a cave. Perhaps we will stumble upon said old man."

Headlamp bounced around the cave walls, looking around for anything that might catch his eye. The teenager didn't expect to see anything yet. Nothing of real value was ever at the entrance of the cave in his experience. It was too easy to grab and often cleaned out well in advance. Still didn't mean folks didn't miss things. Happened all the time.

"Sold? What is this sold you speak of? I was given away like an old boot." There was a small chuckle at his joke. "I work for my Dad, salvaging and mining. I've also been shadowing Miss Alcori at Firemane Industries from time to time. It's good to get a different perspective on business and learn from one of the greatest."

There was a wave of his hand towards her leg.

"What'd you get in a fight with? How does the other guy look?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom